CO CO - Jaryd Atadero, 3, Comanche Peak, 2 Oct 1999

What's going on? I wonder that myself, for a lot of reasons. Would a child abductor crawl up a steep, rocky incline to deposit clothing, a tooth and a piece of skull? I have my doubts, in MANY directions.

The only thing that would climb such a steep, rocky incline is a puma. Would a sneaker be found looking new? Possibly. Are there any studies on how long it takes a sneaker to age in the environment we are told it was found in?

IMO pedophiles simply do not deposit the bodies of their victims in nearly-inaccesible places. It SEEMS they do try to cover their crimes, but not in such difficult terrain. Predators, however, live there and do carry their food where they can eat it in peace or bring it to their offspring.

No parent wants to admit the death of their child, myself included. Yet, once that death is confirmed, what is the difference between an animal attack and a human attack? Either way the child is still dead. I do NOT understand why this case is being kept alive the way it is, except publicity of some sort? What? Any ideas, especially from our beloved Thunder Street, who hasn't really given any evidence of anything, IMO.

The only thing that would climb such a steep, rocky incline is a puma. Would a sneaker be found looking new? Possibly. Are there any studies on how long it takes a sneaker to age in the environment we are told it was found in?

IMO pedophiles simply do not deposit the bodies of their victims in nearly-inaccesible places. It SEEMS they do try to cover their crimes, but not in such difficult terrain. Predators, however, live there and do carry their food where they can eat it in peace or bring it to their offspring.

No parent wants to admit the death of their child, myself included. Yet, once that death is confirmed, what is the difference between an animal attack and a human attack? Either way the child is still dead. I do NOT understand why this case is being kept alive the way it is, except publicity of some sort? What? Any ideas, especially from our beloved Thunder Street, who hasn't really given any evidence of anything, IMO.
But hikers did climb up there and find the clothing and remains, if their story is true.

I agree the case is a strange one, for the longest I fully believed he was taken by a mountain lion. But if it was a human predator there will hopefully be justice at some point.

Please read the previous posts I've made regarding the animal attack theory. It's been explained numerous times, with mountain lion experts smarter than both of us on the subject attesting that the likelihood of it being a cougar is extremely slim.

IMO pedophiles simply do not deposit the bodies of their victims in nearly-inaccesible places...

Agreed. I don't believe it was the perpetrator either. Even though pedophiles will do anything to cover their crimes. Also, no blood on the clothing.

You'd be ok with a loved one being murdered? You'd just move on never wanting justice? I call BS on that.

And yes, this case is being kept alive but not for fame or fortune. It's so people like you keep talking about it, to keep pressure on the authorities who mucked it up from the beginning, not letting it slip out of public scrutiny because those of us who do care about our fellow man want justice to be done.

As for evidence, I wouldn't report that on a web forum. I am here to get people thinking and talking about this PUBLICLY. Evidence, if found, will be reported to the proper authorities. No need to prove it to anyone here. It needs to be proven in court.

Hello. I have the utmost admiration for you all. It's nice that there are people who take events such as this into their hearts. The details of this case are absolutely disturbing. I need to ask a question and I hope it's not too forward. Has anyone looked into the old sheriff's affiliations in the area?

Hello. I have the utmost admiration for you all. It's nice that there are people who take events such as this into their hearts. The details of this case are absolutely disturbing. I need to ask a question and I hope it's not too forward. Has anyone looked into the old sheriff's affiliations in the area?
Thank you for joining us, BoboMum. :)
And your question is a very good one, I believe they have looked into him but don't recall hearing any particular information regarding that. It could be that it's classified? Maybe Thunderstreet will drop by soon to respond.

And a huge Welcome to Websleuths and to Jaryd's thread !!!

Thank you for asking and welcome to the forum. I don't know of the specific affiliations he had in the area, but he was certainly in a position to know people. His behavior was very suspicious when the clothing was found. In the original case, he was there for the cameras and that's it. When the reporters showed up, so would he and vice versa.

Last January I spoke to a former employee of the sheriff's department, and had asked him about the crime situation in the canyon. His response was surprising and revealing. The people of Poudre Canyon are all in the know about what's going on in the region, which is a difficult area to patrol. Law enforcement needed to cultivate a good old boy relationship with the population in the event they needed informants. Do they suspect drug dealers of moving into the area? The people of the canyon might know. They go up there, have coffee with them, breakfast, etc., thus there was very little stirring of the pot. For this reason, I don't believe they canvassed the canyon at all.

Hi y’all, I’m new to this forum, but I live in Colorado so am familiar with the case. There are so many troubling aspects to this case. The adults are mind blowing. To allow a 3 year old boy to run amuck on a hiking trail? And the fishermen? An unattended child is following you around and you don’t find that odd? You wouldn’t attempt to find the child’s parents? Very weird behavior all the way around.

Hi y’all, I’m new to this forum, but I live in Colorado so am familiar with the case. There are so many troubling aspects to this case. The adults are mind blowing. To allow a 3 year old boy to run amuck on a hiking trail? And the fishermen? An unattended child is following you around and you don’t find that odd? You wouldn’t attempt to find the child’s parents? Very weird behavior all the way around.
Welcome to the thread:) And totally agree with you on all points, I have never been able to wrap my mind around the behavior of the adults in this case. Everything about it is mind blowing, if only one person had acted responsibly that day little Jaryd would most likely still be alive and well today.

Thank you @neesaki. I’m still on the fence about what I personally believe happened to him, even though Thunder Street has opened my mind to the possibility of an abduction. Having said that, I maybe in the minority in that I personally don’t think that the sighting of the child in Mesa Verde Park is likely to be Jaryd. My reasoning is if Jaryd were abducted, why would his abductor take him almost 450 miles away, have him be seen by people, including a Park Ranger (some National Park Rangers, with specialized training and certification are members of LE), only then to return Jaryd’s remains at some later date? I’m not saying that Jaryd didn’t encounter someone with evil intent. I just find it hard to believe he was taken and then returned. If you have the child in your possession, are hundreds of miles away, why go back?

Thank you @neesaki. I’m still on the fence about what I personally believe happened to him, even though Thunder Street has opened my mind to the possibility of an abduction. Having said that, I maybe in the minority in that I personally don’t think that the sighting of the child in Mesa Verde Park is likely to be Jaryd. My reasoning is if Jaryd were abducted, why would his abductor take him almost 450 miles away, have him be seen by people, including a Park Ranger (some National Park Rangers, with specialized training and certification are members of LE), only then to return Jaryd’s remains at some later date? I’m not saying that Jaryd didn’t encounter someone with evil intent. I just find it hard to believe he was taken and then returned. If you have the child in your possession, are hundreds of miles away, why go back?

You are seeing correctly. Though human traffickers will often parade a victim in public to show them that no one is going to help them (as a means to psychologically break them down,) why would a killer go through such lengths to climb a mountain to place clothing at a hotly disputed tracking location that only three people knew about, only to be found(?) by two hikers who waited 24 hours to report their find? We know fleece jackets wouldn't survive four Colorado springs when they experience their craziest weather. With no blood, no decomposition fluids, no identifiable hairs, and human remains only found ten days after a world renowned medical examiner stated on live tv that you'd at least find a tooth, the math only adds up one way.

I can upload some pictures of the clothing and the remains, but I am hesitant about disclosing the exact location of the finds as it poses the risk of lurkers trying to stage publicity stunts.

Attachments

• Jacket and Shoe.jpg
    Jacket and Shoe.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 75
  • Pants.jpg
    Pants.jpg
    117 KB · Views: 83
  • Skull 2.jpg
    Skull 2.jpg
    156.3 KB · Views: 86
  • Tooth.jpg
    Tooth.jpg