Found Deceased CO - Ryan Kirby-Daniels, 19, Eagle County, 22 May 2019

Cagle

Reaction score
Authorities in Eagle County are asking for the public’s help searching for a 19-year-old who has been missing for more than two weeks.

Ryan Kirby-Daniels was last seen on May 22 at 7:30 a.m. on Silver Street in Edwards, according to the Eagle County Sheriff’s Office.

He is 5 feet, 6 inches tall, 140 pounds and brown eyes. He has brown, shaved hair.
No other information was available on his disappearance.

If you see Kirby-Daniels, contact the Eagle County Sheriff’s Office at 970-328-8500 or Vail Public Safety Communications Center at 970-479-2201.

Man, 19, missing from Eagle County since May 22

Some more information in this article:

https://www.outtherecolorado.com/local-man-missing-while-camping-in-eagle-county/

. . .Ryan was the only one occupying a makeshift campsite down by the Eagle River on a semi-permanent basis, located just 150 yards from the town’s nearest rest area. . .

I wonder how close to the river his campsite was. I also wonder what possessions were found at the campsite. Was he robbed, did he decide to live even farther off the grid, or did he fall into the river?

Some more information in this article:

https://www.outtherecolorado.com/local-man-missing-while-camping-in-eagle-county/

I wonder how close to the river his campsite was. I also wonder what possessions were found at the campsite. Was he robbed, did he decide to live even farther off the grid, or did he fall into the river?
Ryan's mom here. It was close to the river. We think most items accounted for, but some may be missing. Falling into the river is a possibility. Drone search and water search are scheduled as soon as weather and overflow allow.

Ryan's mom here. It was close to the river. We think most items accounted for, but some may be missing. Falling into the river is a possibility. Drone search and water search are scheduled as soon as weather and overflow allow.
Welcome to Websleuths, KKirby. I am terribly sorry for what you are going through and I hope Ryan is located soon and safe. Please let us know if there is anything we can do to help you. MOO

JUN 18, 2019
Crime Stoppers offering up $1,000 in Kirby-Daniels missing person's case
Crime Stoppers is offering up to a $1,000 reward for any information on the disappearance of local 19-year-old Ryan Kirby-Daniels, who was last seen in Edwards on May 22. The Eagle County Sheriff’s Office is investigating.

Here’s the press release from the sheriff’s office:

The Eagle County Sheriff’s Office is continuing to investigate a missing person’s case involving a 19 year old last seen in Edwards.

(cont. at the link)

JUN 18, 2019
Crime Stoppers offering up $1,000 in Kirby-Daniels missing person's case
Crime Stoppers is offering up to a $1,000 reward for any information on the disappearance of local 19-year-old Ryan Kirby-Daniels, who was last seen in Edwards on May 22. The Eagle County Sheriff’s Office is investigating.

Here’s the press release from the sheriff’s office:

The Eagle County Sheriff’s Office is continuing to investigate a missing person’s case involving a 19 year old last seen in Edwards.

(cont. at the link)
Thanks, Pommy!

From your linked article:
Ryan Kirby-Daniels who was last seen on May 22, 2019 at 0730 hours at 65 Silver Street in Edwards Colorado.

Ryan Kirby-Daniels is 5’6” tall, 110 pounds with brown hair and brown eyes. Ryan’s last photo was with a shaved head in the photo below from May 24, 2019.

Is this a typo, or did RK-D post a selfie to a SM account on 05/24 after his last in-person sighting on 05/22?

Has anyone found any SM accounts for him?

Did he have a cell phone and if so, when was the last known activity on his phone?

JMO.

Vail Valley parents seek leads about missing son, Ryan Benjamin Kirby-Daniels

SABBM:
Ryan Benjamin Kirby-Daniels, 19, went missing May 22 while camping in the Edwards area.

“No one has heard from or seen him since,” said Stephen Daniels.

“We’re concerned, especially given some of the things he left behind that he normally would not,” said Stephen Daniels while taking a break from hanging posters around the area.

Ryan had been in basic training with the United States Air Force in San Antonio, Texas. He was discharged in April due to a hearing deficit, Stephen said.

Thanks, Pommy!

From your linked article:
Ryan Kirby-Daniels who was last seen on May 22, 2019 at 0730 hours at 65 Silver Street in Edwards Colorado.

Ryan Kirby-Daniels is 5’6” tall, 110 pounds with brown hair and brown eyes. Ryan’s last photo was with a shaved head in the photo below from May 24, 2019.

Is this a typo, or did RK-D post a selfie to a SM account on 05/24 after his last in-person sighting on 05/22?

Has anyone found any SM accounts for him?

Did he have a cell phone and if so, when was the last known activity on his phone?

JMO.
It sounds like he was last seen (physically) May 22 and I would guess that's a selfie taken on May 24. I don't see it on his FB but have not looked for an Instagram or Twitter account. Perhaps he texted it to someone or LE has his phone?

Here is his FB: Ryan Daniels

The article in post #1 says he has "brown, shaved hair," so either his head was already shaved when he was last seen or LE was aware of the photo. ?

ETA: I'm glad you asked about that photo because I meant to bring it here!

Ryan's last photo from May 24, 2019
daniels-300x455.jpg

Image source: Crime Stoppers offering up $1,000 in Kirby-Daniels missing person's case

It sounds like he was last seen (physically) May 22 and I would guess that's a selfie taken on May 24. I don't see it on his FB but have not looked for an Instagram or Twitter account. Perhaps he texted it to someone or LE has his phone?

The article in post #1 says he has "brown, shaved hair," so either his head was already shaved when he was last seen or LE was aware of the photo. ?

An article I linked above notes he was d/c'd from basic training in April, so that would likely account for the shaved head.

I do wonder where that picture from May 24th came from...especially whether or not his phone was found at the campsite.

JMO.

An article I linked above notes he was d/c'd from basic training in April, so that would likely account for the shaved head.

I do wonder where that picture from May 24th came from...especially whether or not his phone was found at the campsite.

JMO.
Oh, of course. I read that he was discharged in April but somehow "from basic training" snuck past me. duh...:oops:

ETA: I'm glad you asked about that photo because I meant to bring it here!

Ryan's last photo from May 24, 2019
daniels-300x455.jpg

Image source: Crime Stoppers offering up $1,000 in Kirby-Daniels missing person's case
His words from this FB page:
"Pistanthrophobic (fear of trusting others), anxious teen just trying to figure out who I am and what I'm gonna do with my life."

I learned a new word from this.

Oh, of course. I read that he was discharged in April but somehow "from basic training" snuck past me. duh...:oops:

There ain't nothing "duh" about you, Pommy!!! You do an amazing job of retaining your command of the facts, especially given the number of cases you follow.

FWIW, whenever things fly over my head (which is frequently), I always chalk it up to C8H10N4O2 deficiency.

Reward offered for info on missing Vail Valley man Ryan Benjamin Kirby-Daniels
SABBM:
His parents, Aimee and Stephen Daniels, have heard nothing since then. They filed a missing report in early June with the Eagle County Sheriff’s Office. Sheriff’s investigators haven’t heard anything either, even after they upped the ante with a cash reward.

“I think some of his friends may know more than they’ve told us. I wish they would share what they know. We’re hoping the reward might incentivize someone to come forward,” Stephen Daniels said.

He had wanted to join the Air Force for most of his young life and did this spring. A month or so later, he was medically discharged because of hearing loss.

His Air Force dream dashed, he was disappointed and depressed.

On the morning of May 22 he left family’s Eagle Vail home on foot. He landed with some friends in Edwards, where he spent several days.

He left his friends and set up camp in Edwards.

All his camping gear and other items were still at the campsite when his friends discovered it, but he wasn’t anywhere around.

Much more info at link.

This is by far the most informative article I've found so far about RF-D and the circumstances surrounding his disappearance.

I wonder how many organized searches have taken place around his campsite.

JMO.

Vail Valley parents seek leads about missing son, Ryan Benjamin Kirby-Daniels

SABBM:
Ryan Benjamin Kirby-Daniels, 19, went missing May 22 while camping in the Edwards area.

“No one has heard from or seen him since,” said Stephen Daniels.

“We’re concerned, especially given some of the things he left behind that he normally would not,” said Stephen Daniels while taking a break from hanging posters around the area.

Ryan had been in basic training with the United States Air Force in San Antonio, Texas. He was discharged in April due to a hearing deficit, Stephen said.
The things he left behind that he normally would not... Did he leave those things behind at home or at the campsite? MOO

On May 20, he left his parents house in EagleVail on foot. It is a 2-hour walk from EagleVail to the Silver St address in Edwards where he was last seen. Did a friend pick him up, live in between, or did he walk all the way to Edwards? Google Maps

He set up camp after his parents house and after being with friends. Did he carry his camping gear from his parents house, keep it at a friend's house in Edwards or what?

Why was he living at a campsite?
  • Apr 23 – Ryan was discharged from USAF Basic Training due to a hearing deficit.
  • May 20 – Ryan left his parents home in EagleVail, CO, was with friends that night, then soon set up camp in the Edwards area near the Eagle River.
  • His campsite was about 150 yds from the town's nearest rest area. Rest Area
  • He had a couple hundred dollars in his pocket when he left.
  • May 22, 7:30 a.m. – He was last seen at 65 Silver Street, Edwards CO.
  • May 24 - Last known photo of Ryan (shaved hair); source unknown.
  • Ryan was the only one occupying the campsite by the Eagle River on a semi-permanent basis.
  • All his camping gear and other items were still at the campsite when his friends discovered it, but Ryan was not.
  • His tent was found in good condition.
  • Ryan’s family is concerned because of things he left behind that he normally would not.
  • One article states that he was not reported to be suicidal or distraught at the time of his disappearance. Another says that he was disappointed and depressed after his Air Force dream was dashed.
  • LE says there is no reason to suspect foul play.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julandken
Back