Deceased/Not Found IL - Yingying Zhang, 26, Urbana, 9 June 2017 #9 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
TB continues to try to get BC to tell her more for the recording. BC says he doesn't want to because telling other people is "the number one way people get caught with any crime," and that, hypothetically, if he HAD done something, it might bring the FBI to her doorstep
(Back to the serial killer conversation, I skipped over a note) BC explains that there was one killer who targeted prostitutes at truck stops, because BC says those types of people "aren't missed
BC claims he's a scapegoat, Bullis tries to get him to say more by claiming she has "Stockholm Syndrome" and would be loyal to him. BC says the only reason investigators had anything is because #YingyingZhang had a place to be, an appointment she didn't show up for
"They didn't find jack s***," BC tells TB, referring to the search of his apartment when the FBI seized his electronic
He tells TB on June 9th he drank two shots, but in hindsight wishes he'd have gotten drunk "Because, you know, then I wouldn't have uh...yeah..." @WCIA3
0 replies 2 retweets 4 likes
Reply Retweet 2 Like 4 Direct message
Aaron Eades

Verified account
@WCIA3Eades
2h2 hours ago
More
Recordings played again where BC tells TB the car is a false lead. "I'm sure in the back of their monds they're still hoping it's me because that's easy for them," he says @WCIA3
0 replies 2 retweets 3 likes
Reply Retweet 2 Like 3 Direct message
Aaron Eades

Verified account
@WCIA3Eades
2h2 hours ago
More
Day 7 begins with Bullis continuing her testimony. ASUA Nelson is asking the questions @WCIA3
0 replies 2 retweets 3 likes
Reply Retweet 2 Like 3 Direct message
Aaron Eades

Verified account
@WCIA3Eades
14h14 hours ago
More
NOTEBOOK: Day 5 is complete, along with the evidence exhibits. Day 6's DNA evidence testimony is up, but I didn't get around to uploading notes on Christensen's girlfriend's testimony yet.
2 replies 6 retweets 13 likes
Reply 2 Retweet 6 Like 13 Direct message
Aaron Eades Retweeted
Courtney Bunting

@cbuntingWCIA3
17h17 hours ago
More
Bullis said that wasn't possible because she has a platelet disorder and it takes forever for her to stop bleeding, says she would have known, had it been hers. @WCIA3
0 replies 2 retweets 2 likes
Reply Retweet 2 Like 2 Direct message
Aaron Eades Retweeted
Courtney Bunting

@cbuntingWCIA3
17h17 hours ago
More
In a recording from Bullis' recording device, Christensen (BC) can be heard saying there was blood on a baseball bat in his apt. He told Bullis it was her blood. @WCIA3
0 replies 2 retweets 1 like
Reply Retweet 2 Like 1 Direct message
Aaron Eades Retweeted
Courtney Bunting

@cbuntingWCIA3
17h17 hours ago
More
Bullis says Christensen talked about the thought of being monitored by surveillance a lot. She says Christensen's eyes got bigger and the speed of his voice got faster and he seemed "amused" when discussing it. @WCIA3
0 replies 4 retweets 4 likes
Reply Retweet 4 Like 4 Direct message
Aaron Eades Retweeted
Courtney Bunting

@cbuntingWCIA3
17h17 hours ago
More
Bullis says Christensen told her he had a conversation with his wife about violence, testing limits, and serial killer nature. @WCIA3
Aaron Eades Retweeted
Courtney Bunting

@cbuntingWCIA3
17h17 hours ago
More
Bullis says she and Christensen had a dominant/submissive relationship. At times she describes her behavior toward him as "diminutive" so that she didn't "compromise" her safety by coming across as knowing "too much." @WCIA3
Aaron Eades Retweeted
Courtney Bunting

@cbuntingWCIA3
17h17 hours ago
More
Terra Bullis (Christensen's girlfriend) says Christensen told her he was interested in experiencing things "outside" the bounds of what typical people experience. @WCIA3
1 reply 6 retweets 5 likes
Reply 1 Retweet 6 Like 5 Direct message
Aaron Eades Retweeted
Courtney Bunting

@cbuntingWCIA3
17h17 hours ago
More
I observed a portion of Brendt Christensen's girlfriend's testimony in Urbana for @WCIA3Eades this afternoon while he wrote his scripts for 5 & 6 on @WCIA3 . Here are my notes:
0 replies 3 retweets 4 likes
Reply Retweet 3 Liked 4 Direct message
Aaron Eades

Verified account
@WCIA3Eades
20h20 hours ago
More
...and that's where I walked out. Christensen appeared at times to wipe tears. Was looking down at the table and possibly avoiding eye contact with Bullis @WCIA3
2 replies 5 retweets 7 likes
Reply 2 Retweet 5 Liked 7 Direct message
Aaron Eades

Verified account
@WCIA3Eades
20h20 hours ago
More
Bullis says she was emotionally attached to BC, and that's why she decided to wear a wire for the FBI. Says she wanted to know whether he had anything to do with the missing student or not, whether it was true @WCIA3
0 replies 4 retweets 6 likes
Reply Retweet 4 Liked 6 Direct message

1. Also on June 27, about 3 days before Christensen was arrested, he suggested he was withholding info about the case to Bullis to avoid implicating her in the investigation as a possible accomplice. "That kind of loyalty is impossible to trust in," he said.

1 reply1 retweet0 likes

Show this thread

2. Matt Masterson‏ @ByMattMasterson 1h1 hour ago
    Bullis said she struggled to keep her emotions down as Christensen began talking about serial killers like Ted Bundy and John Wayne Gacy. "This is not something I can be excited about," she testified. When asked why she kept the conversation going, she said: "It was necessary"

PEORIA — When his ex-girlfriend walked into the courtroom, Brendt Christensen looked straight ahead.

As Terra Bullis walked by, he didn't make eye contact with the woman who wore a wire for the FBI and recorded him bragging in gruesome detail about how on June 9, 2017, he killed visiting University of Illinois scholar Yingying Zhang.
As she testified Wednesday, Bullis started to tear up at points, describing her complicated relationship with a man whose attorneys have admitted killed Ms. Zhang.
Christensen's ex-girlfriend on wearing wire: 'I wanted to know why he was lying'

I get a little satisfaction knowing he has to look at her and realize she outsmarted the "Bundy Wannebe".

Poor TEB, I really felt for her yesterday and more ahead for her today.

Is it me or has this seemed like a longgggg week to anyone else. This is my first twitter court case and compared to a live trial, time has dragged.

If BC does get on the stand, I wonder what his demeanour will be. Will he tell us what we want to know? That's the question.

I've not seen or heard much about YYs family in a few days. I worry about mum, she's not very strong and this must be a massive weight on her heart.
It's like a slow crucifixion, it's that long and windy!
worst possible trial format..

Not a word about the welfare of her family. Nada.
People are not reporting on their welfare, which is horrible.

Christensen lamented that whoever actually kidnapped Zhang "picked the wrong person" and should've instead chosen someone who's disappearance wouldn't set off alarm bells "Certain people aren't missed," he told Bullis in a recording (MM)

17h17 hours ago
More
Bullis said that wasn't possible because she has a platelet disorder and it takes forever for her to stop bleeding, says she would have known, had it been hers. @WCIA3
Aaron Eades Retweeted
Courtney Bunting

@cbuntingWCIA3
17h17 hours ago

More
In a recording from Bullis' recording device, Christensen (BC) can be heard saying there was blood on a baseball bat in his apt. He told Bullis it was her blood. @WCIA3
0 replies 2 retweets 1 like
Reply Retweet 2 Like 1 Direct message
Aaron Eades Retweeted
Courtney Bunting

@cbuntingWCIA3
17h17 hours ago

Did anyone figure out why he would state that the blood on the bat could have been from B?

The only guess I can take on this is that maybe he made her bleed once before while practicing BDSM behaviors. I cant think of any other reason why there would be B's blood on the bat and why he would say that.

WTH did this guy do to her during BDSM sessions?

Christensen lamented that whoever actually kidnapped Zhang "picked the wrong person" and should've instead chosen someone who's disappearance wouldn't set off alarm bells "Certain people aren't missed," he told Bullis in a recording (MM)
So this recording must have been prior to the vigil, where he admits to killing her, right?

Did anyone figure out why he would state that the blood on the bat could have been from B?

The only guess I can take on this is that maybe he made her bleed once before while practicing BDSM behaviors. I cant think of any other reason why there would be B's blood on the bat and why he would say that.

