Recovered/Located NC - Oliver Baker Jr., 65, went to walk his dog, Shelby, Cleveland County, 31 May 2019

Sorry, but where does a 65 year old man go with his dog and just disappear, with no trace of either the man or the dog?

Only one family member made a plea for his safety on FB. If you check out Reddit, you will find some verily interesting information. We can't post it here, so please don't ask for a link.

I am so stunned. I haven't seen any family posting, no FB group to get out the word, nothing, other than one person saying it was their child's uncle that was missing on a news page- the only family member, per se.

Do we know if they had more children than the son?

This man has been gone for awhile now with the dog!

Has there been any usage of his ATM? How could he survive along with the dog, with just the clothes on his back and a dog leash for the dog?

LE not pleading to the public for help? No search parties being planned?

Lately, it seems more people are disappearing with their dogs- some dogs come home, some don't, as well as a lot of boaters. It's strange how patterns start on here, all coincidental, of course.

The lack of urgency is totally baffling me. If this was my Dad, I'd be in front of every camera and would lead search parties myself- anything to find him!

Why the reported initial flurry of activity in looking for Mr Baker, then not long after, nothing?

Like others have said, no pleading from fam or even requests for info or sightings from LE. As we frequently say, I'll assume they're working behind the scenes and there'll soon be a resolution. Hoping Mr Baker's wife is improving daily from her surgery too.

It seems Mr Baker didn't plan on being gone long with all the personal items reportedly left behind and the door open? He's obviously not been found nearby, so where IS he? Did he disappear himself or did someone disappear HIM?

Something smells funny here...not sure what, but...

MOO IMHOO JMO

** LOCATED

A man who went missing almost two weeks ago has been found.
Oliver Baker walked into Ingles off of Fallston Road Wednesday night just before the store closed around 11 p.m. The 65-year-old man hadn’t been seen since May 31

Missing man found after walking into Ingles

Great news! So glad he is found, but I guess it's still a mystery as to what on earth happened to him!

** LOCATED

A man who went missing almost two weeks ago has been found.
Oliver Baker walked into Ingles off of Fallston Road Wednesday night just before the store closed around 11 p.m. The 65-year-old man hadn’t been seen since May 31

Missing man found after walking into Ingles
Oh man, I was typing out my post below yours when you posted this information, so I edited my post.

Great news, now, where has this man been and why?!?!?!?!

Rumors say the dog was actually returned to the home before he went missing. That was just the last time he was actually seen - walking the dog.

I’m very curious to know where he has been these last two weeks, but we’ll probably never know. The Ingles is not far from his house.

This is the county right beside me so hopefully updates will be in local news. Just completely odd all the way around but thankfully hes alive. I'll be honest, I did not expect that. I assumed some medical issue

This is the county right beside me so hopefully updates will be in local news. Just completely odd all the way around but thankfully hes alive. I'll be honest, I did not expect that. I assumed some medical issue
I didn't know what to think- between him being missing and the wife being unresponsive and needed to go on a ventilator, nothing fit. I didn't know if he was a victim or a suspect?

I didn't know what to think- between him being missing and the wife being unresponsive and needed to go on a ventilator, nothing fit. I didn't know if he was a victim or a suspect?
Wait- she was on a vent? I interpreted 'unresponsive' to mean too much pain med / possibly was in hospice.

So now my mind goes in a completely different direction.

Glad he was able to survive for two weeks and make it to the store.

The weather has been a mix of rain and high temps in the 90s - I think two days were 95 degrees. A lot of rain yesterday.

Wonder where he had been for two weeks?

Wonder if he was at home Thursday morning to be questioned or still at hospital?
So guessing he was in decent physical condition if he was at home?

Still a lot of questions.
Especially with his wife on a ventilator.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow
Back