Found Safe Mexico - Jessy Pacheco, 29, US citizen, friend he was with found dead, Guadalajara, 15 Jun 2019

GuyfromCanada

Reaction score
VAN BUREN, Ark. (KFSM) — A Van Buren man is missing in Mexico, according to his family and friends.

[...]

After walking in his graduation, Pacheco spent time in Mexico celebrating. His family says he was last seen on Saturday (June 15) at a club called Strana. The friend he was with was found dead, according to Pacheco's family.

<modsnip: snipped to comply with 10% copyright rule>

[...]

Van Buren Man Reported Missing In Mexico, Family Searching For Answers

Last edited by a moderator:
More info.

jessy-pacheco-1560900651.jpg

Saturday night, Pacheco was celebrating with a group of friends at Club Strana. Family members say Pacheco was waiting on an UBER driver with his friend. Family members told 40/29 News that friend was found dead a few blocks away and that he had been shot in the head. No one has heard from the 290year-old doctor since.

Van Buren doctor missing in Mexico

jessy pacheco

VAN BUREN, Ark. —
Jessy Pacheco was last seen in Guadalajara, Jalisco Mexico on Saturday.

The 29 year-old man played soccer and graduated from Van Buren High School. Family members told 40/29 News he recently graduated from medical school in Mexico, and returned last week to receive his diploma.

"He's a U.S. citizen, he's a doctor, he's young and we need to save him," said his cousin's wife, Francine Solis. "We're praying that he's still alive and we can get him back."

Pacheco's cousin, Jeff Solis, spoke with him last week before he left Van Buren, "He's an amazing guy, he's a person that gets along with everybody and he's always there for everybody. I'm very proud of him to achieve such a goal and to hear this news is so devastating to me."

rbbm.
Fort Smith man missing in Jalisco, Mexico
"He went to a local club in Jalisco with friends to celebrate," said Natalie Herrera a friend, "Jesse and Carlos [Delgadillo] were the last ones to leave the club from their group of friends."

The two men left the Strana Nightclub around 3 a.m. on June 16, and that's the last time Pacheco was seen, according to sources. Delgadillo, a U.S. citizen, was found dead having been shot and beaten, according to Herrera.

It's believed the men were possible attempted kidnapping victims, according to family.

I wonder why they think the two men would be kidnapping victims? Ransom? I would think the family would have heard something if so. Doesn’t seem likely to me. It is weird that his friend was found, but not Jessy.
So sad. He is just about to start a medical career. I hope he is found ok.

More info.

Saturday night, Pacheco was celebrating with a group of friends at Club Strana. Family members say Pacheco was waiting on an UBER driver with his friend. Family members told 40/29 News that friend was found dead a few blocks away and that he had been shot in the head. No one has heard from the 290year-old doctor since.

Most likely, the car they got into was not the Uber. The new information about his friend does not make me feel very hopeful that Jessy will be found alive. Poor guys.

So he spent how much time living there and going to medical school? Only to disappear while returning for his graduation and a bit of celebrating. Ironically tragic. And, scary that his friend was shot and killed almost right away. I agree that finding Jessy alive would be a miracle after all that. Trying to think of a reason one man would be killed and the other missing, other than not positive ones.

So he spent how much time living there and going to medical school? Only to disappear while returning for his graduation and a bit of celebrating. Ironically tragic. And, scary that his friend was shot and killed almost right away. I agree that finding Jessy alive would be a miracle after all that. Trying to think of a reason one man would be killed and the other missing, other than not positive ones.
rbbm.
Unlikely, but one hope would be that they kidnapped the doctor for his medical expertise.

Most likely, the car they got into was not the Uber. The new information about his friend does not make me feel very hopeful that Jessy will be found alive. Poor guys.

Or maybe worse that it was the Uber and maybe some cartel gang has infiltrated/threatened some of their local Uber drivers to let them control certain ride requests coming in. Like if a ride request comes in for a certain type of client then maybe some Uber drivers are told to call a Cartel contact and the contact is the one that makes the call if the driver can pickup the ride or if the Cartel will handle the pickup themselves.

I dont know if anything like that has ever happened anywhere but I am assuming that a Cartel with this type of arrangement could have many motives for doing so.

*Abduct and hold tourist(s) for large ransom

*Abduct female tourists for rape motive

*Rob tourist(s) of their money they have on hand and then let them go while threatening them to not tell anyone what happened or they will end up dead.
The threats would scare most people into staying silent because the cartel could even threaten to harm them back in their home country if they ever tell anyone since the cartel has connections to lots of places.

rbbm.
Unlikely, but one hope would be that they kidnapped the doctor for his medical expertise.
I thought of that too, but that's assuming also that they knew/know he's a doctor. And if he was partying with friends, the friend(s) might also have been medical people.
Maybe it was discovered after they picked both men up. All opinions of course, but a reason to be somewhat hopeful.

Many photos of his graduation here.
https://www.facebook.com/jecy.paceco/photos?lst=1798741697:1029570195:1560958037
Also found the friend who was shot on FB, but info not current. Unable to tell if he was also a graduate. His body was found only a block away from where they were picked up by the "Uber" so it's difficult to say why one was killed so quickly and the other not (at least not known to be). Family thinks he was kidnapped for ransom, but could be just their opinions coming out. They sound so scared and desperate in their communications. Sad to think they were waiting to celebrate quite an accomplishment with him and now they're posting about doing anything to pay ransom for Jessy.

Med school grad vanishes after celebrating at a club in Mexico, family says - CNN
190619112737-02-jessy-pacheco-exlarge-169.jpg

190619112808-03-jessy-pacheco-exlarge-169.jpg

The 29-year-old was supposed to return home Tuesday from Mexico and take the next steps on his career path to becoming a pediatrician, his family told KSFM.
Francine and Jeffrey Solis suspect Pacheco was kidnapped, they told the station, but officials have not confirmed their suspicions. They've reached out to the US State Department and FBI, too, they say, to no avail.
"We're just under the presumptions right now that he has been kidnapped because they haven't found his body. They haven't heard anything," Francine Solis said.
She added, "If nobody's gonna help us, we gotta help ourselves," the station reported.
Other family members, including Pacheco's mother, are in Mexico and have joined the search effort, Jeffrey Solis said, according to KSFM.
"They've been going to the police stations. They've been going to the hospitals, the morgues -- you know, everywhere -- and mainly the place he was last to see if there's any clues or anybody that's seen anything," Jeffrey Solis said.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back