Found Safe WI - Jill, 55, & Jordan Rousseau, 21, mother & daughter, Dale, Outagamie Co., 16 Jun 2019

I thought LE found them?

What's strange is that both mother and daughter have their own businesses in the same building, with the storage unit behind it. They have a lot to lose, up and leaving like this- clients that booked appointments with Jill, and customers that maybe ordered items from the daughter to be made or fitted. Also, the daughter had a store attached to her business as well- not sure if she was the sole employee of her business- did she have anyone working for her? Jill, too- did she have employees?

Obviously, the women left secretly- didn't tell any other family members or best friends, church people- no one. This has to be a safety issue to me. If it was anything else, mother and daughter could have just said they were going on another mother- daughter trip and no one would have blinked an eye. In one of the articles, it said they have gone on weekend trips together.

I guess I am not clear if LE found them or they called LE--I did read the dad said it was a tip or some such so I guess I could have that wrong for sure.

I thought about the businesses too and leaving it behind. I even thought maybe it was just being angry at him for something and they decided to let him worry a few days and never thought he would call LE for some reason. I guess business wise if the building is a rental they may not be leaving a lot behind? I looked it up and I think it had a suite # but I could have that wrong too...

And yes, safety. That is my first thought as well.

It did sound as though LE has more to share with the father or so he said.

I am overjoyed they are safe but sure do wonder what the reason was.

JMO.

I guess I am not clear if LE found them or they called LE--I did read the dad said it was a tip or some such so I guess I could have that wrong for sure.

I thought about the businesses too and leaving it behind. I even thought maybe it was just being angry at him for something and they decided to let him worry a few days and never thought he would call LE for some reason. I guess business wise if the building is a rental they may not be leaving a lot behind? I looked it up and I think it had a suite # but I could have that wrong too...

And yes, safety. That is my first thought as well.

It did sound as though LE has more to share with the father or so he said.

I am overjoyed they are safe but sure do wonder what the reason was.

JMO.
Agree. Even the husband/father's reaction was a bit strange, when he found out that they were safe. Like he knew all along that they were?

What puzzles me is the vehicle being backed up, the back lifted up, then he says nothing happened for about 15 minutes, to which the vehicle took off? No one getting in or out of the vehicle? Just sitting and talking? No one seen walking toward or away from the vehicle?

I wonder if he’s implying that they both somehow exited the vehicle via that rear hatch door (the one that he’s so enthralled with because it keeps you from getting wet if it’s raining.

It would require a heck of a lot of maneuvering for an adult to climb out of the driver’s or passenger’s seat and into the rear (back seats would have to be folded down), and then out through the cargo area, and it’s be a very...unconventional...way of exiting the vehicle, but then again, much about this case is...unconventional.

MOO

Agree. Even the husband/father's reaction was a bit strange, when he found out that they were safe. Like he knew all along that they were?

I get what you mean. He said it was all that mattered but he did no exactly go weak with relief as one would when you expressed concern about abduction.

I wonder if he’s implying that they both somehow exited the vehicle via that rear hatch door (the one that he’s so enthralled with because it keeps you from getting wet if it’s raining.

It would require a heck of a lot of maneuvering for an adult to climb out of the driver’s or passenger’s seat and into the rear (back seats would have to be folded down), and then out through the cargo area, and it’s be a very...unconventional...way of exiting the vehicle, but then again, much about this case is...unconventional.

MOO

Unconventional is a very good way of putting it... :)

Just seems odd if it were a safety issue that mother and daughter wanted to keep secret- now LE is involved - my thinking is maybe things transpired in the past that mom and daughter are now revealing to LE - or maybe they just thought they would be able to leave and husband/father would not call LE to report them missing. I sure don't know-all very strange imho - but really all that maters is they are safe!!!

Last edited:

MOO

Wondering if there were packed bags in the storage unit and someone climbed through to get them due to the rain. So glad they are safe. I wish them well! MOO

Yay found safe! Going back to catch up! Very curious what the story is here (of course)!

See, not trying to be like “I told you so”, but in this day and age it’s so easy to assume and start blaming and pointing fingers. Double homicide, of your own family, is a very serious accusation. Not that anyone outwardly accused anybody here but we need to remember that not everybody is Chris Watts, or Scott Peterson, or....No matter how jaded we become...

I’m afraid anytime there’s a missing persons’ case it can be a free for all against those close to the family and everybody’s “hinky meters” start exploding.

Stepping off my soapbox to go back and read but this is exaaactly why I said what I said earlier about not getting tunnel vision.

"Hallelujah": Missing mother and daughter found safe
I just watched his response to finding out they were found. I think he knew it the whole time, he has been trying to cover his butt and I think he's embarrassed and was using LE as an excuse as to why he couldn't answer questions. I'm seeing a GAME. IMO.

ETA:

Yikes! Seems I have some catching up to do!! :eek:

Last edited:
Yay found safe! Going back to catch up! Very curious what the story is here (of course)!

See, not trying to be like “I told you so”, but in this day and age it’s so easy to assume and start blaming and pointing fingers. Double homicide, of your own family, is a very serious accusation. Not that anyone outwardly accused anybody here but we need to remember that not everybody is Chris Watts, or Scott Peterson, or....No matter how jaded we become...

I’m afraid anytime there’s a missing persons’ case it can be a free for all against those close to the family and everybody’s “hinky meters” start exploding.

Stepping off my soapbox to go back and read but this is exaaactly why I said what I said earlier about not getting tunnel vision.

ETA:

I think we can save you lots of time, @margarita25 , as we know nothing more than LE acted on a tip and they are alive. That's it in a nut shell. It doesn't appear that the ladies are coming home anytime soon- they sure didn't let hubby/Dad know that they were ok, even after LE found them and spoke to them.

ETA:

Well, I am not going to stand down- my hinky meter is still up. Just because they are alive and ok, doesn't mean that they are safe, in terms of coming home. Something caused mother and daughter to secretly leave, without warning. They didn't tell hubby/Dad, they didn't take their cell phones with them, they didn't use their ATM cards, they didn't tell other family members or friends they were leaving. Both women have their own businesses and left them. They were gone for three days and had no intentions of contacting hubby/Dad- LE found them on a tip and let hubby/Dad know they are alive. They allegedly backed up in front of the storage unit- maybe to take suitcases or stored bottled water, canned goods or items they might need to leave and not be tracked down?

I also said they could have died in an accident. Many of us weren't committed to him being guilty of harming them, just saying his interview was confusing, to say the least.

Two women leave without warning or notice to no one, the adopted son long left the home front. Something ain't right in Denmark.

I think we can save you lots of time, @margarita25 , as we know nothing more than LE acted on a tip and they are alive. That's it in a nut shell. It doesn't appear that the ladies are coming home anytime soon- they sure didn't let hubby/Dad know that they were ok, even after LE found them and spoke to them.

Hmmmm...

Thanks steelslady.

Glad they’ve been found alive :).

Going back to read!

Last edited:

Going back to read to understand this:

“It doesn't appear that the ladies are coming home anytime soon- they sure didn't let hubby/Dad know that they were ok, even after LE found them and spoke to them.”

—-

ETA: @Steelslady
In a nutshell, are you saying they were fleeing an abusive situation? Going back to read!

“It doesn't appear that the ladies are coming home anytime soon- they sure didn't let hubby/Dad know that they were ok, even after LE found them and spoke to them.”

—-

In a nutshell, are you saying they were fleeing an abusive situation? Going back to read!
We don't know why they left. They knew he was coming home that evening, and they obviously bolted out of dodge. LE found them on a tip, and they are safe- LE worded it strangely. LE said in an article, something to the effect that we believe that they are no longer in any danger.

How many women leave their cell phones and chargers home, especially when traveling?

Maybe they picked up track phones along the way. I wonder if they had camping gear that they took with them, so they didn't have to get a hotel room for the night. They went to the storage for something- they backed up their vehicle toward the door, and then took off 15 minutes later.

LE has not told the hubby/Dad where they are, and he even said he had no idea when they were coming back. His interview was a little odd, like he knew they were ok all along.

If it isn't some kind of abuse or control going on, what would cause two women to up and leave, no phones, no warning, no contact with family or friends for three days? If LE hadn't found them, how much longer would they have been gone?

If it is any form of abuse, my hat's off to them for getting out. I just can't imagine what else could have caused them to do this, worrying loved ones and friends, at the very least.

It is possible they are going to find the son, but honestly why would they do this secretly? If he didn't approve of it, tough!

—-

RBBM

This very much reminds me of another Wisconsin case (very small town) where a wife left while husband was in church. She moved 40 miles north to another city and didn't tell him. He coached basketball and was very critical at times of the players. Said critical behavior extended to his domestic situation as well. He was heard telling a neighbor, "Yes, maybe I was a bit hard on her . . ."

I could be completely wrong, of course. But, I don't think so.

JMVHO.

So if I'm not wrong, I gathered from the dad's PC that he and the daughter's friend were both out of town roughly during the same time period.

Maybe the mom and daughter came into some information regarding that and decided to leave the home.
The hug. The ring. The hair comment: just like Jill’s. Out of town at the same time? Hadn’t thought of that. This is definitely one possible plot.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back