Silver Alert CT- Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 #8 *ARRESTS*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry if this is already been asked or answered do we know why his divorce attorney asked to be excused from his duties of representation?

They used vague language, as is common, but essentially, with the charges that are related to the disappearance of his wife, the dissolution of marriage has become complicated. But it appears that his counsel were "limited scope" handling only the issue of "discovery" (exchange of info in a court case for those who may not know). Being in jail and dealing with charges makes it difficult for them to represent him in discovery issues, especially as divulging info about finances to the other side as court-ordered, may incriminate FD (like maybe giving him more motive to kill her). They don't want to be a part of that.

And they may now find him a repugnant client, which can be a valid reason to get out of the case.

They used vague language, as is common, but essentially, with the charges that are related to the disappearance of his wife, the dissolution of marriage has become complicated. But it appears that his counsel were "limited scope" handling only the issue of "discovery" (exchange of info in a court case for those who may not know). Being in jail and dealing with charges makes it difficult for them to represent him in discovery issues, especially as divulging info about finances to the other side as court-ordered, may incriminate FD (like maybe giving him more motive to kill her). They don't want to be a part of that.

And they may now find him a repugnant client, which can be a valid reason to get out of the case.
So interesting! Thanks, Gitana.

jmo

This may sound crazy but with all the bags being dumped on CCTV and they can't find anything else as far as a body I hate to say that do you think we're dealing with double jeopardy here? Or set up for that to happen??, it may sound crazy but with all that evidence but yet not concrete evidence as to, again I don't want to say it, but hopefully you know what I mean? being tried and acquitted based on the evidence???

New to WS. Great ideas and insights here. Super-interesting.

I have been thinking a lot about burial/disposal place and whether JD will ever be found. My initial thought was New Canaan area. If FD goes to the trouble of moving the Suburban to the park to make it look like an abduction, wouldn't he want the location of JD to be consistent with that? He didn't know at the time the blood in the garage would be discovered (or for that matter the bags), so he was presumably all in on staging an abduction in the park. And if burial is in Farmington (or anywhere up here in Hartford County) and JD is found, FD had to realize it's checkmate for him.

On the other hand, he may not know the geography well down in New Canaan, and may have wanted to get back on home turf. Or maybe just lack of forethought. If JD is not in the New Canaan area, I still keep thinking the West Hartford reservoir deserves more attention. For those not local, "reservoir" is a somewhat misleading description. It is vast--probably 3 miles long by a mile wide--almost all woods, and directly accessible on foot out the back of 4 JC. I mountain bike there all the time. If FD selected a spot in advance in the reservoir, could be a long time if ever before JD is found. Only hitch is that he would have to act at night. The reservoir is by no means crowded, but you will encounter a few people on the trails.

MOO

Welcome with your first post.:):):)
I bolded above, thinking the body will be near the park where the car had been left.
It appears, FD staged the murder, to appear that Jennifer disappeared while on a run.
The blood evidence in the garage, led LE to decide the murder occurred there.
Then we have the trash disposal, the clean up after the murder.
MOO.

He's putting the state through it's paces. He's making sure they have reason to keep those items and is forcing them to comply with due process in every way possible.

I dislike NP. Some of his tactics are dishonest IMO. He seems to be a blusterer. Not a fan.

I had to state that because my next sentence is he's a formidable opponent, IMO. He knows what he's doing. He is trying to force the state to explain why they need to retain certain items and by doing so, he may be able to start to piece together what they have of evidentiary value and what they don't.

Hopefully in CT all the state has to do is state the items are part of an on-going investigation.

I will sleuth the issue and get back to you all later on it. Hopefully other attorneys on here (and attorney spouses) can chime in.

Makes sense as it seems as though at this point NP is kinda flying blind, as it would seem to me until they actually charge FD with murder there is a lot of things that the prosecution can hold back

I'm sure he's desperately wanting to find out what they have on FD so that he can plan his eventual defense

Although he would never admit it, I'm pretty confident that he knows where this case is heading no matter what he protests to the media

And there is no doubt in my mind that if you are guilty of killing your wife, someone like NP is who you want to defend you

JMO

Ok, that does make sense, thank you!!

I wondered too if JD’s older ones had phones and if yes, had the app, find my friend or 360 that could track hers. I’m sure that LE looked for these.

I was thinking of that too! An easy way to track someone. This morning they talked about the find my friend app and how a mother used it to find her daughter who had had a car accident and was trapped under a car and in a ditch. It saved her daughter’s life but it can be used for a different purpose.

I wondered how it was the killer (FD or hired gun) knew she was at home after dropping off the kids if the perpetrator didn’t follow her from NCCS. That seems like a plausible way to track someone. Excellent point. I HATE the fact that if true the children were used to do this though. But I don’t know how that app works.

Maybe it's just me but I can't remember a time I put sponges and towels with my spouse's blood in a garbage receptacle anywhere. I'm just sayin'.

It's hard to believe any other evidence would be needed but when you add.....duh, Jennifer is gone, the garage floor is bloody and a car has blood spatter, your guilty mug is on CCTV disposing of the clean-up sponges while your cell phone is with you along with your girlfriend's, you played hide & seek with car tags and you obviously don't have a care in the world about your children being without a mother.....well, you add that all together and you are headed permanently for what our friend, Gordian Knot calls the hoosegow!

Hope the water ski team at the prison wins the championship, pal.

It's hard to believe that a white collar dress shoes and clothes guy would have done the dirty deed. There are plenty of workers and hired hit men, as it was originally supposed, who would do a malevolent deed for enough money. Why were the bags of stuff brought back up? That is a big question. You don't bring incriminating evidence back up to Farmington. Or the criminal worker brings the stuff up, tells FD he did the job but it turned ugly. Why dispose of the bags at 7pm after the busy rush hour when it would have been a better time to dispose of them? Only people trying to get caught would do that.

