Silver Alert CT- Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 #9 *ARRESTS*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Innocent or guilty, it is their job to defend.. Duh, I forgot that part. :rolleyes: A criminal defense lawyer's job is to get no time or as little time as possible.

I guess it is just hard for me to wrap my head around wanting to defend someone that is guilty of a heinous crime.

Thank you for answering :)

MOO

Well the honest ones will tell you three things about defending their clients:

1. It's not about getting them the least amount of time, necessarily. It's about forcing the government to comply with constitutional due process protections.

2. There may be various motivators that justify a lesser sentence. It's always really a process between the state and the defense to come to a reasonable consequence and the state will usually ask for the most they can get even if that's not reasonable under the circumstances.

3. We have an unequal system of justice in the US that favors certain people and penalizes others. Defense attorneys are well aware and work to remedy that. That wouldn't apply here but it applies usually.

1. It's not about getting them the least amount of time, necessarily. It's about forcing the government to comply with constitutional due process protections.

2. There may be various motivators that justify a lesser sentence. It's always really a process between the state and the defense to come to a reasonable consequence and the state will usually ask for the most they can get even if that's not reasonable under the circumstances.

3. We have an unequal system of justice in the US that favors certain people and penalizes others. Defense attorneys are well aware and work to remedy that. That wouldn't apply here but it applies usually.
Exactly. My crim defense atty friends say that they protect the innocent by defending the guilty. Gotta keep the govt in check. The moment the state doesn’t have to follow the rules to convict FD and other guilties, they won’t have to follow rules at all and can blame and convict whoever they want.

I couldn’t do it but they a play a very critical role in our justice system. Love them or hate them but we need them.

(I know you know this, @gitana1 )

I believe the realtor photos of her home show an alarm system control panel on the mudroom side of the door between the garage and the mudroom. Even if not armed, it could have a door sensor that would record when that door was opened and this information could be retrieved from the alarm company files
I'm a local. It's a heavily wooded area but IMO totally feasible to run through the woods. Long pants definitely recommended to avoid poison ivy, scratches and ticks. Houses are well spaced out and vegetation is thick so as long as someone stayed in the woods and didn't trek across people's yards I expect it would be relatively easy to avoid detection.
I agree regarding the detection risk although there is that and it would be very odd to see a man walking through those woods. But I tried to get a basketball out of the woods the other day in that general area close to the house and it was not a ‘ten minute mile’ pace to do so. I think it is impossible without getting hurt to move at a pace that would be a) rapid or b) predictable in a planned event. JMO

All the attention to searching the garbage place would certainly point to there being something critical there. But I’m leaning more toward the murder weapon rather than a body. I just don’t think he had the time to ... conduct that sort of thing. He strikes me as lazy.

LE could very well have found many pieces in the garbage place which they have chosen not to divulge until finishing the search. I'm counting on that even if it's just more bits of sponge and towels with Jennifer's DNA.

I wonder if they've taken the children to the house to go over the remaining towels and figure out how many are missing. The housekeeper would also be helpful with this and it just adds to the little circumstantial building blocks for the case.

Last edited:
I agree regarding the detection risk although there is that and it would be very odd to see a man walking through those woods. But I tried to get a basketball out of the woods the other day in that general area close to the house and it was not a ‘ten minute mile’ pace to do so. I think it is impossible without getting hurt to move at a pace that would be a) rapid or b) predictable in a planned event. JMO
Seems most likely to me that somebody picked him up after he jogged thru the park to a nearby location.

So the two lawyers representing FD in the lawsuit his father-in-law’s estate filed against him ($2.5M for construction loans) filed to withdraw representation today.

The reasons?
One lawyer cited a breakdown in relationship between lawyer and client.

The other lawyer cited age and change of practice. (Little Bitty: Okeedokee)
—————————
Search of Hartford trash plant in missing mom case hits 2-week mark
Wow - this is the first I'm hearing of this.

jmo

This is the worst feeling and situation in the world. I had an awful feeling today. I saw it going cold. I love all of you. Keep going, if you can! ❤️
Hang in there. Despite the fact that it's gone cold for us I think LE is hot on his trail. Really. They've got him under control. Scouring the landfill, the videos, and running all the tips. Only a matter of time, IMO.

LE could very well have found many pieces in the garbage place which they have chosen not to divulge until finishing the search. I'm counting on that even if it's just more bits of sponge and towels with Jennifer's DNA.

I wonder if they've taken the children to the house to go over the remaining towels and figure out how many are missing. The housekeeper would also be helpful with this and it just adds to the little circumstantial building blocks for the case.

Earlier on when they first started searching there was a MSM piece about search dogs, and they mentioned using dogs that are trained to detect electronics. They might also be looking for JDs phone

Exactly. My crim defense atty friends say that they protect the innocent by defending the guilty. Gotta keep the govt in check. The moment the state doesn’t have to follow the rules to convict FD and other guilties, they won’t have to follow rules at all and can blame and convict whoever they want.

I couldn’t do it but they a play a very critical role in our justice system. Love them or hate them but we need them.

(I know you know this, @gitana1 )

Thank you so much for explaining this in layman’s terms!
I actually understood this :)

Bailee

JMHO, but a couple of days without new active, obvious searches does not equal "cold" to me. LE is following up on tips and looking at many hours of surveillance video. Rome was not built in a day, and neither are criminal cases. MOO

Hang in there. Despite the fact that it's gone cold for us I think LE is hot on his trail. Really. They've got him under control. Scouring the landfill, the videos, and running all the tips. Only a matter of time, IMO.

Thats’s basically what the CT State Police said today, it’s not cold yet, likely getting warmer...

“Everyone wants to know what evidence was found in the case but understand with evidence in these types of cases that evidence is only known to the suspect the victim and investigators and sharing it publicly is a defense attorney’s dream,” Foley said.”

State Police Provide Update on Dulos Investigation

Wow-I’ve never heard of this; just another way that dogs are amazing!

Here’s the article about the dogs they’re using. Lots about tracking electronics, plus they can detect human scent even if the body is under water. K9 teams are amazing. They also can remember the scent for years, there are cases where they’re out in public and find the perpetrator while walking down the sidewalk years later because they were trained on the scent.

State Police K9 Teams Hard at Work During Dulos Case

I'm a local. It's a heavily wooded area but IMO totally feasible to run through the woods. Long pants definitely recommended to avoid poison ivy, scratches and ticks. Houses are well spaced out and vegetation is thick so as long as someone stayed in the woods and didn't trek across people's yards I expect it would be relatively easy to avoid detection.

Happy to have another local !!!

Welcome to Websleuths !!!

Seems most likely to me that somebody picked him up after he jogged thru the park to a nearby location.
There are a few options. If FD parked the red truck at the park in the morning, he only needed to walk to the house once, then he could drive JD's car back down to the park. He also could have parked the red truck at a halfway point, or anywhere where he could walk downhill and drive uphill. He was there just a couple of days earlier. IMHO, he scoped it out thoroughly then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23