OH Pike County: 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue, 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested#49

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well that's a lot to think about. I actually did post about how no one was standing up for any of the 6 arrested. In my opinion it isn't very normal that not even one person comes forward and gets quoted:

........"Wow I can't believe Angie would do this, she's the last person to do this, she was such a nice friend/neighbor/co-worker I'm totally shocked, I hope they find her innocent so she can get back to her grandkids and law abiding life." Or:
...... "Angie is getting blamed for what her husband and sons did, she would never go along with something like that. She wouldn't hurt a flea "........

The only thing said was that they "wept over dogs". Yah, and the dogs were left alive! The pastor never said they wept over people!

Well we haven't even heard one quote like this have we?

As for the men in my life wanting to protect me. The men in my life would never even let me know if they were going to do something evil. They wouldn't want me involved or to know for many reasons. Plus I would never allow it.

Why do I think the Wagner men could do this but It's hard for me to understand that Angie would sanction 8 murders and participate? Because I would never let murders happen. What makes Angie so different from me? I have a husband and 2 sons near the same ages as her sons. What makes one woman value life and another just throw it away?

Why was that her solution when there are a dozen more?
BBM

Because I would never let murders happen. What makes Angie so different from me?

That is what we all want to know.

Why do some women stand by and let their BF/husband beat their kids to death? Why do some women kill their own kids?

We do not know what was going on in her head. Or what may have always went on in her head. Look at Andrea Yates who said "God told her to do it." Susan Smith who wanted to get revenge on her ex husband.

All we know is no one is stepping forward from her past or present to maintain she wouldn't do that. No one saying that she was a kind caring mother who couldn't do something like that. So the people who knows her the best apparently doesn't want to say she is not capable of killing 8 people.

All we have to go on is Angie's own words that she is a nature loving cook with a fantastic garden. No one else has came forward to say that about her. There is no evidence that any thing Angie said is the truth. So you cannot base your judgement of her on her own unverified words.

I could tell you people on here that I am a fantastic cook when the truth is I rarely step foot in the kitchen and my cooking is so bad that hubby won't eat it and does all the cooking himself.

She said that her sons and grandchildren are her life. Well if her sons are her life why isn't she stepping up to take the fall for them and get them out of jail? If her grandchildren are so important to her why did she put one of them through the agony of losing her mother?

JMO

Excellent name for a book. After reading many posts I am beginning to think that maybe she did have to be at the crime scenes, and there is evidence, for her to be charged with aggravated burglary.

I understand she can be charged for aggravated murder without being there, but aggravated burglary may be different....?....... Only my opinions ........

Yes, that's about what I'm thinking for now. The only sticking point is the weapons specifications. She at least had a weapon with her, even if she didn't do any shooting.

It will be interesting to see and hear about the evidence from the mobile homes & Kenny's fifth wheel. Though we couldn't see much from the photos of the outside, there were probably a lot of bullet holes inside. JMO

I hope and pray that Angela, Fredericka and Rita can dream about hearing little Chris and the rest of the murder victims beginning for who ever shot them not to take their life and if the Wagners did murder the Rhodens/Gilley may they all have nightmares every night and see each victim when it comes time for the Wagners/Newcomb to pass away. JMO

Yes. When analysing the evidence it does seem specific, as if yes, Angela was at the crime scenes with boot prints and dismantling security cameras, both her own counter surveillance and the Rhodens' security.

We are missing her original chunk of Discovery Evidence from December. We only have her Supplemental Discovery from March, why? Could that contain information on, as you say, the weapons/ballistics information that is tying her into the actual crimes scenes?

52 Havener is the home Angie inherited from her dad right? It's listed in the Discovery link you posted. Where she was arrested I assume.

streetview

The brick house.

She doesn’t own the house, the State put a lien on it. It was in both RN’s & EC’s names. Scioto County probate court records show the State is claiming it. https://sciotocountycpcourt.org/ese...BM0Ogu9154zFEGH4GT-T9o0W4q6UN40-TqS5RKBV9jrJw

Last edited:
Why would the state put a lien on it? The only reason I can think of is unpaid state income taxes. The county would put a lien on it if there was unpaid property taxes right? Or can the state put a lien on it if drugs was involved?

Anyone have any ideas?

JMO

Excellent name for a book. After reading many posts I am beginning to think that maybe she did have to be at the crime scenes, and there is evidence, for her to be charged with aggravated burglary.

I understand she can be charged for aggravated murder without being there, but aggravated burglary may be different....?....... Only my opinions ........

According to Ohio law, it looks like she would have had to be in the home(s) or on the property somewhere. Maybe she didn’t shoot but she pretty much had to physically be there for her to be charged. Idk, IANAL. Lawriter - ORC - 2911.12 Burglary.

Why would the state put a lien on it? The only reason I can think of is unpaid state income taxes. The county would put a lien on it if there was unpaid property taxes right? Or can the state put a lien on it if drugs was involved?

Anyone have any ideas?

JMO
Medicaid services is usually the biggest reason and it says JFS $73k (Ohio Jobs & Family Services) in the docket so I would assume it has to do with Medicaid services.

Last edited:
Yes, that's about what I'm thinking for now. The only sticking point is the weapons specifications. She at least had a weapon with her, even if she didn't do any shooting.

It will be interesting to see and hear about the evidence from the mobile homes & Kenny's fifth wheel. Though we couldn't see much from the photos of the outside, there were probably a lot of bullet holes inside. JMO

We know there may be a bullet hole through a door because Chris Sr. may have been shot through a door due to the angle etc... but the reporters who viewed and reported on the autopsies were not completely sure about that.

If there are any stray bullets it would be at his house, would be my first thought, due to the "unorganized/uncontrolled" manner in which he was shot, plus the bodies were moved.
Why risk leaving trace substances on the bodies while you drag them?
Some say it was to keep BJM from seeing them but there was too much blood for her not to see them.

Regarding Angela:

Count 9 is Conspiracy, but it sounds like enough to convict Angela whether or not she was at the crime scenes. (Everything only my opinions.)

Angela Jo Wagner COUNT 9 --- CONSPIRACY:

https:/Angela Wagner Count 9

Last edited:

Anyone have any ideas?

JMO

Usually it is to recovered medical expenses paid during the time the owner was
receiving benefits from the State oh Ohio. Mr. Carter died intestate.

According to Ohio law, it looks like she would have had to be in the home(s) or on the property somewhere. Maybe she didn’t shoot but she pretty much had to physically be there for her to be charged. Idk, IANAL. Lawriter - ORC - 2911.12 Burglary.

JMO, but the alleged hatred AW showed toward Dana, no doubt in my mind
that she put the gun under Dana's chin and pulled the trigger. Again, JMO

....All Just My 2 Cents, hypotheses/conjecture/theory......

Thankx again for helping me with this. I was in a tizzy trying to believe Angela was actually at the crime scenes, or if not, I was trying to understand how she can be charged with aggravated burglary if she wasn't there etc...

Something to ponder:

There will be jurors on Angela's Jury who are like me and find it hard to understand that she could sanction these 8 cold blooded cowardly murders of her DIL and family friends. And Jurors who find it hard to believe she could pull a trigger and even be at the crime scenes.

I need to be convinced beyond a reasonable doubt.

But yes, I do know the evidence is overwhelming against her and I am very open minded to hear all the evidence presented in trial from both the prosecution and the defense.

Thankx for ya'all's opinions over these last few days! THANKX ALL OF YOU WEBSLEUTHS....:D:eek:;):p

Last edited:
We know there may be a bullet hole through a door because Chris Sr. may have been shot through a door due to the angle etc... but the reporters who viewed and reported on the autopsies were not completely sure about that.

If there are any stray bullets it would be at his house, would be my first thought, due to the "unorganized/uncontrolled" manner in which he was shot, plus the bodies were moved.
Why risk leaving trace substances on the bodies while you drag them?
Some say it was to keep BJM from seeing them but there was too much blood for her not to see them.

