GUILTY WV - Riley Crossman, 15, Martinsburg, Morgan County, 7 May 2019 *arrest*

Wednesday, June 12th:
*Preliminary hearing (@ 2pm ET) - WV – Riley Grace Crossman (15) (reported missing May 8, 2019, Berkeley Springs; found May 16, 2019, near Tuscarora Pike) - *Andrew “Drew” or “Andy” Jackson McCauley, Jr. (41) (mom’s BF) arrested & arraigned (5/16/19) for murder. Morgan County
5/22/19 Update: Preliminary hearing on 5/24. 5/24/19: Hearing moved to 6/12 and maybe hearing on 6/25.

Anyone know what is bond is?? TIA! :)
"Andy Jackson McCauley Jr., 41, of Greenway Drive, Berkeley Springs, was arraigned in Berkeley County Magistrate court Thursday on the felony count of murder regarding the missing teen.

The charge carries a possibility of life in prison.

McCauley is being held in Eastern Regional Jail without bond."

Suspect arraigned for murder in death of Berkeley Springs teen

"Andy Jackson McCauley Jr., 41, of Greenway Drive, Berkeley Springs, was arraigned in Berkeley County Magistrate court [b\Thursday [/b]on the felony count of murder regarding the missing teen.

The charge carries a possibility of life in prison.

McCauley is being held in Eastern Regional Jail without bond."

Suspect arraigned for murder in death of Berkeley Springs teen

Sorry - another question? "which" Thursday? Last Thursday? June 6th? TIA! :) I can't access the article, stupid EU rules...

Magistrate finds probable cause to move McCauley murder case to Grand Jury

James closed his arguments before Magistrate Stephens by saying Riley Crossman had been in contact with her boyfriend during the late evening of May 7. He showed an image of a screen with messages from Crossman to her boyfriend, reading, “Andy’s in my room” and “I’m scared.”

BBM

I am not surprised in the least. This is playing out just how I expected it would. So very sad.

MOO

She texted her boyfriend - he’s in my room and I’m scared? How horrible! :(
Was this when her mom was at work?
Why didn’t she text her mom?

Did her mom work different shifts?

The article indicates that her mother returned from her second job at 10:30pm.

[RSBM from link posted upthread]
Riley Crossman had been in contact with her boyfriend during the late evening of May 7. He showed an image of a screen with messages from Crossman to her boyfriend, reading, “Andy’s in my room” and “I’m scared.”

Is it possible her mother was home when this text was sent?

Yes, her mother was home when the texts were sent to the boyfriend.
I'm just not exactly sure what the blocked calls were about, if he'd already taken her before midnight?

Maybe he was trying to locate her phone to check it/destroy it?

Magistrate finds probable cause in case of man accused of killing Riley Crossman

According to Edwards testimony, on the evening of May 7, McCauley, Riley and her two brothers were the only ones home from approximately 7:30-10:30 p.m., until Crossman's mother returned home from work.

------------------------------------------------------------

A phone dump was performed on McCauley's phone, according to testimony. James showed a call history from McCauley's phone where he called Crossman's cell phone at 3 a.m., 3:34 a.m. and 3:52 a.m. Each time, McCauley had blocked his number by first pressing *67.

James also presented to the court text messages between Crossman and her boyfriend on the night of May 7. At 11:01 p.m., Crossman's text said "Andy's in my room." At 11:13 p.m., Crossman's text said, "I'm scared."

Yes, her mother was home when the texts were sent to the boyfriend.
I'm just not exactly sure what the blocked calls were about, if he'd already taken her before midnight?

Maybe he was trying to locate her phone to check it/destroy it?

Magistrate finds probable cause in case of man accused of killing Riley Crossman

According to Edwards testimony, on the evening of May 7, McCauley, Riley and her two brothers were the only ones home from approximately 7:30-10:30 p.m., until Crossman's mother returned home from work.

------------------------------------------------------------

A phone dump was performed on McCauley's phone, according to testimony. James showed a call history from McCauley's phone where he called Crossman's cell phone at 3 a.m., 3:34 a.m. and 3:52 a.m. Each time, McCauley had blocked his number by first pressing *67.

James also presented to the court text messages between Crossman and her boyfriend on the night of May 7. At 11:01 p.m., Crossman's text said "Andy's in my room." At 11:13 p.m., Crossman's text said, "I'm scared."

Oh how awful!!! Poor, sweet Riley must have experienced absolute terror — for longer than I can bear to even think about — and all while her mother was in the house apparently. She reached out to her boyfriend, rather than expect help from her mother — if her mom got home around 10:30 and she sent the message to her boyfriend after 11. IMO

JUSTICE FOR RILEY!!

Oh how awful!!! Poor, sweet Riley must have experienced absolute terror — for longer than I can bear to even think about — and all while her mother was in the house apparently. She reached out to her boyfriend, rather than expect help from her mother — if her mom got home around 10:30 and she sent the message to her boyfriend after 11. IMO

JUSTICE FOR RILEY!!
BBM

Good point.
Am getting flashbacks of SLP.
There has to be a reason Riley didn't get help from her own mother -- who was in the house at that time ! :mad:

Snippet from the article below. It is infuriating to know that her grandmother, Debra Ditto, left Riley alone with him that night! She left at, i believe, 730pm. Knowing that her very own husband was dealing drugs to this addict. And Golden has not been charged with a drug distribution charge. Things that make you go HMMMMM!

"The investigation also revealed that the defendant apparently purchased drugs from the husband of Morgan County Magistrate Debra Ditto in the early-morning hours of May 8. Ditto was Riley's grandmother.

Edwards testified that Ditto's husband, Bobby Golden, told police that the deal involved two suboxone strips, but the trooper also noted that McCauley indicated that the deal involved a different drug.

The trooper testified that Golden said that McCauley's hair appeared to be soaking wet, and the defendant seemed as if he was in somewhat of a hurry.

Ditto's husband has not been charged, James said after Wednesday's hearing."

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth
Back