NH NH/CA - Terry Peder Rasmussen, suspected SK, Allenstown, 1981-2000's - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
The most important thing to be careful of while hunting wild mushrooms, by far, are the look-alikes; inedible mushrooms that resemble the edible ones. Some of these, like the appropriately named death-cap, are toxic and are responsible for more than half of all mushroom-related fatalities and they are common here in Oregon.

How Do You Hunt For Mushrooms In Eugene, Oregon?

Thank you all! I think we can fill the timeline in a bit from 1986 to 2000. I just have to wonder if he had been to Oregon earlier than 1986. It's weird he says he picked berries on a farm there. Lisa said she had siblings that died from picking poison mushrooms. I wonder if there are mushroom farms near Dexter Oregon. Little bit of truth in things TR has said maybe? I'm about to jump down that rabbit hole.

This all peaks my interest because I wonder if he was there earlier even than that. Like is MC from Oregon? Bout to check the isotope map again too!!!!

This is probably irrelevant but...In 1992 when EJ's father died in the Monterey County, she is listed as a survivor from LA. Maybe TR met her there or somewhere around the Monterey County area?
EJ's father was a gardener...

It’s definitely possible that MC came from Oregon. It’s certainly worth exploring.

I wonder if he did migrant work on the various farms in the Pacific Northwest. Also that area had a lot of marijuana growers even back then. They were often using greenhouses, sheds with with grow lights and/or hydroponic systems. He could have done electrical work for growers.

Really wish we had a dedicated sub-forum for this murderer.

Bringing over from the Allenstown thread:
I've wondered that since we learned he was in the Navy, just where was he stationed? Where was his base? HI is one possibility, then I was thinking bases in WA, VA, and FL. Of all the known places he ended up, it really surprises me he never turned up in FL, it's a mecca for transients and those wanting to fly below the radar, IMHO. It's even possible he ended up in Portsmouth Naval Ship Yard (NH) during his enlistment at some point. Or at least, had connections there after his discharge.

The first articles from when he was first id'd as TR said he'd been on the US west Coast and Okinawa, Japan.
I looked around and found a navy cruisebook for Okinawa '64-'65.
And there is a TP Rasmussen who was an electrican (CPS3=CONSTRUCTION ELECTRICIAN'S MATE (SHOP) PETTY OFFICER 3RD CLASS). There is a photo of a Rasmussen but not sure it's him, there is another Rasmussen listed in the book.

Skärmavbild 2019-06-19 kl. 14.15.01.png Skärmavbild 2019-06-19 kl. 14.15.41.png

The first articles from when he was first id'd as TR said he'd been on the US west Coast and Okinawa, Japan.
And there is a TP Rasmussen who was an electrican (CPS3=CONSTRUCTION ELECTRICIAN'S MATE (SHOP) PETTY OFFICER 3RD CLASS). There is a photo of a Rasmussen but not sure it's him, there is another Rasmussen listed in the book.

View attachment 189544 View attachment 189545
That's him (I think) it's the same photo in the Aug 2017 photos pdf. I think Okinawa 1964-5 can be added to the timeline.

upload_2019-6-19_13-39-3.png
https://www.doj.nh.gov/news/2017/documents/20170818-allenstown-manchester-images.pdf

ETA: Thanks for posting, I knew I'd read a reference to being stationed in Japan but couldn't remember where to look until I saw the photo.

It would help if he was with NMCB 5 his entire time in the army, then we could just look at their timeline.
But I don't know.

Info from the book:
“MCB FIVE returned home to Port Hueneme, California March 15, 1964 after a nine month deployment on Guam, Marianas Islands.
The main body of MCB FIVE boarded the U.S.S. GENERAL J.C. BRECKINRIDGE 25 July 1964 for the voyage to Okinawa and a deployment as "Alert Battalion in the Pacific."
They arrived Aug 12.
“The main body of MCB FIVE departed Kadena Air Base, Okinawa, on five flights aboard C-135 jets. On April 9,1965, the last plane landed at Point Mugu Naval Air Station, California.

https://www.history.navy.mil/content/dam/museums/Seabee/Cruisebooks/postwwiicruisebooks/NMCB/nmcb5-cruisebooks/NMCB 5_1964-65.pdf

Last edited:
It would help if he was with NMCB 5 his entire time in the army, then we could just look at their timeline.
But I don't know.

Info from the book:
“MCB FIVE returned home to Port Hueneme, California March 15, 1964 after a nine month deployment on Guam, Marianas Islands.
The main body of MCB FIVE boarded the U.S.S. GENERAL J.C. BRECKINRIDGE 25 July 1964 for the voyage to Okinawa and a deployment as "Alert Battalion in the Pacific."
They arrived Aug 12.
“The main body of MCB FIVE departed Kadena Air Base, Okinawa, on five flights aboard C-135 jets. On April 9,1965, the last plane landed at Point Mugu Naval Air Station, California.

https://www.history.navy.mil/content/dam/museums/Seabee/Cruisebooks/postwwiicruisebooks/NMCB/nmcb5-cruisebooks/NMCB 5_1964-65.pdf
I don’t know anything about searching military records, but that information must be available somewhere. In the NPR Podcast, TR’s son talked about studying his father’s discharge papers from the Navy.

I recall that photo being circulated here but can’t recall if it was him.

Excellent Work AIP!!!!!!

This young lady was found in 1989 but they said her death could have been two up to ten years earlier. She's referred to as Castleberry Kate. She had a plate for her two front teeth. I'm questioning if it could be Denise. If he knocked her two front teeth out at some point, she could have gotten a plate.

She could also be Mother of MC with that date range.

AZ - AZ - Bullhead City, WhtFem UP11087, 17-19, in shallow grave, May'89

This young lady was found in 1989 but they said her death could have been two up to ten years earlier. She's referred to as Castleberry Kate. She had a plate for her two front teeth. I'm questioning if it could be Denise. If he knocked her two front teeth out at some point, she could have gotten a plate.

She could also be Mother of MC with that date range.

AZ - AZ - Bullhead City, WhtFem UP11087, 17-19, in shallow grave, May'89

They're not on each other's ruleout lists, but "Kate" appears to not have DNA available and Denise doesn't have dentals.

I just found a newspaper article from February 1990... it's a legal notice list from LA, California. It mentions EH (Marlyse E.H.)... it also has an address. I searched the address and there is also a legal notice from the same time to another woman. EH's surname is misspelled... i wonder if it is the same EH as in Marlyse E. H.?

They're not on each other's ruleout lists, but "Kate" appears to not have DNA available and Denise doesn't have dentals.

If you are referring to Denise Beaudin, she may not have dentals but she has distinctive dentition they could rule out by photo comparison. Like if the deceased doesn't have a substantial overbite and gaps in the front top teeth, chances are it's not a match.

If you are referring to Denise Beaudin, she may not have dentals but she has distinctive dentition they could rule out by photo comparison. Like if the deceased doesn't have a substantial overbite and gaps in the front top teeth, chances are it's not a match.

Surely noone has ever ruled in or out anyone in any case by comparing a skull to some photos. Unless there was some severe obvious deformation I'd be shocked if they did that. Noone knows for sure how long Denise was missing or what type of dental or medical treatment she had after she vanished. I'm assuming none but LE don't make decisions by assuming. I hope.
I guess whoever feels strongly about it should submit. There could be other ways to compare. Childbirth usually shows on the pelvic bone. Or maybe Denise had a previous fracture we don't know about.

I just found a newspaper article from February 1990... it's a legal notice list from LA, California. It mentions EH (Marlyse E.H.)... it also has an address. I searched the address and there is also a legal notice from the same time to another woman. EH's surname is misspelled... i wonder if it is the same EH as in Marlyse E. H.?

Do you know what the legal notice was for?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth