Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #106

Status
Not open for further replies.
View attachment 189565
Public Storage rentals across the street from trails
FP Excellent find! Lots of contractors, vendors, etc store excess product/samples/equipment/tools in those types of storage facilities. My all hours research assistant Ms. Google brought up this location, parameters:
self-storage with highway access in Delphi, Indiana....BINGO!
6563 W County Road 300 NDelphi, IN 46923 ... Easily sort through self-storage amenities like climate control and 24-hour access as well as different storage ...

That’s what I was trying to do too.

Edit: were you successful? I was not.
Nope.
That footage should have helped...but it didn't.

Honestly...I could have used a 'narrator' to tell me what some of the buildings are.

I was looking for the Indiana Packers Corp. and if the road from it leads near to either the abandoned building or under the bridge.

Maps help....but they don't tell me everything I wonder about. Also I am not wonderful at reading maps.

JMO

FP Excellent find! Lots of contractors, vendors, etc store excess product/samples/equipment/tools in those types of storage facilities. My all hours research assistant Ms. Google brought up this location, parameters:
self-storage with highway access in Delphi, Indiana....BINGO!
6563 W County Road 300 NDelphi, IN 46923 ... Easily sort through self-storage amenities like climate control and 24-hour access as well as different storage ...
Significant.
I would hope LE is aware and checked surveillance, but I would send this in as a tip. Great find!

Amateur opinion and speculation

I can’t find things in the media thread easily. This should be a YT link to the media footage. Hope it’s ok to post this link.

CUTEKITTY...YES, yes...your video worked perfectly! Thank you so much... very, very enlightening beginning at 18:50. I see 6 in formation in the middle and a short distance away another 2 searchers. One searcher actually stops and bends over to retrieve something in the water close to ankle depth. There has never been a mention of a weapon/truncheon/knife being retrieved from the water....but definitely looking for evidence.

Might the sketches be of two different people who were seen in the vicinity that day? Has LE actually said, never mind the first one, he doesn't exist or he's morphed into the second one, or have they simply added this new face into the mix?

*Sorry, I'm not as up to speed on this case as others :)*

It’s not you, we’ve all been confused about the old vs new sketch.
Based on the below quote from ISP, I have interpreted it as two different people. The old sketch was of a POI. The new sketch is the killer. Again, it’s just my interpretation. I think many opinions have been offered here on this very topic. Any could be correct. Only LE really knows why.

"It was initially believed the sketch that has been in public view over the last two years of a person in the age range of his 40s to 50s was a person of interest in the murder investigation," state police said. "Now, as the investigation has matured and past information has been reassessed, it is the belief of investigators with the multi-agency task force that the person depicted in the sketch released on April 22 more accurately represents the person wanted for the murders of Abigail Williams and Liberty German.
ISP: First Delphi sketch is not POI in murders

Significant.
I would hope LE is aware and checked surveillance, but I would send this in as a tip. Great find!

ROSES You are a voice of reason and spot on observations! (I've been meaning to tell you that for a l.ong time.) What is it with criminals and storage spaces? Of course Larissa Schuster, Scott Peterson and just today, Michael J. Olson of Ohio: Her body was found inside of a storage unit in the 500 block of East Tallmadge Avenue. She was pronounced dead at the scene
Man charged for murder of missing 68-year-old woman found dead inside storage unit in Akron

ROSES You are a voice of reason and spot on observations! (I've been meaning to tell you that for a l.ong time.) What is it with criminals and storage spaces? Of course Larissa Schuster, Scott Peterson and just today, Michael J. Olson of Ohio: Her body was found inside of a storage unit in the 500 block of East Tallmadge Avenue. She was pronounced dead at the scene
Man charged for murder of missing 68-year-old woman found dead inside storage unit in Akron
Thank you for the lovely blessing. I learn from all of you and just run it through the Roses-matic processor;)

Storage=“safe keeping”

Thank you for the lovely blessing. I learn from all of you and just run it through the Roses-matic processor;)

Storage=“safe keeping”

Okay, "Rosematic processor:D" feedback on this scenario, please? Person/contractor/vendor at the storage site....where he stores his "kit." (Keeps his secret life hidden from significant other.) Sees the girls being dropped off and decides this is his opportunity. Begins his "stalk/chase"....with jacket filled? Maybe his storage space is adequate to also hide a get-away vehicle?
Frankly, with such a tight time-frame and numerous witnesses, in broad daylight...how can there not be a resolution? So, I am thinking the perp did not stand out, because "it appeared" he was going about his normal course of business and dressed appropriately for his line of work?

This is truly perplexing to me as well. I’ve twisted my brain into circles trying to come up with a plausible explanation as to why BG (now identified as relatively younger than original implied) would not have factored in cell phones.

Factored in 1) that they would have one in the first place (that could record, dial 911 etc), and/or 2) that he needed to dispose of Libby’s cell after the murders.

The only plausible explanation IMO, is that it required too much focus to control the girls in the first place to worry about the phone, AND that he had to scaddaddle out of there in a huge hurry. This leads me to think he may have actually still been there (at the crime scene) as DG was arriving and heard people starting to look for the girls.

All MOO.

seems that he did not have a cell phone with him... (?)

Okay, "Rosematic processor:D" feedback on this scenario, please? Person/contractor/vendor at the storage site....where he stores his "kit." (Keeps his secret life hidden from significant other.) Sees the girls being dropped off and decides this is his opportunity. Begins his "stalk/chase"....with jacket filled? Maybe his storage space is adequate to also hide a get-away vehicle?
Frankly, with such a tight time-frame and numerous witnesses, in broad daylight...how can there not be a resolution? So, I am thinking the perp did not stand out, because "it appeared" he was going about his normal course of business and dressed appropriately for his line of work?
Very possible, and likely.
Super creepy if he is somehow affiliated as a cemetery worker; groundskeeper, etc., but that would just be too obvious?

I am not that confused by the sketch strategy. I think investigators think that with enough tips because of the public's interest, they will stumble along the one tip that will lead to the killer's identification. And I think eventually that will happen. There is a cell phone video of this person because of Liberty German. I think the fear is what Abby's mother said at the beginning, that they might be here 10 years from now wondering who this person is.

But I do think this case will get solved eventually.

Yeah, but there are massive differences too.

A predator who gets his kicks from manipulating others to do his bidding, is nothing like a guy who gets his kicks from actually doing it himself.

Their MO’s are nothing alike.

This is going to another DN, CE, or whoever else has been mentioned as the suspect of the week.

Any of those, were probably much better suspects than this guy.

They might be somewhat alike in that - I bet - they both watch a lot of sadistic-themed *advertiser censored*.

Just for the heck of it I mapped out the possible route from the crime scene (approximately) to the Old CPS building. If BG left the crime scene and got back on the path and headed west, north west towards that CPS parking lot it measures just over a mile. Distance from the crime scene to the trail head where the girls were dropped off is approximately 1/2 mile.

This is my interpretation, opinion only and in no way an official map. Just thought it may help some wanting to see the locations mapped out.
View attachment 189561
Excellent. Well done!

Maybe he left his cell phone in someone else's vehicle? MOO

If he drove to Delphi, he probably left the cellphone in the car because you don’t want to drop off people’s radar for too long. He might have switched it off before leaving in the car, though.

If he lives in Delphi proper, he either left it at home, or still in the car, depending on how long he was lying in wait for that day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998