Found Deceased PA - Brenda Jacobs, 37, dismembered, Lycoming County, 29 Dec 2003 *Arrest in 2019*

Richrd

Ten Year Member
Reaction score
Last edited:
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Original

--
Estimated Year of Death2018-2019
Estimated PMI6 Months
HeightCannot Estimate
WeightCannot Estimate
Circumstances
TypeUnidentified Deceased
Date FoundMay 11, 2019
NamUs Case CreatedJune 14, 2019
ME/C QA Reviewed--
Location Found Map
General Location--Williamsport City, Pennsylvania
CountyLycoming County
GPS Coordinates--
Circumstances of RecoveryTwo human legs were found along the North shore of the Susquehanna near the Hepburn St Pump Station, Williamsport City, Lycoming County, Pennsylvania. The remains were cleanly cut near the knee joints. The cuts were expected to be made by a thin bladed hand-held saw.
Details of Recovery

Inventory of Remains--
Condition of RemainsNot recognizable - Partial remains with soft tissues
Physical Description
Hair ColorUnknown or Completely Bald
Head Hair Description--
Body Hair Description--
Facial Hair Description--
Left Eye ColorUnknown or Missing
Right Eye ColorUnknown or Missing
Eye Description--
Distinctive Physical Features
Item
Description
Finger and toe nails
toe nails painted pink

Clothing and Accessories
Item
Description
Clothing
White socks that were labeled ‘Polo Jeans’ with R.L. above a red white and blue flag. (believed to be Ralph Lauren)
On the Body

Human Remains Found Along Susquehanna River in Williamsport

WILLIAMSPORT, Pa. — The Lycoming County coroner is trying to identify human remains found along the Susquehanna River in Williamsport this weekend.

State police and forensic anthropology experts are helping to identify the deteriorated remains discovered Saturday morning by fishermen near Hepburn Street in Williamsport.

The coroner said it appears the remains had been there for several months.

I don’t think the remains are that dated if the toenails were still there. Maybe a month? Are there any domestic violence victims missing? Any boaters leaving at an unusual hour? Who has been missing recently?

I don't know why, but when I saw this I thought of the pile of sliced up clothes found in Fair Lawn, NJ: NJ - NJ - Fair Lawn, Mysterious pile of sliced-up women’s clothes found in woods, Mar 2019

The last speculation on that thread was that the Fair Lawn clothes could be from a woman missing from Hillsboro, Ohio: OH - OH - Lanessa Roosa, 21, arrested, left hospital, fell from motel ceiling, Hillsboro, 1 Jan 2019

Williamsport could be on the way from Hillsboro to Fair Lawn: Google Maps

Perhaps they dumped her remains along the way and then realized they still had her clothes and got rid of those last? IDK, just a random theory I had. I don't see any recent missing cases from Lycoming County.

Date Found May 11, 2019 along the North shore of the Susquehanna near the Hepburn St Pump Station, Williamsport City. I wonder who was missing from late March, early April north of here.

Wikipedia:
The Susquehanna River forms from two main branches: the "North Branch", which rises in Cooperstown, New York, and is regarded by federal mapmakers as the main branch or headwaters,[7] and the West Branch, which rises in western Pennsylvania and joins the main branch near Northumberland in central Pennsylvania.

The feet had socks on so maybe 4 weeks max since the nails fall off at 3 weeks.
Putrification:
  • 1–2 days: Pallor mortis, algor mortis, rigor mortis, and livor mortis are the first steps in the process of decomposition before the process of putrefaction.
  • 2–3 days: Discoloration appears on the skin of the abdomen. The abdomen begins to swell due to gas formation.
  • 3–4 days: The discoloration spreads and discolored veins become visible.
  • 5–6 days: The abdomen swells noticeably and the skin blisters.
  • 10–20 days: Black putrefaction occurs, which is when noxious odors are released from the body and the parts of the body undergo a black discoloration.
  • 2 weeks: The abdomen is bloated; internal gas pressure nears maximum capacity.
  • 3 weeks: Tissues have softened. Organs and cavities are bursting. The nails fall off.
  • 4 weeks: Soft tissues such as the internal organs begin to liquefy and the face becomes unrecognizable. Leads to skeletonization where the skin, muscles, tendons and ligaments degrade exposing the skeleton.

The toenails may have fallen off but been retained inside the sock though
That’s a good thought. The sock does look quite loose around the toes meaning the soft tissue has deteriorated away from bone. The sock elastic is still snug around the lower ankle. Maybe dated 6-8 weeks rather than 4?

Last edited:
I wonder how long the evaluation by ME will take. It's been 5 weeks. They should be able to estimate the height pretty early in the process. That would help with identifying this lady. I'm sure DNA will take longer.

upload_2019-6-15_11-36-8.png

Williamsport isn't a very big city with population around 28,000 people. Lycoming College and Penn Tech is there. South Williamsport is home of the Little League World Series. The sports scene has always been huge ( Mike Mussina and many others) and the area is known for its art scene with some amazing jewelers.

It is a beautiful area nestled between mountains with smaller towns surrounding and is only a hop, skip, and a jump from other bigger cities like Philly, Pittsburgh, and Harrisburg. There is a lot of influx from those cities especially Philly.
There are a lot of drug issues with increased violence that has increased over the years. There is a dedicated drug task force for the area.

There are a lot of river lots owned by families where a lot of time is spent there camping and cooking out. There are annual floats, "Float your fanny down the Susquehanny" Fanny Float returns to river on Saturday | News, Sports, Jobs - Williamsport Sun-Gazette

Muncy Women's State prison is close.

It is interesting that the legs were found together. That leads me to believe that they were placed or dumped there locally versus being dumped at a different location and floating a great distance downstream. Unless of course they were in a plastic bag.

MOO

I wonder how long the evaluation by ME will take. It's been 5 weeks. They should be able to estimate the height pretty early in the process. That would help with identifying this lady. I'm sure DNA will take longer.

View attachment 189007

I agree and I'm curious if they identified different sediment or debris that may pinpoint where the legs were initially placed in the river.

I also wonder if the rest of the body eventually surfaces locally there or was it placed in different areas to avoid identification?

MOO

I agree and I'm curious if they identified different sediment or debris that may pinpoint where the legs were initially placed in the river.

I also wonder if the rest of the body eventually surfaces locally there or was it placed in different areas to avoid identification?

MOO

I live within this general area and haven't seen or heard any local media reporting this story. I will keep my eyes and ears open. There is no way I would've missed this on the local news!

Here's the body they found in New York in 2018. Young African American woman, dismembered, only they found the torso, not legs. Like I said, I may be reaching, but it seems to follow a pattern. Any thoughts?

(Also, my apologies if this should be moved to a new thread since the last two I posted were identified. Just trying to see if there is a link between them and the unidentified above found in PA)

Family Identifies Dismembered Body in Brooklyn Park: ‘It Was My Chocolate’

Here's the body they found in New York in 2018. Young African American woman, dismembered, only they found the torso, not legs. Like I said, I may be reaching, but it seems to follow a pattern. Any thoughts?

(Also, my apologies if this should be moved to a new thread since the last two I posted were identified. Just trying to see if there is a link between them and the unidentified above found in PA)

Family Identifies Dismembered Body in Brooklyn Park: ‘It Was My Chocolate’

We have a thread for her as well (Identified): Identified! - NY - Female torso and body parts found, Brooklyn Park, 09 Apr 2018 - Brandy Odom

One of the last posts in that thread said they had a suspect in that case but the link is broken so I'm not sure who it was. I highly doubt these cases are all connected. MOO.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back