WTH did this guy do to her during BDSM sessions?
I don't know, exactly.. She said she had to call code RED on one occasion, from a pre-agreed coding system, common to bdsm practitioners... (she did name the codesystem, i didn't check it out)
He was 'spanking' her at the time, Red indicated he had gone too far, past pre-agreed limits. She stated things 'changed' between them after that incident. (yesterday's posts)
It really has felt as though this guy just wanted to kill a woman... he had no problems procuring sex, but he wanted more, and more and more, the ultimate kick was to allow him to take life away.
I wonder how he felt when he did just that.
He looked at *advertiser censored* the night he killed YY, in the secret file on his computer.
Suggests the killing had not gratified his sexual urges... Interesting....

More
Bullis says she was emotionally attached to BC, and that's why she decided to wear a wire for the FBI. Says she wanted to know whether he had anything to do with the missing student or not, whether it was true @WCIA3
0 replies 4 retweets 6 likes
Reply Retweet 4 Liked 6 Direct message

I struggle here too.

I wonder when exactly she determined that BC was likely the person that killed Yingying.

JMO
I cannot imagine she did not already suspect him once LE approached her and asked her to wear a wire. Most people know LE would not go to this extreme of secretly recording someone unless LE knew that person was likely the guilty person and she would know this. So I have a feeling that as soon as FBI started talking to her about BC she put two and two together and knew he could be responsible. LE may have even given her extra information they had to help her understand that BC was the murderer.

I think she suspected him right after FBI contacted her about him and the reason she wore the wire was to help LE prove it.

Last edited:
So this recording must have been prior to the vigil, where he admits to killing her, right?
yeah, apparently, 9 tapes, vigil was final tape.
Any missing prostitutes from that timeframe , do we know?
He must have been getting nervous by then..
maybe rationalising either an excuse or a ref to prior bad actions?? speculating

I struggle here too.

I wonder when exactly she determined that BC was likely the person that killed Yingying.

JMO
I cannot imagine she did not already suspect him once LE approached her and asked her to wear a wire. Most people know LE would not go to this extreme of secretly recording someone unless LE knew that person was likely the guilty person and she would know this. So I have a feeling that as soon as FBI started talking to her about BC she put two and two together and knew he could be responsible. LE may have even given her extra information they had to help her understand that BC was the murderer.

I think she suspected him right after FBI contacted her about him and the reason she wore the wire was to help LE prove it.
I think she knew she was in a danger zone with him, definitely after the code RED call... after that she was probably in that awful state where reality keeps converging with denial , hoping she was wrong, but when she heard the actual words, her castle in the air collapsed, she was v upset when she handed over those tapes.
Defense will destroy her on cross, next.

Christensen laughed when he told Bullis he had "chopped (Zhang's) head off" after describing how she had "valiantly" fought for her life. "I said that was the end of it," he can be heard saying on the recording, "... None of this *advertiser censored*' zombie *advertiser censored*."

0 replies0 retweets0 likes

these tweets are the lead up to the march nad that confession
  1. Bullis asked him why he wanted to go. "Have you not seen enough of the posters and the news articles?" She texts him. He implored her to go, and eventually she agreed @WCIA3

0 replies0 retweets1 like

2. Aaron Eades‏Verified account @WCIA3Eades 8m8 minutes ago
    BC tells her to meet him at Krannert for the walk for #YingyingZhang . "I am going to this no matter what," he texts her, "I'd love it if you were there with me." @WCIA3

Bullis says she then went to the FBI office to pick up the recording device. Took an alternative bus route to get to Krannert (to make sure she wouldn't run into him
(remember when we were speculating about the thing he took from his pocked on the tape we saw of vigil?)

They met on the steps at Krannert. BC took TB's collar out of his backpack (it's a BDSM thing, he calls her his "kitten", etc.) She testifies that she told him it would be inappropriate to wear it at a somber event like the walk. He didn't make her wear it @WCIA3

1. Bullis insists that Christensen wasn't drunk during the walk-- he was carrying a water bottle that was maybe 1/5 full of some kind of alcohol, and every time he took a drink, he had her take a drink @WCIA3

0 replies2 retweets3 likes

2. Aaron Eades‏Verified account @WCIA3Eades 6m6 minutes ago
    When BC told her everyone was "here for me", Bullis says she figured she oughta record this. Sonshe went to the bathroom to turn on the device. @WCIA3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam