NJ - Carolyn Byington, 26, killed inside her home, Plainsboro, 10 June 2019 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.

PastTense

Reaction score
"The Plainsboro Police Department and Middlesex County Prosecutor’s Office are investigating the killing of a 26-year-old woman inside of her home.

Authorities say that Carolyn Byington was found dead inside her home on Monday after Plainsboro police responded to a welfare check request made by the woman’s co-workers.

The prosecutor has not released many details about the death but has ruled it to be a homicide.

Byington lived at the Hunters Glen apartment complex off Plainsboro Road. Neighbors tell News 12 New Jersey that they saw her come home from work for lunch Monday afternoon. They say that they heard screams coming from her apartment around 1 p.m. It was unclear if anyone called the police."

Plainsboro police seek suspect in slaying of 26-year-old woman inside home
carolyn-byington-homicide-1.jpg

The medical examiner’s office has ruled the death a homicide, and police are investigating the case as such. However officials have not said anything about a cause of death or the circumstances of Byington’s death, including whether or not they are looking for suspects or people to question.

Woman, 26, Mysteriously Found Dead in Her New Jersey Home

This article says she worked in Princeton and lived alone in this apartment. However, Her "MyLife Bio" states she was married (at least at the time that info was gathered -not sure of date for bio info).

Woman, 26, Mysteriously Found Dead in Her New Jersey Home

My thoughts - either someone was in her apartment (robbery in progress unwanted visitor) when she came home for lunch, or someone entered while she was home at that time. Burglary seems off the list since neighbors noticed her arriving home for lunch so presume they would have noticed if her apartment was being invaded. IMO

Waiting to hear about any potential relationship issue on this one. JMO

Well, it sounds like neighbors never called police. One of the above articles said a co-worker called that evening for a wellness check.

So:

Neighbors saw her come home for lunch.
Neighbors heard screaming and arguing coming from her apartment.
It then is reasonable to assume neighbors saw the killer leave, if not even arrive, as notice would have been on her apartment imo, especially after hearing screaming.

Hopefully this will result in a quick arrest in that case.

Jmo.

So another, “hear something, do nothing?” They should start arresting witnesses that don’t report these things. Sad and disturbing. My thoughts turn to maintenance workers, someone she was meeting at her place for lunch-/bf/spouse. Since LE isn’t saying they’re looking for suspects, we don’t know. But “mysteriously” found dead doesn’t sound like they know who did this. MOO

So another, “hear something, do nothing?” They should start arresting witnesses that don’t report these things. Sad and disturbing. My thoughts turn to maintenance workers, someone she was meeting at her place for lunch-/bf/spouse. Since LE isn’t saying they’re looking for suspects, we don’t know. But “mysteriously” found dead doesn’t sound like they know who did this. MOO

Yes, if it is true no one called 911, which is not confirmed but appears that way based on the co-worker calling later, I fail to understand why neighbors or people in general do not report for instance, in this case, a woman heard screaming. They could have possibly saved her life. It is like bystanders who watch someone getting attacked and do nothing. They truly lack something imho.

Jmo.

A little more info here. Neighbors heard "faint" screams and furniture being moved in her apartment. Also seems as if she was mostly seen only coming and going from her home.
Neighbors heard screams coming from apartment of 26-year-old N.J. woman found dead hours later

"Byington’s neighbors told WABC-7 that they heard furniture moving around and “faint screams” coming from the apartment around 1 p.m. She was pronounced dead at around 7:30 p.m. the Middlesex County Prosecutor’s Office said."

"Byington, who grew up in the Basking Ridge section of Bernards, kept to herself and was rarely seen around the apartment complex except when she was going to and from work, WABC-7 reported. Neighbors who spoke to NJ Advance Media on Thursday described Byington as quiet."

Hmm. I read about her education and job history in the Heavy article but had no idea of the income. Not a single article hints at her being married either. Very successful considering her young age.

Interesting, thank you for the information. I need to look up the residence complex. Did her choice of living quarters match the income level I wonder? The one picture I saw the complex looked fairly modest/average. It was hard to tell though on what I saw.

Jmo.
This area of NJ is quite affluent. Very close to the prize town of Princeton. West Windsor - Plainfield is quite pricey as well.

Those apartments seem nice enough. I looked at photos too and there are lots of amenities as well. Course she could have chosen to stay in an apartment over owning her own home in order to save her money. JMO

This area of NJ is quite affluent. Very close to the prize town of Princeton. West Windsor - Plainfield is quite pricey as well.

Those apartments seem nice enough. I looked at photos too and there are lots of amenities as well. Course she could have chosen to stay in an apartment over owning her own home in order to save her money. JMO

Thank you. I just saw a shot from the outside of a balcony and the building. I had no idea of amenities nor any idea of the area.

Thank you. I just saw a shot from the outside of a balcony and the building. I had no idea of amenities nor any idea of the area.
I misquoted above. I meant to say Plainsboro, not Plainfield...West Windsor- Plainsboro are a combo town/township in Mercer County NJ (not Plainfield which is a bit north). Carolyn lived in Plainsboro and worked in Princeton. The area is extremely affluent. Here is census info on the area (labeled West Windsor, but mainly the same area (school district is West Windsor-Plainsboro).

"West Windsor is frequently ranked among the wealthiest and highest income municipalities in New Jersey. In 2008, Forbes listed West Windsor as the 15th most affluent neighborhood in the U.S.[28]NJ.com listed the township as the 9th wealthiest in the state in its January 2018 article "The 19 wealthiest towns in New Jersey, ranked"

I wonder if it was unusual that she came home during her lunch hour, or if she did so once or twice during the week.

Even though a quick trip, she MAY have had a guest at her place who summoned her back.

OTOH, it is possible that returning home during lunch hour, here & there, was common for her to do, but I lean towards it being a little unusual.

So young, her whole life in front of her. What a tragedy for her family and friends!

I wonder if it was unusual that she came home during her lunch hour, or if she did so once or twice during the week.

Even though a quick trip, she MAY have had a guest at her place who summoned her back.

OTOH, it is possible that returning home during lunch hour, here & there, was common for her to do, but I lean towards it being a little unusual.

So young, her whole life in front of her. What a tragedy for her family and friends!

Was it said how far it was from the workplace to home for lunch? I know in the Heavy article, not sure where they got it, it said she appeared to be living alone which I guess may mean there was no evidence of a guest or other person staying or living there most likely? Not sure.

It looks like about a 15 minute, 6 mile drive from workplace to her apartment:
Google Maps

Her job was at Engine US, Princeton branch at
902 Carnegie Center
Suite 220
Princeton, NJ 08540

Her apartment was at:
1109 Hunters Glen Dr, Plainsboro Township, NJ 08536

I think from her apartment to Princeton (don't know where in Princeton her office is) is under 10 miles.
It looks like about a 15 minute, 6 mile drive from workplace to her apartment:
Google Maps

Her job was at Engine US, Princeton branch at
902 Carnegie Center
Suite 220
Princeton, NJ 08540

Her apartment was at:
1109 Hunters Glen Dr, Plainsboro Township, NJ 08536

Thank you both for the info. Doable then to go home for lunch if one had at least an hour imo.

Was it said how far it was from the workplace to home for lunch? I know in the Heavy article, not sure where they got it, it said she appeared to be living alone which I guess may mean there was no evidence of a guest or other person staying or living there most likely? Not sure.
Google Maps

About a 14 minute drive. Definitely doable. I imagine it could be an occasional thing, for her to go home for lunch. Going out to eat with coworkers, eating lunch in one of Princeton's many restaurants is definitely another option she might choose to do.

Wonder if she had a pet, maybe a dog that needed walking or a cat perhaps that needed attention? Something that would cause her to go home during midday if not part of her normal routine. Neighbors only saw her going into the apartment and never saw anyone leave. Was someone staying there with her for a few days or so and was already inside? Many possibilities for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Autumn.Doe