Question, how does the failure to find the missing body affect a sentence should the husband be convicted?

Makes sense as it seems as though at this point NP is kinda flying blind, as it would seem to me until they actually charge FD with murder there is a lot of things that they can hold back

I'm sure he's desperately wanting to find out what they have on FD so that he can plan his eventual defense

Although he would never admit it, I'm pretty confident that he knows where this case is heading no matter what he protests to the media

And there is no doubt in my mind that if you are guilty of killing your wife, someone like NP is who you want to defend you

JMO

Oh yeah. Like I said awhile back, he isn't really defending the tampering and hindering charges at all. He is defending murder. Right down to his mini opening statement at the bond hearing/arraignment.

Dude is much slicker than I would like him to be.

Good on you for being fair-minded and impartial. Like I post in every case, if my mom was on Websleuths, she'd be posting, "But how do you KNOW..." because that's her.

It's not always the spouse/significant other. It wasn't in Mollie Tibbett's case, for example.

But when you have an individual with a history of animosity and verbal abuse toward his wife, an impending contentious divorce, supervised custody of minor children, complex financial entanglements, and a live-in mistress, you have quite a list of motives for murder. People are suspicious for these reasons, not just because he's the spouse.

IMHO
Also, who on earth would want to bring harm to such a kind and beautiful mother? It’s impossible for me to imagine another suspect.

O

YES! Thank you! That’s probably exactly what he did!
I’ll search his (before alteration) num
It's hard to believe that a white collar dress shoes and clothes guy would have done the dirty deed. There are plenty of workers and hired hit men, as it was originally supposed, who would do a malevolent deed for enough money. Why were the bags of stuff brought back up? That is a big question. You don't bring incriminating evidence back up to Farmington. Or the criminal worker brings the stuff up, tells FD he did the job but it turned ugly. Why dispose of the bags at 7pm after the busy rush hour when it would have been a better time to dispose of them? Only people trying to get caught would do that.

Question, how does the failure to find the missing body affect a sentence should the husband be convicted?
Satisfaction and then panic. Discovered too quickly. MOO

Him being “white collar,” doesn’t mean he can’t be a murderer.

Celebrities and far wealthier individuals than FD, have taken matters into their own hands.

Rage and greed are powerful forces.

Trying to think logically, using our own through processes, isn’t effective in getting inside the head of a guy like him.

The best way to do that, is to look at guys who have committed similar crimes. There is no shortage of examples.

I think his actions were a mix of premeditation, with the coverup being done in a bit of a panic.

The lack of a body will change nothing when it comes to sentencing. The sentencing guidelines and a judge, will determine what is appropriate.

Oh yeah. Like I said awhile back, he isn't really defending the tampering and hindering charges at all. He is defending murder. Right down to his mini opening statement at the bond hearing/arraignment.

Dude is much slicker than I would like him to be.

I'm really curious to see what NP's approach will be if there does end up being a mountain of damning evidence when FD is charged?(like I fully expect there to be)

It's a pro bono case per NP's own words, so I wonder how far he will be willing to go?

Will he see this thing to the end or will he head for the hills?

Ah What am I thinking guys like NP generally have massive egos and think they can win against all odds

Of course he will go down with the proverbial ship no matter how fast it starts taking on water

JMO

Admin Note:

It is Websleuths' policy NOT to name children (unless the child is the victim).

Posts containing the names of the children have been edited. We don't always have time to extend the courtesy of editing your post, so please redact the names of children from any post you make or any article you bring to WS.

Thanks.

Never having murdered anyone myself it’s hard to understand. Apart from self-defense and an instantaneous crime of passion during a fight...a pre-planned crime against the mother of your five kids? That’s just hard to contemplate.

To me it’s not about the lifestyle FD was rocking. It’s more about the massive strain he was under. JDs dad was deceased and no longer fronting him the money to build his ill advised homes. JD had left him after learning of his affair and pretty much had primary custody. He repeatedly thwarted e courts orders not to have his children associate with MT and her child as well as thwarting court orders not to speak to the children in Greek in front of the supervisor. He was being sued by his mother in law for nearly 3 million dollars. His homes were not selling including the marital address.

He was also extremely controlling. Extremely. He had lost control. And was likely to lose more money and more control.

He and JD were to appear in court just a few days before her disappearance. Her moms lawsuit was repeatedly asking for quick books on his business Fore Group that have still not been provided.

I think he motives a plenty. Now would he do it himself? Yes I believe he would. He’s controlling. Could he have hired someone? Possibly. Not sure what he would have provided as collateral.

There have been quite a few guilty verdicts without a body.

LE will be very thorough in building their case and I have faith in all the agencies involved that they will put together the best possible case for the prosecution if he is charged with murder.

I don’t understand how he couldn’t have expected her disappearance to be noticed so quickly. If he didn’t know about her appointments in NYC, then she would have been noticed missing after the kids’ school day was over or shortly thereafter. So either way, her absence would have been noticed in a reasonably short period of time.

Yep it’s petty!

That being said I hate everything about this guy and that most definitely includes his stupid accent !

I guess I’m just petty like that

I don’t hate his accent, and in fact think it’s an element of his dubious “charm”, I suppose. I just hate that he is a cheating, wife-killing s**mbag.

I don’t understand how he couldn’t have expected her disappearance to be noticed so quickly. If he didn’t know about her appointments in NYC, then she would have been noticed missing after the kids’ school day was over or shortly thereafter. So either way, her absence would have been noticed in a reasonably short period of time.
He very well may have expected her disappearance to be discovered quickly.

It does seem that elements of the crime were done in a rush, which would indicate that he knew time was of the essence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member