Chi l'ha Visto - Scomparsi - Liam Biran - La scheda

1558368937755BiranLiam_scheda.jpg

Liam Biran disappeared
Sex: M
Nationality: American
Size: 173
Brown eyes
Black hair
Distinguishing features: spacing between the two incisor teeth of the upper arch
Disappeared from: Turin, Italy
Date of disappearance: 09/05/2019
Publication date: 20/05/2019

Liam Biran, 32, sommelier, originally from New Jersey (United States), has been traveling around Europe for about a month. Thursday 9 May, around 9 am, with a flight from Athens, he arrived in Turin. The last telephone contact he had with his brother-in-law the same day, but then, from that moment, there was no news from him. In the previous days he had expressed to his family the desire to reach the Turin Porta Susa station and then to take a train from there to Paris. He may have lost his documents and his cell phone and found himself in trouble. He does not have drugs for his daily therapy.

Liam Biran disappeared | US-Israeli | Porta Susa Station | 10 May 2019

He is a sommelier and wine merchant by trade. He has black hair and brown eyes and eyes. He had recently visited some vineyards in Israel on the border with Lebanon and spent a few days in Athens (Greece).

From 6 May he lost all contact with family members (to whom he said he would go to Paris), but his last track is dated 10, when he made a credit card payment to a station ticket vending machine of Porta Susa: ten euros. Probably bought a local train ticket.

Scomparso Liam Biran | Statunitense-israeliano | Stazione Porta Susa | 10 maggio 2019

Giovane americano compra a Torino un biglietto ferroviario per Aosta e scompare

The last recorded movement is the purchase of a train ticket from Turin to Aosta with a credit card at a ticket machine at Porta Susa station. Then Liam Biran, a brilliant 32-year-old sommelier of Israeli-US origin who disappeared from the railway station of the Piedmontese capital on 10 May, seems to have vanished into thin air. The disappearance of the young man was the subject of Raitre's show 'Who saw him?', that aired the desperate appeals of Liam's parents.

The 32-year-old was only passing through Italy, from where he called his family to inform them that he wanted to take a train to most likely go to France, to Paris. A much-appreciated sommelier despite his young age, Liam Biran trades in wines and is a resident of Marlboro, New Jersey (USA) and also owns a house in Tel Aviv, Israel.

The parents hired a private investigator who in recent days has actively sought the young man in Turin, of course, but also in Aosta, destination of the train ticket purchased at Porta Susa, but of Liam no trace. Among the hypotheses, also that the sommelier was robbed or kidnapped and that the ticket was purchased by someone else in possession of his credit card, which, however, is not verifiable because the camera aimed at the ticket machine was not in operation. He was in possession of an IPad that has been switched off for several days now.

Liam has black hair and brown eyes; it is not known what he was wearing when he disappeared.

BBM

Chi l'ha Visto - Scomparsi - Liam Biran - La scheda

1558368937755BiranLiam_scheda.jpg

Liam Biran disappeared
Sex: M
Nationality: American
Size: 173
Brown eyes
Black hair
Distinguishing features: spacing between the two incisor teeth of the upper arch
Disappeared from: Turin, Italy
Date of disappearance: 09/05/2019
Publication date: 20/05/2019

Liam Biran, 32, sommelier, originally from New Jersey (United States), has been traveling around Europe for about a month. Thursday 9 May, around 9 am, with a flight from Athens, he arrived in Turin. The last telephone contact he had with his brother-in-law the same day, but then, from that moment, there was no news from him. In the previous days he had expressed to his family the desire to reach the Turin Porta Susa station and then to take a train from there to Paris. He may have lost his documents and his cell phone and found himself in trouble. He does not have drugs for his daily therapy.

"He does not have drugs for his daily therapy."

This translation is confusing. What would a therapy involve without drugs? Talk? Exercises?

IMHO this should read:

"He does not have the medication for his daily treatment with him"

and that is another cause for concern.

From the June 12 article below (automatic translation):

"He had told his parents that within the next two days he would be in the Piedmontese capital and that he would probably go camping before leaving for Paris from the Porta Susa station."

"In the mystery of his disappearance there is also the mysterious female voice that answered from his iPad before hanging up."

Liam Biran, americano scomparso a Torino/ Spunta biglietto per Aosta (Chi l'ha visto)

Apparently he had a flight scheduled on May 16th from Paris to the US.

Last edited:
Liam Biran, americano scomparso a Torino/ Spunta biglietto per Aosta (Chi l'ha visto)

Liam Biran had taken a trip to Europe before his planned return to America. From Turin he should have gone to Paris, but in reality he could have stopped in Aosta and there his tracks would have been lost permanently. The case of the 32-year-old's disappearance, who was last heard by his family on 7 May, starts from the few clues available. He told his parents that within the next two days he would be in the capital of Piedmont and that he would probably go camping before leaving for Paris from Porta Susa station. In the French capital he would then take a flight (already scheduled) to the United States departing on May 16. With his credit card, however, on May 9 he bought a ticket for a few euros to Aosta: was it Liam who bought it? This question cannot be answered because the camera above the ticket machine was out of order. No image, therefore, would testify that it was he who bought the ticket. It's possible that then, afterwards, he got on the wrong train and ended up somewhere else, but where? To the mystery of his disappearance is also added the voice of a mysterious female who answered from his iPad before hanging up. Who is she? Was Liam the victim of a theft?

"We thought of so many possibilities, so many things that might have happened, but let's not lose hope, I think he could be somewhere in a bar chatting with someone and could have found a place where he found a job, where he can earn what he needs to live," are the hopes of his father.

BBM

Well, eeeh.... unless he found the love of his life and did not dare tell his parents, IMHO it is more likely that Liam and his iPad are no longer together.

Well, eeeh.... unless he found the love of his life and did not dare tell his parents, IMHO it is more likely that Liam and his iPad are no longer together.
If he only had his valuables/documents stolen, that's no reason for not being able to contact the authorities and find a way to get through to his family by now. There must be more than that at play.

Last edited:
I update you from Italy; last Wednesday the broadcast Chi l'ha visto? focusing on the disappeared in Italy, has released new worrying details on the disappearance of Liam Biran; it seems that the boy before leaving for Italy witnessed a murder in the room next to his when he was in a hotel in Israel; what happened in that hotel? Has Liam witnessed or heard anything?

Chi l'ha visto? - Puntata del 19/06/2019 - video - RaiPlay

Video in italian language, and registration is required; I only put it as a source.

I update you from Italy; last Wednesday the broadcast Chi l'ha visto? focusing on the disappeared in Italy, has released new worrying details on the disappearance of Liam Biran; it seems that the boy before leaving for Italy witnessed a murder in the room next to his when he was in a hotel in Israel; what happened in that hotel? Has Liam witnessed or heard anything?

Video in italian language, and registration is required; I only put it as a source.

Oh my goodness, that doesn't bode well. :(

So was it actually Liam that got to Italy then? Or someone posing as him. Urrrgh.

I watched the 10 minute video (Liam's case starts at about 1:38:30). From what I understood (I'm not fluent in Italian):

The murder supposedly occured in Tel Aviv. Italian TV (RAI) correspondent in Jerusalem relayed information from a police spokesperson. Apparently a Filipino woman killed her husband and is currently in jail. I've seen no proof that this murder took place anywhere near where Liam was staying; they only said it was in the southern part of Tel Aviv. I assume they had a time frame as well.

If Liam was upset about the murder taking place in the next hotel room, if this was the same case from the previous paragraph, I don't think he was in danger, as the person responsible is in jail.

Liam's Italian friend, who lives in Pompei, gave an interview. Liam contacted her a week before and told her about his plans to come to Torino. The two didn't meet on this occasion.

They also spoke about his plans to go to Nice from Torino, before returning to the US. Detectives even went to Nice to look for him. There was no word about Aosta, the local destination for which he bought a train ticket, or that someone might have seen him on the train. There was no mention of his iPad either.

Liam's mother gave an emotional appeal for his return. He was supposed to move to Washington D.C.

It was him in Italy. He spoke with his parents. No need for speculation, just read the info.
Sorry if i offended.
Only 2 weeks i came back from Athens, there were no checks apart from scanning boarding passes. Anyone who looked syrian or Afghanistani were pulled to one side. Everyone else rushed through. Passport control was a joke they were not looked at.

He bought his plane tickets in advance. It seems that he was planning to take a train from Turin to Nice and then to Paris. He had plenty of time to make stops along the way before his return home.

Timeline:
Turin - Thursday, May 9 (around 9am - arrives on a flight from Athens; last in phone contact with his brother-in-law the same day)
Turin - Friday, May 10 (Porta Susa station - train ticket to Aosta bought with his card)
Aosta - ?
Nice - ?
Paris - Thursday, May 16 (had a plane ticket to US)

Some sources claim tha he had a house in Tel Aviv (or perhaps his relatives had one). Why would he be staying in a hotel then? I think his Italian friend also first met him at a hostel in Tel Aviv.

There are also differing reports about his last contact with family.

2 hours and 23 minutes ..... any indication when they speak about Liam Biran? (please!!)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
idrainuk
Back