Regarding Angela:

Count 9 is Conspiracy, but it sounds like enough to convict Angela whether or not she was at the crime scenes. (Everything only my opinions.)

Angela Jo Wagner COUNT 9 --- CONSPIRACY:

https:/Angela Wagner Count 9
Maybe Dana called Big Chris on her way home from work and the killers didn’t want her to see in the door glass at the bodies in case she stopped by and they wanted her to go home when she didn’t see anyone so they could finish the murders. Instead of them not wanting BM to see the bodies. JMO

Maybe Dana called Big Chris on her way home from work and the killers didn’t want her to see in the door glass at the bodies in case she stopped by and they wanted her to go home when she didn’t see anyone so they could finish the murders. Instead of them not wanting BM to see the bodies. JMO

Well yes, it does appear the bodies were hidden for a reason. What reason? Waiting for Gary to arrive? Chris was more decomposed, perhaps they killed him then moved him, then through their spying they knew Gary was coming so they laid in wait for him?

We will patiently wait for trials. For closure.

Last edited:
What we need here on this Thread is a Verified Attorney who is willing to come on here and answer questions about the indictments related to the 6 arrested in the Rhoden and Hannah Gilley murders.

We need a Question and Answer time -- with a good Attorney -- to ask about all of these indictments.

@sillybilly can you help us with getting a Verified Attorney on here to help us ?

Thankx.....:)

PS...If any Websleuth's Threads need a good Attorney it's defiantly this one....:eek:

8 victims and 6 arrested, 2 minor children, Ohio's biggest Case.....

WAVERLY, Ohio -- Tony Rhoden, whose two brothers were among eight members of his family killed two years ago, said the family was still processing the recent news about the arrests of four people in the case.

"We just don't know what to think," Rhoden told the Columbus Dispatch. "We're just trying to process it all. It's a lot to take in."

Last edited:
I post "its my opinion" or "I think" or It's "my 2 Cents" if I don't have a link. I try to be careful about that.
I said I would need to see proof (her trial) that she was at the crime scenes and that maybe there is Discovery Evidence we haven't seen that would tie her to the crimes scenes through weapons and ballistics. There could also be blood evidence (Excursion vehicle) from the victims or DNA. So yes the prosecution might have the evidence that puts her at the crime scenes. Absolutely possible!

It is just my opinion that she stayed home with the kids, and my opinion that the men wouldn't need her help at the scenes, and my opinion that they wouldn't want her to see them shoot 8 people. Opinion, theory, debate, supposition, questions etc....Only.

The posters that have discussed this with me are quite sharp cookies, they are making me see--- through facts from other cases--- that yes, it really is possible that a earthy grandmother could have a whole other side to her.

It's been quite fascinating to read views different from mine. It is helping me to get a handle on this overwhelming Case. Helps me to be more open minded and entertain scenarios I never thought of before.
The males were cowards so they probably made AW go just cause they didn’t fully trust her. Also they needed AW as the get away driver as all 3 males probably went into all locations.

IMO the babies were left alone. The killings were done very quick all within an hour. Those babies would be just fine for that little bit of time

BBM

Because I would never let murders happen. What makes Angie so different from me?

Why do some women stand by and let their BF/husband beat their kids to death? Why do some women kill their own kids?

We do not know what was going on in her head. Or what may have always went on in her head. Look at Andrea Yates who said "God told her to do it." Susan Smith who wanted to get revenge on her ex husband.

All we know is no one is stepping forward from her past or present to maintain she wouldn't do that. No one saying that she was a kind caring mother who couldn't do something like that. So the people who knows her the best apparently doesn't want to say she is not capable of killing 8 people.

All we have to go on is Angie's own words that she is a nature loving cook with a fantastic garden. No one else has came forward to say that about her. There is no evidence that any thing Angie said is the truth. So you cannot base your judgement of her on her own unverified words.

I could tell you people on here that I am a fantastic cook when the truth is I rarely step foot in the kitchen and my cooking is so bad that hubby won't eat it and does all the cooking himself.

She said that her sons and grandchildren are her life. Well if her sons are her life why isn't she stepping up to take the fall for them and get them out of jail? If her grandchildren are so important to her why did she put one of them through the agony of losing her mother?

JMO

Shoot the Women First by Eileen MacDonald is a book about the mind set of women terrorist. It's an interesting read if anyone wants to delve into the mind of a female who decides to cross the line and murder because feels her family is at stake. It's a proven fact women in these situations will go much further than their male counterparts. What happened to the Rhodens was and in my mind remain an act of terrorism. Reading the book might help people get a better understanding of what AW could be capable of doing especially if she thought they were going to lose control of SW.
It's just my opinion but I feel you can apply the above cases to how AW was and still is thinking. What people have a hard time wrapping their minds around is how a female, who is supposed to be the nurturer of a family, could do such a thing. By stepping outside of how and what we would do and put ourselves in her twisted shoes we might get a quick glimpse of what she would be capable of doing.

It's a scary thought I know but I honestly think they felt they were going to lose a family member and instead of doing what everyone else would do they jumped to murder.

BBM

JMO
I just recently watched a Netflix movie called the The Eichmann Show. In it the director filming the 1961 trial of Adolf Eichmann is obsessed at one point with keeping the camera on his face wanting to see him break down. The producer says to him something like, you're looking for the humanity that's just not there.

I think you will drive yourself crazy if you try and look for the humanity in any of the W four. IMO, none to be found. All those questions you pose, there's nothing there, no answers worth a damn. AJMO

WAVERLY, Ohio — Investigators interviewed Edward "Jake" Wagner just three weeks after eight members of the Rhoden family were found dead in rural Pike County, new court documents show.

The list of discovery provided to defense attorneys for Jake's dad, George "Billy" Wagner III, provides new insight into how investigators worked the case and closed in on the suspects who now stand charged with eight counts of aggravated murder and other crimes in the Pike County massacre.

Angela Wagner, who is Jake's mom and married to Billy, and George Wagner IV, who is Jake's brother, are also charged with the crimes. The discovery list shows that investigators interviewed Billy in September 2016 and Angela in October 2016. It was that month that Sheriff Charles Reader told WCPO that he believed the killers were locals, and not members of an international drug cartel as some had speculated. Then, investigators spoke to Jake again in April of 2017, and followed that up the next month with a series of interviews with all four of the suspects.

Those interviews in May of 2017 came before and after investigators searched multiple properties in Pike and Adams counties, digging through trailers owned by the Wagners and scanning land they owned with metal detectors. Those interviews were also done the month before authorities announced they were looking for information about the Wagners, who had then moved to Alaska.

MORE: Jake Wagner asks to appear in court without restraints

In addition to recordings of 13 interviews, prosecutors have turned over hundreds of photos and a 3D scan from each scene, as well as diagrams showing ballistic, biological and other evidence; more than 100 aerial photos; autopsy reports and X-rays of all eight victims; photos of a child of one of the victims taken at the hospital the day of the killings; photos from a property searched by investigators, including a photo of a burnt VCR and items found in a well; cell tower records; a "Boondock Saints" video clip; custody messages; Facebook screenshots; photos from other searches performed by investigators; a photo of George Wagner's tattoo; a gun list; a Walmart receipt and more.

Altogether, that's more than 5,000 pages of evidence so far, plus the videos, audio files and 3D scans. Mark Collins, Billy Wagner's defense attorney, previously said it was 30 GB of digital material, and just the "first chunk" of what they're expecting from prosecutors.

The longest list of provided discovery was filed alongside 41 motions from Billy Wagner's defense, asking for items like names of grand jury witnesses, for capital components of the case to be dismissed and for Billy to be able to appear at hearings in civilian clothes and without physical restrains.

Shorter discovery lists were also filed for George Wagner IV and Jake Wagner, who appeared in court for a pretrial hearing Thursday.

All four suspects charged with the Rhodens' deaths are being held without bond

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member