OH Pike County: 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue, 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested#49

Status
Not open for further replies.
If less is more why did they tack on a 23rd count for Jake?

Unlawful Sexual Contact With A Minor

https:/count/23
That is a real mystery to me. I'm convinced they would not have added that charge unless it was an important building block in the prosecution's case against Jake. The charge just seems so obvious to me. I'll be curious to see how they use that charge at trial.

Oh drats, more patient waiting!

Maybe it is one of the building blocks for making the case against him/them. Charging him with that possibly could open the conversation for a motive down the road. I don't know, just trying to figure things out. I don't say much, Y'all have things covered so well. MOO
Frankie, I think you nailed it!
Thank You!

That is a real mystery to me. I'm convinced they would not have added that charge unless it was an important building block in the prosecution's case against Jake. The charge just seems so obvious to me. I'll be curious to see how they use that charge at trial.

Oh drats, more patient waiting!

You and @rsd1200 are probably both correct. A building block for the Case and a sure fire Conviction. Question answered.;)

Hey has anyone ever thought that the woman’s boot print that was at the Rhodens/Gilley crime scene was in left in the dry blood at Big Chris where his and GR body where dragged to the back bedroom?

PIKETON, Ohio — Tony Rhoden climbs into his pickup truck and drives alone out to Union Hill Road. This is a trip he makes each evening now, just before the sun dips behind the hillside.

If they've done what they were supposed to, a couple of his nephews have already been there.

The boys toss grain for the dozens of guinea fowl, chickens and banty roosters — some in coops, some that roam this land that has belonged for decades to the Rhoden family. They slop the one hog out back, a beast of an animal that tops 500 pounds.

Tony knows his nephews do it right. But he stops every night anyway

I would say the killers came in right off the highway because if you walk anywhere close to those Guinea Fowls they let everyone know someone is around outside,JMO

MittenSarpetta, do you think BJM stopped by Big Chris the night of the murders and spooked the killers and that is why the bodies of CR,S and GR where moved to the back bedroom?
No, I don’t think that at all. I think perhaps someone listed on the cell phone data retrieval discovery with an abundance of phones may have been around the property. But that’s not my first guess. My first guess is I think Gary was moved so when anyone came to Chris’, went to the door and it was locked, if they peeked in the window they wouldn’t see Gary laying there. All of the other victims were out of sight from the front door and front windows as far as we know. Moving Gary put him out of sight as well. More than likely, I’d guess he was moved for that reason. That potentially could have given the killers more time when it came to the victims being found.

What would have happened had BJM not went in Sr’s house that morning? How long would it have taken for anyone to discover all 8 victims? My personal opinion is: had BJM not went in Sr’s house that morning, it would’ve been at least a couple more hours before any victims were discovered. At some point, Dana’s employer would’ve potentially reached out to her emergency contact because she didn’t show up to work-out of character for Dana. BBL, I’m sure would begin to worry sometime that morning when neither Chris and Frankie (and Gary if he was supposed to work there that day) didn’t show up. I’m sure CH would’ve began to worry when he couldn’t get a hold of HMR. So, it was only a matter of time before the victims were found but still all of the doors were locked. And all the victims were out of sight from the front doors (to my knowledge). BJM should be considered courageous for going in Sr’s that morning and Frankie’s too. I think she’s courageous and my heart goes out to her. I cannot imagine the hell she has lived in mentally since finding her loved one like that. Had she not unlocked Chris’ door, more time would’ve passed before discovery. And looking at it from a Wagner standpoint, that was one of the errors they made. Thankfully. They didn’t remove the spare key from outside Sr’s house. JMHO with some facts and lots of intuitive reasoning.

ETA-how ignorant to lock doors but leave windows open. Unless of course the windows were left open in hopes of confusing time of death by altering the temperatures inside the homes. Still ignorant. That’s the thing with murderers, most almost always think they’re so smart and figure out ways to outsmart LE, but like Dewine stated-mistakes were made. Every murderer makes mistakes.

Last edited:
In addition, the state fire marshal's office helped in the investigation, and the Franklin County dive team came from Columbus to, among other things, run special cameras down into wells to look for evidence.

DeWine and Reader prepared the public from the start for the fact that this investigation wouldn't come cheaply. The trailer moves, plus having a contractor board up the Rhoden family outbuildings to prevent vandalism and looting, cost $63,000. As much as $38,000 of that could be reimbursed through the state's Office of Criminal Justice Services, and Reader said he intends to seek that help.

I wonder why the state fire marshal is helping out in the Rhodens/Gilley murders, I wonder if it’s got to do with the loss of million dollar horses in a barn fire?

In addition, the state fire marshal's office helped in the investigation, and the Franklin County dive team came from Columbus to, among other things, run special cameras down into wells to look for evidence.

DeWine and Reader prepared the public from the start for the fact that this investigation wouldn't come cheaply. The trailer moves, plus having a contractor board up the Rhoden family outbuildings to prevent vandalism and looting, cost $63,000. As much as $38,000 of that could be reimbursed through the state's Office of Criminal Justice Services, and Reader said he intends to seek that help.

I wonder why the state fire marshal is helping out in the Rhodens/Gilley murders, I wonder if it’s got to do with the loss of million dollar horses in a barn fire?
INTERESTING thought about the loss of million dollar horses. I’d never considered that angle.

Maybe those charges will be added on to whoever gets a guilty verdict. I have always wondered about this too. Anyone found guilty of the murders is guilty of child endangerment and more.

Most on here think Angela was there but if she was why didn't she move the babies into something safe like their crib or playpen or bassinet where they would at least be safe from suffocation. They moved Chris and/or Gary but why not take a baby out of bed and move it to a safer spot?

I have a theory on your thoughts. I believe AW was at Frankie’s but I don’t believe she did the killings. I think BR may have awakened and she sat with him while the men did the job. The reasoning is that may explain why BR’s CCH interview appears in her discovery. He may not have known who she was but he knew she was a female. I also believe she was in Dana’s home but I’m not sure if she pulled a trigger. My thoughts are that she might not have gone to HMR’s room, perhaps because she didn’t want to see the newborn in this state. If she doesn’t actually see the little ones then it’s easier not to think about leaving them there (out of sight, out of mind). Also, by moving the little ones to a safer place you are showing compassion and it would definitely point a finger at AW. JMOO.

Johnny,
What properties and when did the state fire marshal visit with their cameras?

Honestly, I think they were probably called in because they owned the specific equipment/cameras that were needed for the searches. There is a very eerie pattern of people using wells to hide evidence and corpses.

But you are correct, the Wagner's have had more than their share of fires involving insured animals....:(
JMO

Last edited:
No, I don’t think that at all. I think perhaps someone listed on the cell phone data retrieval discovery with an abundance of phones may have been around the property. But that’s not my first guess. My first guess is I think Gary was moved so when anyone came to Chris’, went to the door and it was locked, if they peeked in the window they wouldn’t see Gary laying there. All of the other victims were out of sight from the front door and front windows as far as we know. Moving Gary put him out of sight as well. More than likely, I’d guess he was moved for that reason. That potentially could have given the killers more time when it came to the victims being found.

What would have happened had BJM not went in Sr’s house that morning? How long would it have taken for anyone to discover all 8 victims? My personal opinion is: had BJM not went in Sr’s house that morning, it would’ve been at least a couple more hours before any victims were discovered. At some point, Dana’s employer would’ve potentially reached out to her emergency contact because she didn’t show up to work-out of character for Dana. BBL, I’m sure would begin to worry sometime that morning when neither Chris and Frankie (and Gary if he was supposed to work there that day) didn’t show up. I’m sure CH would’ve began to worry when he couldn’t get a hold of HMR. So, it was only a matter of time before the victims were found but still all of the doors were locked. And all the victims were out of sight from the front doors (to my knowledge). BJM should be considered courageous for going in Sr’s that morning and Frankie’s too. I think she’s courageous and my heart goes out to her. I cannot imagine the hell she has lived in mentally since finding her loved one like that. Had she not unlocked Chris’ door, more time would’ve passed before discovery. And looking at it from a Wagner standpoint, that was one of the errors they made. Thankfully. They didn’t remove the spare key from outside Sr’s house. JMHO with some facts and lots of intuitive reasoning.

ETA-how ignorant to lock doors but leave windows open. Unless of course the windows were left open in hopes of confusing time of death by altering the temperatures inside the homes. Still ignorant. That’s the thing with murderers, most almost always think they’re so smart and figure out ways to outsmart LE, but like Dewine stated-mistakes were made. Every murderer makes mistakes.
Mistake #1 - Boondock Saints came out in 1999. They used a 17 year old movie to plan the 2016 murders. They forgot that scientific analysis of evidence has come a LONG way since 1999, particularly in the fields of DNA, forensics, facial recognition and camera quality. Also, cell phones can pretty much track your movement, they were not so widely used or affordable in 1999.

If they were true to the plot of the Boondock Saints movie, they would have spread ammonia over the crime scenes to attempt to destroy any DNA evidence. As we all know, ammonia has a toxic and strong odor.

I think they came and left through the front doors. If the hidden key was missing, LE would have known right away it was not a drug cartel, but someone very close to them that would have known where the key was kept. They locked doors on way out to delay discovery of the crimes.

In the trailers where they left small children they opened the windows so the children didn't die of the odors.

Notice CRsr's dogs were outside the house when BJM arrived that morning, that struck BJM as very unusual. The W4 love dogs, they have cried over dogs, they didn't want risk killing the dogs by ingesting or smelling any ammonia.

Anyway, just a possible scenario, JMO, MOO etc.....

ETA - Was Brownie found outside too?

Last edited:
Johnny,
What properties and when did the state fire marshal visit with their cameras?

Honestly, I think they were probably called in because they owned the specific equipment/cameras that were needed for the searches. There is a very eerie pattern of people using wells to hide evidence and corpses.

