MO - 22 STL officers placed on 'exclusion list' over investigation into racist social media posts

Wagtales10

Reaction score
22 St. Louis officers placed on 'exclusion list' over investigation into racist social media posts

A letter obtained by News 4 shows 22 St. Louis City police officers have been put on an “exclusion list” due to an investigation into allegations about social media posts.

The letter, which has been partially redacted, was sent from Circuit Attorney Kim Gardner’s office to Public Safety Director Jimmie Edwards Tuesday.

The letter comes after St. Louis police announced they were investigating allegations that several current and former officers made racist, violent, homophobic and anti-Muslim posts on Facebook.

Seven of the 22 officers are permanently banned from presenting cases to the Circuit Attorney’s Office. Officers on the list are not allowed to testify in court.

(edited to add link)

Last edited:
A letter obtained by News 4 shows 22 St. Louis City police officers have been put on an “exclusion list” due to an investigation into allegations about social media posts.

The letter, which has been partially redacted, was sent from Circuit Attorney Kim Gardner’s office to Public Safety Director Jimmie Edwards Tuesday.

The letter comes after St. Louis police announced they were investigating allegations that several current and former officers made racist, violent, homophobic and anti-Muslim posts on Facebook.

Seven of the 22 officers are permanently banned from presenting cases to the Circuit Attorney’s Office. Officers on the list are not allowed to testify in court.

Hhhhmmm, could be a great day for perpetrators in St. Louis, & a lousy one for victims.

Obviously, that posting behavior -- if supported by the posts -- is wrong.

Did she screenshot the posts & include?

Hhhhmmm, could be a great day for perpetrators in St. Louis, & a lousy one for victims.

Obviously, that posting behavior -- if supported by the posts -- is wrong.

Did she screenshot the posts & include?

Yes they were all saved and documented. Its not just guessing.
How can you expect fairness in legal if the cop proves and willfully shows off that they are racist?

MSM link:

Prosecutor adds 22 St. Louis officers to "exclusion list" over racist Facebook posts - CBS News

Jeff Roorda, business manager for the St. Louis Police Officers' Association, blasted the prosecutor's decision in a statement to the Post-Dispatch.

"If these officers are determined to have engaged in misconduct, we have a process," he said. "There's no due process in what Kim Gardner did today. It's just panic at the disco."

LE and their Associations can complain all they want about due process imo. At one time LE was 'held to a higher standard' both on and off duty due to the power that is granted to them.

It's only a matter of time imo when defense attorney's will successfully use racist SM posts against officers. Maybe it's already happening. What a waste of time and money it will be to let these officers testify with such posts to sully their appearance of fairness and due process.

LE Associations should have seen this coming and acted - I would consider this to be part of their job. They didn't so no sympathy deserved imo.

I think this is great. How can you trust an authority figure to not discriminate if they have proven themselves to have racist beliefs.
IMO they should extend the list to Doctors, Nurses and EMT's.
Let's extend the list to everyone. Maybe all potential witnesses should be thoroughly investigated for their views.

Most witnesses are screened for things like this.
Yes, I assume this is SOP for any attorney defending or prosecuting a client. Most times a crime is reported in the news, everyone starts sleuthing their social media accounts. These days, most LE make it part of every criminal investigation.

Yes, I assume this is SOP for any attorney defending or prosecuting a client. Most times a crime is reported in the news, everyone starts sleuthing their social media accounts. These days, most LE make it part of every criminal investigation.
Absolutely. Both sides do it to each other's witnesses. You don't want to rely on a witness and then have them cross examined and find out they have all sorts of skeleton's in their closet.
The Circuit Attorney isn't putting these officers on the exclusion list to punish them, she is doing to protect future prosecutions and avoid future prosecutions from being overturned on appeal. The SLPD obviously has massive problems, and they don't seem to be interested in doing anything about them.

Since your first two posts added doctors, nurses & emt's to your exclusion list, are you now saying anyone who exhibits racism should be on the list?
Sure, Why not?
Racism is bad.
Make Racists afraid again.

Sure, Why not?
Racism is bad.
Make Racists afraid again.

No kidding. It is terrifying to be a non white . They have to watch out for their life continually. Is that OK?

No kidding. It is terrifying to be a non white . They have to watch out for their life continually. Is that OK?
Imagine if a Doctor was reported and proven to post and say things like these cops.

Can that person be expected to do their job properly if they have hatred for certain people because of skin color or religion?
- No.

Is that person a threat to the public and their actions not only betrays the trust people put into doctors but puts patient's lives in danger?
- Yes

I'm not sure I agree that someone who may have what could be considered racist views couldn't fairly perform their job.

I'm not sure I agree that someone who may have what could be considered racist views couldn't fairly perform their job.
I respectfully disagree.

A doctor who hates someone because of skin color wont give the same care.
A cop who hates someone because of skin color will act differently toward them as they do to others.

Will it be like that EVERYTIME? No, but it puts enough lives in risk to not want it to happen.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ignoreme123
Back