Silver Alert CT- Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 #9 *ARRESTS*

Status
Not open for further replies.
You may be right, but the OJ case is legendary transcends time and has been on as a TV movie recently, and both attorney and JD are of the age to recognize the similarities. I instantly thought of the OJ case when the divorce filings became known with the FD temper and the JD fear of him, and the judge not recognizing the potential danger JD was in... I thought the glove was just to show he always uses a glove, but a subtle reference to an acquittal would be clever. "If it fits you must acquit."
I don't think NP is that clever, definitely setting up "normalcy routines" to justify garbage dumping with some possible glove scenario as evidence....
I did not realize it was on tv recently, I don't have cable, but it's possible that he might have had that in mind.

I do think this guy is fairly intelligent, and it took some careful planning in order to carry out the crime.
But the scenario of the jealous ex-husband and father has been around for ages.

He was likely infuriated that his control of his wife and kids was taken away from him. It was bad enough that he got divorced from the mother of his children, but to have a judge tell him he could only visit with his children under the supervision of a guardian had to be the ultimate humiliation.

For someone who is controlling and narcissistic, this would have a tremendous effect on him.

I think in his mind the only person to blame was his ex-wife. He was probably filled with a jealous, angry rage towards her and the only way to go on with his life with this other women was to get rid of the mother of his children and the financial burden associated with her.
Imo

As a local could you give us an idea how thick the Norton River wooded area is that’s located directly behind JD’s home? From lot line maps I see 2 roads running somewhat parallel and behind Welles Lane. I believe one road is named Indian Spring and the other Spring Water? It appears the Norton River wooded area runs through the homes located on theses streets as well? There are at least 2 homes for sale that have been on the market for quite sometime on the above mentioned roads. Both homes also have access to this wooded area. Are these homes vacant? Are there any other areas in and around Welles Lane where a person could access the wooded area without being observed?
I'm not familiar with the details of the properties but I can tell you that at this time of year, the woods that you are referring to would be very difficult to walk through. You could probably do it but you'd likely get cut up, tons of poison ivy (I know he was reported to have a case) tick bytes, etc. Plus there's a lot of wild life around so it is not likely a quick way to have gotten anywhere based on all of those things, but there could be some paths that people have carved out that I don't know about. As for the River, again, because most of that area is on private property I don't have first hand knowledge but I can tell you that many of the Rivers that run to the Long Island Sound are nothing more than streams in parts of New Canaan, and I don't think it's likely that there was any boat option from the woods behind Welles because it would probably be too narrow and shallow but it's not first hand, more a sense based on other water patterns at private houses that I have been to in the general area.

Oh, it’s ok. He’s got the intern
And IIRC, he also has a partner that was in court with him, plus the intern.

(I watched the court video several times and I couldn't help but notice how difficult it was for NP's partner to even keep his eyes open. There was times I thought he was about to fall asleep and fall right over). LOL

I'm not familiar with the details of the properties but I can tell you that at this time of year, the woods that you are referring to would be very difficult to walk through. You could probably do it but you'd likely get cut up, tons of poison ivy (I know he was reported to have a case) tick bytes, etc. Plus there's a lot of wild life around so it is not likely a quick way to have gotten anywhere based on all of those things, but there could be some paths that people have carved out that I don't know about. As for the River, again, because most of that area is on private property I don't have first hand knowledge but I can tell you that many of the Rivers that run to the Long Island Sound are nothing more than streams in parts of New Canaan, and I don't think it's likely that there was any boat option from the woods behind Welles because it would probably be too narrow and shallow but it's not first hand, more a sense based on other water patterns at private houses that I have been to in the general area.
Google Maps
upload_2019-6-18_16-34-33.png
I didn't try to zoom in - but it looks pretty thick like what you described - the 61 sturbridge is a fore group house if my map is remembering properly.

Mods, please forgive me if this question is considered O/T

@gitana1 , How important is it for 1) a client to be honest with their lawyer(s), and 2) a lawyer(s) to believe in their client? especially in a case such as this?

I understand that most lawyers would defend their client against any charges that are brought against them and that if a lawyer believes that a client is actually guilty, he would not take the case but, then you have NP...

Thank you in advance

Bailee

It's super important that a client be honest with their lawyer and it's grounds to withdraw if they're not.

It is not at all common for criminal defense attorneys to ask their clients of they did it. It is also not important for criminal defense attorneys to believe their client is innocent. But it is important that they believe what their client tells them, otherwise it can be super hard to adequately represent them.

It's super important that a client be honest with their lawyer and it's grounds to withdraw if they're not.

It is not at all common for criminal defense attorneys to ask their clients of they did it. It is also not important for criminal defense attorneys to believe their client is innocent. But it is important that they believe what their client tells them, otherwise it can be super hard to adequately represent them.

Innocent or guilty, it is their job to defend.. Duh, I forgot that part. :rolleyes: A criminal defense lawyer's job is to get no time or as little time as possible.

I guess it is just hard for me to wrap my head around wanting to defend someone that is guilty of a heinous crime.

Thank you for answering :)

MOO

I did not realize it was on tv recently, I don't have cable, but it's possible that he might have had that in mind.

I do think this guy is fairly intelligent, and it took some careful planning in order to carry out the crime.
But the scenario of the jealous ex-husband and father has been around for ages.

He was likely infuriated that his control of his wife and kids was taken away from him. It was bad enough that he got divorced from the mother of his children, but to have a judge tell him he could only visit with his children under the supervision of a guardian had to be the ultimate humiliation.

For someone who is controlling and narcissistic, this would have a tremendous effect on him.

I think in his mind the only person to blame was his ex-wife. He was probably filled with a jealous, angry rage towards her and the only way to go on with his life with this other women was to get rid of the mother of his children and the financial burden associated with her.
Imo
Sadly they are still married.

No way. I kind of said that facetiously. He's a nut but a smart one. Meaning he knows he is unlikely to get any evidence seized returned (unless they truly don;t need it), but these are smart motions because: 1) He is forcing the state to prove that his client's due process laws have been protected in the process. This is the primary goal of any criminal defense attorney when their client is guilty; 2) He is trying to get whatever info, no matter how small, regarding the possible evidentiary value of items seized because at this stage of the game, the state doesn't have to divulge anything to him with regard to the murder investigation. And besides letting him know what evidence they have and eventually letting him have copies or access to evidence that will be used in the current tampering and hindering case, the time has not come for the state to divulge their theories or what the state believes the evidence shows as to those charges either.

He's putting the state through its paces. He's not going to get anything back that is part of the investigation. Not now. But he knows what he's doing.
It really does seem like it's all part of a game.
But even so, that the defense is asking for the evidence to be released to him still does not guarantee that the prosecution will give them the details they are looking for, does it?

If LE is not obligated to tell them any details about the investigation, what good does it do?

Doesn't the fact that the warrant was approved by a judge show probable cause? Or are they just fishing for information?
And if so, what information can the prosecution give to him that will help with the defense?

@NBCConnecticut
: Aid to the commissioner overseeing
@CT_STATE_POLICE
@LtFoley
offers insight into how state/local investigators are approaching the search for answers in the disappearance of missing mother of five #JenniferDulos #NBCCT (link: https://www.nbcconnecticut.com/news/local/Police-Provide-Update-on-Dulos-Investigation-511472472.html) nbcconnecticut.com/news/local/Pol…

0:36

“Everyone wants to know what evidence was found in the case but understand with evidence in these types of cases that evidence is only known to the suspect the victim and investigators and sharing it publicly is a defense attorney’s dream,” Foley said.“

Damn straight. Don’t give Pattis his dream.

The last thing I want this guy to have is something substantial to talk about.

Sadly they are still married.
Even more reason to want to be rid of her!
They had all the custody and financial issues yet to be worked out in court, and it did not seem to be going his way so far.

It may have worked out in his favor that they were still legally married at the time of her death.

If he had not murdered her, that is.
Imo

Last edited:
“Everyone wants to know what evidence was found in the case but understand with evidence in these types of cases that evidence is only known to the suspect the victim and investigators and sharing it publicly is a defense attorney’s dream,” Foley said.“

Damn straight. Don’t give Pattis his dream.

The last thing I want this guy to have is something substantial to talk about.
Take that NP. He’s not included as one of those three parties of knowledge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JR Rainwater