Silver Alert CT- Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 #8 *ARRESTS*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m assuming that the friend who left her purse wasn’t the driver. Maybe she was slightly over-served or was just tired. In any case the house is huge so it would be easy to put a purse down somewhere out of sight and not walk by it again when leaving. A lot of young ladies keep their cell phones in hand or in a pocket but seldom carry a purse. I don’t think either FD or MT is ingenious enough to plan a forgotten purse alibi - mainly because it would mean more people having information about a planned crime.

I’m just having a hard time picturing MT doing anything considerate like returning a purse. She seems pathologically selfish IMO. Not the type to inconvenience herself. Unless it serves a greater purpose, such as providing an alibi.

I have a question about the supposed bracelet worn to court by MT when she pled, the one reportedly engraved "Dulos." Later someone said the name was on a bead, and another bead had her child's name, which is maybe why the NYPost took it down. But on that court day MT was wearing very long sleeves with cuffs (and a long-sleeved cardigan, too) that went well past her wrists. There would be absolutely no way to see a bracelet unless she had it on over her shirt cuffs, which she did not. It would bother me very much if she wore his name on a bracelet to court, but it would also bother me if this was misreported - can anyone explain this? Was it a photo from another day, perhaps, or ... does anyone know? Thank you.

I’m just having a hard time picturing MT doing anything considerate like returning a purse. She seems pathologically selfish IMO. Not the type to inconvenience herself. Unless it serves a greater purpose, such as providing an alibi.
That very well may be true, but I don’t think we know enough about her to come to a conclusion, one way or another.

I see two photos that look like the entrance from the garage into a slate-tiled back hallway that also has a door to the outside. No laundry or mudroom sink visible in those photos. (Photos 11 and 12) Although there could be a sink or powder room in that odd rectangular area with two doors next to the back yard door....

INTERESTINGLY - IS THAT A SECURITY SYSTEM PANEL ? In photo 12, I see a panel on the wall between the door to the garage (which has a deadbolt!) and the door to the basement. Underneath it is a white light switch so it's not for lights. It's either a thermostat panel or a security system panel. It looks a lot like my ADT security system panel. You wouldn't put a sprinkler control panel there or exterior lights there. I'm not sure why you would put the thermostat there, it makes much more sense to put a security system panel right there where you get into the house from the garage !

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/69-Welles-Ln-New-Canaan-CT-06840/57324591_zpid/?mmlb=g,11

If it's a security system panel, the security system will be able to detect when the secured doors (such as all the doors to the outside and the garage) were opened, which could give a much more precise time when someone was in the garage!!!
Excellent sleuthing!! I have viewed those same photos on Zillow countless times in the last few weeks and never picked up on the security system in the above video!

1) is the Raptor considered a commercial vehicle?
2) If it is, then I think we can rule out driving on the Merritt, because I don’t think commercial vehicles are permitted to be operated on the Parkway.
The "no commercial vehicles" rule on the Merritt Parkway is honor-code only. Unfortunately, violators are only caught when their vehicles can't make it past overpasses.

I’ll bet that anyone who has been treated for depression qualifies for a silver alert-I think somewhere it was stated that JD suffered from and was treated for depression, as well as one or two other mental illness issues, for which FD taunted her, and called her an unfit mother.

I'm assuming her main disorder was "married to an extreme narcissist a-hole", but we're unlikely to find that listed in the DSM.

Last edited:
Perhaps. All that's published about the criteria for silver alerts for persons in her age category in Conn is that the person is missing and has a mental impairment. What they deem to be a mental impairment I do not know.

Earlier on in one of the threads, perhaps #6? Someone found out if you are perceived to be in significant physical danger (and LE highly suspected she was due to the garage), that also qualifies for a silver alert. I’ll see if I can find the posts.

I have a question about the supposed bracelet worn to court by MT when she pled, the one reportedly engraved "Dulos." Later someone said the name was on a bead, and another bead had her child's name, which is maybe why the NYPost took it down. But on that court day MT was wearing very long sleeves with cuffs (and a long-sleeved cardigan, too) that went well past her wrists. There would be absolutely no way to see a bracelet unless she had it on over her shirt cuffs, which she did not. It would bother me very much if she wore his name on a bracelet to court, but it would also bother me if this was misreported - can anyone explain this? Was it a photo from another day, perhaps, or ... does anyone know? Thank you.

I think that story should go away since no one has ever provided any proof.

Earlier on in one of the threads, perhaps #6? Someone found out if you are perceived to be in significant physical danger (and LE highly suspected she was due to the garage), that also qualifies for a silver alert. I’ll see if I can find the posts.

No matter what the criteria is for a Silver Alert, there appears to be some leeway in issuing it. Also, each state has its own guidelines.

It’s not like an Amber alert, which has specific federal guidelines, and can only be issued by state agencies (usually the equivalent of the state police).

I’d love the exact reason, just out of curiosity. It doesn’t matter much at this point though.

ETA: Her friends reported her missing, so they might have told law enforcement that she had suffered emotional issues as a result of the contentious divorce. There is no reason that it couldn’t have been mental health related.

Last edited:
No matter what the criteria is for a Silver Alert, there appears to be some leeway in issuing it. Also, each state has its own guidelines.

It’s not like an Amber alert, which has specific federal guidelines, and can only be issued by state agencies (usually the equivalent of the state police).

I’d love the exact reason, just out of curiosity. It doesn’t matter much at this point though.
I found the post but I’m on mobile and it doesn’t give me the post numbers. It was in thread #7 by @otto, first post on page 11. It talks about a silver alert being done for adults under 65 requiring medical care.

I wonder if the silver alert was used strategically. I imagine Fulos was suspected immediately - it doesn't take a rocket scientist. Maybe if he heard silver alert, he would think that LE wasn't onto him. A stretch?
I do think it’s a stretch.

Law enforcement probably wasn’t privy to precisely what was going on in her life at that point, or that her husband was the most likely culprit. Even if they did know these things, I don’t think it was done strategically.

I think it’s more likely that this was done as a matter of protocol, once they knew they were dealing with something with dire implications.

Unless he gave her a story about disposing illegally of something related to his construction business. Just speculating.

I used to think she was a sociopath but now I think he's terrifying and she was stuck. And stupidly in love for who knows what reason.

Seriously! I agree. It's sickening to think about. By the third stop, I would have been out of that truck with my phone and started walking. Called a cab or somebody to pick me up. I can't believe she expects people to believe she didn't know.

In Jennifer’s blogs she writes about celebrating the name days and that it was a big deal!. The family most certainly celebrated them and they followed Greek customs. The children’s names are ALL GREEK.... spelling and all! The children were learning the Greek language from a hired tutor/man who Jennifer names in her blogs. But thank you for your thoughts!
Your second to last sentence is one of the main things that really stood out to me after I read the entirety of JD’s blog! I personally found this particular article more significant or interesting than the others that followed!

Unless he gave her a story about disposing illegally of something related to his construction business. Just speculating.

I used to think she was a sociopath but now I think he's terrifying and she was stuck. And stupidly in love for who knows what reason.
Wow, this just made something occur to me.

Even if she didn’t know what they were dumping at the time, it had to occur to her in the days afterward.

His wife is missing, and you’ve just done something highly unusual.

Wouldn’t you want to protect yourself, and go to law enforcement right away?

Instead, it appears that she waited. Once law enforcement discovered video evidence of the dumping (about a week later), they charged them.

It appears that it was only then, that MT decided to cooperate (atleast to an extent).

Not a good look.

ETA: I don’t disagree with your idea that he made have told her that it was related to his construction business.

I just think she’s a bad person either way.

I found the post but I’m on mobile and it doesn’t give me the post numbers. It was in thread #7 by @otto, first post on page 11. It talks about a silver alert being done for adults under 65 requiring medical care.
Yes, I later posted, saying I disagreed with @otto -- the criteria in Conn is mental condition, not medical condition. Connecticut Silver Alert System – An Elderly and/or Mental Impairment Locator System – United Way of Connecticut – 211 and eLibrary I've posted about this ad nauseum and have provided links. If you have a link showing something different please post it. To date no one has linked to anything other than mental condition/mental impairment. I don't see that it makes a diff anyway. I will leave this to others now. I've posted what I can factually link to.

More speculation. Living in Connecticut, I know it is fact that I have to wait 24 hours to report a missing person. So if I had a good friend who I thought was likely hurt by their ex-husband and time was of the essence in finding my friend, and I knew they suffered from depression, I might frame my report as a Silver Alert or report it in such a way that is silver alert was used. To get around the 24 hour delay that is necessary, and also to ensure that it gets blasted out by TV and radio. Lots of speculation on my part of course. I feel strongly that the silver alert was strategic.

My apologies in advance if my question has been answered in any of the other older threads.
I was searching for information about guidelines in CT as to when an adult was considered "missing." I found a pamphlet in which it states the following:

"Silver alert: an emergency message with information about the missing person over the age of 65, or over 18 with a mental impairment, that is broadcasted through radio and television networks. "

How did JD's disappearance qualify as a Silver Alert?

Brochure from the CT Office Victims' Advocate: https://www.ct.gov/ova/lib/ova/Missing_Persons_Brochure.pdf

More speculation. Living in Connecticut, I know it is fact that I have to wait 24 hours to report a missing person. So if I had a good friend who I thought was likely hurt by their ex-husband, and I knew they suffered from depression, I might frame my report as a Silver Alert or report it in such a way that is silver alert was used. To get around the 24 hour delay that is necessary, and also to ensure that it gets blasted out by TV and radio. Lots of speculation on my part of course. I feel strongly that the silver alert was strategic.
That may have been the case in the past, but it is no longer the case. You can report a missing person immediately.

https://www.ct.gov/ova/lib/ova/Missing_Persons_Brochure.pdf

Attachments

• 18B5B101-39C7-44C7-8A7C-D38735F2F2C0.jpeg
    18B5B101-39C7-44C7-8A7C-D38735F2F2C0.jpeg
    96.4 KB · Views: 9
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors