So happy that I found Websleuths

Capp

Reaction score
Hello from Florida. I enjoy true crime TV shows especially ones that involve disappearances. It's heart-wrenching to think about these poor people who seem to have just vanished into thin air and what their families are still going through. Very sad. I wish that I could help them.

I believe that one day, all truth will be known. Someone, somewhere knows precisely what happened to the missing person.

I don't know that I'd have anything to add to help find anyone missing, but it's fascinating reading of these very puzzling cases. They get me thinking about possible motives, and who the perpetrator might be.

Anyway, I just wanted to say hello to everyone. Thank you to Admin. for providing this website.

Hello from Florida. I enjoy true crime TV shows especially ones that involve disappearances. It's heart-wrenching to think about these poor people who seem to have just vanished into thin air and what their families are still going through. Very sad. I wish that I could help them.

I believe that one day, all truth will be known. Someone, somewhere knows precisely what happened to the missing person.

I don't know that I'd have anything to add to help find anyone missing, but it's fascinating reading of these very puzzling cases. They get me thinking about possible motives, and who the perpetrator might be.

Anyway, I just wanted to say hello to everyone. Thank you to Admin. for providing this website.
Welcome to Ws Capp!
Sometimes just posting about missing persons is helpful to the families because it can bring awareness and even tips to an otherwise forgotten case!

Last edited:
Fellow Floridian here as well, I felt the same way as you did about "how could I help", However after help Identifying 2 people and help track one Missing teen for LE, it is very rewarding yet sad. I've made life long friends here and regardless of any political beliefs or background, helping find names for the nameless always brings people together. We are so grateful to have you here and please ask if you need help where to start.

Thank you everyone, fr your welcome. I suppose just keeping the cold-cases, the missing in the forefront, keeping their cases alive helps the missing and their families. I hadn't thought of it in that way.

Fellow Floridian here as well, I felt the same way as you did about "how could I help", However after help Identifying 2 people and help track one Missing teen for LE, it is very rewarding yet sad. I've made life long friends here and regardless of any political beliefs or background, helping find names for the nameless always brings people together. We are so grateful to have you here and please ask if you need help where to start.

Shin--that is AWESOME!! Well done! How does one get involved in helping the police on these kinds of cases.

Shin--that is AWESOME!! Well done! How does one get involved in helping the police on these kinds of cases.
In my experience it goes like this, for unidentified individuals, someone will start a thread, then we all brainstorm and bring our findings and theories to the table. We each critique it until it gets a little bit more solid. Then if everyone agrees it could be a match, then you can call (If comfortable) or email the agency in charge of the case. Thru the years i've learned to have everything kinda written down, and my thought process on how and why I think its a certain individual. Some are responsive, some are not.

I never take it personally of course. When you are onto something, they tend to let you know.. but remember, your just a fact finder..

As for missing people, the rule of thumb is this in my opinion... track their social media, history etc.. just don't get too involved. I try not to talk to family unless they have a FB missing page and "THEY" are the administrators. Or if I see them being scammed by this overseas thing going on lately.. Outside of that, If I find something of note, like they have a dating site profile being active after they went missing, or on someone elses FB page, I just forward that info to the police.

Remember, you can always ask what to do if you stumble on something here. Read the "Terms of Service". I've had inside info on cases like Hania Aguilar, but could only drop bread crumbs and talk in private chats about it..

and remeber this is just my opinion.. others might have different insight if I left anything else out. I try to think about it in a way from my experiences being a manager in HR, and how I think people react or think.. You have those same unique traits from your path in life so let it serve you on here.. we are always around..

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back