FL FL - Broward Co., WhtFem Skeletal UP1211, 11-20, silver bracelet, Jan'88

First poster here, so sorry if I miss out on info but I have been following this thread for a while and thought about finally giving my two cents. NamUs looks different than last time I looked at it and I can't tell if DNA was compared by LE already, but could it be Tavia Elizabeth Bailey?

Her Charley Project page: Tavia Elizabeth Bailey – The Charley Project

Height is consistent and portrait does look similar to me (see below, shots from Charley Project and NamUs). Dates of disappearance also work, as well as age.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-02-15 at 1.04.09 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-02-15 at 1.04.09 PM.png
    52.8 KB · Views: 16
  • Screen Shot 2019-02-15 at 1.04.23 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-02-15 at 1.04.23 PM.png
    154 KB · Views: 16
First poster here, so sorry if I miss out on info but I have been following this thread for a while and thought about finally giving my two cents. NamUs looks different than last time I looked at it and I can't tell if DNA was compared by LE already, but could it be Tavia Elizabeth Bailey?

Height is consistent and portrait does look similar to me (see below, shots from Charley Project and NamUs). Dates of disappearance also work, as well as age.
Welcome to Websleuths, Birds! NamUs is not like CODIS and doesn't make auto-ruleouts. Comparisons are done manually, but both types of DNA (nuclear and mitochondrial) have to be the same on both ends to be compatible for testing. We don't have access to which one is available and the recent new changes have scaled back identifier information even more. So there's really no way to tell for sure whether someone has already been considered and ruled out unless they're already on the exclusion list. If you feel strongly about it, submit Tavia as a possible match for this Jane Doe. Even if she is ruled out, it would be good to know that a possible match wasn't missed and there would be one more person that we know *isn't* WJD.

Thanks for the explanation! I can try that. How do you do that? I don't want to email the wrong person here.

The email address for the NamUs rep who handles a particular case is in the contacts tab for each case.

I have been trying to find even the slimmest possibilities for this missing girl from St. John’s County FL. I was scrolling through doe network and noted how the time line and age range fits with this girl. The girls name is Martha Jean Lambert and she vanished from outside of her home in St. Augustine FL on November 27th of 1985.

Martha’s Charley Link: Martha Jean Lambert – The Charley Project
Martha’s NamUs Link: The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
Martha’s FDLE Link: Florida Missing Person Flyer

Note: Martha’s DNA has been submitted and testing has been completed. I also noted how this UID has injuries, Martha lived in an abusive home life and was put in foster care multiple times over it

Attachments

• 0A5951D3-E3B8-428C-B550-C47C2774BA56.jpeg
    0A5951D3-E3B8-428C-B550-C47C2774BA56.jpeg
    57.5 KB · Views: 16
  • AE6E8976-2B3F-4DA1-B1C3-6EDE14C2F1A3.png
    AE6E8976-2B3F-4DA1-B1C3-6EDE14C2F1A3.png
    15.7 KB · Views: 16
Anybody know if Peggy alt was ruled out?
I must remember to submit this one

I have been trying to find even the slimmest possibilities for this missing girl from St. John’s County FL. I was scrolling through doe network and noted how the time line and age range fits with this girl. The girls name is Martha Jean Lambert and she vanished from outside of her home in St. Augustine FL on November 27th of 1985.

Martha’s NamUs Link: The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Note: Martha’s DNA has been submitted and testing has been completed. I also noted how this UID has injuries, Martha lived in an abusive home life and was put in foster care multiple times over home problems

Attachments

• 3CD13E8E-D901-48C0-BBA0-3224D0255263.jpeg
    3CD13E8E-D901-48C0-BBA0-3224D0255263.jpeg
    57.5 KB · Views: 3
  • 399FF67A-94F5-43B9-A4DC-07A36E57B693.png
    399FF67A-94F5-43B9-A4DC-07A36E57B693.png
    15.7 KB · Views: 3

I see a resemblance - did you ever submit Tavia?

Note: Martha’s DNA has been submitted and testing has been completed. I also noted how this UID has injuries, Martha lived in an abusive home life and was put in foster care multiple times over home problems
Do you believe her brother had something to do with her disappearance? If he actually did, I don't think this is her for the simple fact he probably wouldn't travel 4 hours to discard her body. (but then then again it's straight up I95)

Do you believe her brother had something to do with her disappearance? If he actually did, I don't think this is her for the simple fact he probably wouldn't travel 4 hours to discard her body. (but then then again it's straight up I95)
No I don’t believe the brother was involved. I believe she was abducted.

This is probably a long shot as this Esther is from New Mexico, but there were enough similarities to at least throw it out there. We’ve seen stranger things! She was 17 when she went missing though, and that bracelet charm makes me lean toward someone younger. However, it could have been sentimental IMO.

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Missing Person / NamUs #MP6759 Esther Valdez, Female, Hispanic / Latino

Date of Last ContactSeptember 7, 1984

Missing FromChama, New Mexico

Missing Age17 Years

Height4' 11" (59 Inches)

Esther Valdez – The Charley Project

“At the time of her disappearance, Esther was scheduled to appear as a witness in the trial of a bar owner. He had been cited for allowing her into Ben's Lounge when she was underage. She disappeared before the trial took place.”

upload_2019-8-28_14-50-19.png

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back