NJ - Carolyn Byington, 26, killed inside her home, Plainsboro, 10 June 2019 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
The perp wasn’t necessarily waiting for her in her house. He/she might have been in a car and went in with her when she entered.

The perp wasn’t necessarily waiting for her in her house. He/she might have been in a car and went in with her when she entered.
Maybe..but doesn't explain why the neighbors saw her coming home for lunch, yet saw no one else. Unless that info hasn't been released by LE. They are being rather tight-lipped about it all.

True although the most recent article sounds as though LE thinks the perp was already in the apartment and like said above, if true, neighbors saw her come home for lunch with no mention of anyone seen with her. Often though early news and media reports end up incorrect so it is certainly possible.

And also mylife is never accurate. I'm not sure where that site gets their info! It also lists me as married and I'm not.. and making an annual income of 499K -- I wish!!

Without a doubt inaccurate... Mine has me 7 years older than I am, Birth Month in December, Mine is May, Family Members/Associates all of which I don't know.. A car I haven't driven in 3 years. Oh wait my income is between $100 and $499,000 so they got one right!!

"The Plainsboro Police Department and Middlesex County Prosecutor’s Office are investigating the killing of a 26-year-old woman inside of her home.

Authorities say that Carolyn Byington was found dead inside her home on Monday after Plainsboro police responded to a welfare check request made by the woman’s co-workers.

The prosecutor has not released many details about the death but has ruled it to be a homicide.

Byington lived at the Hunters Glen apartment complex off Plainsboro Road. Neighbors tell News 12 New Jersey that they saw her come home from work for lunch Monday afternoon. They say that they heard screams coming from her apartment around 1 p.m. It was unclear if anyone called the police."

Plainsboro police seek suspect in slaying of 26-year-old woman inside home
carolyn-byington-homicide-1.jpg
Most often, the simplest explanation is the correct one. My theory is she went home to check on her sick pet (dog, cat, etc). This is the only reason I have ever gone home for lunch, and encountered a home invasion in progress upon entering her apartment. The man (a fair assumption) grabbed her and covered her mouth, hence the faint screams heard by neighbors. They struggled, hence the noise of furniture moving. She was most likely strangled.

Last edited:
Most often, the simplest explanation is the correct one. My theory is she went home to check on her sick pet (dog, cat, etc). This is the only reason I have ever gone home for lunch, and encountered a home invasion in progress upon entering her apartment. The man (a fair assumption) grabbed her and covered her mouth, hence the faint screams heard by neighbors. They struggled, hence the noise of furniture moving. She was most likely strangled.

Did she have a pet?

Her obituary/funeral arrangements have been posted:
Carolyn I. Byington Obituary, Plainsboro, New Jersey

Note nothing about her life. A couple messages so far.

Plainsboro
Carolyn I. Byington
26, died June 10, 2019.

Services 10:30am Friday [June 21] at St. Paul Lutheran Church, Raritan. Visitation 4-8pm Thursday [June 20] at Bruce C. VanArsdale Funeral Home, 111 N. Gaston Ave, Somerville.

Without a doubt inaccurate... Mine has me 7 years older than I am, Birth Month in December, Mine is May, Family Members/Associates all of which I don't know.. A car I haven't driven in 3 years. Oh wait my income is between $100 and $499,000 so they got one right!!

Lol. About as accurate as media sometimes. And don't most of these sites have where you can pay for more info and they don't even have the initial free info correct?

For the record, I make between $100 and $499,000 annually and my guess would be that is the vast majority of people... Including the victim here. I would almost bet most people on here match that income...

Jmo.

You know, to me, I thought of the same things and figured them very likely. A pet, thought she left a stove burner on, something, etc. It has now been said she did not typically go home at lunch. It has also been said now they think the person was already in the apartment. So going by the chance of it is an unlikely coincidence of her both going home and someone being there, at that one particular time she goes home, seems a bit more unlikely to me. When she never goes home at lunch and the one time she does, someone happens to be in her apartment, it seems more unlikely to be a robbery, home invasion, stranger and more likely she had a reason for going home and knowing someone was there?

It also makes me wonder about a neighbor noting she came home for lunch? Maybe because it was not typical they noticed it?

Just speculation on my part. We know so little.

since the neighbors say they saw her arrive (if the news is correct), they would have seen some one following her in.

I agree. The only other possibility if not in the apartment would seem to be if he waited for her in an interior hallway or something so a neighbor may not have seen that and ambushed her going in behind her on entry... LE seems to think the person was already in the apartment though...

I agree. The only other possibility if not in the apartment would seem to be if he waited for her in an interior hallway or something so a neighbor may not have seen that and ambushed her going in behind her on entry... LE seems to think the person was already in the apartment though...
If that were the case, she would have had to know the person or been expecting someone - a delivery or maintenance, an acquaintance. At least she would not be threatened by this person. I'd think a stranger lurking in the hallway before she entered her apartment might make her pause before entering. Would she scream there in the hallway if she felt threatened? JMO

If that were the case, she would have had to know the person or been expecting someone - a delivery or maintenance, an acquaintance. At least she would not be threatened by this person. I'd think a stranger lurking in the hallway before she entered her apartment might make her pause before entering. Would she scream there in the hallway if she felt threatened? JMO

True. I think it unlikely but possible. I am thinking more like come around a corner as she has her key in the lock. Of course, this would mean they knew she was coming home and would mean she was called for some reason. Again, unlikely I do admit.

In any event, I think she likely knew the person. If it is unlike her to go home for lunch and she did, coupling that with someone just happening to be in her apartment on the rare day she goes home, it seems doubtful both things are a coincidence.

It seems likely someone had a key or someone remained there when she left for work that day which to me is the most likely. They said no forced entry and I doubt her apartment was left open.

While it could be she went home for a delivery, a cable tech, etc. this would be a stranger and unlikely in broad daylight and very random.

My guess is someone was there and she knew it and left the person there happily or could not get the person to leave before she had to be at work that day and this is why she went home at lunch, to either see the person or perhaps even to be sure the person had left. Clearly she was heard screaming so whoever it was did not gain instant control over her. Initial accounts also mentioned arguing which sounds more personal.

Neighbors seeing no one come is explained by that and as far as someone leaving, leaving most apartment complexes is far easier than getting into the interior of a complex and then into an apartment.

Just speculation and jmo.

This article does not have many new details reports, but it says sources said killer was waiting in apartment. No forced entry. I wonder how they know that, as opposed to her letting someone in? And did she know someone's going to be there or not? Had she left someone in her apartment that morning and went home at lunch to see them? My guess is that LE has messages or enough of an exchange to have some idea of what happened. Strange how little information has been released - they don't seem to want/need the public's help in tracking down a suspect.

Killer was waiting at apartment for 26-year-old woman murdered on her lunch break, sources say

The woman found dead in her Plainsboro apartment Monday evening did not regularly go home for lunch.

But Carolyn Byington did midday Monday, drawn there for some reason, and was apparently attacked once she entered her apartment in the Hunters Glen complex, two sources familiar with the investigation told NJ Advance Media.

Police officers later found the lifeless 26-year-old with her personal belongings, and her apartment with no forced entry, the sources said.

~

The reason Byington went home is one theory being pursued by investigators from the Middlesex County Prosecutor’s Office, who on Friday said there would be no public statements.

The office has not reported any arrests or charges in the investigation, and no suspected motive.

The office has said very little since announcing her death Tuesday, only reporting it was a homicide, but not saying how exactly a medical examiner arrived at that ruling.

My guess is she had a boyfriend/sexual partner in her apartment over the weekend, maybe a late night Sunday date, and he slept over. He stayed at her place while she went to work and she went home at lunch to visit him.

Couple ideas (all speculation): he snooped around while she was at work and got upset about what he found. He texts her angrily, she goes home to smooth things over, and it goes south.

Second: the guy was not very well known to her; she went home at lunch to make sure he was gone or maybe meet him again because the date/overnight went well? And he murdered her for some reason?

These are my initial theories. I think almost certainly she went home to visit with whomever was in her apartment waiting for her.

IMO, MOO, etc etc etc.

My guess is she had a boyfriend/sexual partner in her apartment over the weekend, maybe a late night Sunday date, and he slept over. He stayed at her place while she went to work and she went home at lunch to visit him.

Couple ideas (all speculation): he snooped around while she was at work and got upset about what he found. He texts her angrily, she goes home to smooth things over, and it goes south.

Second: the guy was not very well known to her; she went home at lunch to make sure he was gone or maybe meet him again because the date/overnight went well? And he murdered her for some reason?

These are my initial theories. I think almost certainly she went home to visit with whomever was in her apartment waiting for her.

IMO, MOO, etc etc etc.

Pretty much identical to my top theories at the moment based on what we have.

I would add it could be an ex she reconnected with or who convinced her he had changed even and let's stay friends or give me one more chance. I as well thought of jealousy and finding something in her apartment, contact with another man looking at her computer, a gift with a note, etc.

I also think it could have been someone she wanted to leave and went home to ensure he had. This could also be some former sort of friend that was not really close to her but that she helped out and perhaps gave a place to stay for a day or two and then could not get to leave. Or someone she recently met.

If somewhat a recently met stranger, she may have went home because he was still there whether to see him or be sure he had left and found him doing something he should not be, like stealing some of her things.

However, that is based on the information we have lol, which is not much.

We may come to find out it is not even close when and if we find out more facts.

Right now though, they are the most likely scenarios I think and agree.

Jmo.

Pretty much identical to my top theories at the moment based on what we have.

I would add it could be an ex she reconnected with or who convinced her he had changed even and let's stay friends or give me one more chance. I as well thought of jealousy and finding something in her apartment, contact with another man looking at her computer, a gift with a note, etc.

I also think it could have been someone she wanted to leave and went home to ensure he had. This could also be some former sort of friend that was not really close to her but that she helped out and perhaps gave a place to stay for a day or two and then could not get to leave. Or someone she recently met.

If somewhat a recently met stranger, she may have went home because he was still there whether to see him or be sure he had left and found him doing something he should not be, like stealing some of her things.

However, that is based on the information we have lol, which is not much.

We may come to find out it is not even close when and if we find out more facts.

Right now though, they are the most likely scenarios I think and agree.

Jmo.

Yes, the reconnecting with an ex idea sparked another theory. Maybe a guy (an ex?) who still had access to her apartment texted her at work and told her he was in her apartment. Maybe refusing to leave. She runs home to deal with the situation. It goes south. Etc.

(IMO, MOO)

Yes, the reconnecting with an ex idea sparked another theory. Maybe a guy (an ex?) who still had access to her apartment texted her at work and told her he was in her apartment. Maybe refusing to leave. She runs home to deal with the situation. It goes south. Etc.

(IMO, MOO)

That is a thought too. She may not have even reconnected but he just showed up and called and taunted or something on that order until she came home to talk to him

In one article it sounded as if she lived alone and kept to herself but she was there I think a couple of years so hard to say.

I have yet to see a case where most initial media accounts are correct.

Imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member