Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #106

Status
Not open for further replies.
BOXER & CHARLOT123... Seems like we are the night owls. One thing has been bothering me (actually many things, but this "tidbit" from LE is perplexing.)
May 7, 2019 - Police are hoping for fresh tips about a car parked in the DCS lot. Riley said the man was able to get around quickly on the day the girls were killed, and seemed to know the area. ... (just providing a link for the basis of my question, you don't have to read the entire article)
https://www.wlfi.com/.../ISP-on-Delphi-killer-Somebody-may-have-already-interview...
Get around where? From the crime scene? (Physically able to run quickly?) Or get around the park? Get around the town (IE spotted on traffic/store cams shortly after)? "Getting around quickly" and "hiding in plain sight" are kind of diametrically opposed scenarios, right? Either he walked out in plain sight, or he escaped without being seen.

<modsnip: FSG is a witness, not an officially named POI>

Good night, that's all I've got.

Last edited by a moderator:
This may be a dumb question but I am going to ask anyhow because it does not leave my mind. I have wondered for some time, but have never asked, yet the question always remains with me so I am going to ask.

Is it usual for the state to be the lead and the lead press conference person, main media release person and interview person, etc.? Is there a reason it is not like the chief of the Delphi Police Department or the Sheriff of the county? I did not follow this case from the start although I was quite aware of it but did not follow it here and I honestly thought DC in the most recent PC near Easter was probably the police chief. I soon realized otherwise. I have read most of the threads here and there are many and am up to par on almost all and the facts and discussions, and there are many--yet I do not recall seeing anything that answered that.

I mean nothing by it at all and perhaps it is an Indiana thing. I know in many cases all agencies collaborate and help, yet the local department with jurisdiction is usually the PC person and one in the lead. Maybe Delphi or the county gave the lead to the state because they are small departments?

I compare it though to like the JC/JP case and while the state and the feds assisted and were involved, the sheriff always was the one that held the press conferences and took the lead to talk to his area people. Both towns are similar sized, about 3,000 isn't it? Both cases were/are nationally known.

I just wonder if it is typical or an Indiana thing or if there is another reason for it? Or is this just standard for that state? Doesn't local LE have jurisdiction first and that choice if they want it to keep in contact with their citizens and inform them?

Again, nothing meant by it, simply curious if it is the norm.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can answer this question that keeps bothering me :)

ilovechili, JMHO the investigative teams that are cooperating on this case just chose the ISP for the speaking/press release/front job.

Might have been recommended by the FBI?

With the mention of "betrayal," there may be a reason we learn later!

upload_2019-6-16_6-40-53.jpeg

This may be a difficult day for the Dads & Grandpas of these two roses....

This may be a dumb question but I am going to ask anyhow because it does not leave my mind. I have wondered for some time, but have never asked, yet the question always remains with me so I am going to ask.

Is it usual for the state to be the lead and the lead press conference person, main media release person and interview person, etc.? Is there a reason it is not like the chief of the Delphi Police Department or the Sheriff of the county? I did not follow this case from the start although I was quite aware of it but did not follow it here and I honestly thought DC in the most recent PC near Easter was probably the police chief. I soon realized otherwise. I have read most of the threads here and there are many and am up to par on almost all and the facts and discussions, and there are many--yet I do not recall seeing anything that answered that.

I mean nothing by it at all and perhaps it is an Indiana thing. I know in many cases all agencies collaborate and help, yet the local department with jurisdiction is usually the PC person and one in the lead. Maybe Delphi or the county gave the lead to the state because they are small departments?

I compare it though to like the JC/JP case and while the state and the feds assisted and were involved, the sheriff always was the one that held the press conferences and took the lead to talk to his area people. Both towns are similar sized, about 3,000 isn't it? Both cases were/are nationally known.

I just wonder if it is typical or an Indiana thing or if there is another reason for it? Or is this just standard for that state? Doesn't local LE have jurisdiction first and that choice if they want it to keep in contact with their citizens and inform them?

Thanks in advance to anyone who can answer this question that keeps bothering me :)

I don’t know if it’s typical, but this case is being investigated by a Multi-Agency Task Force. One of the lead investigators is Jerry Holeman of the ISP. The state would likely prosecute the case, unless a circumstance we are yet unaware of would take it to the federal level. The FBI was brought in almost immediately after the murders. The killer is on the FBI Most Wanted list.

*Edit to correct that Holeman is one of the lead investigators
Delphi homicide case manager graduates from FBI National Academy

Last edited:
Delphi murders: Unanswered questions 2 years after the slayings of Abby and Libby

There's a comment in this article apparently by Sgt Riley that seems to indicate they are still not sure if only one person is involved. I will copy pasta the section.

"Is there more than one killer?
In news conferences on the Delphi slayings, law-enforcement authorities have seemed to focus on searching for one, as-yet unknown man.

But Riley said that's not necessarily the case.

"There's still a possibility there may be more than one suspect," he said. "We have not narrowed it down to how many people have been involved in this."
" (end of quoted section)

Is this still the case or has it been clarified at all since this was stated earlier this year?

Delphi murders: Unanswered questions 2 years after the slayings of Abby and Libby

There's a comment in this article apparently by Sgt Riley that seems to indicate they are still not sure if only one person is involved. I will copy pasta the section.

In news conferences on the Delphi slayings, law-enforcement authorities have seemed to focus on searching for one, as-yet unknown man.

"There's still a possibility there may be more than one suspect," he said. "We have not narrowed it down to how many people have been involved in this."

Is this still the case or has it been clarified at all since this was stated earlier this year?
That statement does give one reason to wonder, doesn't it. Coupled with Supt. DC's statement during his interview with Wish about possibly being onto something early on, leaves me feeling precious time has been lost and likely evidence as well. Had they been going in the right direction to begin with, I'm guessing more evidence would have been collected through SW's from potential suspects.
My mind goes to the NB case, where GK was arrested for the murder, they know four others were present and are also sitting in jail awaiting DNA test results which may implicate them further in the actual murder. What if there was someone else at the bottom of the bridge waiting? A car on the lane way beneath the bridge for a quick exit?

From what I can tell they’ve been saying this all along. I heard something along the same lines in the Holeman interview approximately 6 months in and in the Renner interview with the sheriff which was mid 2018. More than one person involved makes sense actually.

From what I can tell they’ve been saying this all along. I heard something along the same lines in the Holeman interview approximately 6 months in and in the Renner interview with the sheriff which was mid 2018. More than one person involved makes sense actually.
So did the accomplice have the vehicle and come and pick him up from the road under the bridge is what I wonder?

@susiQ I see you mention that too.

So did the accomplice have the vehicle and come and pick him up from the road under the bridge is what I wonder?

@susiQ I see you mention that too.

I wonder that too. A couple of other scenarios I wonder about are:

Did an accomplice pick BG up at the cemetery?

Was an accomplice waiting at the crime scene? Maybe a scenario where BG was someone the girls knew and was sent to lure them.

EDIT: LE says that BG is the person responsible for the murders. It’s been repeatedly stated. The evidence LE has may only implicate BG, but LE knows others were involved. JMO

Last edited:
So having an accomplice changes a lot doesn't it? No wonder noone saw him or his wet muddy jeans. Straight to the back of the cemetery then gone or back across the creek to a car under the bridge then gone. I favour the cemetery because of footprints reportably followed to the scene and in my opinion, the searchers were gathered in the cemetery for "release" once the dogs were either not coming or finished with searching. AJMO.

There are no dumb questions. Especially if it keeps coming back to you. The tiny bits and pieces, the meticulous sorting out of thoughts - that is how the killer gets caught. I've been wondering about seasonal or contract workers. A worker who keeps coming back, but perhaps does not live right there all year round. That would be another reason to get the pics and word out. I only recently heard of this case. All of our conjecture could be just keeping our brains on fire, though, if they have someone, or a few someones on radar, just looking for that one tip. I am also thinking that Bridge Creep is possibly a member of this, and other crime sites, like Reddit, etc. so that he can follow whatever information is being shared. That is what I would do, if I was a Bridge Creep. It would be an easy way to follow the case.

So I was watching the video on loop over and over again, and was watching BG's feet. His right foot that is about to land as he steps is a sharp turn. Sharper than I remembered. It almost crosses his left leg. He's turning, quick, and he is coming for them.

THEN...I noticed something else.

Focus on BG's crotch. It could be nothing...just a shadow. But it looks like his pants are undone.

And his hands, believed to be in his pants pocket, are too high up to be in a pocket. They are holding his pants up by the waist.

And the brown "kill kit" or fanny pack, is the end of his shirt that has become untucked from his pants being undone.

Go hear for the video, on auto loop, and zoom to fill ur screen. Watch the video and tho he is pulling up his pants.

ISP: Delphi Homicide Investigation

Or check out this frame from the video. Look at it as tho he is pulling up his pants.

https://i.imgur.com/nFFPkmI.jpg

BG pulling up his pants also reminds me of Carter during the PC advising for people to look at BG's mannerisms. Someone who walks holding their pants up? Or someone who is constantly pulling up their pants?

I wonder that too. A couple of other scenarios I wonder about are:

Did an accomplice pick BG up at the cemetery?

Was an accomplice waiting at the crime scene? Maybe a scenario where BG was someone the girls knew and was sent to lure them.

EDIT: LE says that BG is the person responsible for the murders. It’s been repeatedly stated. The evidence LE has may only implicate BG, but LE knows others were involved. JMO
Your ETA is interesting. Have LE ever actually said BG killed the girls? I remember "just before a crime is about to occur" and he is the suspect and he is responsible and how he left them but can anyone remember them actually saying BG murdered them?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbi708