Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #106

Status
Not open for further replies.
TRESIR... really? Did Abby have a FB account? How old does a person have to be to open one?
Can you tell when it was opened?

Anyone with a working email address can open one. You can easily make up a fake name and a fake age. 13 years old is what FB recommends. No one follows those rules. I know friends who created FB accounts for family pets, and for newborn infants, and even avatars for cosplaying and cartoon characters.

Lol, chili. My opinion has changed so many times.

I have to figure in the latest presser (it is likely BG has local ties), the personalities of the girls (innocent softball players, in to band, and wearing funny hats and the highlight of life is to have a sleepover with a BFF), and how BG stumbled across them.

They were just girls barely out of childhood looking for a place to have an adventure and take pictures.

At first, I imagined a lonely old bridge with no one there, so figured a transient, homeless type stumbled across them. A theory came from that. Later I learned lots of kids were at the trail head that day, so that pauses me a bit.

It could be there is more to the story, but I still think these were two barely above tweens were victims of circumstances above their understanding. IMO amd subject to change.

It does change my perception also, when the story first broke I thought they walked from Abby's house and were basically isolated alone in the woods and happened open a strange man, not a popular town teen hangout.

I'm trying to remember and find the interview with MP and BP where when asked if they had any suspects in mind BP responded in a dodging manner and said something to the effect that she did not want to comment as she did not want to sway the investigation. Does anyone remember which interview that was? Just always has made me wondered who she had in mind....

One of the things that nags at me. Most people carry a cellphone these days. Was he not expecting these kids to have cellphones? Where the heck is he from? He knows the area. But was he not expecting cellphones?

I think this is a distinct possibility, although I am unclear as to the current understanding from LE.

If this is the scenario, I see the BG as the stoodge to a second guy. The procurer, if you will.

I’m still unclear on this possibility, but I’m not ruling it out.

Amateur opinion and speculation
Neither am I ruling it out, given the most recent arrests in the NB case. One accomplice? Maybe more? It's obviously not an unheard of occurrence. JMO

Lol, chili. My opinion has changed so many times.

I have to figure in the latest presser (it is likely BG has local ties), the personalities of the girls (innocent softball players, in to band, and wearing funny hats and the highlight of life is to have a sleepover with a BFF), and how BG stumbled across them.

They were just girls barely out of childhood looking for a place to have an adventure and take pictures.

At first, I imagined a lonely old bridge with no one there, so figured a transient, homeless type stumbled across them. A theory came from that. Later I learned lots of kids were at the trail head that day, so that pauses me a bit.

It could be there is more to the story, but I still think these were two barely above tweens were victims of circumstances above their understanding. IMO amd subject to change.
I totally agree with you on this.

Also LE said "we have a witness" so a witness to what exactly? The actual crime or BG arriving/leaving?

I think the witness, who saw a young man on the trail/bridge, around the time of the murder. That young man had been interviewed before, but provided an alibi. He was local and respected, so LE believed him, and now they think his alibi doesn’t hold water, so to say.

If the girls were “in over their heads,” then we’d almost certainly know about it.

These were low risk teenage girls, who weren’t affiliated with any sort of criminal enterprise.

If this was done in an effort to silence them, then this is a spectacularly weird place and way to do it.

That type of thing just doesn’t happen, not with this victimology.

I also haven’t considered this angle, and thinking about it now, I don’t think it’s remotely viable.

I’m with you; sexually motivated double homicide.

Edited for spelling*
I don't believe the girls were into something "over their heads," but rather someone around them may have been in over their head. At this time, I don't believe the prime motive was sexual although it may have ended that way or made to LOOK that way in an attempt to throw LE into another direction. Only LE and the perp/s know if there is evidence of SA. I'm also beginning to feel that there is a good possibility there WAS someone else involved, in some capacity and perhaps even participated in the crime. We can be certain if this is true, that it's unlikely either will be inclined to come forward. If the accomplice merely gave a ride and that was the extent of their involvement, surely they would have given a tip by now if only anonymous? Maybe BG was so calm through it all because he had help? There wasn't going to be any screaming because he held a gun to them and when completely out of sight, his buddy put some duck tape over their mouths. It's just a theory, but as viable as any other.
ed:sp

Last edited:
Could BG have been stalking one of the girls? (again, I'll say Libby was the target) And Libby's family member dropped the girls off at the park.
We had a stalker for 4 plus years. They can figure out some pretty crazy stuff in order to stalk.

Agreed. Never underestimate the persistent of a stalker. This guy could have stalked them online without ever making any contact, then found their addresses and noticed patterns. Maybe they frequented this bridge quite frequently. It wouldn't be that hard to follow someone and learn their patterns.

I don't know if this map has ever been posted before but here is the area around the trails and bridge showing the lot lines. It is from Carroll County public records. I know some have asked where property parcels end for private properties. Here is a screen shot but you can access this page at the link below and play with different layers.

upload_2019-6-17_9-48-29.png

Beacon - Carroll County, IN

Last edited:
Holy Cannoli!

yep, on public transit, parking lots, downtown, parked cars. I walked past a parked car guy had his door wide open masturbating reported to LE. The response was oh, well.
We all know that some SA crimes do NOT start off with assaults but start with public voyeurism, fondling, and acts of flashing etc...then continue on with peeping then BE.
If LE took some of these crimes more seriously more of these perverts would have a record.
I wonder if any rumor in town but any creeper at the bridge. Local gossip would have at least a few suspects to start with. Not asking for local gossip. If I was LE I would start there.

I find this very conflicting. In one sentence he is saying that the may have interviewed him and in another sentence he is say that the person apparently gave the officers information. Am I reading it wrong?

I am reading the word “information” as an “alibi”

It clicked at that time because they were looking for some out-of-state pedophile...

Well, the doctor or the counselors see a lot of people like this... unless their mentally ill patient says he was in Delphi, on the bridge, how would they know who to report?

Someone who fits the description of the sketches, the voice, long chin and issues with rage, anger management issues or prone to violence.

Or he was public masturbating on the bridge in front of the girls, Libby caught it, he flew into a rage, but the voice sounds pretty calm...
This is more common than you might think. I run into public masturbaters at least a few times a year.

Im glad you mentioned this xfiles. Esp given that a few posts recently have supposed an alternative option to 'hands in pockets' , namely 'holding trousers up' or ' undoing ' to get to weapon. ( Cmon! No sniggering!!)

At the risk of sliding further down the steep slope of innuendo and giggling at the back........

Ive always thought DC's gesture (at the Apr PC) around the line about hoping the perp had ' a little bit of conscience' left , was strange. In that the gesture didnt fit sit as a natural gesture with me. It was exaggerated and deliberate.

(I wasnt going to mention it but the post Im replying to makes it valid imho)

(Brace yourself........)

Had xfiles scenario above been a reality and the Girls had mocked BG somehow....and DC's gesture was another deliberate taunting of BG, this time about something the Girls may have said, something the video shows etc, unknown to us, about the err....erm....ahem... size of BG?!? Hence the cut in further video release.

All sadly MOO.

Next Post = Mainstream. :)

yep, on public transit, parking lots, downtown, parked cars. I walked past a parked car guy had his door wide open masturbating reported to LE. The response was oh, well.
We all know that some SA crimes do NOT start off with assaults but start with public voyeurism, fondling, and acts of flashing etc...then continue on with peeping then BE.
If LE took some of these crimes more seriously more of these perverts would have a record.
I wonder if any rumor in town but any creeper at the bridge. Local gossip would have at least a few suspects to start with. Not asking for local gossip. If I was LE I would start there.

I am reading an article, in installments, about the GSK. At the beginning of his career, some policeman called him “compassionate rapist” (meaning, he raped, but did not kill). And most of the DNAs from the first rapes were thrown out because of the status of limitations. “Rape” was not a big word in the 70es, everything was hush-hush.

I think that sadly, some policemen do not understand that a public masturbator might progress to something worse. Or, even more prosaic, they get too many calls about these pervs.
When living in a big city, I would run into exhibitioners, so I totally understand you. There are many. And they like public transportation.

I am reading an article, in installments, about the GSK. At the beginning of his career, some policeman called him “compassionate rapist” (meaning, he raped, but did not kill). And most of the DNAs from the first rapes were thrown out because of the status of limitations. “Rape” was not a big word in the 70es, everything was hush-hush.

I think that sadly, some policemen do not understand that a public masturbator might progress to something worse. Or, even more prosaic, they get too many calls about these pervs.
When living in a big city, I would run into exhibitioners, so I totally understand you. There are many. And they like public transportation.
I've obviously lead a very sheltered life :p:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member