Kyron Horman Discussion Thread 2017-2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

BBM: Wow ... I don't remember hearing about this blue tote, so thanks.

IIRC, the info about the tote wasn’t reported in the news. It was a detail that was noticed and reported to MCSO during the beginning of this case.

In a few photos, the large, blue Rubbermaid tote was shown on the Horman front porch. It was mentioned (by TMH) that the tote was used at the Horman home and kept on the front porch for recycling. The photos of the tote were posted on TMH’s Facebook wall. After Kyron went missing, the tote was no longer on the porch or around the home. Someone close to the case said that the tote was missing from the home.

It is my theory and opinion only what the tote was used for that day, but I believe it was used to transport the large science project to the school since it was raining that morning and due to the truck already being already full with 4 passengers and a baby car seat. After that, it’s anyone's guess.

The photos of the tote were posted on TMH’s Facebook on May 27, 2010, eight days before Kyron went missing.
https://www.facebook.com/terri.horman

This is my opinion only.

ETA: Photo #1 was cropped (by me) to edit out child’s face.

Attachments

• 1E8DD42E-5CA1-45C0-8079-6E75099A54B1.jpeg
    1E8DD42E-5CA1-45C0-8079-6E75099A54B1.jpeg
    75.2 KB · Views: 47
  • 59FFF275-6B21-487F-9F96-CA60D2E4C7AA.jpeg
    59FFF275-6B21-487F-9F96-CA60D2E4C7AA.jpeg
    97.9 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:
IIRC the science projects were brought to the school the day before the silence fair so they were set up and ready the next morning. Also only 3 people and a car seat went the morning of the silence fair, THM, Kyron and the baby.

That’s what I initially thought too, that the projects were set up the day before but there was some speculation on that since TMH told her husband, KH that’s why she needed to use his truck that day to transport the project to the school? I could be wrong on that though.
JMO

IIRC the science projects were brought to the school the day before the silence fair so they were set up and ready the next morning. Also only 3 people and a car seat went the morning of the silence fair, THM, Kyron and the baby.

Also, as I recall TMH also picked up and took Kyron’s classmate, (the neighbor boy) to school with them that morning.

I believe she told him she needed the truck so she could bring the project home that day.
That’s what I initially thought too, that the projects were set up the day before but there was some speculation on that since TMH told her husband, KH that’s why she needed to use his truck that day to transport the project to the school? I could be wrong on that though.
JMO

I suppose they did, not sure if that was in the timeline.

IIRC, in an earlier thread (waaaayy earlier) someone said that all of the projects had been picked up except for Kyron's. Which makes me even freaking sadder. I haven't been able to find where KH gives an explanation for why and how TH was asking to use the truck. I agree that the truck would be more inconspicuous driving around on back roads and getting into possibly dirt/muddy roads and more capable of carrying blue tote (?)/three kids (?)/stroller(?)/car seats for at least two kids.

I have lots of thoughts still rattling around in my head.

Do we know if any of the Moulton's or DDS had public storage spaces? I'm sure LE would have checked into this but if TH is as sly as she thinks she is, I feel like this could be a possibility (are we allowed to sleuth on either of them???). Sorry, still trying to learn what's off limits.

IIRC, in an earlier thread (waaaayy earlier) someone said that all of the projects had been picked up except for Kyron's. Which makes me even freaking sadder. I haven't been able to find where KH gives an explanation for why and how TH was asking to use the truck. I agree that the truck would be more inconspicuous driving around on back roads and getting into possibly dirt/muddy roads and more capable of carrying blue tote (?)/three kids (?)/stroller(?)/car seats for at least two kids.

I have lots of thoughts still rattling around in my head.

The science projects were already at the school so there was no need to take Kyron's project in on the day he went missing. I heard it said somewhere on one of the shows about Kyron, and I also read it in news reports years ago, that Terri told Kaine she needed the truck to pick up Kyron's project that afternoon. But she never went back at the end of the school day to get it....and had no plans to pick up Kyron either.
I find that to be very telling....

The science projects were already at the school so there was no need to take Kyron's project in on the day he went missing. I heard it said somewhere on one of the shows about Kyron, and I also read it in news reports years ago, that Terri told Kaine she needed the truck to pick up Kyron's project that afternoon. But she never went back at the end of the school day to get it....and had no plans to pick up Kyron either.
I find that to be very telling....
Well there you have it. That tells it doesn't it?
That was a dumb mistake on her part.

well, it's unfortunately still working for her....
It's certainly a piece of the puzzle. I guess it's not enough to charge her for murder tho. Apparently there's no or not enough evidence (other than he's gone under her watch and hatred of him) that he is deceased.
But I do highly suspect she either did it or had it done. There just needs to be supportive evidence enough that the DA is willing to take it to trial.
It's coming.

This post is from a 4-page Websleuth’s thread from November 2010 where there was a discussion about the truck. The post by member ‘BeanE’ provides a transcript of a portion of an early audio interview that Kaine and Desiree gave to the Oregonian.

**The audio interview with Kaine and Desiree is approx 26 minutes long and linked below. It’s well worth a listen...it’s been so long ago.

“In the Dateline piece on Kyron on Friday November 12, 2010, there was some new info on the project going to the school Friday morning versus Thursday afternoon.

There's no video or transcript available yet, but from some members recall from the show the child (CL) saying that he saw Terri/Kyron bringing Kyron's project into the school on Friday morning.

Here's some reference info:

Reporter: And the truck is yours and the Mustang is hers. And so she was driving your truck. Why was she driving your truck that day?

Kaine: Um... it was supposedly to pick up his science project. That's what she told me, and that's part of her story that makes no sense.

Reporter: Why would she need the truck to pick up his science... I mean, it's not like this enormous thing, right?

Kaine: Eh... she took it to drop it off too. If, if... Her trunk is relatively small. And it was just (unintelligible because Desiree interrupts and talks over him)... damage...

Desiree: (interrupts) Yeah. It wouldn't have fit in the car.

Kaine: It might have fit but there was concern about damage with the diorama and that. With the truck you can put it in the back of the cab, and prop it up nice, and you can put the diorama on the seat and there's no risk of damage.

So she took it in the truck too.

Reporter: So why wouldn't that story make any sense then?

Kaine: um... because she went to take him to drop him off for the science fair and the display... it had to be on display for, until 10 o'clock.

So why would she go drop him off and then leave him there and leave with the truck and not pick up the science project? That makes no sense to me at all... now. Didn't think anything of it at the time.

She, her story was that they had walked through and done the project on Thursday, which I believe they had done.

Desiree: (interrupts) Yeah. Correct.

Kaine: They had done their reports on Thursday but it still had to be on display for the science fair.

Desiree: Correct.

Kaine: So she dropped him off, and took, took the truck to drop him off and pick it up, but because it had to stay there, she left without the project, and you know, thinking about it now, it's like, well, why would you need the truck to pick it up if it had to stay there? You pick it up after school.

Reporter: Right. And the project was already up before she took him off to school that morning. I gotcha.

Kaine: Yes. Yes. So, take the truck after school to go pick him up and the project, but why would you go pick up the project at 8:45 before the science fair even starts. Makes no sense.

Desiree: She had...

Reporter: (interrupts) Obviously, it sounds like there's a more sinister motive for her to have this truck.

Desiree: Well, and she had emailed me during that day to let me know she was gonna find out when she could pick up the project so that I could see it.

So she obviously didn't know when she was supposed to pick it up.

Kaine: Yeah. Well, she was pretty concrete that she was picking it up that morning when she was dropping him off. So that's...

Again, you start to get into her story versus what law enforcement has as fact and her story is all over the place.

And law enforcement has different information that's more factual.

But that's what we have from Terri.”

25 minute audio interview with the Oregonian

4:10 - July 2010

http://media.oregonlive.com/portland_impact/audio/interview.mp3

Link to WS thread (November 2010) discussion of TMH and the truck: Truck/project on Thursday afternoon Revisit w/new 2010.11.12 Dateline info

Last edited:
I suppose they did, not sure if that was in the timeline.
Here is a partial transcript I did from an old YouTube video with Kaine and Desiree giving an interview.

I'll include the link knowing the whole video will insert, but maybe some people will prefer to hear it for themselves.

Beginning transcript at about 11:21:

Reporter: A couple of last things—did the science project ever come home?

Kaine: No.

Reporter: It never came home?

Kaine: No, I don’t think so.

Desiree: No. I don’t think it can. It’s part of the investigation.

Reporter: No, I mean—she took the truck that day because she wanted to transport the science project.

Kaine: No, it never came home.

Reporter: That never came home. Did his backpack and coat ever come home?

Kaine: When we picked it up from the school.

Reporter:
Okay. So, that remained at the school?

Kaine: Yep, that was at school.

Just to add to my post above, that Dateline episode which aired in November 2010 was a follow-up show to the NBC Dateline special ‘Kyron Horman, Little Boy Lost’ a few months earlier.

For some reason, the November episode was removed online by NBC shortly after it aired. There may still be a transcript posted somewhere?

IMO, maybe there was something said in one of the interviews during that show that LE didn’t want made public and so it was removed? The original Dateline ‘Little Boy Lost’ is still available online.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member