Found Deceased NE - Sydney Loofe, 24, Lincoln, 15 Nov 2017 - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
some updates
(Lori Pilger is from Lincoln Journal Star)

Lori Pilger‏ @LJSpilger 17m17 minutes ago
Susie Loofe was the first to take the stand. In her last text exchange with Sydney before texts stopped being delivered to her phone, she told her daughter she loved her & Sydney said she loved her, too.

Lori Pilger‏ @LJSpilger 14m14 minutes ago
Susie Loofe says her daughter struggled with depression and had gone home to Neligh the weekend before her disappearance. They took her back to Lincoln that Monday to see a doctor for it. But she had started new meds and had perked up, she said.

Lori Pilger‏ @LJSpilger 10m10 minutes ago
Susie Loofe twisted a tissue in her hand as the prosecutor showed her a Thanksgiving photo of Sydney from 2016, where Sydney wore the same pretty tank top she had on when she Snapped about going on a date Nov. 15.

Lori Pilger‏ @LJSpilger 8m8 minutes ago
When they found Sydney’s car keys in Clay County, Susie knew right away it was her daughter’s because of a little metal Superman on the key ring she’d given her.

Lori Pilger‏ @LJSpilger 6m6 minutes ago
Judge Vicky Johnson told the jury at the start today: “Mr. Trail was ill yesterday. That was the cause of the delay.” He’s at the counsel table today, brought in by wheelchair.

Knew they were going to go the weed route. You know the opinion or view of weed in some states is very different from where I live (CO). I think that would be laughed off rather fast here. Since it seems as though you live there could you share like current common perception of weed? still old fashion?

I'm not JenniD but I'm born and raised in NE. It completely depends on who you ask...I'm linking an article that I think gives a good overview. I'm a mid-30's age female living in one of the more liberal areas (Lincoln) of a very republican state (I'm not in anyway trying to make this political - I think you'll see my point) so my perception may be skewed. Here in Lincoln I think the general overview is positive, it should be legalized, if nothing else for the revenue legalizing could bring in. I believe the legislature has attempted to pass legislation allowing medical use for the last 5 years without success. The linked article talks about a few senators trying to get it on the 2020 ballot. Only time will tell how that ends up, my sense is that they will get enough signatures to get it on the ballot and it will likely pass - for medical use only. I would be shocked to see it ever passed for recreational use. The republican governor and the most successful retired football coach (Nebraska loves it's football) have spoke out against legalization. I'll go look and see if I can find the make-up of voters is in Saline county, that may be a better indicator of the perception to the jury - BUT it may not either.

I think (my perception) what people get the most upset about is seeing people travelling to surrounding states where it's legal...CO being one of them - thanks :p, and purchasing it there, and NE then loses out on that revenue.

Both sides of medical marijuana debate at work in Nebraska amid petition drive

Please, please, please don't take this as a political debate, I can only tell you that the legalization and the perception of marijuana has been VERY political in NE over the last few years.

I'm not JenniD but I'm born and raised in NE. It completely depends on who you ask...I'm linking an article that I think gives a good overview. I'm a mid-30's age female living in one of the more liberal areas (Lincoln) of a very republican state (I'm not in anyway trying to make this political - I think you'll see my point) so my perception may be skewed. Here in Lincoln I think the general overview is positive, it should be legalized, if nothing else for the revenue legalizing could bring in. I believe the legislature has attempted to pass legislation allowing medical use for the last 5 years without success. The linked article talks about a few senators trying to get it on the 2020 ballot. Only time will tell how that ends up, my sense is that they will get enough signatures to get it on the ballot and it will likely pass - for medical use only. I would be shocked to see it ever passed for recreational use. The republican governor and the most successful retired football coach (Nebraska loves it's football) have spoke out against legalization. I'll go look and see if I can find the make-up of voters is in Saline county, that may be a better indicator of the perception to the jury - BUT it may not either.

I think (my perception) what people get the most upset about is seeing people travelling to surrounding states where it's legal...CO being one of them - thanks :p, and purchasing it there, and NE then loses out on that revenue.

Both sides of medical marijuana debate at work in Nebraska amid petition drive

Please, please, please don't take this as a political debate, I can only tell you that the legalization and the perception of marijuana has been VERY political in NE over the last few years.

*it is only fitting my 420th post is about marijuana.

Thank you for sharing your insight on views/opinions of MJ in Nebraska. I lived in small midwest town, but I've been in CO for about 10 years now so I was curious if it was a lot of the same opinions it was back then. Also totally didn't take anything you wrote as "political." Very happy you shared what you did.

I would really be interested in Saline county so if you find that, definitely share! Sometimes you forget that other places are different and have really different views and opinions that could easily change the outlook of things.

Once again, thanks for sharing!

I admit I also counted 14 pieces and realized....14 pieces is a lot. He didn't dismember her, as he claims, because he panicked when she didn't fit in his trunk. If that were true, he wouldn't need to cut into 14 pieces. This crime was deliberate and done with a plan, imo.

jmopinion

Maybe he really ment a luggage trunk, and conveniently didn't specify. AT likes to word play a lot it seems. I don't remember a vehicle of any kind being mentioned.
IMO

I live in a county right next to Saline Co. and just knowing the towns in their county and their strong Czech heritage (Wilber is the Czech Capital of the U.S.A.) and the farming communities my opinion is they aren’t too concerned about legalizing marijuana. They celebrate with beer and a large Czech Days each year but that’s just my feel of the county, it’s communities, and the people I know personally from Saline Co.

For what it's worth (which isn't much, if anything), I don't think the weed is going to be an issue for the jury. The Loofes come across as good, honest people, and demographically, Sydney doesn't fit the stereotype around here of a "bad seed". If she had been someone else, then possibly, but not a beautiful, young, small town girl from a good family.

JMO

For what it's worth (which isn't much, if anything), I don't think the weed is going to be an issue for the jury. The Loofes come across as good, honest people, and demographically, Sydney doesn't fit the stereotype around here of a "bad seed". If she had been someone else, then possibly, but not a beautiful, young, small town girl from a good family.

JMO
I agree. I don’t see it as an issue. My observations so far is that people realize this is the only defense they have
I don’t think it’s going to fly

Another quick update. HR from menards testified to SL employment and 2 LE from Lincoln Police DEpt have testified regarding the initial search of SL apartment after wellness check and the request for pinging SL phone which pinged in Wilber
On lunch right now
Will report back

I’ve noticed that even conservatives from my tiny (600 people total pop) midwestern hometown have begun to post pro legalization articles on Facebook. Times are changing.

*it is only fitting my 420th post is about marijuana.

Thank you for sharing your insight on views/opinions of MJ in Nebraska. I lived in small midwest town, but I've been in CO for about 10 years now so I was curious if it was a lot of the same opinions it was back then. Also totally didn't take anything you wrote as "political." Very happy you shared what you did.

I would really be interested in Saline county so if you find that, definitely share! Sometimes you forget that other places are different and have really different views and opinions that could easily change the outlook of things.

Once again, thanks for sharing!

Here is what I found online with regards to voting in Saline county. Again, nothing that definitively points to how those in Saline County feel about marijuana use.
http://election.mips.me/election_files/Saline/2018_General_official_results.htm

Like I said earlier, the general sense I get is that a majority are in favor of legalization for medical use, if for nothing else, for the revenue sales would bring to the state.

I live in a county right next to Saline Co. and just knowing the towns in their county and their strong Czech heritage (Wilber is the Czech Capital of the U.S.A.) and the farming communities my opinion is they aren’t too concerned about legalizing marijuana. They celebrate with beer and a large Czech Days each year but that’s just my feel of the county, it’s communities, and the people I know personally from Saline Co.

And kolaches. The most important reason to go to Czech days in my opinion. :D

Sorry to interrupt!

Not just a bit but into 14 pieces???

This is crazy. Has he killed before I am now thinking?

I don’t know if I think he’s killed before- he didn’t do a very good job concealing this crime or covering his tracks... I’d be surprised that he evaded detection on a previous murder.

I don’t know if I think he’s killed before- he didn’t do a very good job concealing this crime or covering his tracks... I’d be surprised that he evaded detection on a previous murder.

Agree... super sloppy for a serial killer. I think all of his other crimes that he had somewhat talked his way out of made him too confident, and he thought he could talk his way out of this too. He wasn't even really concerned about covering it up. He seems pretty sure that he can outsmart everyone.

Another observation from today’s court proceedings. AT sat staring forward with little to no emotion . The only time I saw him do anything other than stare straight forward with index finger on lip and thumb on chin was when they showed pictures of B B shown as Audrey from the tinder app. He turned his head and stared at them the whole time.

IMO I think it’s very possible that he has killed before. I also think this may end up being far more gruesome and into the dark dark world than we ever imagined

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member