Silver Alert CT- Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 #8 *ARRESTS*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes. Which IMO took longer than it should have and he didn’t follow the respect/tradition of honoring his mother... (I am with those who would love to see FD mother’s death reinvestigated)

I think that the death of Fotis’ mom was no more than a very unfortunate accident. I’m very certain the young nanny who was driving the car was traumatized and beside herself over the horrible accident. My perception is that both FD and JD were very gracious and made the nanny feel better by emphasizing that granny was in declining health and was becoming more clumsy / unsteady due to her age- emphasizing a previous fall down stairs to assure the nanny that she was not at fault for the “manslaughter” and that they were viewing it as merely a VERY UNFORTUNATE , SAD ACCIDENT. I’m very certain that the nanny must be experiencing some post traumatic stress now as this whole “Jennifer missing” story has opened up old wounds. All imho.

It is my understanding from the quote that he said this to people while at JD's home on the 22nd. It was not concern after-the-fact that his DNA might be in the house, but a wilful intent not to leave DNA there prior to her disappearance. MOO

From the media thread:

Prosecutors also allege Fotis Dulos showed up at Jennifer Dulos' New Canaan home on Wednesday, May 22, two days before she vanished. He did not go inside, they said, and allegedly told people he didn't want to go inside because he was worried his DNA would be found inside the residence. The two have not been living together since Jennifer Dulos filed for divorce in 2017. Tests Find Man's DNA, CT Mom's Blood Mixed on Faucet: Court

Yeah, the implication was clearly that he said this two days before the murder.

That’s why it was such a bizarre thing to say.

People worry about that sort of thing after the fact, but that is not a normal statement just before a murder occurs.

Unless you’re already planning to kill your estranged wife.

I'm still at the kitchen sink.

IIRC, JD had two kitchen sinks: the main sink and then a second sink in what is perhaps called a butler's pantry (I wouldn't know....my 1920s home barely has closets let alone a second sink in the kitchen). Perhaps that second sink is closer to the garage and that is where Fotis washed up after the murder? And, perhaps it's a sink that isn't used often and the housekeeper wouldn't notice it.

Anyone have the photos of JD's rental house handy to check?

jmo

In the SW, LE state that Jennifer’s vehicle is a 2017 Chevrolet Suburban and then a couple pages later, they say it was a 2007 Chevrolet Suburban registered to Fotis.

Search warrant also says that on the 24th, Fotis leaves his home at 13:37 hours and travels to Farmington arriving around 15:38 hours. They state that was over four hours. That is only two hours.

When I see typos like that, I wonder how they can get an arrest warrant?
Don’t get me wrong, I believe he killed her. But their records are wrong or typed wrong and I don’t see how that stands up in court.

Does this bother anyone else? I haven’t read an arrest warrant before. Maybe this is common?
Maybe I'm missing something (?) but I don't see these errors in the warrant affidavit: As I read it, the 2007 Chevy Suburban was registered to Dulos and the cancelled license plates for it were found altered. The 2017 Chevy suburban seems to be a separate vehicle that was currently owned by JD. Also, I see the affidavit as saying FD's phone was away from the Farmington home for over 2 (not 4) hours:
"At 1337 hours, Dulos' device entered the property of 80 Mountain Spring Road which Property Records indicate is owned by the Fore Group Inc. the business owned and operated by Dulos. Dulos' device remained on the property until 1538 hours - a period of more than two hours - at which time the phone traveled back to his residence at 4 Jefferson Crossing, arriving 1617 hours." BBM.https://int.nyt.com/data/documenthe...rants/6d596144af51cba22c02/optimized/full.pdf

Quite likely. My stepdad was Serbian Orthodox and I grew up in the culture which is similar to Greek (their equivalent to name day is Slava - the family patron saint holiday). In one of her blogs JD discusses the kids’ connection to FDs Greek culture. JMO

There are such extremely strong traditions with both the Greek and Jewish heritages. My cousin is married to a Greek man and his family has never fully made her feel welcome because she is not Greek...his mother is the first woman in his life, not my cousin. He does not like the fact that she works and makes a lot of money. He believes a woman should be at home in the kitchen with the kids. I wonder if JD had to put all her Jewish traditions to the side, if any, in order to be with FD. He was born there and I'm sure was very "old school".

