NH NH/CA - Terry Peder Rasmussen, suspected SK, Allenstown, 1981-2000's - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not afraid of sharing my thoughts, nor do i feel bad for it... even when my thoughts don't make sense. :)
When i saw that birth record i got this hunch that Tami is Marlyse's daughter. The way the surname was misindexed. Same as on her marriage record to Ralph E. Mcwaters... her surname is Honychurch... i wish i could access the images. Although i'm a volunteer indexer i can only access more info if i become a member of the The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. And i'm not sure what that means...? Paying a membership is ok, but changing my religious beliefs and stick to one religion is something i'm not willing to do.
For now i'll stick with question: If my hunch is right, if Tami is Marlyse's daughter, where is she? Is she one of the girls in Marie's birthday photo?

Thanks for your time and understanding #LookingForClues :)

Please don't feel bad about missing the part about the middle child not being related to Marlyse. This is a very confusing case! There are so many missing pieces and multiple families/victims involved. I hope you continue to share your thoughts, you never know what might be the clue that gives the middle child her name back!

Hopefully the moderators will create a new forum section for TPR so all the threads can be in one place. Right now, they are scattered in several places here.

Welcome! :)

I think i forgot to quote you ...

Is TH (born in 1976) one of Marlyse's sisters then?

TH, born in 1976, could be the daughter of Marlyse’s sister. She is not the unidentified middle child, there are records on ancestry that show she was still alive after 1980.

Good find though. I see the surname is spelled Honeychurch, Honychurch and Honychur on Ancestry.com. Welcome to Websleuths!

TH, born in 1976, could be the daughter of Marlyse’s sister. She is not the unidentified middle child, there are records on ancestry that show she was still alive after 1980.

Good find though. I see the surname is spelled Honeychurch, Honychurch and Honychur on Ancestry.com. Welcome to Websleuths!

Thanks! It didn't make sense Marlyse being married at the time to Ralph Mcwaters since 1974 and having a child of another man in 1976 and then a daughter to Ralph in 1977. I got too excited and curious with the misspelled surnames.

I have another question which i couldn't find the answer to here... There is a marriage of Curtis Mayo Kimball to Pamela Joy Reeh in Texas... Is that CMK the real one or is it TPR?
I read here that he stole IDs from "real people", and the articles related to CMK marriage caught my eye especially because of the timeframe of his whereabouts and the "confusing" names of CMK's parents.

Both articles regarding the marriage are odd... One states CMK parents are Patrick Kimball and Ethel Decoesis*. The other mentions Mrs. Harry Deceous* as CMK's mother and states she "was unable to attend". This was in 1973... CMK and PJR divorced in 1979.
Wasn't the groom's mother supposed to be referred to as Mrs. Patrick Kimball? Or Mrs. Ethel Decoesis/Deceous, assuming one of them was a typo?

*Written exactly as in the articles.

Thanks for your reply,

Pat

I think that's a good possibility. I've often wondered if the mother of MC was someone he went to high school with who he reconnected with on his visit to his family. Because he seemed to always find a woman to stay with wherever he went. Where was he staying on that Dec 1974 visit? Did they stay at a hotel/in an RV park or did they stay at her house or with her family? I can see him going to spend a holiday with mystery woman's family and beginning the process of isolating her from her family like he later did with Marlyse, Denise and Eunsoon. That seems to be part of his MO.

MOO

Just to keep facts straight... I am confused as to your "Dec 1974 visit" reference. I thought the Christmas visit in Payson was in 1975 or 1976. Am I remembering this all wrong???

Just to keep facts straight... I am confused as to your "Dec 1974 visit" reference. I thought the Christmas visit in Payson was in 1975 or 1976. Am I remembering this all wrong???

I was going off this DOJ timeline that says Dec 1974: https://www.doj.nh.gov/news/2017/documents/20170818-allenstown-manchester-timeline.pdf

"RASMUSSEN arrives unexpectedly to visit his wife and children in Payson, AZ. He is in the company of an unidentified female. RASMUSSEN indicates he was living at the Casa Del Rey Apartments in Ingleside, TX. This is the last time RASMUSSEN’s family ever sees him."

ETA: I see now that they changed the dates to 1975 or 1976 in the newest timeline, so you are not wrong. I was looking at the older one when I posted. :oops:
2019 Timeline: https://www.doj.nh.gov/news/2019/documents/20190605-allenstown-timeline.pdf

PatLaurel, I see some others responded to you earlier to help clear up a few questions. I'm glad you still want to post, I was afraid I might have scared you off.

I can't definitively help with your last post about Kimball, but I suspect you're looking at the person whose identity was stolen by TPR. And since there are stolen identities involved, we tend not to use full names here of people who have been innocently dragged into a serial killer's case. You might want to consider notifying a moderator to review your post and ask if it should be deleted. The moderator will delete it if necessary.

PatLaurel, I see some others responded to you earlier to help clear up a few questions. I'm glad you still want to post, I was afraid I might have scared you off.

I can't definitively help with your last post about Kimball, but I suspect you're looking at the person whose identity was stolen by TPR. And since there are stolen identities involved, we tend not to use full names here of people who have been innocently dragged into a serial killer's case. You might want to consider notifying a moderator to review your post and ask if it should be deleted. The moderator will delete it if necessary.

Ohh i understand... :/ I hope i learn quickly how to do it. Thanks.

I reported my own post... I hope i don't get in trouble.

I got carried away by my curiosity regarding the woman TPR was seen with in AZ, Dec. 1974. If the 1973 marriage was TPR's, then that woman could be his wife?!

(Cross posted this on the Allenstown thread)

I was listening to the NHPR Bear Brook podcasts again and heard a detail I didn't recall before. When TPR was working at Waumbec Mill as Bob Evans he had a locked room at the mill that he wouldn't let anyone enter. I also had not realized that he was not just an electrician there but his title was "head electrician" which gave him authority to keep that room locked up. Horrible thought, but I wonder if he kept the remains in that room until he figured out how to dispose of them? Or perhaps he could have locked them up alive in that room for a while? That may be why no one would remember Marlyse, Marie and Sarah. Either way, I think he didn't let them live very long after they arrived in NH. There might not be any neighbors or teachers or classmates of Marie who would remember them being there. IIRC the isotopes showed they were all together with Middle Child in the same location for only a short time before their deaths. MOO.

Episodes — Bear Brook

I recall he was a head electrician, but didn't know about the locked room. I wonder if it were big enough to store them in. Did they say?
I'm thinking along the same lines as you, that no one appears to recall the Marlyse and the children because they weren't in NH long enough to be settled and then noticed by many people. That's why I'm leaning toward Marlyse not being the Elizabeth Evans who signed for the letter. But that all depends on when they arrived in NH. If it was closer to 1978, then no, I don't think it was her, but someone else, possibly another, yet unknown, victim.

I recall he was a head electrician, but didn't know about the locked room. I wonder if it were big enough to store them in. Did they say?
I'm thinking along the same lines as you, that no one appears to recall the Marlyse and the children because they weren't in NH long enough to be settled and then noticed by many people. That's why I'm leaning toward Marlyse not being the Elizabeth Evans who signed for the letter. But that all depends on when they arrived in NH. If it was closer to 1978, then no, I don't think it was her, but someone else, possibly another, yet unknown, victim.

I don't think they said how big the room was he kept locked. I'm leaning towards someone else being Elizabeth too. Too many unknowns so far for me to conclude it was Marlyse using her middle name and going along with TPR's ruse of changing their last name to Evans. Her family knew his last name was Rasmussen. I suppose she might have been convinced to change their names if she was afraid of one of her ex-husbands coming to take one of her daughters again. But the existence of the birthday photos makes me think she would have kept in touch with her family-- at least sending occasional updates on the girls-- if she had not been murdered by TPR. MOO.

I don't think they said how big the room was he kept locked. I'm leaning towards someone else being Elizabeth too. Too many unknowns so far for me to conclude it was Marlyse using her middle name and going along with TPR's ruse of changing their last name to Evans. Her family knew his last name was Rasmussen. I suppose she might have been convinced to change their names if she was afraid of one of her ex-husbands coming to take one of her daughters again. But the existence of the birthday photos makes me think she would have kept in touch with her family-- at least sending occasional updates on the girls-- if she had not been murdered by TPR. MOO.

I'm thinking there's a slight possibility perhaps Marlyse didn't have to be convinced to use an alias, and that using one could have even been her idea. She'd had several name changes (due to her blended immediate family, marriages and divorces) up to that point and appeared to have traveled almost as extensively as TR between coasts. It could have been a mutual idea/decision based on their past and current lifestyles, before and after they met, to use aliases.
Do we know who those birthday pictures were from yet? I haven't seen an update.

We don't know for sure that he started using the alias Bob Evans while with Marlyse. Although, I feel it's likely.

It could be that he killed Marlyse & babies while he was still using his real name and their murders were the catalyst for the name change since her family knows she left with him as his real identity.

If TR had intentions of killing Marlyse & babies from the start... then why did he use his real identify in the first place?

I reported my own post... I hope i don't get in trouble.

I got carried away by my curiosity regarding the woman TPR was seen with in AZ, Dec. 1974. If the 1973 marriage was TPR's, then that woman could be his wife?!
The December 1974 timeline has been updated to December of 1975 or 1976. See gardener’s post above.

We don't know for sure that he started using the alias Bob Evans while with Marlyse. Although, I feel it's likely.

It could be that he killed Marlyse & babies while he was still using his real name and their murders were the catalyst for the name change since her family knows she left with him as his real identity.

If TR had intentions of killing Marlyse & babies from the start... then why did he use his real identify in the first place?

I based his using the alias Bob Evans on the time line. He was known in CA as himself, according to what we learned from the last time Marlyse was seen by her family in 1978. He showed up in NH between 1978-79, in all likelihood with Marlyse, based on the victims' isotopes. From what we've learned in the media so far from investigators, he was only known as Bob Evans in NH, not TR. Of course, this may change as time goes on and more is discovered, but as it stands right now, with what we know, he started using the alias Bob Evans while being involved with Marlyse, sometime & somewhere between CA and NH.

I based his using the alias Bob Evans on the time line. He was known in CA as himself, according to what we learned from the last time Marlyse was seen by her family in 1978. He showed up in NH between 1978-79, in all likelihood with Marlyse, based on the victims' isotopes. From what we've learned in the media so far from investigators, he was only known as Bob Evans in NH, not TR. Of course, this may change as time goes on and more is discovered, but as it stands right now, with what we know, he started using the alias Bob Evans while being involved with Marlyse, sometime & somewhere between CA and NH.
Agreed. That's most likely.

They could have lived in NH 3 weeks to a few months in '78 early '79 then started working as the electrician as Bob. Alias after the murder. *maybe*

Maybe he kept their belongings in the locked room to not give any indication in the house of them to other women he would prey on.

Can someone untangle this from a timeline? What are the sources? I think it's a mix of info from LE, old newspapers and the timeline by folieadeuxnola on here:

March
- TR is hired under name Curtis Kimball / Curtis Mayo Kimball by an electrical company in Los Alamitos, California. He works there until May 1985, when he was fired for stealing a band saw. He lives in Anaheim with a woman and children.
Investigators received information that Lisa may have a 2-3-year-old sister. In the company of Lisa and a 6-month-old girl (Witness; babysitter)
Possibly dating a woman that had 2 children.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth