Chase Merritt Charged W/Murder of Joseph, Summer, Gianni and Joe Jr McStay #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
From Patrick McStay.

Today I was shocked when the UPS man rang my doorbell and left a box for me. When I opened it was again shocked even more when I saw a BEAUTIFUL bouquet of beautiful Red Roses and arrangement. I was reminded at that point of all the things that we all went through on the internet and the people who all know who they are and what they did.

So I thought "what a wonderful person this is to sent me "Roses" to ease my troubles knowing a little kindness is so welcome at this time.

I'm going to share with you what the note said as it is so heartfelt and I thank Cabo for such a Kind and Generous Thoughts!

Note: To-Patrick McStay:: (I will use the WS name not the real name) La2Cabo::
Thank you so much for allowing for me to be on the journey w/you + for always being so graceful. I hope you can move forward and cherish the beautiful memories. Much love to you.

I Thank You La2Cabo for taking the ime and thinking of me at this time of need!

Patrick
I asked Roundhouseman to post this for me on WS.

Nice touch CaboWabo!

Imo, no matter what happened Keyes was going to find a way to kill himself once he was caught.

Sociopaths who are often narcissists like Merritt never care about how their children may be hurt by what they have done.

Merritt didn't give a flying flip about his children even before he made them children of a quadruple murderer.

Its heartbreaking actually how murderers like him will use their children as mere pawns to save their own worthless hide.

I'm glad he didn't put his children on the stand in the penalty phase even though he knew they would lie for him.

Sociopaths tend to see their children as mere ornaments, and see them as a mirror or extension of themselves, only there to put the sociopath in a better light for appearance sake.

Appearances are very important to one. Not what they truly are inside, but what they want others to think they are.

Having a wife/husband/partner or children helps them carry out their mask of deception by faking 'normalcy.'

They don't have any type of emotions or bonds normal parents deeply have for their children. They are simply there to make them look better.

That is why it never bothered him one bit if they became homeless or didn't have food to eat. It take ones with a conscience to really care about others. CM didn't nor does he care now

Imo, when he blasted to all ...who would listen.. how bad supposedly Summer was, and verbally critical of their two little sons he thought that is what normal people would do.

So he had to fake what he thought was normal in his sociopathic mind.....when in truth no normal minded true best friend would ever utter such hideous revolting things... especially under the trying circumstances surrounding the entire family vanishing into thin air.

What's even more disheartening is there were those who believed him at the time.

It does show how easily a sociopath can always seem to find a few who will believe their pathological lies no matter how odd their statements or lies may be.

Many SKs are sociopaths, and they were able to lie to all of their many victims, where they were able to lure their victims into going with them willingly at first.... rather than forcing them.

Its chilling how well many of them can deceive their targeted victims into believing them.

Jmhoo
There are a lot of good points in your post, especially in the characterization of a narcissistic sociopath.
But I have a different opinion of Merrit's criticism of Summer. I don't think he was mimicking what he thought a normal person would do.
I believe, in his arrogance, he felt truly justified in his criticism of her. Narcissists feel superior to others and therefore feel entitled to openly criticize others who they see as inferior to them. I think it just made him feel better to put her down.

I did not watch the whole trial or listen to his interview with LE, but I have noticed that he seems to give himself subtle compliments while managing to give subtle insults to others.

He probably has never been able to admit to any faults in his life, and will likely spend the rest of his life in prison claiming his innocence until the day he dies. Imo

There are a lot of good points in your post, especially in the characterization of a narcissistic sociopath.
But I have a different opinion of Merrit's criticism of Summer. I don't think he was mimicking what he thought a normal person would do.
I believe, in his arrogance, he felt truly justified in his criticism of her. Narcissists feel superior to others and therefore feel entitled to openly criticize others who they see as inferior to them. I think it just made him feel better to put her down.

I did not watch the whole trial or listen to his interview with LE, but I have noticed that he seems to give himself subtle compliments while managing to give subtle insults to others.

He probably has never been able to admit to any faults in his life, and will likely spend the rest of his life in prison claiming his innocence until the day he dies. Imo

Hi Betsy! :)

I do agree.. although sociopaths with narcissistic traits often do not know how to fake normalcy. Especially CM with his one on one interviews. There was no one else there to take his cues from. One on one are when the abnormal responses often comes forth. LE looks for these same odd statements when they conduct interviews.

That's why many times their statements come off kilter far from the norm.

For instances like if another good friend of Joey's had been interviewed their verbal responses would have been the total opposite because they wouldn't have to mimic normalcy or emotions.

I absolutely agree that CM will forever say he is innocent. As you say sociopaths never ever blame themselves. In their minds they are faultless.

When they resort to brutally murdering victims they always blame the victim. It's the standard whine sociopaths have of ' now look what YOU MADE me do.' I have no doubt he blames Summer for it all because he dang sure will never blame himself.

Sociopaths spend their lives honing their evil craft of always covering up what they truly are, and they hate it more than anything when anyone can see beyond the deception, and all of lies exposing them for all to see. He hated Summer, and that is even shown by the amount of unbelivable cruelty he inflicted on her specifically.

ITA! Sociopaths must put others down in order to build themselves up into something they are not, and never have been.

I do think sociopaths are the most dangerous animal on earth. Sadly we seem to be seeing more, and more of them in our society today than ever before.

Jmo

Has Susan been on TV or done any interviews since the trial? Someone bashing her and her hair on YouTube says she is making TV deals and paid for interviews? I haven't seen any and Richard tweeted family attorney said they declined media interviews.

He can write a book, however, my understanding is he cannot profit from the murders since he's the convicted killer. I'll do a little googling to see if this is accurate.

ETA: I did some research and found the answer to be clear as mud. There was a Son of Sam law that said the killer cannot profit, however, it appears the law was overturned. I think any profits have to be given to the victims, pay restitution and/or fines or be given to the victim's compensation board. In a nutshell I don't think Merritt can profit from the murders. If anyone else finds a different answer I would welcome the correction. The laws are very confusing, IMO. I think as a safeguard Joey and Summer's families should file a wrongful death suit and get a judgment to ensure that Merritt never, ever profits in any way.
Wouldn't stop his family members from writing a book for him and cashing in on it.

Imo, no matter what happened Keyes was going to find a way to kill himself once he was caught.

Sociopaths who are often narcissists like Merritt never care about how their children may be hurt by what they have done.

Merritt didn't give a flying flip about his children even before he made them children of a quadruple murderer.

Its heartbreaking actually how murderers like him will use their children as mere pawns to save their own worthless hide.

I'm glad he didn't put his children on the stand in the penalty phase even though he knew they would lie for him.

Sociopaths tend to see their children as mere ornaments, and see them as a mirror or extension of themselves, only there to put the sociopath in a better light for appearance sake.

Appearances are very important to one. Not what they truly are inside, but what they want others to think they are.

Having a wife/husband/partner or children helps them carry out their mask of deception by faking 'normalcy.'

They don't have any type of emotions or bonds normal parents deeply have for their children. They are simply there to make them look better.

That is why it never bothered him one bit if they became homeless or didn't have food to eat. It take ones with a conscience to really care about others. CM didn't nor does he care now

Imo, when he blasted to all ...who would listen.. how bad supposedly Summer was, and verbally critical of their two little sons he thought that is what normal people would do.

So he had to fake what he thought was normal in his sociopathic mind.....when in truth no normal minded true best friend would ever utter such hideous revolting things... especially under the trying circumstances surrounding the entire family vanishing into thin air.

What's even more disheartening is there were those who believed him at the time.

It does show how easily a sociopath can always seem to find a few who will believe their pathological lies no matter how odd their statements or lies may be.

Many SKs are sociopaths, and they were able to lie to all of their many victims, where they were able to lure their victims into going with them willingly at first.... rather than forcing them.

Its chilling how well many of them can deceive their targeted victims into believing them.

Jmhoo
It's uncanny to me how many people have attempted to point out that Merritt was a loving father and couldn't possibly beat the children to death. Merritt has more than demonstrated he didn't give two spits about his children. He related to detectives that he felt Joey and Gianni were spoiled rotten.

Keyes, BTK, Ridgeway, DeAngelo, Ed Edwards, all reportedly loving fathers.

Has Susan been on TV or done any interviews since the trial? Someone bashing her and her hair on YouTube says she is making TV deals and paid for interviews? I haven't seen any and Richard tweeted family attorney said they declined media interviews.
No she hasn't. They're waiting for this process to be over. Those people are vile, repugnant and loathsome bottom feeders of humanity.

From Patrick McStay.

Today I was shocked when the UPS man rang my doorbell and left a box for me. When I opened it was again shocked even more when I saw a BEAUTIFUL bouquet of beautiful Red Roses and arrangement. I was reminded at that point of all the things that we all went through on the internet and the people who all know who they are and what they did.

So I thought "what a wonderful person this is to sent me "Roses" to ease my troubles knowing a little kindness is so welcome at this time.

I'm going to share with you what the note said as it is so heartfelt and I thank Cabo for such a Kind and Generous Thoughts!

Note: To-Patrick McStay:: (I will use the WS name not the real name) La2Cabo::
Thank you so much for allowing for me to be on the journey w/you + for always being so graceful. I hope you can move forward and cherish the beautiful memories. Much love to you.

I Thank You La2Cabo for taking the ime and thinking of me at this time of need!

Patrick
I asked Roundhouseman to post this for me on WS.

I'm sorry, I haven't been following closely up until i heard the guilty verdict - was Patrick able to go to the trial? A youtuber I watch (Danelle Hallan) was raising funds to help him attend and I donated through her. Do hope he was able to witness the justice first hand.

I'm sorry, I haven't been following closely up until i heard the guilty verdict - was Patrick able to go to the trial? A youtuber I watch (Danelle Hallan) was raising funds to help him attend and I donated through her. Do hope he was able to witness the justice first hand.
He attended as much as he could, not sure if it was every day of it though. He was definitely at the trial when the verdict was read. :)

No she hasn't. They're waiting for this process to be over. Those people are vile, repugnant and loathsome bottom feeders of humanity.
I can't believe anyone would say anything negative about the family. They have been through one of the most horrific experiences that no person could ever fathom let alone live through.

Can you post a link please?

There is video of Susan walking out of the courthouse but she didn't speak.

Cathy Russon‏ @cathyrusson 32m32 minutes ago
Here's How Charles Merritt's Attorneys Plan on Persuading Jurors at Sentencing for McStay Murders https://lawandcrime.com/live-trials/live-trials-current/mcstay-family-murders/heres-how-charles-merritts-attorneys-plan-on-persuading-jurors-at-sentencing-for-mcstay-murders/ … via @lawcrimenews

D9DDsVgW4AAqiLC.jpg

One of the things that keeps haunting me is..IMO, CM got away with sexual assault/rape charges because Summer's remains were skeletonized along with her family, and her clothing was too degraded after over 3 years, and 7 months.

It seems such an injustice he could not be charged with every violent act he did imo.

I know the prosecutor can only bring charges on what they feel they can prove BARD.

They did have some circumstantial evidence that a sexual assault had happened, but I understand they felt it may not be enough.

Imo, There is really no logical reason for her bra to be cut in half or bleach stains found on her sweatpants other than a rape had occurred.

The evidence shows she was his main target for all he subjected her to, and made her endure.

But nothing would degrade, demean, and repluse Summer more than to be sexually assaulted by CM, and imo he knew it.

Imo, she couldn't stand to even be in the same room with CM, and he felt her great disdain, and total dislike for him.

He was in full control of all four, and I think he did many unspeakable violence we will never know about.

Not only do I firmly believe he savagely raped Summer, maybe even more than once, but I also feel he did it all right in front of Joey.

There is nothing CM wouldn't do to carry out his evil depravity on those he knew were helpless to stop any of it from happening.

It sickens me that he will carry with him all of his dark secrets of what really happened in their home to all of them... before he finally killed them all.

Those unknown facts makes him still feel he has control, and power.

Jmhoo

Last edited:
law & crime ... :)

bailed on the trial
continue to throw tantrums about the length of the trial at every opportunity, when they knew ahead of time how long it would run
don't know what evidence was presented but still run commentary on what was proved and what the jury will do
presumably get their updates from the DT's mouths
thought the case was over when Maline pointed out the exhaust on the Dodge truck was on the right ( :oops: )
didn't get the verdict recording live until the very last second and then cut short the video put up on youtube
pretended the sentencing phase would be live streamed until it wasn't
even referred to DK as the "missing defendant" in their commentary during verdict watch

I present them the most unprofessional outfit of the year award.

Law and crime are a Mickey Mouse Channel. With all the coverage this case initially got with CBS and E investigates and ID Disappeared, I cannot fathom how the trial did not get better coverage. I thought 48 hours would’ve at least done an episode. I want the world to know what a murdering Chase Merritt is!

Seriously? Horrid people. Wouldn't fault her if she did. She earned it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam