Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #106

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are there ANY 18-40 year olds that don't?:p:D Kidding aside, I believe he had a cell phone.

I haven't had a regular telephone in almost 5 years. No landline or cell. While I'd wager that most people do have them, though, I could see him leaving his at home even if he just had a general sense of what he wanted to accomplish that day. Or taking a pre-pay phone if he had one. You don't have to register those. I bought a $20 phone at the dollar store and I put $40 on it every summer because my kids and I usually go stay at our vacation house by ourselves for a month or two. It's an 11 hour drive and I just prefer to travel with one. I use cash to put minutes on it and I paid for it with cash.

If he's the kind of person who doesn't always answer, of if he simply doesn't have many family and friends who call, I don't see it being out of the question that he simply left his phone at home. Despite the fact that the media jokes about everyone being tied to their phones, there are lots of us who are not and lots who don't have them at all. If he's a bit of a loner, perhaps nobody would've even noticed if they couldn't get through to him.

If he drove to Delphi, he probably left the cellphone in the car because you don’t want to drop off people’s radar for too long. He might have switched it off before leaving in the car, though.

If he lives in Delphi proper, he either left it at home, or still in the car, depending on how long he was lying in wait for that day.
I betcha that cell phone stayed home the whole time for BG.....moo

It’s not you, we’ve all been confused about the old vs new sketch.
Based on the below quote from ISP, I have interpreted it as two different people. The old sketch was of a POI. The new sketch is the killer. Again, it’s just my interpretation. I think many opinions have been offered here on this very topic. Any could be correct. Only LE really knows why.

"It was initially believed the sketch that has been in public view over the last two years of a person in the age range of his 40s to 50s was a person of interest in the murder investigation," state police said. "Now, as the investigation has matured and past information has been reassessed, it is the belief of investigators with the multi-agency task force that the person depicted in the sketch released on April 22 more accurately represents the person wanted for the murders of Abigail Williams and Liberty German.
ISP: First Delphi sketch is not POI in murders

I believe that old sketch, released around July 2017 was developed by FBI based on accounts of several witnesses.

After listening to retired FBI profilers on a program shortly after LE's 2019 presser, I believe old sketch depicts CE (Andy) who was arrested late January 2019 about 100 miles from Delphi during a sting operation, and charged with attempted child molestation, and one count of child solicitation.

Seems to me that CE had every reason to frequent wooded parks and trails, as he was mostly unemployed, and liked playing Rambo.

Also think it's highly likely he was present in Delphi on Feb 13, 2017 -- appearing suspicious to others, because he's reportedly a creepy dude that's usually on the prowl for underage girls.

However, I also believe that after CE was arrested, he was eliminated using DNA from having anything to do with the murder of Abby and Libby, and therefore old sketch needed to be completely eliminated from the public's domain and/or memory.

I also think the suspect (Sketch #2) in the murder of the girls is probably just as creepy and violent as CE.

MOO

CRIME HUNTER: Break in double murder of Indiana girls?

I haven't had a regular telephone in almost 5 years. No landline or cell. While I'd wager that most people do have them, though, I could see him leaving his at home even if he just had a general sense of what he wanted to accomplish that day. Or taking a pre-pay phone if he had one. You don't have to register those. I bought a $20 phone at the dollar store and I put $40 on it every summer because my kids and I usually go stay at our vacation house by ourselves for a month or two. It's an 11 hour drive and I just prefer to travel with one. I use cash to put minutes on it and I paid for it with cash.

If he's the kind of person who doesn't always answer, of if he simply doesn't have many family and friends who call, I don't see it being out of the question that he simply left his phone at home. Despite the fact that the media jokes about everyone being tied to their phones, there are lots of us who are not and lots who don't have them at all. If he's a bit of a loner, perhaps nobody would've even noticed if they couldn't get through to him.

if he actually does not have one, that says to me that he is not a college student or some one with a job that could require one. if he has a job, he needed Monday off to not have a phone at least in the vehicle, IMO.

if he actually does not have one, that says to me that he is not a college student or some one with a job that could require one. if he has a job, he needed Monday off to not have a phone at least in the vehicle, IMO.

He could also have a work-provided phone that he kept at home. My mom's a homebound teacher for the county and they provide her with a separate cell phone. Also, just because he was there on a Monday doesn't mean that he was taking the day off. He could work 3rd shift, Monday could be one of his regular days off, he could work for the school system so it was his day off as well, work could've been canceled for some reason that day, etc. Not everyone works Monday-Friday, 9-5. As a college student he could use Skype through his laptop or tablet and therefore not have a cell phone. He could also have given his phone up because he had trouble paying the bill. He could be a hipster who's trying to go Lo-Fi. Or he could have a burner phone.

Lots of reasons why someone may not have a phone.

Last edited:
Yep, saw that just as the police helicopter comes into view there are two or three flashes I think. That has to be the crime scene IMO.
On my Google Drive I uploaded the individual frames from the helicopter video from approximately 18:13 to 18:23 in the video. I say approximately because there are 30 frames per second and I am supplying 281 frames which is 9.366 seconds of video.

The link below will take you to my Google Drive where you should see a folder called Tent. double-click that and it will open to 281 image files that are the individual frames.

HelicopterVideoFrames - Google Drive

You can start by double-clicking on the first file and then when it is displayed use the arrows on either side of the image to go forward or backward.

What you will see is the CSI tent in the woods. You will see what appear to be firefighters walking near there in red suits very early. Part of the sequence is where the camera rapidly moves down and away before then aiming back at the area and pulling back on the zoom. What that will show is two or three pine trees (the only green things you will see in February). Those pine trees are located at the southwest corner of the cemetery. This should allow you to get a perspective of where the crime scene was relative to the cemetery.

Last edited:
On my Google Drive I uploaded the individual frames from the helicopter video from approximately 18:13 to 18:23 in the video. I say approximately because there are 30 frames per second and I am supplying 281 frames which is 9.366 seconds of video.

The link below will take you to my Google Drive where you should see a folder called Tent. double-click that and it will open to 281 image files that are the individual frames.

You can start by double-clicking on the first file and then when it is displayed use the arrows on either side of the image to go forward or backward.

What you will see is the CSI tent in the woods. You will see what appear to be firefighters walking near there in red suits very early. Part of the sequence is where the camera rapidly moves down and away before then aiming back at the area and pulling back on the zoom. What that will show is two or three pine trees (the only green things you will see in February). Those pine trees are located at the southwest corner of the cemetery. This should allow you to get a perspective of where the crime scene was relative to the cemetery.
VERY nice and helpful! Amazing, too. Thank you for sharing. It appears the crime scene was much closer to the cemetery than I previously thought, based on marked up maps I have seen. Though, it could be due to the angle of the camera. Very interesting to see these frames, but when you see the tent, it really hits home. Just plain sick, sinful, and sad.
JMO

Where the girls were found can be better approximated by using a video and an image.

First, on Sunday February 19, 2017 Rich Van Wyck (reporter for WTHR) posted this short video of flowers placed by family where the girls were found. One or both families, it isn't clear from his description.

Rich Van Wyk on Twitter

The first attached image is what is likely the most important image in terms of viewing the crime scene and using this image as a reference to correlate other photos and video to where those images or videos are aiming. It comes from the reporter for Fox59 that also had a walking video interview with RL to the crime scene. The second attached image that has an arrow pointing to the approximate location of where the flowers were (at least where I think they were) - just beyond end of the arrow point.

Attachments

• CrimeSceneRLdog.jpg
    CrimeSceneRLdog.jpg
    283 KB · Views: 138
  • WhereIthinkbodieswere.png
    WhereIthinkbodieswere.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 583
I am not that confused by the sketch strategy. I think investigators think that with enough tips because of the public's interest, they will stumble along the one tip that will lead to the killer's identification. And I think eventually that will happen. There is a cell phone video of this person because of Liberty German. I think the fear is what Abby's mother said at the beginning, that they might be here 10 years from now wondering who this person is.

But I do think this case will get solved eventually.
I do wonder if they have just pushed this old/new sketch out for publicity and to prod someone to snitch. MOO.

If he drove to Delphi, he probably left the cellphone in the car because you don’t want to drop off people’s radar for too long. He might have switched it off before leaving in the car, though.

If he lives in Delphi proper, he either left it at home, or still in the car, depending on how long he was lying in wait for that day.
Yeah but leaving it "accidentally" in someone else's car for the alibi then retrieving it after the crime. "Well my phone shows me at x location."

TYVM for this. Could you put the link in the media thread too, so it is easy to find when we are on the next (final hopefully?) thread?

How do we know he didn't have a cell phone on him? It could have been turned off. And him not taking Liberty's doesn't surprise me, even if he saw it. Cellphones are ubiquitous and part of the environment we don't even notice anymore. I'm sure it never crossed his mind that he was being recorded. Jmo

Last edited:

Thanks for this. Am I seeing it correctly? It looks kind of like a white vehicle/truck/camper. That's the CSI tent? It looks like a good stone's throw from the cemetery?

That doesn't seem to match with the location they were found closer to the water. Maybe it's a vehicle traveling to the site? I'm just trying to visualize it all in my head.

Where the girls were found can be better approximated by using a video and an image.

First, on Sunday February 19, 2017 Rich Van Wyck (reporter for WTHR) posted this short video of flowers placed by family where the girls were found. One or both families, it isn't clear from his description.

Rich Van Wyk on Twitter

The first attached image is what is likely the most important image in terms of viewing the crime scene and using this image as a reference to correlate other photos and video to where those images or videos are aiming. It comes from the reporter for Fox59 that also had a walking video interview with RL to the crime scene. The second attached image that has an arrow pointing to the approximate location of where the flowers were (at least where I think they were) - just beyond end of the arrow point.
There is definitely a path there, faint, but there is a path. Look where the dog is walking.

Rich Van Wyk on Twitter

Thank you! Is the white thing the tent? It thought it might be an ambulance based on shape and a pic I saw of an ambulance pulled far off the cemetery road. I’m the worst at spotting things in pictures thought. Very surprised I saw flashes in the video.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member