NJ - Carolyn Byington, 26, killed inside her home, Plainsboro, 10 June 2019 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
We had Plainsboro EMS at the house today as my 94 yo dad fell. They came to help him up off the floor. I asked if they knew anything, as they were involved, but they had nothing to share, about a suspect being identified. Said to keep the doors locked. They said people call about dead deer on the side of the road but not the important crisis like serious car accidents or a woman’s screams.

Your last sentence saddens me.

As for the rest, I sure hope they have more than we think.

I hope your dad is okay.

Your last sentence saddens me.

As for the rest, I sure hope they have more than we think.

I hope your dad is okay.
DAB - so scary. I'm glad EMS was able to help your dad and hope he is okay now. Went through that at my parent's home too.
So sad EMS shared that with you. It really makes me wonder what is wrong with people.

I know the area/towns where this happened are very nice and usually safe. Not sure how big Plainsboro actually is..but if EMS tells you to keep your doors locked, that is scary. I'd be pretty ticked with the local police for not telling the residents more on if there is a threat to the community - as obviously they are still searching for the murderer. Most people I would think lock their doors but some keep windows open at night for cool air. I don't mean to knock the police but seriously I think they should say more by now to the residents. (unless they have and I missed it).

The police have kept things very quiet. I was in the municipal building tonight & thought of asking if they have any advice for residents. It was after hours & there was no one behind the communication center so I didn’t ring the bell. Perhaps another day I will stop in. It is a very safe area so this is all the more shocking. I think there is a need for community education on what to do when you have a situation where someone might be in trouble. It would seem like common sense to call the police but it didn’t register for a number of people.

Murder victim’s family sending memorial donations to childhood brain tumor research

Basking Ridge native Carolyn Byington had a Chiari malformation about 11 years ago, a medical condition in which brain tissue extends into the spinal canal.

A New York neurosurgeon successfully treated Byington, and following the 26-year-old’s murder last week in Plainsboro, her family is asking that people remember her with donations to the physician’s medical research.

The Middlesex County Prosecutor’s Office said Wednesday they had no updates.

Two sources familiar with the investigation into Byington’s death have told NJ Advance Media that authorities are exploring a theory in which she was drawn to her apartment on her lunch break from work last Monday, June 10, and attacked once she entered her residence in the Hunters Glen complex.

I’m curious about neighbors hearing furniture being moved. Screams during a fight/attack make sense. Was CB trying to get away from her attacker and moving furniture? Was the attacker moving furniture to get to her? I wonder how long she had been divorced.

I’m curious about neighbors hearing furniture being moved. Screams during a fight/attack make sense. Was CB trying to get away from her attacker and moving furniture? Was the attacker moving furniture to get to her? I wonder how long she had been divorced.
I never read where she was divorced? Is there news about that? Tia

She overcame a lot in her short life and it is so nice her parents are donating contributions to the medical condition she was successfully treated for. This family has been through too much.
I would think if police said they think she was drawn to her apartment by someone, they have a good idea of who that person is/who made contact with her before she went home. I didn't know she was divorced either..unless that is false info from the mylife site. Thanks for posting the new info.

unless that is false info from the mylife site.

IME mylife.com is notoriously/(recklessly?) inaccurate. There are numerous examples discussed upthread. While it might give you a lead to sleuth, I would not take as fact anything that appears on that site until you have independently verified it through reliable sources.

IME mylife.com is notoriously/(recklessly?) inaccurate. There are numerous examples discussed upthread. While it might give you a lead to sleuth, I would not take as fact anything that appears on that site until you have independently verified it through reliable sources.
Yes I agree. I posted the MyLife Bio originally and have apologized for it since. I thought CB provided the info to that site so therefore it was accurate. To reiterate, though, the site stated only that she was married (probably incorrect) but never stated divorced. So I don't know where that info is coming from. I asked for a link, but so far none has been given. I doubt she was married or divorced, but again nothing has been verified either way, other than her last name is still the same as her parents, which doesn't prove much in these days. JMO

Last edited:
In some cases, further info is withheld from the public until after the funeral (tomorrow).

Since there doesn't appear to be enough evidence yet to arrest anyone, I think individual/s will be observed at the wake and funeral, as well as note taken of anyone expected to attend who may not. The Pros needs more, and family, friends, coworkers, residents at complex and media all appear to be fully following LE/Prosecutor's recommendation to refrain from speaking. Just my opinion

I reached out to Plainsboro Police re community education & was contacted quickly. I was informed that they are working diligently day & night on the investigation but cannot share certain information. I will be meeting with them in the next week or two.

Murder victim’s family sending memorial donations to childhood brain tumor research

Basking Ridge native Carolyn Byington had a Chiari malformation about 11 years ago, a medical condition in which brain tissue extends into the spinal canal.

A New York neurosurgeon successfully treated Byington, and following the 26-year-old’s murder last week in Plainsboro, her family is asking that people remember her with donations to the physician’s medical research.

The Middlesex County Prosecutor’s Office said Wednesday they had no updates.

Two sources familiar with the investigation into Byington’s death have told NJ Advance Media that authorities are exploring a theory in which she was drawn to her apartment on her lunch break from work last Monday, June 10, and attacked once she entered her residence in the Hunters Glen complex.

I wonder if they mean once she was inside or "as" she entered she was attacked.

I wonder if they mean once she was inside or "as" she entered she was attacked.
Could be either. Someone was there waiting inside, whoever prompted her to come home during her lunch break...or someone followed close behind her as she entered. I think then though, that person would have been seen, since neighbors saw her.

Yes, it sure is a very inaccurate site! I did not realize more info might not be released until after her funeral tomorrow, perhaps. Life sure is so unfair. A funeral for an innocent 26 year old. My feeling now is it was someone she knew, rather than a stranger but who knows. Thoughts and prayers are with her family and friends.

• Obituary
Carolyn Iris Byington, age 26, passed away on June 10, 2019. She was a 2011 graduate of Ridge High School. In 2015, Carolyn earned her Bachelors at Lafayette College in International Affairs and Anthropology and Sociology. She had a passion for traveling the world and studied abroad in Japan and Germany. Carolyn loved all forms of music from opera to country. She worked at ENGINE US since 2016 as a Market Research Project Manager. As an avid volunteer, Carolyn was active in the Junior League of Greater Princeton.

Carolyn was predeceased by her four grandparents and two uncles. She is survived by her beloved parents, Robert and Jennifer Byington, her “little” sister, Caitlin Byington, four cherished aunts, three treasured uncles, seven fun-loving cousins, and a multitude of friends around the world whom she considered family.

Love you up to pluto and back.

Visitation hours will be June 20th from 4-8pm at the Van Arsdale Funeral Home in Somerville, NJ. The funeral service will be on June 21st at 10:30am at St. Paul Lutheran Church in Raritan, NJ.

In lieu of flowers, memorial donations may be made to Weill Cornell Medicine’s Chiari Research at www.childrensbraintumorproject.org/CarolynByington.

I’m guessing mostly family/friends will attend the funeral - maybe a handful of members (I have attended Sunday services on occasion at St. Paul’s; I had seen Carolyn a few times but hadn’t been going to the church long enough to get to know her). Church is very small member-wise, maybe on any given Sunday around 20-25 max.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member