That is true. It is also admirable and selfless of parents to do that. I am just surprised if that is the case here given their history and even the events immediately before her murder which some have speculated might have been the tipping point for him. IICR it was about showing all of his finances. Maybe eventually we will learn the truth including the events of May 22nd. MOO

Regardless of what Jennifer and her children were celebrating on Wednesday eve and that her family & friends were there, I wouldn’t be a bit surprised if MT was fuming and flipped-out over FD being invited (if he were) and went to Jennifer’s house.

This event may have been the last straw for MT. Possibly she snapped, let FD know how angry she was, maybe made threats to leave him, they argued and maybe then the plans to harm JD were set in motion.

MOO

Investigators say that around 9:15 a.m. that day ( May 24, 2019) MT was bringing a purse back to a friend who had left it at the Jefferson Crossing home the night before. Police also know that Troconis visited another friend in Simsbury sometime between 10:30 and 11 that morning. The events of May 24, the last day Jennifer Farber Dulos was seen alive, are a key element of the investigation into her disappearance

Sometime between 4 and 5:30, the employee working in New Canaan returned the company’s black Ford Raptor to Dulos and took back his personal truck. The events of May 24, the last day Jennifer Farber Dulos was seen alive, are a key element of the investigation into her disappearance
I know it's totally possible to forget a purse at someone's house....but did this friend walk out of FD/MT's house with car keys in her hand - and not notice she was missing an entire purse? Was she drunk? Not impossible to forget a purse, of course, but it also seems that it conveniently gives MT an alibi. imo

Where is Simsbury in relation to NC?

jmo

I think that the death of Fotis’ mom was no more than a very unfortunate accident. I’m very certain the young nanny who was driving the car was traumatized and beside herself over the horrible accident. My perception is that both FD and JD were very gracious and made the nanny feel better by emphasizing that granny was in declining health and was becoming more clumsy / unsteady due to her age- emphasizing a previous fall down stairs to assure the nanny that she was not at fault for the “manslaughter” and that they were viewing it as merely a VERY UNFORTUNATE , SAD ACCIDENT. I’m very certain that the nanny must be experiencing some post traumatic stress now as this whole “Jennifer missing” story has opened up old wounds. All imho.

Yeah, you are probably right, except we all know this is more than a "Jennifer missing" story. I think we all suspect this is a "Jennifer murdered" story, and we all pretty much know by whom. With that in mind, I see every reason to take another look at any possibly suspicious deaths in his circle of family and friends, and she would be right at the top of that list, in my book. JMO

Last edited:
I'm still at the kitchen sink.

IIRC, JD had two kitchen sinks: the main sink and then a second sink in what is perhaps called a butler's pantry (I wouldn't know....my 1920s home barely has closets let alone a second sink in the kitchen). Perhaps that second sink is closer to the garage and that is where Fotis washed up after the murder? And, perhaps it's a sink that isn't used often and the housekeeper wouldn't notice it.

Anyone have the photos of JD's rental house handy to check?

jmo
Here ya go.

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/69-Welles-Ln-New-Canaan-CT-06840/57324591_zpid/

I wonder if JD had to put all her Jewish traditions to the side, if any, in order to be with FD. He was born there and I'm sure was very "old school".

From what I have read, JD very much participated in raising the children in Greek and Christian traditions, and very much muted her Jewish upbringing.

I think FD was more than just "old school". He was very manipulative and exerted tremendous narcissistic control over her.

If you are experienced with a narcissist you understand how an issue like heritage and religion can be used as one of their tools. I won't give him the excuse of being "old school." He was a grifter / fortune seeker who targeted her and preyed upon her for her family's money.

There are such extremely strong traditions with both the Greek and Jewish heritages. My cousin is married to a Greek man and his family has never fully made her feel welcome because she is not Greek...his mother is the first woman in his life, not my cousin. He does not like the fact that she works and makes a lot of money. He believes a woman should be at home in the kitchen with the kids. I wonder if JD had to put all her Jewish traditions to the side, if any, in order to be with FD. He was born there and I'm sure was very "old school".
That's so foolish. Talk about bias, geez. One of my friends came with her family from India when she was a little girl. They had 5 kids. The father sat them down and said, "You are in America now, you are going to act like an American, dress like an American and be an American." And they did, they are all now in their 50's and are as American as apple pie and they love our country. They are friends with people of all types, blond blue eyed, like us and brown brown eyed everyone.

It seems that if the Wednesday visit to the house was court ordered and supervised then there is a credible witness (the person assigned to supervise) as to whether he ever went into the house etc. or where exactly he went that day.
Exactly and that person heard him mention the DNA comment as well and this was 2 days prior to her disappearance - I believe it’s in the hearing MSM reports

I see two photos that look like the entrance from the garage into a slate-tiled back hallway that also has a door to the outside. No laundry or mudroom sink visible in those photos. (Photos 11 and 12) Although there could be a sink or powder room in that odd rectangular area with two doors next to the back yard door....

