GA GA - Shirley, 87, & Russell Dermond, 88, Putnam County, 2 May 2014 - #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • LOoks like SD grandad was a Preacher man........her father is ALan, her mother was a Bell, SD middle name
Name: Allen D Wilcox
Age in 1910: 9
Birth Year: abt 1901
Birthplace: Ohio
Home in 1910: Bloomfield Ward 1, Essex, New Jersey
Street: Franklin St
Race: White
Relation to Head of House: Son
Marital status: Single
Father's name: William T Wilcox
Father's Birthplace: Ohio
Mother's name: Julia T Wilcox
Mother's Birthplace: New York
Attended School: Yes
Neighbors:
Household Members:
Name
Julia T Wilcox 37
Allen D Wilcox 9
Cornelia R Beare 63

That’s pretty irresponsible to be boating without a depth finder. That’s just like driving on completely bald tires. It’s an accident waiting to happen.

Depth finders are $40 so no I’m sorry anyone that’s not capable of driving a boat on a lake probably can’t function in the real world on their own. What are you going to hit in the middle of the night? Nothing! You’ve got the lake to yourself in early May.

Now pulling a boat out of the water off a trailer or putting it in takes practice but I started driving boats at 11 years old.

So if I could at 11 years old make the trip from the Dermonds to the dam at night I’m pretty sure an adult that lives on their own can as well.

*Some* boats have depth-finders for sure, and fish-finders, etc. I've been around boats my entire lifetime, and have owned my own boat for years.. none of which have ever had a depth-finder. If I took my boat to a lake that had trees coming up out of it, I'd be massively concerned about my motor (I can't believe how expensive motors are!). Then to do it presumably at dusk or at night or before dawn, would almost BE like being literally blind on that lake.. unless you are very familiar with it. That is just my opinion though.

Attachments

• 7F1504C5-6B68-4841-82A8-DD5520EDE296.png
    7F1504C5-6B68-4841-82A8-DD5520EDE296.png
    309.8 KB · Views: 5
And just throwing this out there because. I dont know the elderly Dermonds habits BUT

say they didn't entertain at the lake anymore

Who would visit them thst knows the lake well

That’s pretty irresponsible to be boating without a depth finder. That’s just like driving on completely bald tires. It’s an accident waiting to happen.

Depth finders are $40 so no I’m sorry anyone that’s not capable of driving a boat on a lake probably can’t function in the real world on their own. What are you going to hit in the middle of the night? Nothing! You’ve got the lake to yourself in early May.

Now pulling a boat out of the water off a trailer or putting it in takes practice but I started driving boats at 11 years old.

So if I could at 11 years old make the trip from the Dermonds to the dam at night I’m pretty sure an adult that lives on their own can as well.

Open Records Act O.C.G.A. §50-18-70 et seq.
Exempt: Investigations; certain real estate documents; attorney-client privilege documents; and names of handgun carriers. Electronic records open.

SO that is why the public cannot help solve this case and even those in office havent solved this case

My husband had a stroke in Dec 2015 right before christmas, my table stayed set with christmas decor until the next christmas when we still could not return home

He was completely debilitated, couldnt walk, couldnt read, couldnt couldnt talk, couldnt use his right side

It took 2 years to regain a lot and still has not regained it all

We finally were able to move back into our 2 story home after 3 years then sold the Lake home.

We lived at the lake that was one level, permanent for a few years until we finally sold it after we begun getting broken into

We were living off and on at Lake Sinclair when this murder occurred and after the break ins I felt like a sitting duck with a handicapped husband, I carried a gun everywhere after that and have them to this day peppered all over the house

Those murders terrified me, I was 7 miles from the Dermonds home though separated by the dam, the head could be anywhere, WHO KNEW< WHO KNOWS TODAY......NO ONE

Vickie Stephens died not far from me and Im not sure to this day if it was simply an accidental drowning 2 days after SD was found

I looked at everyone around me as a suspect

I spoke with local cops who said the perps are gone and were from up north

BUT TODAY I look at the community, the LOCC and the Real Estate connections to the Dermonds area and life

I have vigorously studied statements made by the family , documents where I found a property lien of family to the Ds and more has been discovered

Yet I cannot solve this case nor anyone because we do not have all the facts and GA is closed records in investigations.......

Just thought I'd share

ANyone else at these lakes in Eatonton GA please share your story!

Open Records Act O.C.G.A. §50-18-70 et seq.
Exempt: Investigations; certain real estate documents; attorney-client privilege documents; and names of handgun carriers. Electronic records open.

SO that is why the public cannot help solve this case and even those in office havent solved this case

My husband had a stroke in Dec 2015 right before christmas, my table stayed set with christmas decor until the next christmas when we still could not return home

He was completely debilitated, couldnt walk, couldnt read, couldnt couldnt talk, couldnt use his right side

It took 2 years to regain a lot and still has not regained it all

We finally were able to move back into our 2 story home after 3 years then sold the Lake home.

We lived at the lake that was one level, permanent for a few years until we finally sold it after we begun getting broken into

We were living off and on at Lake Sinclair when this murder occurred and after the break ins I felt like a sitting duck with a handicapped husband, I carried a gun everywhere after that and have them to this day peppered all over the house

Those murders terrified me, I was 7 miles from the Dermonds home though separated by the dam, the head could be anywhere, WHO KNEW< WHO KNOWS TODAY......NO ONE

Vickie Stephens died not far from me and Im not sure to this day if it was simply an accidental drowning 2 days after SD was found

I looked at everyone around me as a suspect

I spoke with local cops who said the perps are gone and were from up north

BUT TODAY I look at the community, the LOCC and the Real Estate connections to the Dermonds area and life

I have vigorously studied statements made by the family , documents where I found a property lien of family to the Ds and more has been discovered

Yet I cannot solve this case nor anyone because we do not have all the facts and GA is closed records in investigations.......

Just thought I'd share

ANyone else at these lakes in Eatonton GA please share your story!

Prayers and hugs to you and your DH on this special day!

I have an old boat which is in great condition.. I don't need a new boat, nor a depth finder, because I don't use my boat enough. I'm sure I can't be the only person in the world like that? Doesn't make anyone irresponsible. (In any case, we are talking about the killers, who are definitely NOT responsible, regardless!) And anyone not capable of driving a boat on a lake, may only mean they aren't used to being around boats/driving a boat - this doesn't make them unable to function in life.

"What are you going to hit in the middle of the night? Nothing! You’ve got the lake to yourself in early May." - Let's not forget about those magical trees and forests in the water, which remain there in all seasons, whether or not the lake has activity?

My point was simply that I believe the killers most certainly *were* familiar with both boating *and* this particular lake, to have taken the risks they took - dead body, in the dark, in a lake full of trees to catch a motor up in. If one also has the lake to themselves at that time of year, then one might presume that boat would have stuck out to the residents along the lake? But yet, nothing was seen nor heard.

.... I spoke with local cops who said the perps are gone and were from up north ....
RSBM

Interesting that local LE told you the murderers were from up north. What leads them to this conclusion? They must mean NJ then? Which would presumably therefore mean they do think it was a disgruntled ex employee, or a 'mafia hit'? I wonder if their suspicions are the same now as they were back then?

Well if the Dermonds were in witness protection the feds wouldn't let SS know that because of the rest of the family. Them being on scene tells me this was interstate right from the beginning. The last podcast by Levi SS stated that he suspected 2 people who he suspects had something to do with the murders but they won't talk to him or the local police nor take a polygraph. Maybe the local cops are right about the people being from up north. SS quickly dismissing possible suspects from other cases tells me he is sure he knows who did this

Whether they were going by boat day or night, they may not be going full speed. They could have been trolling along so as not to hit anything and it might be quieter and not draw as much attention. Once your eyes get used to the darkness, you can start seeing things easier. Was the moon out that night?

Well if the Dermonds were in witness protection the feds wouldn't let SS know that because of the rest of the family. Them being on scene tells me this was interstate right from the beginning. The last podcast by Levi SS stated that he suspected 2 people who he suspects had something to do with the murders but they won't talk to him or the local police nor take a polygraph. Maybe the local cops are right about the people being from up north. SS quickly dismissing possible suspects from other cases tells me he is sure he knows who did this
Right on, I agree.......

and DG, this was in 2016 I think when I was told this...........we already saw that SS said in an article that even his Deputies or investigators didnt know to do some of the investigatie work SS has done himself.........I"ll post a link

So I dont put TOO much into what they said, but my point is that its not solved and even they are all over the board

Unless you are right Hockey and I do think more and more everyday that SS KNOWS, north is not far from GA either

No foreign DNA was found in the D's home?

What does that mean? Whose DNA did they find?

Some comment by SS was made that they used so much Fingerprint powder they changed the color of the interior LOL, something to that affect

AND NO FOREIGN fingerprints? NO other DNA???

That's telling

SO some speculate the octogenarian couple didnt have company nor entertain........well if I was 88 I dont guess I would either, life is getting slow at that point, be invited but they were both still very social in the community events they were involved in

However, WHO WOULD they entertain? WHo do we know WOULD go to their home to visit??

I think several of us do have it solved, SS just has to wait on that Phone call !! A statement I didnt earlier understand

I 100% support this decision. Please don’t let this case take over and detract from your life in the real world.

Too much meandering and unneeded distractions on here

Does anyone have something new to offer?

The facts are posted here for 5 years, seems redundant to keep reposting them

I'm taking a break on this to recollect my thoughts in a more positive direction

I think it was Brad in a recent article or one that was recently discovered from 2018, that his mother was an only child and so was RD, that has been verified thru Ancestry.com by me

So there is no family that would gain or no other females that would lie to the LE except decendents, one daughter, 1 maybe 2 daughter in laws and a few grandaughters

but I think DG found that SS actually did say DAUGHTER was more honest later

I find that interesting

Why would someone lie in the investigation?

This however was NOT carried out by teens IMO

You’re misquoting the sheriff. It wasn’t his deputies or investigators. It was investigators that he brought in from the outside to get fresh eyes on the case.

Right on, I agree.......

and DG, this was in 2016 I think when I was told this...........we already saw that SS said in an article that even his Deputies or investigators didnt know to do some of the investigatie work SS has done himself.........I"ll post a link

So I dont put TOO much into what they said, but my point is that its not solved and even they are all over the board

Unless you are right Hockey and I do think more and more everyday that SS KNOWS, north is not far from GA either

I 100% support this decision. Please don’t let this case take over and detract from your life in the real world.
So what was your answer to my previous question in regards to WHO MIGHT Be visiting the Dermonds since they were public hermits in your opinion?

Thanks

They were NOT very social. They were very private. Playing bridge once a week doesn’t make you social. SD didn’t leave the house other then bridge and church.

RD ran the errand for the couple. It’s not speculation that they weren’t social. That comes from SS.

No foreign DNA was found in the D's home?

What does that mean? Whose DNA did they find?

Some comment by SS was made that they used so much Fingerprint powder they changed the color of the interior LOL, something to that affect

AND NO FOREIGN fingerprints? NO other DNA???

That's telling

SO some speculate the octogenarian couple didnt have company nor entertain........well if I was 88 I dont guess I would either, life is getting slow at that point, be invited but they were both still very social in the community events they were involved in

However, WHO WOULD they entertain? WHo do we know WOULD go to their home to visit??

I think several of us do have it solved, SS just has to wait on that Phone call !! A statement I didnt earlier understand

Attachments

• 7F8380D2-40AF-4DE2-BB07-48FCA2BCF0E5.png
    7F8380D2-40AF-4DE2-BB07-48FCA2BCF0E5.png
    437.7 KB · Views: 5
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics