Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #106

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the main issue with us sleuthers - is that we're normal, lol - okay, normal enough, right?
So it's hard to get into their minds...like with this guy: the 'hey guys' & casual salutation etc. just gets me - doesn't make sense to me....but then: I'm not a serial killer
Just like with the Closs case: boy: talk about random!! How does someone see a gal at bus stop & be like 'yep: taking her, no matter the cost' & in cold blood murders her parents...?
Point is: maybe we get too caught up in stuff like that: this guy is NOT NORMAL...so he doesn't act normal.
If he's a psychopath: he knows how he SHOULD act & can play along...but when it's 'his turf' - oh no: it all comes out.....
scary

Makes even more sense: something planned or serial killer to learn this was a hang-out spot for young teens
This guy just doesn't look young to me....plus I see a mustache, & seems like his headgear is one of those 'hunting hats' that have flaps that go over the ears....?
Still find so utterly odd his casual salutation: 'hey guys'....also that he would say anything to them before he is right there with them: more likely they will bolt - understand what's happening: the element of surprise will be less.....(some one somewhere said it was possible an accomplice was already with Abby & Libby...why she managed to record & the suspect's casual 'hey guys')
There's a reason she began filming - even though he wasn't that close......yeah, could be gut instinct....I got the impression is was as if they were waiting for him to cross the bridge before they then turned around to go back themselves....
Why was he so confident? Why did he just figure these two gals - teens - & from what we know athletic- would just buckle & do what he wanted (even before he showed a possible weapon like a gun?).....
Maybe the 'hey guys' is indeed as I have speculated: there's been encounters with him before...this time they were recording him: but just figuring be nothing: just some weirdo creep pervert like before....hmmm
JMO

Is it "hey guys" or "guys"? I think it is "guys". Not one to nitpick and rarely comment here but just want it to stay accurate. For one or two short words, the take on it can give an entirely different connotation. To me," hey guys" is friendlier, "guys" is more authoritative or as someone said the other day, perhaps condescending.

Or do I have it wrong?

Is it "hey guys" or "guys"? I think it is "guys". Not one to nitpick and rarely comment here but just want it to stay accurate. For one or two short words, the take on it can give an entirely different connotation. To me," hey guys" is friendlier, "guys" is more authoritative or as someone said the other day, perhaps condescending.

Or do I have it wrong?
You’re right. It’s “guys...down the hill” and we don’t know the sequence or if anything was said between them.

BBM:

Strongly agree with both of these posts.

I've always thought if they could clean up the audio, it would be more helpful in terms of identifying BG than the video.

In the video, BG was walking on an uneven, elevated surface, having to weave to avoid large holes/gaps.
While carrying what appears to be the contents of his kill kit stuffed up inside his coat.
With adrenaline no doubt coursing through his veins.
His gait, stride, pace and balance would have all been affected, i.e., altered, up on that bridge.

BG ain't walking like he normally does in that video.

For that reason, I was concerned when LE asked the public to focus on BG's mannerisms in the video.
I don't think those are his typical mannerisms.
That isn't how he usually carries himself.

A person who otherwise might suspect BG, may disregard him watching that video by telling themselves,
"That isn't how ____ walks. He doesn't bury his chin like that. He doesn't have that stutter step, etc."

In the audio, though, BG's voice does sound calm and measured, at least to my ears.
I believe that's BG's normal, everyday voice we're hearing.
Everything about his voice, i.e., the tone, cadence, pitch, inflection, etc. should be recognizable to someone who knows BG.

If LE doesn't have a specific person of interest at this time, my hope is that they've released every bit of audio containing BG's voice that they possibly can at this point.

If LE does have their eye on a specific POI, then LE will almost certainly have done the analysis of the audiotape to see if the voices match.

All of the Above: JMO.
Sheriff Tobe Leazenby has heard the voice before apparently. How weird is it that he cannot place it.

All he had to do was see her SC post to know exactly where they were. He just had to be a SC friend - KG said the post was to LG’s story. No conversation or communication needed. He could even be with a friend that was friends with her and saw it that way.

I’m guessing based on the fact that LG had FB, SC, Instagram, Twitter, Kik and Musically accounts at some point in time that she didn’t just have a handful of SC friends. Some she probably knew very well and some maybe not so much.

Absolutely, the girls could have been tracked via social media. If that has been determined, it would make sense the investigators are looking at a local with ties to the area (and at least Libby had social media accounts- I am not finding Abby had much of an online presence).

What is interesting to me is how easy it is to see Libby’s public social media accounts by anyone though, but would be particularly interested in anyone tied to the account as a “friend.”

Makes even more sense: something planned or serial killer to learn this was a hang-out spot for young teens
This guy just doesn't look young to me....plus I see a mustache, & seems like his headgear is one of those 'hunting hats' that have flaps that go over the ears....?
Still find so utterly odd his casual salutation: 'hey guys'....also that he would say anything to them before he is right there with them: more likely they will bolt - understand what's happening: the element of surprise will be less.....(some one somewhere said it was possible an accomplice was already with Abby & Libby...why she managed to record & the suspect's casual 'hey guys')
There's a reason she began filming - even though he wasn't that close......yeah, could be gut instinct....I got the impression is was as if they were waiting for him to cross the bridge before they then turned around to go back themselves....
Why was he so confident? Why did he just figure these two gals - teens - & from what we know athletic- would just buckle & do what he wanted (even before he showed a possible weapon like a gun?).....
Maybe the 'hey guys' is indeed as I have speculated: there's been encounters with him before...this time they were recording him: but just figuring be nothing: just some weirdo creep pervert like before....hmmm
JMO

Exactly. A random killer who happened to be there makes less sense to me, although that is still possible, as time goes by. It makes more sense someone in the circle of acquaintances is responsible. But again, the motive. Why these girls on this day?

Victimology of the girls shows they were alone and vulnerable. They were off school. They wanted to go to the bridge. They worked it out and got approval from their parents, found a ride there and someone to pick them up. Then BG is there at the right place and the right moment to commit the murders.

There is so much more before, after and in between we simply don’t know, but thinking about the timing and victimology tonight.

Last edited:
<modsnip>
But a couple weeks ago or whatnot did a 'spew fest' @ my gut ideas - before I knew too much about the case
Once again, in previous post said, without thinking 'his turf'...I think he hung out there a lot, it was his 'space'...
I think this guy knew this area very very well. And therefore, to his mind, 'his turf'
He's very confident, cocky even......no worries.....like it's his house: telling them what to do...
It's remarkable how not worried he is...but then again: he's not remotely 'normal' is he?
But, even so, the lack of a sense of self-preservation is remarkable - anything could have happened, how could he be so sure they wouldn't bolt, fight, etc......it's as though he KNOWS he will get away with it....(which makes me wonder to what degree he may have known them personally)

Last edited by a moderator:
City of Delphi - Biking & Hiking Trails

In this linked article is a trail map and it appears to show a trail from Riley Park along the south of the Creek almost to the High Bridge. Is this trail from Riley Park usable, open to vehicles, bikes as well as on foot?

According to the map it was a proposed trail as of 2011. Does anyone know if it was opened at some point between then and Feb. 2017, or had been worked on enough to be usable?

From the press conference transcript and BBM:

The result of the new information and intelligence over time leads us to believe the sketch, which you will see shortly, IS the person responsible for the murders of these two little girls. We also believe this person is from Delphi- currently, or has previously lived here, visits Delphi on a regular basis, or works here. We believe this person is currently between the age range of 18 and 40, but might appear younger than his true age. [Speaking] Directly to the Killer, who may be in this room: We believe you were hiding in plain sight. For more than 2 years, you never thought we would shift gears to a different investigative strategy. But we have. Will you likely have interviewed you or someone close to you. We know this is about power to you, and you want to know what we know. And one day, you will. A question to you: What will those closest to you think of you when they find out that you brutally murdered two little girls?

DELPHI PRESS CONFERENCE TRANSCRIPT (2019) - CrimeLights

^Italics by me.

It may be legalistic quibbling, but I read the first italicized passage as: "The person in the sketch is responsible for the murders."

That doesn't necessarily mean this person physically carried out the murders himself, but that at bare minimum he set the act in motion. Maybe he called in henchmen. Maybe it was a hit. Maybe he did it himself. But which of these possibilities is not made clear by the phrasing "responsible for". (Nor is the gender of the person.)

Then: "Directly to the killer ... you brutally murdered two little girls."

This sounds like a legal charge to me. And again, being super nitpicky, it could mean anyone the DA plans to bring the charge of murder against in this case, including accomplices who may not have physically carried out the act but helped in either the logistics, or afterward in the getaway or with an alibi.

As many have noted before me, DC's language is crazy-making to those of us trying to glean information from his statements. I suspect, that is very deliberate. He wants to be receiving information, not sharing it, because he absolutely does not want anyone involved in the murders of these girls to get a jump on what he knows or doesn't know ... until he's in position to take them down, all at once, on all relevant charges.

MOO, as always.

According to the map it was a proposed trail as of 2011. Does anyone know if it was opened at some point between then and Feb. 2017, or had been worked on enough to be usable?

^Italics by me.

It may be legalistic quibbling, but I read the first italicized passage as: "The person in the sketch is responsible for the murders."

That doesn't necessarily mean this person physically carried out the murders himself, but that at bare minimum he set the act in motion. Maybe he called in henchmen. Maybe it was a hit. Maybe he did it himself. But which of these possibilities is not made clear by the phrasing "responsible for". (Nor is the gender of the person.)

Then: "Directly to the killer ... you brutally murdered two little girls."

This sounds like a legal charge to me. And again, being super nitpicky, it could mean anyone the DA plans to bring the charge of murder against in this case, including accomplices who may not have physically carried out the act but helped in either the logistics, or afterward in the getaway or with an alibi.

As many have noted before me, DC's language is crazy-making to those of us trying to glean information from his statements. I suspect, that is very deliberate. He wants to be receiving information, not sharing it, because he absolutely does not want anyone involved in the murders of these girls to get a jump on what he knows or doesn't know ... until he's in position to take them down, all at once, on all relevant charges.

MOO, as always.

That's how I see it too, almost like he is talking to two or more perps, the killer and the accomplice (s) JMO.

Hope I am doing this correctly. I have followed (lurked on this thread) for a long time. I have never felt that I could add to this conversation from all the brilliant posts. y'all are three steps ahead of me! Lol , On a serious note tho, a poster( sorry , nervous can't remember name) posted a clip of BG walking the tracks & asked that we watch his mannerisms as if he was pulling up his pants. He crossed his right leg over to the left as if he was trying to pull a weapon out from the inside of his jeans & trying to keep his pants up while at the same time he was Unbuttoning them in order to get the weapon out. Then I looked at the still image with focus on the crotch are (shudder) I noticed what seemed to me to be a familiar shape. As I focused in on the shape of the supposed weapon it hit me that I have seen a weapon shaped very much like that, My mother kept a similar weapon shape type weapon by her bedside for as long as I can remember. I once asked her what it was & she said it was a "billy club" that she got from her great uncle who was a police officer back in the day & carried it with him while on patrol. It was very heavy made of iron, the handle had a hole in it so one could clip/tie it to their beltloop. I am sure it was heavy enough to pull on the pants. the end of the club had a huge blob that resembled an arrowhead. If he was turning sideways so he could pull the weapon out without the girls noticing at first glance he would almost have to unbutton his pants or so I assume. I am probably crazy lol but I just can't get it out of my head. I want to say I am NOT , accusing any LEO. People come across these in numerous ways. JMOO, MOO. my >02cents. I apologize for the long post.

I was listening to a link that stated- the FBI reports that these kind of abductions (2 victims, middle of the day, stranger) are so very rare. Between 1974 and 2012 only 15 of these incidents have been reported.
In a conference clip early on they said ..we aren't saying the "voice" on the clip is the same as BG." Its very complicated and very involved" There is a likelihood it was more than 1 person.. "chance encounter un likely " but possible.

Hot Water: I think you are right: he did something, suddenly & they were frozen - he did his little cutesy salutation knowing what was next: the gun.....he was prepared for what he did...

Why would they need to be killed on the south side? He had control of them and could make them cross the creek.

--He would only need to control ONE of them. Hold one at gun/knife point and threaten to kill that one to control the other one's actions. This is one reason I think he is familiar with them in some way.
- He possibly crossed the creek to avoid tracking by dogs. With this timeline, is it possible he meant to take them somewhere else or keep them longer, but when the dad called and caused the cell phone to ring, he got spooked and realized his time was short.
- I believe he was wearing layers of clothes, likely somthing that would dry very quickly or waterproof which he shed and possibly carried backpack style or otherwise out of the area, which would let him blend in ( it was a warm day for the time of year, so possibly running shorts)
- the "guys" to me shows he is used to addressing kids in that age group....
- I dont want the gory details of the murders, but it would be helpful to know if they were just killed clean ( like neck snap) or it was brutal and bloody. If it was, he likely changed clothes before leaving the area.

I was listening to a link that stated- the FBI reports that these kind of abductions (2 victims, middle of the day, stranger) are so very rare. Between 1974 and 2012 only 15 of these incidents have been reported.
In a conference clip early on they said ..we aren't saying the "voice" on the clip is the same as BG." Its very complicated and very involved" There is a likelihood it was more than 1 person.. "chance encounter un likely " but possible.
Do you have a link to those statements? Would love to know who said it.

City of Delphi - Biking & Hiking Trails

In this linked article is a trail map and it appears to show a trail from Riley Park along the south of the Creek almost to the High Bridge. Is this trail from Riley Park usable, open to vehicles, bikes as well as on foot?
TRESIR2012, According to the brochure, NO. Only for hikers, bikers and runners. Thank you for providing a link to the BEST MAP ever of the area & trails! I like where you are going with this thought and the map makes it much more understandable. All the trails are color coded and named... for instance:
Pioneer Road Trail (proposed) is 1.5 miles long and coded in pink rectangles. Between Riley Park and Slate Bluff, along Deer Creek. (Definitely a possible escape route and then blending in with other citizens at Riley Park.) It runs on the south side of Deer Creek.
The trail (from reading) the girls took was Monon High Bridge Trail coded in dark red dots. (Original intended escape route, IMO. I feel this route is where he first saw the girls)
upload_2019-6-16_16-49-32.png

I truly believe BG reads the posts on this website as well as on others and probably gets his thrills all over again each time he reads about himself. So BG if you are reading this ENJOY

I think you are a very sick person

• So with that said I don’t think you are clever -just lucky so far. I don’t care what your reason was that day to kill these 2 innocent girls- they did nothing to deserve whatever you justified in your pea brain to think what you did was ok- it wasn’t. I don’t care if you feel you have been wronged in some way by your girlfriend , mother, father, friend or whomever or whatever has happened to you in the past- and these 2 little girls who were out enjoying the beauty of Gods world had something you didn’t so you thought you had the right to take it away. You didn’t have that right . Life deals us some bad crap once in a while- deal with it!
  • I don’t care if you did something wrong and someone snitched you out-the girls didn’t do anything to you
  • You suffer the consequences of your actions- others should not have to bear them
  • Whatever the reason for your deplorable actions that day they were just that deplorable. All this interest in you doesn’t make you important- doesn’t make you clever- it just exposes you for what you are-SICK!!
  • If you want to really feel important and maybe get some real attention and have people remember who you are- Turn yourself in
  • It’s just a matter of time you will be caught IT will happen
  • If there is a tiny bit of remorse or conscience left in your disgusting existence turn yourself in
  • Remember this. Abby and Libby were important - far smarter than you and NO ONE would even be talking about you if it weren’t for them
  • You may think you have fooled everyone- you haven’t
  • Tick tock your time is running out
  • Turn yourself in!!

TRESIR2012, According to the brochure, NO. Only for hikers, bikers and runners. Thank you for providing a link to the BEST MAP ever of the area & trails! I like where you are going with this thought and the map makes it much more understandable. All the trails are color coded and named... for instance:
Pioneer Road Trail (proposed) is 1.5 miles long and coded in pink rectangles. Between Riley Park and Slate Bluff, along Deer Creek. (Definitely a possible escape route and then blending in with other citizens at Riley Park.) It runs on the south side of Deer Creek.
The trail (from reading) the girls took was Monon High Bridge Trail coded in dark red dots. (Original intended escape route, IMO. I feel this route is where he first saw the girls)
View attachment 189192

Well done for posting the map screenshot - I tried and it wouldn't work for me. Could you also post it in the media, maps thread in post number 1, so we know where to find it again?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong