Deceased/Not Found IL - Yingying Zhang, 26, Urbana, 9 June 2017 #9 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
tresir2012 said:
I think in the Sydney Loofe case, the perp originally said something like it was a sex act gone wrong and she died, then she was dismembered, so I doubt that was consensual. I haven't got up to date on that case for a while.

That trial started yesterday.

Tuesday, June 18th:
*Trial continues (Day 5) (@ 9am ET) - IL - Yingying Zhang (26) (missing on June 9, 2017, Urbana; not found) - *Brendt A. Christensen (28) indicted (6/30/17) on kidnapping (Federal charge) resulting in death of Yingying & 2 counts of giving false statements to FBI. Plead not guilty. Held without bond. DA will seek DP. Trial started 6/3/19 with jury selection & took until 6/11/19 to pick a jury. Trial should last about a week & a half (was 5 weeks previously). Opening statements expected to start 6/12 Wednesday morning. Judge expects a verdict between June 21 and June 24. If there ends up being a sentencing phase, judge believes it would start on July 8 so the 4th of July wouldn't interfere with the process. 12 jurors & 6 alternates. (7 men & 5 women).
Jury Selection Days 1 to 7 (6/3/19 to 6/7/19) & Trial days 1 to 3 (6/2/19 to 6/14/19) reference post #151 here:
Still Missing - IL - Yingying Zhang, 26, Urbana, 9 June 2017 #9 *Arrest*

6/16/19 Update: The Court Has Ruled That Dr. Zoline’s Testimony is Admissible. Trial continues to Monday, 6/17.
6/17/19 Day 4: Defense filed motion asking court to seek an explanation from the U of I as to why they didn’t comply with a subpoena on BC’s counseling evaluations. Defense suggests UI could be held in contempt, Judge says he will review. State witnesses: FBI Special Agent Huckstadt. Senior FBI Forensic Examiner William O’Sullivan. Prosecutors spent the last hour or so giving a detailed look into Christensen's digital life - his texts, browsing history and social media postings - in the weeks before and after Yingying disappeared. ISP crime scene investigator (no name given). Trial continues to 6/18.

Please tell if there "was" a ISP crime scene investigator on the stand after O'Sullivan's testimony? From what I read on the tweets posted, it was confusing - at least to me! TIA! :)

sadly cannot get this in Europe.. If anything new appears that is not published elsewhere, would someone mind copypasting the relevant bits here for us , please?
Otherwise me 'n @altojack are takin' a plane!

I'm almost packed just incase kitty. Husband asked did I want him to pack for me. Thinking, is there a message there lol.

Im hoping some information from this trial will help give us some hints where he ended up taking Yingying's body. There could be a small hidden clue in the evidence that comes out during the course of the trial.

Im also hoping a successful prosecution will provide at least a small bit of relief for Yingying's family and friends. They need something positive to happen for them.

Tuesday, June 18th:
*Trial continues (Day 5) (@ 9am ET) - IL - Yingying Zhang (26) (missing on June 9, 2017, Urbana; not found) - *Brendt A. Christensen (28) indicted (6/30/17) on kidnapping (Federal charge) resulting in death of Yingying & 2 counts of giving false statements to FBI. Plead not guilty. Held without bond. DA will seek DP. Trial started 6/3/19 with jury selection & took until 6/11/19 to pick a jury. Trial should last about a week & a half (was 5 weeks previously). Opening statements expected to start 6/12 Wednesday morning. Judge expects a verdict between June 21 and June 24. If there ends up being a sentencing phase, judge believes it would start on July 8 so the 4th of July wouldn't interfere with the process. 12 jurors & 6 alternates. (7 men & 5 women).
Jury Selection Days 1 to 7 (6/3/19 to 6/7/19) & Trial days 1 to 3 (6/2/19 to 6/14/19) reference post #151 here:
Still Missing - IL - Yingying Zhang, 26, Urbana, 9 June 2017 #9 *Arrest*

