Canada - Barry, 75, & Honey Sherman, 70, found dead, Toronto, 15 Dec 2017 #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't mean they were killed because they were going to steal her will. I only pointed out that at least one thing is missing, and using that as an example to show that maybe other things were missing that we don't know about yet.

Such as the Very expensive diamond collection Honey was rumored to have? As I recall it was referred to as "world class".

I believe it was Kerry who mentioned that but don't quote me on that.

Such as the Very expensive diamond collection Honey was rumored to have? As I recall it was referred to as "world class".

I believe it was Kerry who mentioned that but don't quote me on that.
Canadian tycoon Barry Sherman 'killed wife then himself' | Daily Mail Online
rbbm
"He drove a clapped-out old car, refused to buy a new television when his old one barely worked, bought cheap shoes and clothes and would sneak back into the theater when he went so that he could see a second movie for free.

In stark contrast, Winter said, Honey was rumored to have one of the world's largest diamond collections"

Canadian tycoon Barry Sherman 'killed wife then himself' | Daily Mail Online
rbbm
"He drove a clapped-out old car, refused to buy a new television when his old one barely worked, bought cheap shoes and clothes and would sneak back into the theater when he went so that he could see a second movie for free.

In stark contrast, Winter said, Honey was rumored to have one of the world's largest diamond collections"

The Daily Mail quoting Kerry Winter about a rumour.

That’s peak journalism right there.

We seem to be in a 'dead' phase (pardon the pun) in this investigation. The media has been tied up with Raptor stories, so I do not think the media is pursuing this case too hard right how.

Maybe it is time for a review of where we are at in this case.

*I believe the murder/suicide theory has been discarded by all but the most diehard conspiracy theorists.

*The TPS have an operating theory of what happened, and have some suspects.

*The TPS do not have enough evidence to lay charges that would result in a conviction, as of yet.

*I think the family's Greenspan Investigation team has not been very effective, as they have not released any information to the public, and/or the family still is trying to control information flow.

*Based on the length of the TPS investigation, I would speculate that plot to murder the Shermans was quite complex and sophisticated. I also would speculate that there might be some direct/indirect relationship of the perpetrators with the Shermans and the family which also adds complexity for the TPS.

These are just my own opinions.

Since I'm not Canadian, I don't have a dog in this fight about the capabilities, investigative protocol or other insights into TPS specifically, but I do think that incompetence and laziness are universal, and if TPS was looking for the easy way out on investigating this high-profile case, the murder/suicide speculation would have been pursued. Easy peasy, case closed. Suicide is any easy ruling for police departments unwilling or unable to dedicate the resources and time to solving homicides and it also doesn't negatively impact their solve rates. Now, whether the family pressure/Greenspan forced TPS's hand and now they're just "going through the motions" to keep the family happy without any real investigation, I don't know, but personally I doubt it. I think this case is very complex - though the final resolution, killers, and motives might be simple, eliminating all the other possible suspects/motives/contacts in the Sherman's large family, social, and especially business circles is going to take a very long time.

Here's to them finding a smoking gun - one can always hope!

We seem to be in a 'dead' phase (pardon the pun) in this investigation. The media has been tied up with Raptor stories, so I do not think the media is pursuing this case too hard right how.

Maybe it is time for a review of where we are at in this case.

*I believe the murder/suicide theory has been discarded by all but the most diehard conspiracy theorists.

*The TPS have an operating theory of what happened, and have some suspects.

*The TPS do not have enough evidence to lay charges that would result in a conviction, as of yet.

*I think the family's Greenspan Investigation team has not been very effective, as they have not released any information to the public, and/or the family still is trying to control information flow.

*Based on the length of the TPS investigation, I would speculate that plot to murder the Shermans was quite complex and sophisticated. I also would speculate that there might be some direct/indirect relationship of the perpetrators with the Shermans and the family which also adds complexity for the TPS.

These are just my own opinions.

Thank you Windsor. I know these are your opinions, but I don’t know of any public indication from LE that they have suspects- only the opinion of Joe W.

I wonder why there has never been any mention or interview with this guy?
It really could have been anyone, and it could have been multiple people, different person/persons for each of them since they didn't arrive home at the same time. What if the cleaning lady or plant-person or personal-trainer or relative or friend had been the last to see H at the home earlier before B arrived home? I'm also assuming that there may have been others at the Apo offices where B was, after the time when said architect left.

I think that often the public may associate the 'last person to see a victim alive' with potentially being the one to have caused harm to the victim, since obviously whoever saw the victim alive last is a major clue in what happened in any given case. It seems that often LE like to keep that detail to themselves for investigative reasons. If media had pursued 'the architect' for comment, they may not have known which person(s) at the given firm was the one to have actually met with them.

I followed a case awhile back where a man killed his ex, whom he had 'a great relationship' with. LE kept it to themselves who was last to have seen the victim. Sleuthers spent lots of time theorizing who it was. Then later it came out that it was this wonderful ex, and their thoughts on the ex started to change. I'm sure police don't wish that sort of thing on anyone (since they may have had nothing to do with it), and people likely don't want to bring that sort of thing upon themselves either. So imo, I don't think it is that bizarre that we don't know who the last person to see each of them was, why do you suspect this is meaningful that it isn't known?

Thank you Windsor. I know these are your opinions, but I don’t know of any public indication from LE that they have suspects- only the opinion of Joe W.

Since the TPS have stated they have a theory of what happened, to me at least, it follows they have suspects. These suspects may be unidentified as far as their names. The FBI would call them 'unsubs'. But they exist and are real people.

Since the TPS have stated they have a theory of what happened, to me at least, it follows they have suspects. These suspects may be unidentified as far as their names. The FBI would call them 'unsubs'. But they exist and are real people.

Wasn’t that theory mentioned in support of a motion to suppress disclosure?

Frankly it could be as loose as “an aggrieved business contact lay in wait and killed H and then B”. That’s a theory but it leaves a long list of suspects.

I do think police are making some headway. My guess is it is someone who had a non-Apotex related dispute with Barry. Problem is that’s not a short list.

It really could have been anyone, and it could have been multiple people, different person/persons for each of them since they didn't arrive home at the same time. What if the cleaning lady or plant-person or personal-trainer or relative or friend had been the last to see H at the home earlier before B arrived home? I'm also assuming that there may have been others at the Apo offices where B was, after the time when said architect left.

I think that often the public may associate the 'last person to see a victim alive' with potentially being the one to have caused harm to the victim, since obviously whoever saw the victim alive last is a major clue in what happened in any given case. It seems that often LE like to keep that detail to themselves for investigative reasons. If media had pursued 'the architect' for comment, they may not have known which person(s) at the given firm was the one to have actually met with them.

I followed a case awhile back where a man killed his ex, whom he had 'a great relationship' with. LE kept it to themselves who was last to have seen the victim. Sleuthers spent lots of time theorizing who it was. Then later it came out that it was this wonderful ex, and their thoughts on the ex started to change. I'm sure police don't wish that sort of thing on anyone (since they may have had nothing to do with it), and people likely don't want to bring that sort of thing upon themselves either. So imo, I don't think it is that bizarre that we don't know who the last person to see each of them was, why do you suspect this is meaningful that it isn't known?

I just think its a little odd considering the press has been going around the neighbourhood knocking on doors in search of a story. Just seems that it would be pretty simple to track down the architect and get some insight in to their last moments together. I'm also very aware that the family has tried to keep everything possible out of the public eye, so it is possible that they have contacted the architect and persuaded him/her to remain silent.

If I had been working for the Sherman's, the last thing I would do is talk (blab) to the media. Not only is that considered unprofessional, it could risk revealing police hold back information in a murder investigation. It doesn't seem odd to me that the press didn't score certain interviews. Jmo

If I had been working for the Sherman's, the last thing I would do is talk (blab) to the media. Not only is that considered unprofessional, it could risk revealing police hold back information in a murder investigation. It doesn't seem odd to me that the press didn't score certain interviews. Jmo

Even if you aren’t bound by professional ethics, it’s tacky.

Granted it might be tacky, but also granted that lotsa people love to see their name or face in the media, for their 15 minutes of fame.

And I wouldn’t expect a professional retained by billionaires and a witness in a murder investigation to proceed in such a coarse fashion.

What “lotsa” people might do has no bearing on this specific situation.

And I wouldn’t expect a professional retained by billionaires and a witness in a murder investigation to proceed in such a coarse fashion.

What “lotsa” people might do has no bearing on this specific situation.
I agree. That person would have tarnished his reputation for having the ability to maintain confidentiality, a quality which I'm sure might be important to any clients the person/firm served. imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrak