CANADA Canada - Ben Tyner, 32, cowboy, horse returned w/o him, Merritt, British Columbia, 26 Jan 2019 - #3

Last seen Saturday around 2pm, Jan 26. Reported missing Monday Jan 28.
This info has been compiled by the admins of Missing Ben FB page, two of whom are family members (including Ben's brother Jack).

Maybe I missed it but has it ever been revealed to the public who, where and the circumstances as to Ben's last sighting.

Another report said he went out on Saturday night, but they never said where, with who, or when he returned.
That was from LE, you are correct. Personally I believe that was a slip-up on their part, based on some evidence they gathered, when they first began to suspect criminality. Or it was info given to them falsely. It was never mentioned it again. I also think they know now when and where he was last seen, but are saying nothing about nothing with this case. All based on hunches - my own.

Maybe I missed it but has it ever been revealed to the public who, where and the circumstances as to Ben's last sighting.

Nothing official from LE.

The only statement I'm aware of re. last sighting came from the official BT Missing fb page:

HASHTAG: #helpfindbentyner

LAST KNOWN SIGHTING: Ben was last seen on SAT-JAN-26 at 2:00 p.m. He was reported missing on MON-JAN-28 after a local hunter came across his horse, still fully-equipped.

Speaking of Missing Ben FB Page...I just read this little blurb from one of the admins. Gives me hope, that I was def beginning to lose on Ben's case.

"I can tell you it has not gone cold and is very active."

MISSING: BEN TYNER
Louise Deb Wllms
That is so good to hear. I do hope that LE is close to determining what happened to Ben.

That was from LE, you are correct. Personally I believe that was a slip-up on their part, based on some evidence they gathered, when they first began to suspect criminality. Or it was info given to them falsely. It was never mentioned it again. I also think they know now when and where he was last seen, but are saying nothing about nothing with this case. All based on hunches - my own.
Has LE ever retracted that? I realize that the family is giving information that they know to be true, but I haven't seen LE mention that they were wrong about him going out on Saturday night. I myself have wondered if he met someone that night that may have had ill intentions, that Ben was at the wrong place at the wrong time. Someone that knew of him, at least.

Has LE ever retracted that? I realize that the family is giving information that they know to be true, but I haven't seen LE mention that they were wrong about him going out on Saturday night. I myself have wondered if he met someone that night that may have had ill intentions, that Ben was at the wrong place at the wrong time. Someone that knew of him, at least.
They haven't given ANY info since mid-April. Never retracted it, but never repeated again. More recent statements sort of skirt around it by saying he was last seen on Saturday. Might be something they didn't want known in order to "trap" someone in a lie. JMO, of course.

Last edited:
Sort of an update from admin of page:

MISSING: BEN TYNER

"After 5 months there still isn’t much to report. MSCU are working hard everyday to find Ben. We may not see them but they are there . Our job is still awareness and trying to get someone to remember or more so come forward on what they know. This family needs our support and help to bring Ben home. Please someone have a hard look at that day and have a heart."

6'3", 240 lbs. THAT is what sticks with me whenever I read the description of Ben being missing. He is a big solid man. Big. Solid.

I can't help feeling like this is going to be somehow important. My husband's cubicle mate is about the same height and weight and he is a BIG dude. Not someone you could just go running up to and snatch up. So that tells me that we're either dealing with some sort of bizarre accident, OR someone used a weapon- if so, that weapon has to be somewhere, does anyone have a weapon that is missing?- OR more than one person was involved. Maybe just two, but I'm not sure you wouldn't need at least three to take down a guy this size in good shape. If the last, were any groups of buddies absent from their usual hangouts in the timeframe we're talking about? Argh, I'm sure LE has gone over all this a million times, but this case is driving me NUTS.

I can't help feeling like this is going to be somehow important. My husband's cubicle mate is about the same height and weight and he is a BIG dude. Not someone you could just go running up to and snatch up. So that tells me that we're either dealing with some sort of bizarre accident, OR someone used a weapon- if so, that weapon has to be somewhere, does anyone have a weapon that is missing?- OR more than one person was involved. Maybe just two, but I'm not sure you wouldn't need at least three to take down a guy this size in good shape. If the last, were any groups of buddies absent from their usual hangouts in the timeframe we're talking about? Argh, I'm sure LE has gone over all this a million times, but this case is driving me NUTS.

Ben is a big guy but from what I’ve found, he did hang around with cowboys, most similar in stature (based on FB pic, Twitter, etc). Even smaller ranch hands are strong, they wrestle steers. I think moving Ben deceased took two, though. I personally don’t think there was an accident. Moo

Ben is a big guy but from what I’ve found, he did hang around with cowboys, most similar in stature (based on FB pic, Twitter, etc). Even smaller ranch hands are strong, they wrestle steers. I think moving Ben deceased took two, though. I personally don’t think there was an accident. Moo
At this point I'm open to all theories, including Bigfoot and Elvis in a UFO. This is another one of those maddening cases where I got nothing.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth
Back