Chase Merritt Charged W/Murder of Joseph, Summer, Gianni and Joe Jr McStay #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Summer's mom took Bear. Digger, the puppy went to live with a good friend of the family. IIRC

I was there on day 9 when Bluth testified. I was sitting on the bench in the hall
next to him just making small talk before court began for the day. For example there was some random guy talking extremely loud on his phone about his girlfriend and cussing away. We just commented on that to each other. Nothing about the case because the jury was present. I had no idea who he was until he was called into the courtroom to testify. His testimony was brief. Nice guy though.

MOO

Thanks for the info everyone. I watched Mr. Bluth's testimony on YT. God bless that man. I've always wondered what happened to the dogs and am happy Bear (RIP) and Digger went to family.

I did. As soon as I discovered, that he was a double felon, ex-convict who had an outstanding warrant. And he kept taunting everyone (esp. LE), declaring that he "was definitely the *last* person who saw JM alive."

What a sick thing to say. Is he proud of his crime? This is just so unbelievably horrific. I cannot imagine what this family endured. My opinion only.

Last edited:
In fact there was a writer RB who wrote a scathing book accusing Summer. He was interviewed by Tricia and participated in the thread for awhile as a member (the threads are still available). IIRC CM helped provide info for his book.

Wow I'd like to use bad words about what SM endured so badly. A book? What an awful thing for SM's memory and for her family to have endured. I'm going to hope no one bought that book. Was rape, murder and murder of her babies just not enough punishment for SM from CM? She needed character assasination too? I wonder what SM did to deserve these things in CM's twisted mind. I wonder if there are other women CM has targetted. My opinion only.

Did anyone suspect CM before his arrest for this unspeakable crime?

I can only speak for myself, but my answer is a resounding YES!

I didn't post much prior to the bodies being found nor much afterwards in the old threads.

I'm just not interested in rumors, conspiracies or speculations of who the unknown suspect (at that time) could be when it's all actually based on nothing, but unsupported wild theories.

I did from time to time read some of the posts occasionally convincing me I did not want to participate in any of it which was chocked full of victim bashing, iirc.

I didn't watch the TV shows about it either, but by happenstance when flipping through the channels, I happen to see CMs interview on CNN iirc.

It was then I felt CM had murdered the McStay family, and until then I didn't know much about him. It was one of the most chilling, and revealing interviews I can remember.

Iirc, I do believe I posted CM would be the one arrested for all 4 murders. So I wasn't the least bit shocked when it came to pass since I expected it would happen one day if anyone was arrested for their murders.

Also, iirc, I was in the minority opinion at the time.

Others seem to have selected their own suspect long ago, and dug in even further on who they had speculated was the suspect.

I'm sure on many other blog sites they are still pushing their own prior theories, rank speculation, and biases even now.

The facts in evidence are what matters to me.

Imo, There is absolutely no doubt CM is the murderer of all four victims. No amount of spinning is going to ever change that either.

Jmho

Tracy's testimony is gut wrenching.
Am also struck by the fact that Taylor is still there to support her father until the end. Sad to see, actually.
The ripple effect or as the PT has said the butterfly effect.
And CM seemed cold and removed from all the testimony.
Trying desperately to look like a lawyer, still. Actually taking notes? One can only imagine what he is writing.

He seems cold, and removed because this is who he is, and will continue to be until his last toxic breath he takes.

No doctor in the world can put a conscience inside someone who doesn't possess one.

His daughter being there means nothing to him other than for others to see he has been able to control her even now.

It makes him feel powerful knowing she, and CJ will lie for him if he so desires it to happen just like both willingly did during the defense case.

Sociopaths will have only those around them if they make them look better. Those who are more than willing to stroke the beast's engorged narcissism.

Once they no longer do as they are expected to do at all times the sociopath will bannish them from their small pod they have to always put them in a better light.

If CJ ever walks away there will be hell to pay. He is capable of even doing harm from afar because imo he knows her own dark secrets.

Imo, she knows he will expose them in a heartbeat if he thinks she is trying to escape his grasp, and total control.

Jmho

Last edited:
Now - I need some help? I noticed someone mention Patrick was going to testify - did he? I didn't see it any tweets.

TIA! :)
He was supposed to. The pros even paid his fare to get there to do so. Not sure what happened. Daugherty mentioned Patrick many times as though he did testify. Maybe they felt they had enough.

Can I ask what was the motive for this crime in your opinions? Was it really about money/gambling debt/business debt or was it about attacking/raping SM?

Also, was this a pre-planned crime? Why choose a sledgehammer? Was it some last minute out of nowhere just decided to kill 4 people with whatever was lying around their house? Why kill them at all? I read in a CNN article that JM and CM were "good friends" who hung out together outside of work. Why would anyone murder their best friend? My head is clearly spinning.

What do CM's previous wives/girlfriends/mother of his kids think about this unbelievable act? It's not really fathomable that you could know someone capable of that.

I also read on CNN that CM was not charged with violent crimes in the past. How could this have been the first act of violence? One of the worst things I've heard of. My opinion.

Can I ask what was the motive for this crime in your opinions? Was it really about money/gambling debt/business debt or was it about attacking/raping SM?

Also, was this a pre-planned crime? Why choose a sledgehammer? Was it some last minute out of nowhere just decided to kill 4 people with whatever was lying around their house? Why kill them at all? I read in a CNN article that JM and CM were "good friends" who hung out together outside of work. Why would anyone murder their best friend? My head is clearly spinning.

What do CM's previous wives/girlfriends/mother of his kids think about this unbelievable act? It's not really fathomable that you could know someone capable of that.

I also read on CNN that CM was not charged with violent crimes in the past. How could this have been the first act of violence? One of the worst things I've heard of. My opinion.

I think greed, jealousy and hate is what got into Chase.

He wanted what Joey had as he watched him make more and more money and he had nothing. Then throw in the fact he hated Summer and the kids and he was forced to play nice to them and had Joey no doubt sticking up for them whenever Chase moaned.

He is not the kind of person who would think to himself he had a golden opportunity to make something for himself after years of ripping people off and Joey would do anything for him as long as he worked hard and keep his nose clean. His work started to get more shoddy, he started to steal the good parts Joey was paying for and then putting in inferior products and no doubt the list goes on. I think Chase to this day takes no responsibility for what he did and will be blaming Joey for his downfall as that’s the kind of person he is.

IMO

I think motive was a combination of issue's. Greed, jealousy, his hatred for Summer. And the final straw was that Chase knew he could end up back in jail. I think Joey had had enough. And on that last fateful day, told Cm he had enough. Maybe he gave CM an ultimatum. Pay up or go to jail. We know CM couldn't pay up, so.....

Greed. The gold digging cowboy is claim jumper through and through. He wanted something that didn't belong to him.

What do CM's kids think?

Why would JM have been making a lot of money and CM wasn't? They worked for the same company right?

This is so much to unpack at this late date. Did you watch all of the trial testimony? That may help answer some of your questions if you have not.

Personally, imo, he had a myriad of motives although financial greed/gain is certainly one of them, but not all of his depraved diabolical motives.

As for him having no violent criminal past actually is not an indicator of anything for him or any murderer. Many horrid murderers didn't even have as much as a traffic ticket before they committed the ultimate violent acts of brutal overkill homicides.

However many mass murderers like CM do have a criminal past much like he has done.

All of his prior crimes shows he had no qualms in victimizing others for his own financial greed.

Joey was CMs biggest cash cow so he had more secrets to hide, and the need to victimize him even more so than all of his other victims.

Imo, CM was out for good after Joey had already reduced his cut to almost nil due to the constant headaches CM caused him. CM is totally evil, and made sure if he was out he would make sure Joey wouldn't ever see a dime of the millions to come for EIP either.

It shows how deadly, and diabolical this truly is.

He felt by murdering Joey, and his family it would hide, and erase all of his illegal criminal activities, and hide he owed Joey over 42k he never planned to pay back.

Imo, he brutally raped Summer due to his abnormal hatred for her, and knowing he couldn't fool her. He knew he made her skin crawl just by being in his presence.

He savagely raped her because he wanted to, and knew Joey was helpless to stop him just like he murdered their precious little boys right in front of them both. Imo

He turned their happy home filled with goodness, and an abundance of love into a house of unspeakable horrors!

Jmho

Last edited:
What do CM's kids think?

Why would JM have been making a lot of money and CM wasn't? They worked for the same company right?

Have you watched the trial at all?

CM was very specific in explaining his work relationship with Joey. They each had their own companies.

His daughter testified on behalf of the now convicted quadruple murderer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ignoreme123