INTERESTINGLY - IS THAT A SECURITY SYSTEM PANEL ? In photo 12, I see a panel on the wall between the door to the garage (which has a deadbolt!) and the door to the basement. Underneath it is a white light switch so it's not for lights. It's either a thermostat panel or a security system panel. It looks a lot like my ADT security system panel. You wouldn't put a sprinkler control panel there or exterior lights there. I'm not sure why you would put the thermostat there, it makes much more sense to put a security system panel right there where you get into the house from the garage !

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/69-Welles-Ln-New-Canaan-CT-06840/57324591_zpid/?mmlb=g,11

If it's a security system panel, the security system will be able to detect when the secured doors (such as all the doors to the outside and the garage) were opened, which could give a much more precise time when someone was in the garage!!!

Last edited:
Maybe I'm missing something (?) but I don't see these errors in the warrant affidavit: As I read it, the 2007 Chevy Suburban was registered to Dulos and the cancelled license plates for it were found altered. The 2017 Chevy suburban seems to be a separate vehicle that was currently owned by JD. Also, I see the affidavit as saying FD's phone was away from the Farmington home for over 2 (not 4) hours:
"At 1337 hours, Dulos' device entered the property of 80 Mountain Spring Road which Property Records indicate is owned by the Fore Group Inc. the business owned and operated by Dulos. Dulos' device remained on the property until 1538 hours - a period of more than two hours - at which time the phone traveled back to his residence at 4 Jefferson Crossing, arriving 1617 hours." BBM.https://int.nyt.com/data/documenthe...rants/6d596144af51cba22c02/optimized/full.pdf
I agree there were no errors that I found in the warrant - it can be confusing if one doesn’t read the entire paragraph IMO
Eta confusing not consuming although that warrant did consume me for a bit

Last edited:
It is my understanding from the quote that he said this to people while at JD's home on the 22nd. It was not concern after-the-fact that his DNA might be in the house, but a wilful intent not to leave DNA there prior to her disappearance. MOO

From the media thread:

Prosecutors also allege Fotis Dulos showed up at Jennifer Dulos' New Canaan home on Wednesday, May 22, two days before she vanished. He did not go inside, they said, and allegedly told people he didn't want to go inside because he was worried his DNA would be found inside the residence. The two have not been living together since Jennifer Dulos filed for divorce in 2017. Tests Find Man's DNA, CT Mom's Blood Mixed on Faucet: Court
Thank you. I was going off what was said at the arraignment and thought the DA was saying his concern was expressed after-the-fact, not before. See 8:10ish on this CBS/NY video.
. That would be unusual indeed if he expressed concern before hand. JMO.

I know it's totally possible to forget a purse at someone's house....but did this friend walk out of FD/MT's house with car keys in her hand - and not notice she was missing an entire purse? Was she drunk? Not impossible to forget a purse, of course, but it also seems that it conveniently gives MT an alibi. imo

Where is Simsbury in relation to NC?

jmo
Simsbury is about 20-30 min north of Farmington. It’s even further away from New Canaan.

That's so foolish. Talk about bias, geez. One of my friends came with her family from India when she was a little girl. They had 5 kids. The father sat them down and said, "You are in America now, you are going to act like an American, dress like an American and be an American." And they did, they are all now in their 50's and are as American as apple pie and they love our country. They are friends with people of all types, blond blue eyed, like us and brown brown eyed everyone.

Couldn’t agree more!
My mother was an immigrant from Europe and she absolutely assimilated to customs in the US (without totally abandoning her European customs.) Namesday was HUGE in her country and she loved having her namesday celebrated before she became a US citizen. I grew up NEVER EVER celebrating names day. I don’t think for a second that Fotis follows Greek customs like celebrating names day.This simply isn’t done in the US (except maybe by a very very tiny and rare minority) It’s not a thing here.

Thanks!

Picture #6, to the left of the ginormous fridge - looks like a little side pantry/butler area that could have a sink. You can see cabinets with glass doors and a counter under them. Not conclusive, I know, but it's possible he washed there and the housekeeper didn't notice. And, like I suggested upthread, it's also possible that the housekeeper's tasks that day didn't include going into the kitchen at all. We don't know.

jmo

My mom was in a similar situation. She wasn’t Serb so she never measured up to his family.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23