But you are correct, the Wagner's have had more than their share of fires involving insured animals....:(
JMO

PIKETON, Ohio — Tony Rhoden climbs into his pickup truck and drives alone out to Union Hill Road. This is a trip he makes each evening now, just before the sun dips behind the hillside.

If they've done what they were supposed to, a couple of his nephews have already been there.

The boys toss grain for the dozens of guinea fowl, chickens and banty roosters — some in coops, some that roam this land that has belonged for decades to the Rhoden family. They slop the one hog out back, a beast of an animal that tops 500 pounds.

Tony knows his nephews do it right. But he stops every night anyway

I would say the killers came in right off the highway because if you walk anywhere close to those Guinea Fowls they let everyone know someone is around outside,JMO
Johnny, you're going to need to help me out again here:)

What the heck are Guinea Fowls? And where were they?

ETA - Dudly, I'm apologizing in advance if they are those chickens.......................

Johnny, you're going to need to help me out again here:)

What the heck are Guinea Fowls? And where were they?

ETA - Dudly, I'm apologizing in advance if they are those chickens.......................
Guineas is like a blue chicken but are very aggressive and they make a funny noise, if something disturbs them they will start making that noise really loud and if a person walks within 100ft of them in the night time they will let the owner know before a watch dog does also a chicken hawk doesn’t mess with Guinea, that’s why Frankie had them with his fighting roosters, JMO

Brently's interview is listed in Angela's Discovery: Brently NCH CAC (1 video)

It is possible, because this is listed, that Brently did see or hear something that night but the Wagner's didn't know that until now. Now, with their attorneys, they can view the whole interview. According to CR, in an interview, Brently did go to NCH in Columbus.

Image: glassdoor.com
Nationwide Children's Hospital is a primary pediatric hospital in Columbus, Ohio, with more than 1,379 medical staff members and over 11,909 total employees. In recent years, the hospital has been ranked as one of America's Best Children's Hospitals by US News & World Report. It is also the pediatric teaching hospital for The Ohio State University College of Medicine.

WHAT IS A CHILD ADVOCACY CENTER?
CACs are child-focused facilities that help abused children heal by coordinating the investigation and treatment of child sexual abuse and providing children and families access to long-term advocacy and healthcare. To better understand what a CAC is, you must understand what children face without one.

'I picked up daddy's hand, and it just fell,' said 3-year-old after he found murdered father

By 5 p.m. Brentley was tired and hungry. He left for home with his mom when she got a call from the Ohio Bureau of Criminal Investigation to take her son to Nationwide Children's hospital in Columbus, where he was interviewed.

"They let him draw it out,'' she said. "It kind of looked like scribbles. But the way he talked, he didn't really seem to see anything."

That was the last time authorities spoke with Brentley. Robinson gave a statement that night, and a couple weeks later police also took DNA from her — routine in such cases.

As the year has progressed though, Brentley has shared bits and pieces in a way only a pre-schooler can.

Robinson doesn't push. She doesn't ask questions.

She just lets him share as he is ready and able.

"For the longest time, he thought his dad turned into a zombie because he did see the blood,'' she said, adding the family watches AMC's series The Walking Dead, which is about zombies. "He said, 'I picked up Daddy's hand, and it just fell.' Then he went back to watching TV."

I'm having a difficult time coming up with any other reason why that video evidence of his interview would be in her discovery. Something in that interview connects that poor little boy with AW that night.

• He didn't have a cell phone or any other means to communicate w/AW
  • He was home all evening
  • He was there when the murders happened
  • He didn't leave until BJM rescued him
  • He went from the home to BJM's car
  • From BJM's car, EMS took him to the hospital
  • Unlikely AW was at the hospital or talked to him there
  • Unlikely AW was at the crime scene when BJM and LE were there, so...
When would AW have interacted with Brently?

Pike County: 'I was not leaving those babies in there'

Mother of 3-year-old who survived Pike County shootings learns to adjust

ETA: Brently's mom was at Frankie's place with Brently until 10:30 pm the night of the murders. She didn't mention seeing AW there during that time.

Last edited:
Guineas is like a blue chicken but are very aggressive and they make a funny noise, if something disturbs them they will start making that noise really loud and if a person walks within 100ft of them in the night time they will let the owner know before a watch dog does also a chicken hawk doesn’t mess with Guinea, that’s why Frankie had them with his fighting roosters, JMO
That makes a lot of sense. So do you think that the Guineas alerted the Rhodens that someone/something had come onto their property that night?

Jake. He probably said he wanted to kill Hannah. Than after the "alleged" fight Billy probably said "Let's just kill them all."

JMO
One guess would be Jakes Mom. Watching him go through the pain of the break up AND needing to fix it. Then the little girl being introduced to new "new Daddys" Angela wasnt having it. She probably was wild with her talk of revenge. Talk and hate building up is one thing,knowing your Mom is capable of killing someone or being in on it is quite another. Wonder what they think about her now?! Gotta mess them up mentally? Jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member