Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #106

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good reading about "How to Identify and Hunt Deer."
How to Identify and Hunt Deer Crossings - North American Whitetail
Oh well brook, creek, stream, river....all subject to interpretation & current weather.
"Country folk use this method: Step over a brook Jump over a creek, Wade through a stream, Swim across a river, depending on weather and my chubby body;)

Julie Melvin on youtube has a video
#3 retracing Abby and Libby's steps.

The sand bar in the creek is oblique, its a short few steps wade from the south bank to the sand bar, short walk up the bar and then short shallow few steps to the north bank.
Wet shoes though.

I think the 2 sketches released by investigators are simply people they have not been able to identify out on the Monon High Bridge trail that day.

If law enforcement is wrong about the sketches that means the only way this case gets solved is if they get lucky and someone recognizes the person Liberty German videotaped on her phone. But the phone picture is not clear enough for many people. Or the case gets solved through some type of DNA match.

In my opinion, I think they should examine all the possibilities and one of those is that maybe this person may not be local to the Delphi, Indiana area.

If this case gets solved it will be because of Liberty German pulling out her cell phone to get the video. Just imagine for a second how far "off" the case would be if she hadn't gotten the picture.

Check out this between 19 mins to 23 mins to see the searchers crossing holding on to each other. The whole video is very good and is 35 mins long altogether. It is on page 1 of the media thread if we need to find it again. It's a good aerial view of the highway to the creek and bridge area too. The creek looks at least 100feet wide to me at the point they are crossing.

RTV6 (WRTV - Indianapolis)

At about 1730 I flashing light on the ground.

When this is arrested ( and I strongly believe he will be) it is likely that he is a frequent inhabitant of the very sleazy "dark web". MOO and MOO again: I have no idea how to access the dark web, nor do I want to. But a dark-web dwelling like this would tie in with LE's very early statements to parents about being aware of what your children are doing on social media and the internet (paraphrased).

I've visited the "dark web" on many occasions for research. Access is as easy as checking in here at WS. One doesn't need to visit the sub-internet to find despicable things, though. The dark web gets a bad reputation for having "scary" things, but many of those same things can be found on this level as well. You just have to know where to look.

MOO it is the perfect parking place except that it is an active cemetery, with fresh flags and flowers. I think a car parked there would run the risk of being especially noticed, as any other person visiting a grave would wonder which grave the person in the car was visiting, then seeing no one in the cemetery, would then decide with irritation that the car was being parked to access to the trail.

Not necessarily. I've only ran into people on one trip to the cemetery. In the middle of the workday I'd wager that it would be empty. Weekends see the most traffic. A vehicle parked there may or may not draw attention.

I agree, the audio to me sounds older. Definitely midwest. The "down the hill" part is even a little more "country southern" than some midwest accents, but the "guys" rules out true southern .....all my southern friends say y'all and would never says guys. Mountain states also say guys, but the down the hill part would be sharper. Kentucky says y'all so I think he is originally from Indiana or perhaps Ohio. All obviously JMO from my own experience!

SBM

Eastern Kentuckian here, born and bred and still here, and I use "y'all" and "guys" interchangeably without any weight given to one phrase or the other.

I don't think we can tell geographic region by the simple use of the word "guys." Any of you out there who have children have probably heard the YouTubers start most of their videos with "hey guys." I can hear it in my sleep. My BA was in Anthropology, with my minor in Linguistics. I could bore you all with all kinds of information and dialects, word choices, and accents but the most important thing is that it's no longer easy to tell a person's place of origin simply by word choice. 40 years ago, when people were mostly influenced by those who lived near them, language was much more insular. That is no longer so. Now language is influenced by hundreds of television stations, people traveling more and more, and the internet. The phrase "you guys" or "hey guys" is so general that I don't know a linguist out there who'd use it as an identifiable phrase. It's simply too common.

Maybe the perp. thought that cell phone had been well destroyed when it was left behind with the girls (he could have crushed it with hard object like a large rock) and he didn't count on 'cloud' data being available or realize that he had been recorded by Libby?

Just thinking out loud and JMO

When Sgt Holeman answered a question about the phone he said it was found in the general area so I think Libby dropped it either accidentally or on purpose as they were being abducted. He may well have searched them for phones - in fact he probably did, but, thankfully he didn't find it. MOO

I think all of the ideas presented above are logical possibilities. A curiosity I've always had re: the phone is how LE knows that Libby took the video/audio and not Abby. Just because it was Libby's phone doesn't necessarily mean (IMO) that she was in possession of it when BG approached. KG said that Libby did not have pockets, so it would have been difficult for her to conceal the phone. My only thought is that Abby is sighted in the video, so it must have been Libby holding the phone...but then again, I'm not 100% sure that there is much more video than the guy walking on the bridge.

I’m no help because I thought he was mimicking the initiating thought process of a potential tipster who hadn’t yet called in, leading toward “Yes, I know that voice!”

Otherwise my first thought was what a foolish thing for a police officer to say if he was insinuating he holds the key to unlock the case but he can’t remember why he knows the voice. Instead the onus is placed on the public to provide that “one tip”. That just seems a little weird IMO.

what is hillarious about this is the person it sounds MOST like to ME ( this is silly, and I am not suggesting in ANY way this is truth, just jest) is the dang ISP guy himself DC! I had to stop listening to him alltogether to get this out of my head :)

the funny thing about sketches is.. when someone asks you what someone looks like, you dont think in those terms, you think... WHO do they look like? Do they look like Justin Bieber? No, more like Justin Timberlake...and that is why sketches are usually sketchy.

I think all of the ideas presented above are logical possibilities. A curiosity I've always had re: the phone is how LE knows that Libby took the video/audio and not Abby. Just because it was Libby's phone doesn't necessarily mean (IMO) that she was in possession of it when BG approached. KG said that Libby did not have pockets, so it would have been difficult for her to conceal the phone. My only thought is that Abby is sighted in the video, so it must have been Libby holding the phone...but then again, I'm not 100% sure that there is much more video than the guy walking on the bridge.

Well thought out. I do think, looking back at the first three images of BG and speculation (that at least the back corner of Abby’s jacket is in one of the original frames).

The original shared pics from the video that was finally released in April doesn't seem to show that at all.

It was Libby’s phone in the first place and she may have captured a bit of Abby, that was inadvertently shared in the first released stills. There has been no confirmation of that, so it’s purely intuition and MO.

I missed Libby didn’t have any pockets to hide the phone once the girls were cornered. That is interesting, but maybe she tucked it under her sleeve, so to speak.

Thank you so very much for sharing!! I have to admit that I initially scanned the post but didn’t click on the link. When another WS person commented on your post I went back and read the attachment. All of the articles pertaining to the girls were very touching and I hope Abby & Libby’s families can take some comfort in the words and the obvious love and compassion they hold for them.

Two of the articles really touched me - one from a father of a girl who was friends with Libby. It reminded me how so many people suffer the loss of these girls and how this will affect their classmates, and the town, forever.

The other article was from another father who lost a son and he shared powerful advice about how to show those who are grieving that you care - and that you REMEMBER! This article made me cry. I lost my oldest son 3 1/2 years ago and the things that I truly treasure is when someone talks about Chris, shares a story or even just says what a beautiful smile he had, etc. It is in those moments that I know he MATTERED to so many people other than just me and that he is not forgotten.

So please remember this when you know someone who has suffered a loss - say something to that person about their loved one and don’t worry if it makes them cry - the joy they feel that you REMEMBER is much more powerful than the tears you may see.

Do this for Abby and Libby - and for all those we have lost.
Beautifully said. I know EXACTLY how you feel. The tears may still flow when we speak of them but our hearts are full and we are comforted in knowing how much they were loved not only by us but by their friends.

The old sketch is redundant and the new young sketch 18-40 age represents the face of the guy (BG) in the video. We have had more than a month to take this in, and I think we are all finding it hard to follow TBH. The guy on the bridge does not look like a young 18 yo to me and doesn't walk like one either IMO but that is what LE have said.
I try to remember they said 18-40 years old. Now for a comparison only, as I know he is not a POI on this thread, but take a look at GK, arrested for the murder of NB. He's 21 years old but to me looks much older than my very young looking 36 year old son. GK has MPB whereas my son has a thick head of dark hair. GK has a voice that sounds older than his 21 years as well, or it sounds that way to me at least. Just a thought.

You know, with the empty properties (at end of bridge and RL's) he could have just laid low and phoned a friend or joined the search. He probably knew there was noone in, as we discussed previously. Do we think he had a cell phone?
Are there ANY 18-40 year olds that don't?:p:D Kidding aside, I believe he had a cell phone.

I try to remember they said 18-40 years old. Now for a comparison only, as I know he is not a POI on this thread, but take a look at GK, arrested for the murder of NB. He's 21 years old but to me looks much older than my very young looking 36 year old son. GK has MPB whereas my son has a thick head of dark hair. GK has a voice that sounds older than his 21 years as well, or it sounds that way to me at least. Just a thought.

You make a very valid point, however I'm still surprised that LE didn't narrow the age range of BG based on profiling. The sketch seems to depict a younger man closer to his late teens or early twenties, but the image from Libby's phone is inconclusive and has given many the impression that he is a more mature adult. With a range as wide as 18-40 they are basically saying it could have been a highschool kid or a man old enough to have fathered a highschool-aged kid. Such a difference in the context around suspects from the extreme ends of this range.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member