6/16/19 Update: The Court Has Ruled That Dr. Zoline’s Testimony is Admissible. Trial continues to Monday, 6/17.
6/17/19 Day 4: Defense filed motion asking court to seek an explanation from the U of I as to why they didn’t comply with a subpoena on BC’s counseling evaluations. Defense suggests UI could be held in contempt, Judge says he will review. State witnesses: FBI Special Agent Huckstadt. Senior FBI Forensic Examiner William O’Sullivan. Prosecutors spent the last hour or so giving a detailed look into Christensen's digital life - his texts, browsing history and social media postings - in the weeks before and after Yingying disappeared. ISP crime scene investigator (no name given). Trial continues to 6/18.

Please tell if there "was" a ISP crime scene investigator on the stand after O'Sullivan's testimony? From what I read on the tweets posted, it was confusing - at least to me! TIA! :)

"....Also on Monday, an FBI forensic examiner testified that browsing history on Christensen’s cell phone and that no relevant location data was recovered from it."

FBI to probe if scholar was one of 13 victims | SaukValley.com

Found it in the article....

University of Illinois Police Detective Eric Stiverson

Thanks YESorNO! :)

But in those cases it’s done so that the one being deprived of oxygen feels more pleasure.

And generally speaking, in domestic violence situations and apart from sex, men who choke women when angry (as opposed to hitting or pushing) are more likely to eventually end up killing them.

But I’m still not sure what the psychology of strangulation as a means of killing actually is. I’m not sure it matters, but I could be wrong.
None of my friends ever done that. So I'm guessing it is the circle of friends...never done research either.

It's a dangerous fetish.

He was obviously texting Michelle while he had YY...
I wonder whether YY was still alive at that stage?
If someone was on a blind psychotic rampage, why would they read and reply to texts?
Suggests they were at least more than a tad coherent?
It would require a pause ...
We had a horrible murder in Ireland couple of years ago, Graham Dwyer case. He threw phones in a riverbed where they lay for a year or so, hot summer, river dried up, stuff all found by passersby. Cops were able to get metadata from phones...
FBI got nothing, they said... That is seriously not making sense.
Nor is- the FBI managed to get 'some' of his deleted browsing history'

I don't think he was blind or on a psychotic rampage but coldly calculated psychopathic one.

Christensen trial | 'They have the bat I hit her in the head with'
Later in April, after visiting a question-and-answers section of FetLife on abduction fantasies and the basics of abduction, he responded to a woman's request for a consensual abduction.
He said he'd gag her, put her in a large duffel bag and take her to a motel.

He also said he was looking into a letter of consent in case the police or someone else accused him of something illicit
LIVE: The trial of Brendt Christensen, Day 5
The request was made June 13, four days after Christensen kidnapped Ms. Zhang, because “the grout has been peeling for quite some time and it’s getting a lot worse. There’s mold.”

Clark said there was mold and mildew in some joints and some caulk peeling, but the grout appeared to be in normal condition.

UIPD detective Tom Geis testified about searching Christensen’s safety deposit box at Busey Bank. His passport, lease agreement, a tax form, wedding certificate, vehicle registration and birth certificate were in there.
Emily Hogan, the UI grad student who said she was approached by a man the morning Ms. Zhang went missing, also testified, repeating much of what she said at a pretrial hearing in December.

“I’m an undercover cop,” the man told her. “Could I ask you some questions?”

She said yes to what she described as a white male in his early 30s with short dark hair and clean shaven. He was also wearing aviators.

Elsewhere Tuesday, judge James Shadid ordered attorneys for the University of Illinois to appear at the courthouse Monday and bring documents related to Christensen's treatment at the school's counseling center.

BI Special Agent Katherine Tenaglia testifies that she was in contact with Michelle Christensen throughout, helped her get a hotel room the night of the search warrant executed @WCIA3
Tenaglia says the first time FBI agents showed up at their door, BC asked Michelle what he should do, and she told him to go with them
Aaron Eades

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members