Silver Alert CT- Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 #9 *ARRESTS*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think FD put the altered plates on the black Suburban and drove to JD's home. Most men in the cul de sac would have already left for work and most women would only have registered a black SUV going up her driveway and would assume it was JD, if they even saw it.
He expected to kill her cleanly, put her in the black SUV and leave. If noticed leaving, again most would assume it was JD leaving and think nothing of it.
Her own black vehicle would remain in the garage all day because the cleaning lady had no reason to go into the garage. It would have been noticed after 7 o'clock pm, when LE checked and had there been no bloody evidence of an assault, the Silver Alert may not have been issued.
Also, there would have been no need to put her vehicle at Waveny Park.
He would have been long gone to disposal of her body and there would have been no need for a dumpster run in Htfd.

However, all changed when her blood hit the floor of the garage and by description, he does not do well with improvisation, he is more of an over planning spread sheet kind of a guy.
I'm torn between this (do we know for sure his Suburban is black?) and he came through the woods on foot through the back of the property and waited for her to come in the garage - and drove her and her SUV to another location - removed her and put the SUV in the park. If her SUV sat in that garage all day - I would imagine any blood spatter would have dried and been difficult to remove. We've heard nothing regarding the forensics of the vehicle and in fact, the missing person bulletin shows just a stock photo - they had her car they could have shown it - Throughout these threads we have speculated it may have had damage - if he struck her with an object to cause that spatter - it could have broken a window or dented something. Good discussion at the end of thread 8 regarding potential theories of how he logistically handled everything on the 24th. IMO

So many cases at WS are so sad, so depressing, and so frustrating!

Despite Jennifer’s case also being sad, depressing, and frustrating, it’s great that FD and NP have given us so much to chuckle about.

In the 15 yrs I’ve been a member at WS, I honestly can’t recall following a case this sad and yet, at the same time, there’s so much to laugh/smh about!

It’s good to occasionally have that relief of laughter when being so involved in missing persons cases.

IMOO

Yah

I hope nobody takes offense at the occasional chuckle, off topic humor etc

I am in no way ever trying to make light of the seriousness of the crimes that have been committed and or trying to take away focus of the victims and their families.

But I will never hesitate to poke fun at a person that commit the evil vile acts that FD has in this case

Sometimes its good to have a chuckle at the suspects expense and some of the comments by NP in this case have been quite......ummmmm....laughable

JMO

I can certainly see it panning out that way, but to play devil's advocate - if he is moving her car to the park then isn't he putting a lot of undue risk on himself by having to get out of JD's car, take off the doctored plates, and put her original plates back onto the Suburban? It just seems like a risky proposition, especially on a warm May day when the park could have people out and about being potential witnesses. It's not everyday you see people changing out their license plates at a park, MOO.
Unless, like ab01 said above, he used magnetic strips to just place over the ones screwed on.

I could see him placing them on & removing them very quickly when no other cars were passing by.

MOO

Thank you for the info. Did they happen to say the source of FD DNA? Or how it was collected? Were you speaking w local LE, or local community members?

Here in New Canaan, you can be sure that the FBI and state crime lab have been very thorough. Processing crime scenes, vehicles and DNA connected to them. One local said that someone had done a thorough job of cleaning in the kitchen, but there was still ample DNA.

In one of the 2 links I posted a short while ago, it said that NP spent time with FD this past weekend, having dinner at the Jefferson Xing house.
:rolleyes:;):D

MOO

I’m wondering if just FD cooked...
or did they cook dinner together?

And what was fixed/served?

MOO

I can certainly see it panning out that way, but to play devil's advocate - if he is moving her car to the park then isn't he putting a lot of undue risk on himself by having to get out of JD's car, take off the doctored plates, and put her original plates back onto the Suburban? It just seems like a risky proposition, especially on a warm May day when the park could have people out and about being potential witnesses. It's not everyday you see people changing out their license plates at a park, MOO.

Just for reference below is the area off of Lapham road that I believe JD's car was abandoned. While its next to Waveny park its not in a big parking lot area. Its a bit surrounded by trees and just a small pull off area. If FD merely had the ficticious plates stuck over top of the originals, I'm assuming that he could have removed them in a fairly inconspicuous manner JMO

upload_2019-6-18_10-33-6.png

upload_2019-6-18_10-33-29.png

I don't think the plates got changed on the Suburban at Waveny Park; think of what was involved in that diversion to buy himself enough hours; that is why he had to have help as it is too much of a stretch for him to alone kill, clean up, drop the Suburban off 3 miles away, double back to Welles and take off in one vehicle. '

From Waveny if you are on foot or bike; out of Waveny park going West; Lapham Rd to 106 to Richmond Hill Rd; to Weed St to Frogtown Rd to Welles Lane; that's a lot of up and down, not easy to jog or bike, especially in the middle of a crime caper. Google Maps

As to where the JD Suburban was left as a possible "abduction" ruse, I would have thought it was left on the shoulder of a secluded partly dirt road, where I saw the previous poster put it doesn't make sense from the standpoint of hoping not to attract notice. And the place I was thinking as a good secluded spot is near the pond they searched. No way would an abduction ever happen at Waveny Park, it is crazy safe, though there have been a couple weird reports of harassment.

Last edited:
Just for reference below is the area off of Lapham road that I believe JD's car was abandoned. While its next to Waveny park its not in a big parking lot area. Its a bit surrounded by trees and just a small pull off area. If FD merely had the ficticious plates stuck over top of the originals, I'm assuming that he could have removed them in a fairly inconspicuous manner JMO

View attachment 189419

View attachment 189420

I get it, some of it seems planned out while other things seem to indicate a rushed attempt to deflect attention. For instance, someone who is on CCTV putting a FedEx box into a sewer drain, and making 30 stops at dumpsters isn't that great at being inconspicuous. Then again, I can't put myself into the mind of a murderer so I won't try to ascribe logic to any of it. JMO and all that jazz.

I'm torn between this (do we know for sure his Suburban is black?) and he came through the woods on foot through the back of the property and waited for her to come in the garage - and drove her and her SUV to another location - removed her and put the SUV in the park. If her SUV sat in that garage all day - I would imagine any blood spatter would have dried and been difficult to remove. We've heard nothing regarding the forensics of the vehicle and in fact, the missing person bulletin shows just a stock photo - they had her car they could have shown it - Throughout these threads we have speculated it may have had damage - if he struck her with an object to cause that spatter - it could have broken a window or dented something. Good discussion at the end of thread 8 regarding potential theories of how he logistically handled everything on the 24th. IMO

Also do we know whether FD still owned the 07 Suburban?, As I know that the plates that were altered were originally licensed to one.

But they were expired, I don't recall was there an 07 suburban listed on current tax records?

Like you said very interesting theory none the less

JMO

ETA It appears that FD did in fact still have a suburban based on the recent filling by NP for return of property

thx

Last edited:
We don't yet know that information that I'm aware of

Many have speculated that he used them on the employees vehicle

I can't think of any reason he would have done that, as that vehicle wasn't registered to him. So I can't think of any reason to use ficticious plates on that vehicle

I think the most likely scenario is that he used them on JD's vehicle while he was moving it from her home to the pull off parking area on the side of Lapham road

But I suppose he could also have used them on his own Raptor for the garbage dump excursion.

A few things that would help clear it up for us, although I'm sure LE already knows

Were the plates simply stuck over top of a vehicles license plates using double sided adhesive tape/adhesive magnet strips, or was one set removed and the other set installed?

Do LE have video of the plates being removed during the garbage dump excursion?

Currently I'm leaning towards the plates being used on JD's suburban as I believe that FD likely had known that there was know way that he could risk being caught driving JD's own vehicle

JMO

While I agree it would make sense that he used them on JDs suburban while moving it, I can’t imagine him unscrewing and replacing the plates with it parked along Latham Road, someone could see him doing that and get suspicious. Plus that’s such a short trip that it seems like he
could get away with it. Someone did point out that he might have just taped them on or used magnets, etc.

Another theory was that FD used them on his own Suburban which he could have driven down from Farmington. We were assuming that he used the employees truck, but since we now know from the recent filing asking for all his stuff back that FD also has a Suburban, he might have used that vehicle because it would draw less attention at the house since it looked like JDs vehicle. The Farmington drive is much longer with potentially license plate readers along the way, so perhaps he was more concerned about being tracked there. In this scenario he would have privacy while screwing/unscrewing the plates.

Also do we know whether FD still owned the 07 Suburban, As I know that the plates that were altered were originally licensed to one.

But they were expired, I don't recall was there and 07 suburban listed on current tax records?

Like you said very interesting theory none the less

JMO

The only thing I find confusing about the idea that they used the stock photo of the Suburban because of damage to the car (broken windshield, for example)while asking for information or anyone who saw the car to contact them is that if there was any kind of identifying factor like that then wouldn't it make sense to say "did you see this car with a broken windshield?" to the public? It would certainly cut down on people calling in every black Suburban they saw.

Here in New Canaan, you can be sure that the FBI and state crime lab have been very thorough. Processing crime scenes, vehicles and DNA connected to them. One local said that someone had done a thorough job of cleaning in the kitchen, but there was still ample DNA.
Thanks!

While I agree it would make sense that he used them on JDs suburban while moving it, I can’t imagine him unscrewing and replacing the plates with it parked along Latham Road, someone could see him doing that and get suspicious. Plus that’s such a short trip that it seems like he
could get away with it. Someone did point out that he might have just taped them on or used magnets, etc.

Another theory was that FD used them on his own Suburban which he could have driven down from Farmington. We were assuming that he used the employees truck, but since we now know from the recent filing asking for all his stuff back that FD also has a Suburban, he might have used that vehicle because it would draw less attention at the house since it looked like JDs vehicle. The Farmington drive is much longer with potentially license plate readers along the way, so perhaps he was more concerned about being tracked there. In this scenario he would have privacy while screwing/unscrewing the plates.

Ok I hadn't seen the recent filling with his listed suburban, I can definitely see that scenario playing out

And like others have stated if it was indeed the same color as JD's then I could definitely get behind a scenario where he parked his inside JD's garage and laid in wait

JMO

It's a very dreary day in Connecticut today. I wonder what the search plan is today.

I wake up every day hoping the other shoe will drop. I really hope there are murder charges soon, with or without her body.

I had a dream last night about a piece of damning evidence found against FD. Maybe a sign I am thinking way too much about this case....

I have been following with all of you and reading your posts, though not commenting much. I do not remember following a case with so many locals posting. Thank you all so much. It makes the case and evidence and scenarios even more interesting because you all add so much to it.

Thanks!:p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member