Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #106

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still can't comprehend how he got control of them both.
Could he have known they were close friends and that if he had control of one, the other would not leave her? How did he know the other girl would not have run off? MOO

A gun would do the trick. You can’t run far from a bullet. Bank robbers can freeze a bankful of tellers and customers in their tracks by announcing they have a gun.

In a nutshell. The tight time frame and LE asserting "if you are afraid, we can protect you."
I don't think they are referring to the perp.
The tight time frame and countless other factors could make it easier to commit the crime with an accomplice. Still there are just as many reasons an accomplice could be a detriment. Who wants to include another person in your plans for a brutal crime? Or live with them knowing what you’ve done?

Yet LE may have indicated there may be a second voice in the audio that was played. I wish LE could be more clear in their statements.

Last edited:
The following is from 3 pressers.

Feb 13, 2017 - Supt. Doug Carter
We think that we’ve released enough now that if there’s a possibility of identifying the killer based on that photograph, we’ll be able to do that, and that’s all I can say about the video and audio that we have.

Feb 22, 2017 - unnamed ISP officer
As I indicated before, the reason we believe this is the suspect is based on the totality of the evidence that we’ve gathered thus far that has led us to believe this is the person that at least participated in the murders of Liberty German and Abigail Williams.

April 22, 2019 - Supt. Doug Carter
During the course of this investigation we have concluded the first sketch released will become secondary as of today. The result of the new information and intelligence over time leads us to believe the (new) sketch … is the person responsible for the murders of these two little girls.

Seeing it laid out like this with that wording makes me think two, with the youngest killing and dominant with the older assisting by "herding". Again , I am not 100% convinced there are two, but I am starting to lean that way more everyday. Dont ever underestimate the power of coercion and co-dependent behavior. I also think back to the Devlin/Hornbeck case.

I believe that LE has been very clear that the audio they released features only one voice, despite the two parts having different tones. That of the suspected killer.

From the April 22nd transcript:
We’re releasing additional portions of the audio recording from that day. Please keep in mind the person talking is one person and is the person on the bridge with the girls. This is NOT two different people speaking- please listen to it very, very carefully.

Can you link to where they indicated there might be a second voice on the audio?

I do hope we can track down footage of the interview and panel from the recent Crimecon concerning this case. I've read elsewhere that it was reiterated they were only looking for one person, despite rumors of two attackers going around. I think it would be good to know what LE and other people close to the case currently think.

I still can't comprehend how he got control of them both.
Could he have known they were close friends and that if he had control of one, the other would not leave her? How did he know the other girl would not have run off? MOO

When someone pointed a gun at my mom and me, neither one of us ran. The threat of being shot and killed is pretty effective and we were adults.

Timeline of the Brentwood stabbings: Calgary’s worst mass murder
In 2014 in Calgary, AB five young university students were stabbed to death at a house party. There were four males and one female. The killer caught them so off guard they didn’t have a chance. If the four males couldn’t defend themselves what hope did poor Abby and Libby have?

Can't find footage of the 2019 Crimecon panel, but here are a couple of interviews with Diane Erskine, Abby's grandmother, hosted by HLN. Also snippets of comments from other family members.

Note that the first one is more a catch up segment featuring other news footage and interviews first, and the actual Crimecon stuff is not until later in the clip:

This one is of Diane being interviewed by her booth/display

True Crime Live: Weekdays, 2-3 p.m. ET/PT on HLN

It looks like the full version of the case panel from 2018 is available, it's 56 minutes long. I can't link to it here because the video was posted on Reddit and I can't seem to find the original vimeo link.

ETA: something weird is happening with the links first link is meant to be "True Crime Live: Weekdays, 2-3 p.m. ET on HLN" minus the quotes

Last edited:
I do remember this. Have there been any media interviews with the families since the April press conference?

I would be interested in hearing that interview where BP dodges the question when asked if they had suspects in mind.

I would be very surprised if the families didn’t have suspects in mind. I get the sense that they know way more about the investigation than they are letting on.

I would be interested in hearing that interview where BP dodges the question when asked if they had suspects in mind.

I would be very surprised if the families didn’t have suspects in mind. I get the sense that they know way more about the investigation than they are letting on.
The overwhelming impression I get from this case is "fear". Of course there is fear because the Two Roses were murdered, and killer on the loose.

But, there is another fear. It's a "don't tell or else" fear that I am speculating on. People know. *People know*. And people are afraid to speak up lest their family is the next target.

Amateur opinion and speculation.

Can't find footage of the 2019 Crimecon panel, but here are a couple of interviews with Diane Erskine, Abby's grandmother, hosted by HLN. Also snippets of comments from other family members.

Note that the first one is more a catch up segment featuring other news footage and interviews first, and the actual Crimecon stuff is not until later in the clip:

This one is of Diane being interviewed by her booth/display

True Crime Live: Weekdays, 2-3 p.m. ET/PT on HLN

It looks like the full version of the case panel from 2018 is available, it's 56 minutes long. I can't link to it here because the video was posted on Reddit and I can't seem to find the original vimeo link.

ETA: something weird is happening with the links first link is meant to be "True Crime Live: Weekdays, 2-3 p.m. ET on HLN" minus the quotes

Wow. Just finished watching and what generous family members they are, sharing their time and unfortunate expertise and experience. Kelsi did great, as she always does, but first time I had a chance to see an interview with Diane. Diane’s words and what she learned from attending this conference are important. The families are so amazing and strong.

Thank you, Zoriah.

The overwhelming impression I get from this case is "fear". Of course there is fear because the Two Roses were murdered, and killer on the loose.

