CA CA - Matthew Weaver, 21, Santa Monica Mountains, 10 Aug 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very well done podcast. I thought it was brave and touching that his family was willing to be open about the challenges that have impacted Matthew.

Re #4 (the gal knowing more) agree something is up there. She was cold, crass, and barfing profanities in between her BS-sounding defenses which callously included him being "a whole body". what a waste of a tank of gas.

But #3...the suspiciously hostile work crew is concerning. Maybe he went up there looking for help with car and they realized that they could be liable for leaving the gate open. Maybe they said they would help on their lunch break (hence the time) and instead did something nefarious. Either way, Malibu City or LE should shut down their work sites until they can determine if their negligence with the gate contributed. Maybe that will shake some memories loose.

I feel bad for Matthew's family having to deal with these un-compassionate, uncooperative low lifes during their crisis.

Yes #3 was also very concerning. I wonder why the workers are being so hostile. LE should definitely go up and talk to them and look around.

I’m almost done with the podcast ep and the girl is extremely hostile. If she was worried for Matthew after that text...why didn’t she think to contact authorities or even Matthew’s family?

This is just so upsetting and I hope that his family can find peace and closure someday.

Number 3 is a very good idea I will bring it up to my family and Jayden.

Very well done podcast. I thought it was brave and touching that his family was willing to be open about the challenges that have impacted Matthew.

Re #4 (the gal knowing more) agree something is up there. She was cold, crass, and barfing profanities in between her BS-sounding defenses which callously included him being "a whole body". what a waste of a tank of gas.

But #3...the suspiciously hostile work crew is concerning. Maybe he went up there looking for help with car and they realized that they could be liable for leaving the gate open. Maybe they said they would help on their lunch break (hence the time) and instead did something nefarious. Either way, Malibu City or LE should shut down their work sites until they can determine if their negligence with the gate contributed. Maybe that will shake some memories loose.

I feel bad for Matthew's family having to deal with these un-compassionate, uncooperative low lifes during their crisis.
Th

He had not been sleeping those last couple days so we had thought he probably fell asleep in his car. Not sure if he had food or water. I don’t remember seeing that in his car.
I also wonder what he was doing up there those 4 or so hours between the car moving and the text at noon. Small point but he must have been hungry and thirsty - did he have breakfast?

I am not sure why she did not contact us or call 911 at that point. Most people would but these young kids are stupid and selfish. I hope one day our family can have closure as well.

I’m almost done with the podcast ep and the girl is extremely hostile. If she was worried for Matthew after that text...why didn’t she think to contact authorities or even Matthew’s family?

This is just so upsetting and I hope that his family can find peace and closure someday.

I am not sure why she did not contact us or call 911 at that point. Most people would but these young kids are stupid and selfish. I hope one day our family can have closure as well.

Wildcats it was mentioned that they tracked his movements with Snapchat. Did they happen to track his movements prior to leaving the friends house? Can they confirm his location prior to leaving the friends house at 5 am?

I also wonder what he was doing up there those 4 or so hours between the car moving and the text at noon. Small point but he must have been hungry and thirsty - did he have breakfast?

I think he may have slept. I thought I read that he’d been up for hours. I can’t remember for sure. Perhaps he thought deeply about his life, reflecting on things. Just my own guesses based purely on nothing but my opinion.

The 4th option in the podcast has really grabbed me. I didn’t know the girl last with him has changed her story a few times. We all know that isn’t a good sign. People who are telling the truth don’t have any reason to waiver or change their stories. I for sure think she knows something. Maybe there’s some drug she gave him that caused a bad reaction, and she is afraid of getting put in jail over it.

She supposedly didn’t know Matthew well, yet he really got emotional with her. I don’t find that weird, really. It’s sometimes a lot easier to vent to people who DON’T know us well. They don’t have all these preconceived notions yet. Friends/family can think a person would never do something, but the person does just that. Being so very close to someone, we have our built up ideas of who they are based on our observations. Being that close can actually blind us to what that person may indeed do. Do I think Matthew killed himself: no, I do not. But, just because his friends say he’d never do that doesn’t mean he wouldn’t. Sooo many suicide survivors have said the same exact thing. Until he’s found, I suppose it’s always a possibility. It’s just not what I think happened.

All JMO.

I haven’t finished the podcast yet but was shocked at the work crew’s hostility. My hinky meter went up a couple of notches. It stood out much more than the friend and her “wannabe-t h u g” rants. There is no compelling reason for the crew to act the way they have unless they know something.

I don’t think anything of the last girl he was with “t h u g” talking. That’s actually not all that uncommon now. It depends on who you hang out with, music you listen to, idols, etc. “Catch a body” is a murder charge. Her saying “That’s a whole body.”is likely a way of saying they’re accusing her of a murder. If you listen to much current rap music or that culture, it’s not uncommon to talk like that. I’m older and I talk like that sometimes, too. I do think it’s bad that she has changed her story a few times. I’m not sure if she had anything to do with Matthew’s disappearance, but she did herself no favors by switching up the story. All JMO.
ebm

I don’t think anything of the last girl he was with “t h u g” talking. That’s actually not all that uncommon now. It depends on who you hang out with, music you listen to, idols, etc. “Catch a body” is a murder charge. Her saying “That’s a whole body.”is likely a way of saying they’re accusing her of a murder. If you listen to much current rap music or that culture, it’s not uncommon to talk like that. I’m older and I talk like that sometimes, too. I do think it’s bad that she has changed her story a few times. I’m not sure if she had anything to do with Matthew’s disappearance, but she did herself no favors by switching up the story. All JMO.
ebm
thanks for that perspective. it was a bit jarring to hear that jargon in contrast to the concerned friends/family featured. Slang aside - she deserves some scrutiny. for not being forthright.

thanks for that perspective. it was a bit jarring to hear that jargon in contrast to the concerned friends/family featured. Slang aside - she deserves some scrutiny. for not being forthright.

You’re welcome. You hear it within rap culture a lot. “I’m about to catch a body.” means arrested for a murder. “I caught a body.” means I’m convicted of a murder. I think (but idk since idk her) that she was trying to say that this was a serious accusation because she could be arrested or convicted for murder. To not accuse her when they don’t know that for sure. You see this a lot on Instagram, too. Idk if the police completely cleared her already or not. jmo
ebm: grammar

Re: the work crew - I think it is especially weird that they were crouching behind the bushes watching what the family/searchers were doing.

I agree. That’s just weird. My exhusband worked construction running heavy equipment. The crews were kinda rude to anyone who just hung around endlessly asking questions, but only if they were clearly just aggravating them. They’d not just pop off on anyone approaching. The majority of them were very helpful. It would’ve never been a problem to speak to someone inquiring about a missing person. I’ve never found a crew anywhere who would do that, normally. I’m sure there’s a few, but it’s strange. imo

Wildcats I’m not sure if you followed the Amanda Eller case out of Hawaii but they had a really cool tracking app for searching. Before people went to search they downloaded an app and it showed where people searched. I took snap shots for you to review. I think I read Amanda’s family funded this for the search or made it for the search. I would reach out to the family if this is something you think would help. Maybe a huge search day.

Attachments

• 44F70CDB-072A-4E59-ABED-4D106D71E947.jpeg
    44F70CDB-072A-4E59-ABED-4D106D71E947.jpeg
    139.4 KB · Views: 29
  • C6C1A72F-0DAF-4E46-BB23-1B67B5E15F28.jpeg
    C6C1A72F-0DAF-4E46-BB23-1B67B5E15F28.jpeg
    92.9 KB · Views: 28
Wildcats I’m not sure if you followed the Amanda Eller case out of Hawaii but they had a really cool tracking app for searching. Before people went to search they downloaded an app and it showed where people searched. I took snap shots for you to review. I think I read Amanda’s family funded this for the search or made it for the search. I would reach out to the family if this is something you think would help. Maybe a huge search day.
Do you know where I can get the app? I’ve tried searching for it and have no leads. I am also unsure of how to reach someone in her family to help me get the app. This would be so beneficial for us during searches

Do you know where I can get the app? I’ve tried searching for it and have no leads. I am also unsure of how to reach someone in her family to help me get the app. This would be so beneficial for us during searches

Here is the link to the page. Email or comment for help and I’m sure someone will get back to you right away. Also in one of the top posts it talks about the technology that was used.

Findamanda

Here is what the family said about the map and I’m sure they would help.

Attachments

• 933D6947-366C-4CB2-8326-5815258F1264.jpeg
    933D6947-366C-4CB2-8326-5815258F1264.jpeg
    208.1 KB · Views: 33
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors