Deceased/Not Found IL - Yingying Zhang, 26, Urbana, 9 June 2017 #9 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
from the opening statements, the morning before the abduction: "at noon he responded to a text from his girlfriend, noting 'you dont do the anything casual thing, from breathing to fine dining, to...murder'"

WHAT???

Wow.
Sounds like he talked to the GF about doing a murder even before he did it. She may or may not have taken him seriously at the time.

Since LE are able to get phone and text records I have to wonder if this text was used to confront the GF and help convince her she needs to cooperate with LE against him.

Just want to re-post, for any who missed the link provided earlier (I think by Kitty), the opening day statements & testimony:

https://news.wttw.com/sites/default/files/article/file-attachments/JT CHRISTENSEN VOLUME 8A (Redacted).pdf
Verrry long… much of it we already knew, but so much more detail fleshed out, very worth reading if you can find the time.
Sure seems like Defense is totally relying on a ‘mental health’ defense approach, even though I thought that was taken off the table earlier???... but then you can hardly believe anything the Defense says about their intentions.
I’ll make another prediction: I don’t understand why the jury is NOT sequestered — it will probably only take one juror to fail to follow all the Judge’s initial orders to the letter for the Defense to again claim a mistrial (again, Shahid won’t fall for it, will put in a substitute juror if necessary, but I bet there are juror problems coming — this Defense team will stop at nothing to obstruct/delay the obvious outcome of this trial). Disgusting.

That transcript is one of the most disturbing things I've read. It's a rare glimpse into the psyche of one of these disturbed lunatics that we usually only get from the skilled FBI interviewers.

I just wish there was a better way to detect when people go wrong this way, and either do something to get them fixed, lock them up or exterminate them forever. These thought patterns are inconsistent and incompatible with the social fabric.

Many years ago, I was casually dating someone in the workplace. She casually revealed to me that a mutual coworker, who she had dated before equally as casually, harbored and involved himself in rape fantasies. Maybe it's just a harmless fantasy, or maybe it's the beginning (or a side path) in what Christensen displayed. How do we know? From the moment I heard that, I never looked at that coworker the same. I never trusted him after that, and I replayed a moral dilemma in my head over and over again, that if I ever saw him dating someone else in the workplace, that I would feel an obligation to warn her about what I had learned. I never had to exercise that dilemma. I no longer have contact with him, but if I ever see his name grace the pages of WS, it won't be a shock.

I barely slept last night with this case on my mind, well, not the entire case but YYs mum and the despicable conniving obnoxious comedy act of a Defense team. They must think that we, the jurors, the judge and prosecution team are half asleep, not listening too closely. Oh but we all are listening, we all know what you're up to before you get there now.

Judge Shadid has your card well marked.

Good morning. Got a coffee delivery this morning.! Happy about that and relieved too.
to work

FBI agents and University of Illinois police officers searched through garbage at Centennial Park, an isolated area near Olympian Road and Interstate 57 and at the Murdock Mine 30 miles south of Champaign.

They went there based on tips and pings from Christensen's phone, but repeatedly came up empty.

At Centennial Park, the garbage cans go 6 feet deep into the ground, so the FBI had the Champaign Park District use its equipment to lift them out, and Smith said he cut each of the 14 liners open with a knife but found nothing.

On June 8, he searched for "OxiClean and laundry."

FBI details efforts to find UI scholar after her disappearance

I'm wondering why he chose 30 gallon bags?
Whether further dismemberment happened?

He was a busy boy on the 8 June, all the extra shopping he had to do BEFORE he took YY. 30 gallon bags! Maybe he was thinking about cutting them open to spread over the floor? He failed at that judging by the amount of blood that was around.

He was a busy boy on the 8 June, all the extra shopping he had to do BEFORE he took YY. 30 gallon bags! Maybe he was thinking about cutting them open to spread over the floor? He failed at that judging by the amount of blood that was around.
bags were after, bage were on the Monday @altojack , which is weird

Sadly, BC is likely delighted to know we're following "his" trial.

(newbies, before the update we had a "barfing" emoji & I want that NOW)

D1FDC233-2B58-4FAC-B32D-E4BF96CDA58F.gif Save this one?

Or maybe this...
3392139709.gif

Attachments

• 528505A0-9431-429C-A18B-590621058B0B.gif
    528505A0-9431-429C-A18B-590621058B0B.gif
    162.7 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Revelations in the ongoing murder trial of 26-year-old Chinese visiting scholar Zhang Yingying have appalled Chinese society, with people expressing a strong desire for the death penalty to be applied and saying that any lenience shown to the alleged murderer will be a failure of the US law system

The topic "suspect in Zhang Yingying's murder bought liquid to unblock sinks" had been viewed more than 77 million times on Sina Weibo, China's Twitter-like platform as of press time

Many netizens were stunned by Christensen's indifference during the proceedings, saying that he is showing no remorse at all. "Maybe he confessed now just to seek leniency. Any legal leniency toward this kind of is a failure for the US law system," a Sina Weibo user said.

According to a 2017 report in the Yantai Daily, 31 Chinese students have been victims of serious crime overseas, mostly involving robbery, murder and sexual assault. Most cases occurred in the US
Chinese shocked by brutality in murder of Zhang Yingying, call for death penalty - Global Times

Shadid denied the motion, noting that he had previously ruled the claim could only be made during the penalty phase but the defense wanted to get it out there right away. (3/4
Prosecutor Miller said there is evidence -Brendts statements - but no other evidence. Prosecution wants to use alleged 13 murders to explain Christensen's state of mind (2/4)
Defense made another motion for mistrial that was denied. Argued that the redirect about the alleged 13 murders suggested the claim could be true when no evidence (1/4
Ben Zigterman on Twitter

here we go again/
Somebody should really count the tantrums!

DAY 3: Defense makes another verbal request for a mistrial on account of prosecution's claims BC killed 12 other people with no evidence. Judge denies. Defense is currently redacting transcripts for jury
Aaron Eades on Twitter
I’m so glad this judge is having none of their BS.

bags were after, bage were on the Monday @altojack , which is weird

Not *that* weird, if you consider that he may have used bags on hand in his apartment that weekend to wrap dismembered parts before putting them in the duffel bag to take out for disposal, and to throw out trash associated with the cleanup. Then Monday, he goes and buys bags to replace what he has used and gets some drano to run through the bathtub and sink drains in an attempt to further sanitize them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stoney12