But, there is another fear. It's a "don't tell or else" fear that I am speculating on. People know. *People know*. And people are afraid to speak up lest their family is the next target.

Amateur opinion and speculation.

I strongly disagree. I've had my ear to the ground in Delphi since February of 2017; moreover, I've been close to the community and people as a whole for almost 40 years, and there is no common conclusion that the community has drawn. The people there are not any more convinced of who BG is than we are. Just like on WS and FB and everywhere else, you have small groups who think it might be Person A and other groups who think it might be Person B and then the odd one here and there who's out all by their lonesome thinking it's Person X, but there is no common consensus. People have changed their minds with every little bit of new information.

And while there MAY be certain individuals who are close to BG who might know something, I also disagree that the community at large is living in fear, afraid to talk. Go up there and spend a few weeks. Go in the restaurants. Hang out at people's houses. Go spend the day with some of the kids who the girls were friends with. Have dinner with their parents. They're not walking around with shoulders hunched and eyes averted-they WANT to talk. And I firmly believe that if they had any real information, they would. People have come out of the woodwork to share info with LE that might be helpful-people who saw something or heard something or heard OF something in the days leading up to the 13th or after.

It is highly possible that someone knows something and just doesn't know it. It's possible that BG's roommate or partner or parent suspects something, but doesn't want to face it. And I think it's even more possible that someone know a LOT, but is afraid of legal repercussions of talking. But as far as the community as a whole keeping quiet because they're afraid of being next? I don't buy it in this case-other cases, yes, but not this one.

Now see, I remember that interview totally differently. If we're thinking about the same interview then, when asked, BP hedges but then says, "Of course we've had our own ideas here and there but they've never panned out." It wasn't so much that she was "dodging" the question, but that she didn't know how much to reveal since it sounded as though that person wasn't "the one." I'm sure the families have sat around and brainstormed about what happened. I'm sure they've come up with ideas. Since LE is still asking for BG to be identified, however, I can see why they'd be frustrated at this point. That doesn't mean that they "know" who it is, however.

I believe that LE has been very clear that the audio they released features only one voice, despite the two parts having different tones. That of the suspected killer.

From the April 22nd transcript:

Can you link to where they indicated there might be a second voice on the audio?

I do hope we can track down footage of the interview and panel from the recent Crimecon concerning this case. I've read elsewhere that it was reiterated they were only looking for one person, despite rumors of two attackers going around. I think it would be good to know what LE and other people close to the case currently think.
This may be where the idea of two voices comes from but it actually says one:

Investigators also released a longer audio clip that had been recorded on German’s cell phone where a male can be heard saying “down the hill.” Carter said although it may appear there are two voices in the clip, investigators believe the audio recording is just one man.

Delphi Murders Suspect ‘Hiding In Plain Sight,’ Police Believe As They Release New Sketch, Video

When someone pointed a gun at my mom and me, neither one of us ran. The threat of being shot and killed is pretty effective and we were adults.

Yup

its easy to say until you are actually in that situation, I would like to think I would scream, fight, run etc....

But in reality I know I would probably just stand there and try to reason with them and beg for my life

Yup

its easy to say until you are actually in that situation, I would like to think I would scream, fight, run etc....

But in reality I know I would probably just stand there and try to reason with them and beg for my life

Ha ha, yeah. I've taken several self defense classes. From the safety of my couch, I'm a downright ninja with my natural defensive reactions and my ability to single-handedly take their weapon, call 911, and put the perp in a choke hold without breaking a sweat (or a nail). In reality, however, when faced with such a situation I'm more like a deer in headlights trying to direct a gaggle of monkeys in a hailstorm.

Yup

Yes. Pull a gun on me in the wilderness I'll probably try to deal (negotiate) with that person.
Now, pull a gun on me in a populated place.....I think I would scream and run in hopes it would save my life. Simply because the perp would be concerned about witnesses and not shoot.

Yet LE may have indicated there may be a second voice in the audio that was played. I wish LE could be more clear in their statements.

I think LE was extremely clear on this actually:

“We’re releasing additional portions of the audio recording from that day. Please keep in mind the person talking is one person and is the person on the bridge with the girls. This is NOT two different people speaking- please listen to it very, very carefully.”

Last edited by a moderator:
[
Im glad you mentioned this xfiles. Esp given that a few posts recently have supposed an alternative option to 'hands in pockets' , namely 'holding trousers up' or ' undoing ' to get to weapon. ( Cmon! No sniggering!!)

At the risk of sliding further down the steep slope of innuendo and giggling at the back........

Ive always thought DC's gesture (at the Apr PC) around the line about hoping the perp had ' a little bit of conscience' left , was strange. In that the gesture didnt fit sit as a natural gesture with me. It was exaggerated and deliberate.

(I wasnt going to mention it but the post Im replying to makes it valid imho)

(Brace yourself........)

Had xfiles scenario above been a reality and the Girls had mocked BG somehow....and DC's gesture was another deliberate taunting of BG, this time about something the Girls may have said, something the video shows etc, unknown to us, about the err....erm....ahem... size of BG?!? Hence the cut in further video release.

All sadly MOO.

Next Post = Mainstream. :)
Although it is possible that BG May have been masturbating or otherwise being lewd in some manner, I don’t really see Abby & Libby being the kind of girls that would have mocked him or laughed at him. They were young and seemed to still be pretty innocent. I think if they saw him doing anything lewd they would have been horrified, embarrassed, etc and would have either tried to pretend they didn’t notice or would try to get away from him quickly.

And, IMO, I don’t think Libby would have filmed him doing this because I think it would have been something she would have quickly turned away from, not tried to capture it on film.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam