NJ - Carolyn Byington, 26, killed inside her home, Plainsboro, 10 June 2019 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Google Maps

About a 14 minute drive. Definitely doable. I imagine it could be an occasional thing, for her to go home for lunch. Going out to eat with coworkers, eating lunch in one of Princeton's many restaurants is definitely another option she might choose to do.

Wonder if she had a pet, maybe a dog that needed walking or a cat perhaps that needed attention? Something that would cause her to go home during midday if not part of her normal routine. Neighbors only saw her going into the apartment and never saw anyone leave. Was someone staying there with her for a few days or so and was already inside? Many possibilities for sure.

I thought of the pet thing too. It could also be so simple as she left in a rush that morning and could not remember if she shut off a coffee pot, a burner, etc. and ran home to check. Or it was a routine. I used to go home at lunch and actually got a lot done when I did. Pay bills, move a load of laundry, maybe if you were heading out after work, and did not have time that morning, you go home to grab a change of clothes, etc. at lunch time. As you said, many possibilities.

The other side of the coin though could be that she was concerned about something. Could she have thought someone had been in her apartment previously and decided to run and check midday unexpectedly? Total speculation on my part, we know so little.

One last thought is if you have something scheduled, cable hook-up, wi-fi, an appliance repair person and you schedule it so you are there to let the person in...?

At least a few neighbors, per the articles, noticed she came home for lunch that day so maybe it was not typical...

We know little.

All speculation on my part, total speculation.

Jmo.

I thought of the pet thing too. It could also be so simple as she left in a rush that morning and could not remember if she shut off a coffee pot, a burner, etc. and ran home to check. Or it was a routine. I used to go home at lunch and actually got a lot done when I did. Pay bills, move a load of laundry, maybe if you were heading out after work, and did not have time that morning, you go home to grab a change of clothes, etc. at lunch time. As you said, many possibilities.

The other side of the coin though could be that she was concerned about something. Could she have thought someone had been in her apartment previously and decided to run and check midday unexpectedly? Total speculation on my part, we know so little.

One last thought is if you have something scheduled, cable hook-up, wi-fi, an appliance repair person and you schedule it so you are there to let the person in...?

At least a few neighbors, per the articles, noticed she came home for lunch that day so maybe it was not typical...

We know little.

All speculation on my part, total speculation.

Jmo.

Maybe she forgot to lock her apartment when she left. Someone got in and when she came home for lunch she walked in on them? Or, someone in the maintenance department at her apartment complex who has access?

Maybe she forgot to lock her apartment when she left. Someone got in and when she came home for lunch she walked in on them? Or, someone in the maintenance department at her apartment complex who has access?
Well, either the neighbors didn't notice another person there (coming or going), or the police are not reporting what they know about who the person was inside the apartment with her. I tend to believe LE has a lead and just are not saying much about it. JMO

The co-workers so quickly calling for a welfare check indicates to me that they have been aware of something more going on in her life.

How horrific, I can't image... RIP Carolyn
That makes some sense. Coworkers didn't call until evening though, according to this MSM report, after she had not returned to work. I can imagine they tried to reach her by phone too with no success. It could be just that. She didn't come back from lunch and no one could find out where the was. It could also be that they were aware of a situation that warranted her being checked on. All JMO

26-year-old woman found dead in New Jersey apartment

Authorities say Plainsboro police responded to Carolyn Byington's home after they were asked by her coworkers to do a wellness check at approximately 5:57 p.m. when she had not returned to work.

Responding officers found the victim deceased in her apartment. She was pronounced dead at 7:36 p.m.

That makes sense too. Today I forgot to lock my car in a motel parking lot. Got up to my room, had supper with me I had picked up, got comfortable (changed) and thought oh darn it. Got dressed, shoes back on, went down and locked the car. So forgetting to lock the apartment yes, I could see that and go home to double check or, as you say, if someone found it unlocked...

As far as maintenance, property management, etc., some have keys and it is not unheard of... If she was young and single and living on her own, well, some people's apartments are probably more attractive to certain types than others...

And then it could be what it often is too and someone she was seeing or had broken up with... Although we then have how did he make entry...

Just speculation and jmo.

That makes some sense. Coworkers didn't call until evening though, according to this MSM report, after she had not returned to work. I can imagine they tried to reach her by phone too with no success. It could be just that. She didn't come back from lunch and no one could find out where the was. It could also be that they were aware of a situation that warranted her being checked on. All JMO

26-year-old woman found dead in New Jersey apartment

Authorities say Plainsboro police responded to Carolyn Byington's home after they were asked by her coworkers to do a wellness check at approximately 5:57 p.m. when she had not returned to work.

Responding officers found the victim deceased in her apartment. She was pronounced dead at 7:36 p.m.

Yes, the first article I read today I was under the impression a coworker called early on like shortly after she returned from lunch and that made me feel like to jump to the conclusion something is wrong that fast, they must have known she had something to be concerned about going on in her life. But the later article showed it was after work hours in the evening a co-worker called.

I think because now that we know it was later that it could be either thing, someone knew she had something she was worried about in her life or it could just be she had been with the employer for some time, had been promoted, had never missed an entire afternoon without explanation unplanned and just disappeared after lunch and a co-worker knew it was not typical and called after leaving work herself/himself and getting home, I wonder if the person even stopped by and could not get an answer but saw her vehicle in the lot.

Jmo.

Her colleagues may have been concerned because she's got a health issue going on, or maybe she is pregnant. (MOO, not starting rumors, total speculation)

Also, she's a Sr. Project Manager according to her LinkedIn so while she probably made decent money, she was definitely not making $250K like her MyLife profile estimated.

https://www.linkedin.com/in/carolynbyington/

Yes, the first article I read today I was under the impression a coworker called early on like shortly after she returned from lunch and that made me feel like to jump to the conclusion something is wrong that fast, they must have known she had something to be concerned about going on in her life. But the later article showed it was after work hours in the evening a co-worker called.

I think because now that we know it was later that it could be either thing, someone knew she had something she was worried about in her life or it could just be she had been with the employer for some time, had been promoted, had never missed an entire afternoon without explanation unplanned and just disappeared after lunch and a co-worker knew it was not typical and called after leaving work herself/himself and getting home, I wonder if the person even stopped by and could not get an answer but saw her vehicle in the lot.

Jmo.

Yes. All good possibilities. There is much that we don't know, and that we won't be told.

Yes. All good possibilities. There is much that we don't know, and that we won't be told.

I agree. Which leaves nothing but speculation, all good possibilities but we could be 100 percent off too.

It looks as though she had her life on track, with regard to education, career wise and for so young, even more impressive. She would have likely gone far and already had more than some twice her age ever do. RIP Carolyn.

I agree. Which leaves nothing but speculation, all good possibilities but we could be 100 percent off too.

It looks as though she had her life on track, with regard to education, career wise and for so young, even more impressive. She would have likely gone far and already had more than some twice her age ever do. RIP Carolyn.
RBBM
She did indeed appear to be on track. In fact, she went to a fairly prestigious school district and high school in NJ, attended a private liberal arts college just over the Delaware River in PA, and then landed this job working in Princeton and living in Plainsboro. It's such a tragic end to a seemingly positive upbringing, education and career opportunity.

Never know what might be tucked away somewhere however. Somehow she crossed paths with a murderer. Very sad. Yes RIP Carolyn.

What an incredibly sad tragedy I just read about in the Post. Checked on here to see if anyone has any ideas what monster could have done this to her? Hard working, well accomplished girl. Hopefully her apartment complex has cameras. I'm leaning more towards thinking someone (an acquaintance/ex, a worker, neighbor, visitor) saw her come home-- she was probably only home for a short bit during lunch time and left her door unlocked--followed her in and attacked her. This might be more likely than the very remote chance she just happened to have stopped at home during a robbery -- though I do remember a recent case in the metro area where that is what happened. Very few details given by police. I'm very sad for her that nobody helped right away when they heard screaming.

What an incredibly sad tragedy I just read about in the Post. Checked on here to see if anyone has any ideas what monster could have done this to her? Hard working, well accomplished girl. Hopefully her apartment complex has cameras. I'm leaning more towards thinking someone (an acquaintance/ex, a worker, neighbor, visitor) saw her come home-- she was probably only home for a short bit during lunch time and left her door unlocked--followed her in and attacked her. This might be more likely than the very remote chance she just happened to have stopped at home during a robbery -- though I do remember a recent case in the metro area where that is what happened. Very few details given by police. I'm very sad for her that nobody helped right away when they heard screaming.

To my knowledge, there is almost no information on this one yet. I thought it would probably be a quick arrest, broad daylight, apartment complex with people noting her arriving home for lunch, screaming heard, etc. Cameras, as you mention. Maybe they do now and he is in interrogation as we speak. One can hope.

Yes, one can only hope for cameras or somebody saw someone. I can't fault the neighbors for calling 911 since it says they heard 'faint screams'. I think I would call the police right away but I'm sure they are feeling guilty enough -- probably a very safe area and nice apartment complex and never thought the worst. If there were sounds of furniture moving around then maybe she went home at lunch time and had invited over someone she knew or a worker to help her move around recently delivered furniture or something. Or maybe someone was already in there searching and moving things around -- I think a Maintenance worker -- while I lived in a large apt. building for 12 years Maint. workers and front desk could always access our apartments with their keys.. I never liked that. Just thinking aloud. Police are very quiet, which makes me think they know a lot more than they are saying (police were also very quiet in the CT missing woman case the first few days because they were eyeing the husband). Feel terribly sad for her and her family.

If I'm reading the reviews for the correct Hunters Glen apt. complex she lived in, they are pretty terrible. I'm doubting now they had security cameras. Yelp reviews do say you have zero privacy. Maintenance shows up at any hour and never checks with you. And walls are paper thin. Hopeful somebody home that day saw/heard enough to find this person.

If I'm reading the reviews for the correct Hunters Glen apt. complex she lived in, they are pretty terrible. I'm doubting now they had security cameras. Yelp reviews do say you have zero privacy. Maintenance shows up at any hour and never checks with you. And walls are paper thin. Hopeful somebody home that day saw/heard enough to find this person.
Unable to read all Yelp reviews, but I don’t see too much negative. Website sounds pretty positive and it is a pretty affluent area.
Pet-friendly Apartments in Plainsboro, NJ | Hunters Glen Apartment Homes

Also some reviews here:
https://www.apartmentratings.com/nj/plainsboro/hunters-glen-apartments_609799161108536/

Yes, one can only hope for cameras or somebody saw someone. I can't fault the neighbors for calling 911 since it says they heard 'faint screams'. I think I would call the police right away but I'm sure they are feeling guilty enough -- probably a very safe area and nice apartment complex and never thought the worst. If there were sounds of furniture moving around then maybe she went home at lunch time and had invited over someone she knew or a worker to help her move around recently delivered furniture or something. Or maybe someone was already in there searching and moving things around -- I think a Maintenance worker -- while I lived in a large apt. building for 12 years Maint. workers and front desk could always access our apartments with their keys.. I never liked that. Just thinking aloud. Police are very quiet, which makes me think they know a lot more than they are saying (police were also very quiet in the CT missing woman case the first few days because they were eyeing the husband). Feel terribly sad for her and her family.

Yes, one of the first articles I think above it sounded as if neighbors heard screams and arguing and that sounded harder to ignore or not call in. The later article says faint screams and what sounded like furniture being moved. What they could have been hearing though in my opinion rather than furniture was her being assaulted, hard to say.

I agree maintenance, property manager, etc. can often access apartments and it could certainly be something like that here. One article did mention two packages left for her outside and I thought of that, delivery person, but it just seems unlikely? I mean unless someone likes risk, an apartment complex midday seems a really risky place to assault a stranger, even in the apartment. That would lead me to someone well known to her or maybe someone inside the complex, who lives or works there?

LE is very quiet. I suspect or would think just the circumstances here have to point to someone, particularly if cameras. Yes, that CT case is something, I feel for the victim, her children and her family.

Little is known here about Carolyn except professionally, etc. Too young, very tragic for sure.

Sounds like no suspect, no motive identified yet.

N.J. Woman Goes on Lunch Break and Is Found Slain in Her Apartment Hours Later

The Middlesex County Prosecutor’s Office issued a statement this week about Carolyn Byington’s homicide, imploring the public for any information about the killing.

Detectives have yet to identify a motive in this case, and also have not released any specific information regarding the manner of death.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BabyGhoul