GUILTY AR - Former State Senator, Linda Collins-Smith, 57, found dead, June 2019 *ARREST*

Why would the suspect's BF/SO have power of attorney over the victim? Was he her lawyer?

I am guessing IMO either the suspect and her BF/SO were embezzling $ from the victim and the victim called them out, or the SO was having an affair with the victim and the suspect was PO'd. IMO

Why would the suspect's BF/SO have power of attorney over the victim? Was he her lawyer?

I am guessing IMO either the suspect and her BF/SO were embezzling $ from the victim and the victim called them out, or the SO was having an affair with the victim and the suspect was PO'd. IMO
Who knows? Maybe both. Seems LE had a judge seal documents so it may not be until tomorrow when RO is in court, if even then, that we learn more.

JMO

ETA Arrest Made In The Murder Of Former Arkansas State Senator Linda Collins

My wheels are spinning...Can’t wait to hear the evidence in this case. What led LE to question this couple within hours of Collins body being discovered? Evidence at the scene? Suspicion from the ex husband? Or...If the BF held power of attorney at some point was he also the person listed on a life insurance policy? Could the suspect have killed her friend knowing her BF would inherent a significant amount of money? MOO

Yes, love and money are probably the top two motives for murder.

I agree with others, it is most likely an embezzlement situation. The victim might have recently discovered something amiss, so she had to be taken care of. It’s mind boggling how a human being can do this to another, not to mention a close friend.

IMHO

None, other than that they were former elected state officials who were Republicans, who died with days of one another, 500 miles apart, due to gun violence.

That we know of, so far. I was thinking that there may have been a relationship we were unaware of. Maybe one of them had an angry spouse who took care of both. It looks like I may be somewhat in the right area on Linda's.

Oh yeah. Didn't realize she was more than a friend -- a former staffer. Embezzlement just went up to the top 3. People will take desperate measures to avoid going to jail.

Yes. We had a good friend murdered because she discovered embezzlement. It was like $80k (though 20 years ago). The things people will do to avoid prison, or public ridicule, or divorce, or loss of income... are endless.

Geez. First article says Collins and spouse received over $450k in a federal tax return? How is that possible?

Wealthy people get much bigger tax breaks than most average Americans realize. Many businesses (and the people who own them) actually get tax refunds that exceed what they owed or paid in taxes. It's kind of like welfare for rich people.

I wonder if Collins Smith and her husband had money stashed in illegal offshore accounts? Perhaps they were being blackmailed by the killer and she threatened to go to police?

The Golden Age of Rich People Not Paying Their Taxes

Last edited:
My wheels are spinning...Can’t wait to hear the evidence in this case. What led LE to question this couple within hours of Collins body being discovered? Evidence at the scene? Suspicion from the ex husband? Or...If the BF held power of attorney at some point was he also the person listed on a life insurance policy? Could the suspect have killed her friend knowing her BF would inherent a significant amount of money? MOO
That brings up an interesting question. Since you need notarized consent to purchase life insurance on an adult, does having a POA override that?

Wealthy people get much bigger tax breaks than most average Americans realize. Many businesses (and the people who own them) actually get tax refunds that exceed what they owed or paid in taxes. It's kind of like welfare for rich people.

I wonder if Collins Smith and her husband had money stashed in illegal offshore accounts? Perhaps they were being blackmailed by the killer and she threatened to go to police?

The Golden Age of Rich People Not Paying Their Taxes

The husband and wife own the Pocahontas Days Inn and Suites.

I’m still confused as to why anyone would have a POA over her finances. Strange.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back