Found Safe NC - Amanda Jo Maske, 41, Marshville, *Vehicle Found Abandoned* 12 Jun 2019

Last edited:
Grrrr...more details please! When did she make this phone call and to whom? Was it confirmed that SHE made the call or just that a call was made from her phone?
waiting.gif
Frustrating for sure. Now we have two women with abandoned cars that foul play is not suspected. Yet Amanda appears to be missing of her own free will. Police are still investigating this- my hunch is that they may not be 100 percent convinced that was her calling?

Frustrating for sure. Now we have two women with abandoned cars that foul play is not suspected. Yet Amanda appears to be missing of her own free will. Police are still investigating this- my hunch is that they may not be 100 percent convinced that was her calling?
I think LE wants to confirm her well-being themselves. You know, like she's not being held hostage or something? Please, if you're able, call the police, Amanda! MOO

So it was not her that made the phone call. Someone pretending to be her... but they don't think something has happened to Amanda and that she is alive, safe and well??? Hmmmm. And, because she left her home on her own free will means that she could not have come across something nefarious along the way?

The Richmond Observer - Investigators: Missing Marshville woman thought to be still alive

...“Investigators have met with members of Maske's immediate family and confirmed that a recent telephone call placed by someone representing herself as Maske was in fact her,” Tony Underwood, public information officer for the Union County Sheriff’s Office, said in a Facebook post early Friday afternoon, between 12:30 and 1 p.m. ...

So it was not her that made the phone call. Someone pretending to be her... but they don't think something has happened to Amanda and that she is alive, safe and well??? Hmmmm. And, because she left her home on her own free will means that she could not have come across something nefarious along the way?

The Richmond Observer - Investigators: Missing Marshville woman thought to be still alive

...“Investigators have met with members of Maske's immediate family and confirmed that a recent telephone call placed by someone representing herself as Maske was in fact her,” Tony Underwood, public information officer for the Union County Sheriff’s Office, said in a Facebook post early Friday afternoon, between 12:30 and 1 p.m. ...
No. From what I understand the call came to the County Sheriff's Office claiming to her and asking that the Sheriff's Office tell her family that she is okay. And then the investigators played the recording for her family who confirmed that it was Amanda speaking.

So, law enforcement is operating as if it is her and trying to locate her so that they can confirm whether she is where she is of her own free will, not harmed, etc.

I expect that they are trying to track her down via cell phone records and other electronic records that would shed light on where she might be.

Makes me wonder if she was running away from someone or something that occurred that she was worried about?

Was there an anniversary of something that came up that made her emotional?

Post traumatic stress disorder?

Mental illness not diagnosed yet?

I was thinking maybe she voluntarily checked herself into a mental health facility. It has been reported that her vehicle was found by family members. If she went so far as to call the Sheriff to relay that she was okay, did she also tell the Sheriff where she had left her vehicle? If not, and her family had to search for it, then that leads me to believe that she may have gone into the water. I hate to say that. I don't think she met with foul play.

I was thinking maybe she voluntarily checked herself into a mental health facility. It has been reported that her vehicle was found by family members. If she went so far as to call the Sheriff to relay that she was okay, did she also tell the Sheriff where she had left her vehicle? If not, and her family had to search for it, then that leads me to believe that she may have gone into the water. I hate to say that. I don't think she met with foul play.
So many things could have happened here.

Self harm.
Mental illness symptoms that she didn't know how to handle or what was wrong
Did she hit her head recently and get a concussion?
Early onset dementia

Yet we also can't ignore that she could also be hiding from someone or something she doesn't want to face. I find it strange that if someone was going to harm themselves, that they would call the police to let them know she was ok, and to contact her family for her?

Once LE verifies her found safe it really is not anyones business and should be a private matter,jmo.
I really thought this was going to go bad with car left but hopefully it is her.
I agree, but who's to say that there wasn't a gun to her head when she called the police?

If they can confirm that she is alive and well, absolutely, give her privacy and leave her be.

It may be her voice on the phone call but that doesn't mean she made it of her own free will.

An attacker/kidnaper may have had the "bright idea" that having her call and say she's fine would prevent anyone from looking for her.

She contacted law enforcement more than 24 hours after her car had been located. Her car being located was in the initial news stories.

I do recommend going through the posts on a close friend of Amanda's that is posting about Amanda missing.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Megankd
Back