Silver Alert CT- Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 #8 *ARRESTS*

Status
Not open for further replies.
MT was only done with her errands at around 11pm. I doubt FD would take JD's car anywhere else and risk being seen. His own employee would have seen him at his NC property.

Right-and if the employee knew FD’d be at the New Canaan spec house, they wouldn’t have necessarily had to swap trucks later in Farmington; the employee might have wanted to do so in NC, if he thought they’d both be there.

Great point! JD’s home is 7800 sq feet. I’m assuming the laundry room could be the size of a small apartment and would adequately hold everything needed to clean that large home. I can’t find any pictures of the laundry room online, but there is a picture on Zillow of a large mud room with a door to the outside I would guess the laundry is similar in size?View attachment 189107

I work for a family that has a cleaning woman/housekeeper...she could go for weeks without needing to go into the garage.

With a house that size and with six people living in it, I'm guessing that the housekeeper did different tasks depending on the day of the week. You couldn't clean the whole house in one day, imo (well, I couldn't....how would I keep up with WS?!).

Maybe the housekeeper did living rooms/bedrooms on Fridays. Or bathrooms. Or laundry. Or vacuuming the house. We don't know that she even entered the kitchen.

jmopinion

My father’s cleaning women only do certain parts of his house; and in the kitchen, all they do is sweep and mop the floor

Re: Sinks
https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/69-Welles-Ln-New-Canaan-CT-06840/57324591_zpid/?mmlb=g,10

This is the downstairs between the garage, door to the backyard, and stairs to the upstairs and down to the ? basement? The wall opposite the garage has a billion cubby holes, sort of too much. There is the small rectangular room with two doors. One is likely a coat /boot closet, and the other could be a powder room with a SINK. If you were in the garage trying to clean up a bloody mess, wouldn't you stay downstairs there and used that sink rather than go all the way up those stairs into the kitchen? Or is there also a powder room sink in the basement area? ( listed as 5.5 baths)

And that's an area the housekeeper likely didn't enter on Friday, IMHO.

I also believe the housekeeper cleaned the kitchen. In a house with 5 children between 6 and 13, the kitchen is always going to need cleaning. JD's is very open and very much prominent in the house so having the housekeeper clean the kitchen / pantry / bathrooms would be huge priority for me !
Not seeing the same thing you are seeing. Garage was ground level as is the first floor. In looking at the pics I think there maybe a second back staircase, common in older historic homes with servants and replicated in the newer high end homes.MOO.

Perpetrator went to kitchen because needed many cleaning supplies (sponges etc) that were stored there. Blood was unplanned. Supposed to be a clean crime with Waveny Park as the false abduction location. All went awry and had to go to kitchen. JMO.

Believe prosecutor was only saying that FD expressed concern about DNA/hair transfer from himself to children to inside the home after-the-fact and that NBC mis-interpreted the implication of what the prosecutor said about this during the hearing. I know others disagree about this and fully recognize that I could be wrong, but this is what I think. JMO.

I don’t think there’s anywhere on Earth I would have felt safe from his crazy self. Maybe she had that planned, but just hadn’t gotten around to it. Perhaps, like you said: she just had a false sense of security there. The poor woman must have lived in fear of him, if nothing else, at least subconsciously.
jmo

From the realtor listing photos, I believe there is a security system in the house. I think the control panel is pictured in this photos between the garage and the "mudroom".
https://photos.zillowstatic.com/p_f/ISmy8wsbu2mqqj1000000000.jpg

So that would have been installed before she rented the home. But I don't detect any cameras in photos, so it was possibly only doors/windows/smoke alarms.

Perhaps she only set it at night. It might be cumbersome to use during the day if you are coming and going. Perhaps FD knew the access code (maybe he asked one of the older children for it "in case there was ever a fire"). I can imagine him getting this information from his children with the full intent to cause their mother deadly harm.

Anyway, the security company probably has some records that will tell when the garage door was opened which would help pinpoint the timeframe he was there.

Correct. From today’s Courant article.

Nor did she notice a piece of evidence revealed by the state — blood on a kitchen faucet. Stamford/Norwalk State’s Attorney Richard Colangelo said in court last week that Fotis Dulos’ DNA “was found in a mixture on the faucet inside of Jennifer’s kitchen, in the house where she went missing.”

“So,” Colangelo continued, “the mixture, defendant’s DNA, Jennifer’s blood, on the faucet in the kitchen.”
Thanks (again). So....he didn't use the a bathroom (that we are aware of), but the kitchen sink. My hunch he used the side sink, but who knows - could've used the main sink in the kitchen island.

Since he was in the house, I would assume blood is on the floor too, from his shoes? Perhaps not a lot of blood, but enough for LE trained eyes to notice. I hope the place is FULL of evidence against him and the delay in the charges is simply because they want the body....but eventually even without the body, they will charge him. (Doing so on Father's Day would be fine with me, fwiw.)

jmo

Not seeing the same thing you are seeing. Garage was ground level as is the first floor. In looking at the pics I think there maybe a second back staircase, common in older historic homes with servants and replicated in the newer high end homes.MOO.

I know it looks like the garage is at the same level of the kitchen / first floor but this area is clearly downstairs from something and the photo of the kitchen shows a back stairway arising to it and then heading up to a second floor.

Photo of kitchen/ main floor with back stairs seen to the right. This would imply the garage is under the large family room where the fireplace is, across from the kitchen island.

https://ap.rdcpix.com/336717672/5bc817d6e0904ac11c04cae9fd8e082al-m5xd-w1020_h770_q80.jpg

Photo ofthe downstairs mudroom area. I believe the large door is into the garage. and there are 2 exits from this area

1. Stairway to main floor with kitchen / dining room, etc ( back stairway as seen from the photo above)

2. Door to the back yard

The door under the stairs could be a simple storage closet.

Last edited:
You can see the layout of the stairs from the garage to the kitchen and pantry. The pantry sink could be considered a kitchen sink. It is only marginally less convenient but if you are in a frenzy trying to clean up a large amount of blood before you are detected I'm not sure you'd go there.

https://ap.rdcpix.com/336717672/5bc817d6e0904ac11c04cae9fd8e082al-m5xd-w1020_h770_q80.jpg
I think there is likely a more convenient sink downstairs near the garage door where I think there is a powder room, just beside the door to the outside.

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/69-Welles-Ln-New-Canaan-CT-06840/57324591_zpid/?mmlb=g,11

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/69-Welles-Ln-New-Canaan-CT-06840/57324591_zpid/?mmlb=g,10

(Although this a large beautiful house, having to haul yourself, 5 kids, groceries, and everything else up a flight of stairs to get into the house would make this house a NO for me!)
I’m just not seeing a flight of stairs from the garage going into the main living area of the house, including the kitchen, living, dining, family rooms, kitchen eating area, etc.

I do see 2 flights of stairs. However, I think they both go up to bedrooms level from main level. One flight is off the front door/foyer area and the other is off the mud room/back door area.

If there is a basement, the stairs are behind a closed door.

But garage is on same level as living level, not on same as a basement.

MOO

Perpetrator went to kitchen because needed many cleaning supplies (sponges etc) that were stored there. Blood was unplanned. Supposed to be a clean crime with Waveny Park as the false abduction location. All went awry and had to go to kitchen. JMO.

Believe prosecutor was only saying that FD expressed concern about DNA/hair transfer from himself to children to inside the home after-the-fact and that NBC mis-interpreted the implication of what the prosecutor said about this during the hearing. I know others disagree about this and fully recognize that I could be wrong, but this is what I think. JMO.
Good point about the sponges. It wasn't his house, but of course the kitchen would be a place to look for cleaning supplies, and perhaps that side pantry was where cleaning supplies might be stored. (I know, I'm hooked at that side pantry, lol.) He might have taken towels from the kitchen too (as opposed to bath towels?).

I do think he would've been concerned about the mess, speed, and keeping out of the house as much as possible.

jmo

I think she was involved in the planning but was not there in order to have plausible deniability and possibly an alibi.
That was my thinking initially, but now I’m not so sure.

If she did in fact pass a polygraph, then perhaps her involvement isn’t as extreme as we previously believed.

I’m keeping an open mind here. We need more evidence.

There are such extremely strong traditions with both the Greek and Jewish heritages. My cousin is married to a Greek man and his family has never fully made her feel welcome because she is not Greek...his mother is the first woman in his life, not my cousin. He does not like the fact that she works and makes a lot of money. He believes a woman should be at home in the kitchen with the kids. I wonder if JD had to put all her Jewish traditions to the side, if any, in order to be with FD. He was born there and I'm sure was very "old school".
As an aside about cultural traditions celebrated by the Dulos family, although FD was raised in Greece (and his sister still lives there), he is supposedly from Turkey / was born Turkish, so I have to wonder if all the Greek emphasis from FD in his own family was part of his con / remaking himself and his American family as sooo Greek, when he really isn't Greek by birth or nationality. JMO
Fotis Dulos: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com

I know it looks like the garage is at the same level of the kitchen / first floor but this area is clearly downstairs from something and the photo of the kitchen shows a back stairway arising to it and then heading up to a second floor.

Photo of kitchen/ main floor with back stairs seen to the right. This would imply the garage is under the large family room where the fireplace is, across from the kitchen island.

Photo ofthe downstairs mudroom area. I believe the large door is into the garage. and there are 2 exits from this area

1. Stairway to main floor with kitchen / dining room, etc ( back stairway as seen from the photo above)

2. Door to the back yard

The door under the stairs could be a simple storage closet.
I disagree. Pay attention to the windows above the landing in the pic you posted. Then look at the front of the house. Those windows are on the second floor. MOO.

As an aside about cultural traditions celebrated by the Dulos family, although FD was raised in Greece (and his sister still lives there), he is supposedly from Turkey / was born Turkish, so I have to wonder if all the Greek emphasis from FD in his own family was part of his con / remaking himself and his American family as sooo Greek, when he really isn't Greek by birth or nationality. JMO
I thought his family was Greek but were living in Turkey at the time of his birth. They then returned to Greece.

jmo

Also, if MT was at a friend's place at 9:15, she wouldn't be able to confirm that FD was really with his attorney until 9AM at the Farmington home (as his defense attorney claims).

Could the attorney (I think he is an ex attorney) have stated that they were together until 9?

Has anyone said yet at what time the trucks were swapped that day?

His name is Greek though. First name is very Greek and his last name is found in Greece but not Turkey.

Where he was born doesn't determine his ethnic heritage.

It appears his family simply lived in Turkey for a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member