ID - DeOrr Kunz, Jr., 2, Timber Creek Campground, 10 July 2015 - #31

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why did they change their story so damn often? None of their stories matched, even down to what they had for breakfast or what they did or didn't did in town.

I really don't know and it's odd but I do not personally believe his parents hurt him, sold him, panicked after an accident, or "disappeared him."

If you google DIY Ford 4x4 Econoline Monster Van Life, you can see and hear Vernal, (Monster being the operative word) suspect in his son's disappearance, enjoying the heck out of his life. No signs on his van asking us to look for little Deorr though.
o_O WOW! Really DK you ! :eek: It's a shame stupidity isn't painful. ;)

I really don't know and it's odd but I do not personally believe his parents hurt him, sold him, panicked after an accident, or "disappeared him."

I think they might have. I cannot understand why they couldn't tell a true, consistent version of their camping trip, if they are innocent.

How hard is it to say who made breakfast, what time and what they ate? Their stories are all over the place.

The same with their stories about why they went to town and what they did.

And they said they took Deorr into the store and he played with the cashier. The cashier denied that.

Dad said that Deorr met the beer truck driver and got to sit inside the truck in the drivers seat. NO WAY that happened said the delivery driver. He said he always parks in the back of the store, not the front. And he never allows anyone in his truck. he would be fired if he did so.

Why would the parents need to lie like that?

I don’t either. But then where is he? Baffling.
I didn't start out suspecting them. I always try to give the parents the benefit of the doubt.

But I have followed this case closely since the start. And nothing the parents said or did made any sense. After awhile, I became very suspicious of them. I now believe they did something neglectful and lost their son. Then they covered by pretending he was lost. JMO

I am sorry to hear about great grand father’s death. I do wonder if this will make a difference in the story the other three adults at the camp site will now tell.

My opinion has always been that great grandfather knew something. However, he would not speak up to put blame on the person/s responsible.

Is this a case where the secrets of DeOrr’s death went to the grave?

Here is what the sheriff had to say about the parents:

SALMON — The Lemhi County Sheriff says the parents of DeOrr Kunz Jr. have been “less than truthful” during polygraph tests and interviews with investigators.

DeOrr Kunz Sr. and Jessica Mitchell were officially named suspects Monday in connection with the child’s disappearance. Previously, the parents had been persons of interest in the case.

Sheriff Lynn Bowerman tells EastIdahoNews.com that Kunz and Mitchell have changed their story “numerous times” about what happened during a family camping trip on July 10.

In a July interview with EastIdahoNews.com, Kunz and Mitchell said they were camping in Leadore when they left their son with Robert Walton, Mitchell’s grandfather, and Isaac Reinwand, a friend of Walton. The couple says they went on a 20-minute walk and when they returned, DeOrr was gone.

Bowerman says the parents have told investigators conflicting stories “since the beginning.”

“Their timeline keeps changing, where they were at keeps changing, and movements and statements about DeOrr Jr. keep changing,” Bowerman tells EastIdahoNews.com.

DeOrr's parents named as suspects in child's disappearance | East Idaho News

That^^^ is what the sheriff and the polygraph tests had to say about lil DeOrrs parents. They were not telling the truth about his disappearance.

I didn't start out suspecting them. I always try to give the parents the benefit of the doubt.

But I have followed this case closely since the start. And nothing the parents said or did made any sense. After awhile, I became very suspicious of them. I now believe they did something neglectful and lost their son. Then they covered by pretending he was lost. JMO
Now that I can agree on. I don’t think the parents deliberately hurt their son to cause his death. One of them being neglectful, yes I can see that happening. Moo

I am sorry to hear about great grand father’s death. I do wonder if this will make a difference in the story the other three adults at the camp site will now tell.

My opinion has always been that great grandfather knew something. However, he would not speak up to put blame on the person/s responsible.

Is this a case where the secrets of DeOrr’s death went to the grave?

Didn't Bob say in an interview, when pressed where DeOrr was and what happened, something like "what's done is done"?

Here is what the sheriff had to say about the parents:

SALMON — The Lemhi County Sheriff says the parents of DeOrr Kunz Jr. have been “less than truthful” during polygraph tests and interviews with investigators.

DeOrr Kunz Sr. and Jessica Mitchell were officially named suspects Monday in connection with the child’s disappearance. Previously, the parents had been persons of interest in the case.

Sheriff Lynn Bowerman tells EastIdahoNews.com that Kunz and Mitchell have changed their story “numerous times” about what happened during a family camping trip on July 10.

In a July interview with EastIdahoNews.com, Kunz and Mitchell said they were camping in Leadore when they left their son with Robert Walton, Mitchell’s grandfather, and Isaac Reinwand, a friend of Walton. The couple says they went on a 20-minute walk and when they returned, DeOrr was gone.

Bowerman says the parents have told investigators conflicting stories “since the beginning.”

“Their timeline keeps changing, where they were at keeps changing, and movements and statements about DeOrr Jr. keep changing,” Bowerman tells EastIdahoNews.com.

DeOrr's parents named as suspects in child's disappearance | East Idaho News

That^^^ is what the sheriff and the polygraph tests had to say about lil DeOrrs parents. They were not telling the truth about his disappearance.

That is what the prior Sheriff said. The lead deputy on the case is now the Sheriff and he has said no such thing publicly.

That is what the prior Sheriff said. The lead deputy on the case is now the Sheriff and he has said no such thing publicly.
The new sheriff, Sheriff Penner, said in May 2017:
Penner is expecting phone calls and possible sightings of DeOrr once the image is released. Although DeOrr’s parents, Vernal Kunz and Jessica Mitchell, have been named suspects in his disappearance, Penner hasn’t ruled anything out.

“I’ve said in the past that we keep everything open to every possibility,” Penner says. “In this case, obviously, the investigation has driven us further in one direction than the other but we still have to keep it open.”
Sheriff's Office to resume search at campsite for DeOrr Kunz Jr.
In July 2017 Penner said:
The sheriff did reveal that he has been in recent contact with the child's father.

Also, Sheriff Penner has confirmed to KTVB that the child’s parents remain classified as uncleared persons of interest in this case.
DeOrr Kunz's family still searching, two years later

I don't see where Penner has cleared anyone in the family. He may be softening Bowerman's statement but it's a far cry from him saying "no such thing publicly."

And I doubt the polygraph results changed when Penner took over from Bowerman. JMO per the articles.

Investigator planning to release Kunz case interviews after final part of lawsuit is dismissed | East Idaho News

IDAHO FALLS — A judge has dismissed the final part of a lawsuit against a private investigator originally hired by the family of DeOrr Kunz Jr. to help find the missing toddler.

Dennis “DeOrr” Kunz, DeOrr’s grandfather, and Vernal Kunz, DeOrr’s father, filed a lawsuit in 2017 against Philip Klein of Texas-based Klein Investigations and Consulting for breach of contract, infliction of emotional distress, libel, slander and fraud.

A judge dismissed most of the case in February and last week the remaining part was dropped.

“I would like to thank the district court for their decision. This case has been and always will be about finding the baby DeOrr Kunz,” Klein said in a news release. “My prayer is that DeOrr is found and our investigation was wrong. Unfortunately, it is my belief that our investigation is correct and the proper suspects have been named.”

The lawsuit came about after Klein made statements to news outlets concerning his investigation into DeOrr’s disappearance. In those statements, Klein gave his opinion and talked about the inconsistency in the family’s stories, blood found on the tire of a truck, a positive hit from a cadaver dog and Vernal failing multiple lie detector tests. He also claimed the family knew what happened to the child and speculated that he was dead.

According to court documents, no evidence proving Klein’s statements were false was presented.

Have little Deorr’s parents moved away and gone on with their lives?

The parents got a divorce, pretty quickly. Jessica remarried soon after, leaving their apartment abandoned.
Investigators got hold of everything that was put into storage, and found the jacket that DeOrr Jr. was supposedly wearing on the day he went missing.:eek:o_O

Police seemed to imply they were dealing with a possible homicide.

No arrests have been made, but it appears that Jessica and DeOrr Sr. remain suspects.

DeOrr's parents were never married.

If I recall correctly, The jacket found was similar, not THE jacket.

It means nothing, in my opinion, that DeOrr's mom got married. It doesn't indicate DeOrr's mom "moved on" from her son in any way.

All my opinion only.

DeOrr's parents were never married.

If I recall correctly, The jacket found was similar, not THE jacket.

It means nothing, in my opinion, that DeOrr's mom got married. It doesn't indicate DeOrr's mom "moved on" from her son in any way.

All my opinion only.
I dont think we know if it was 'the ' jacket or just similar.

They may not have been married legally, but they were living together as a family unit and broke up quickly.

It does seem to me that she did move on from her son somewhat. By lying to detectives about the details surrounding the days leading up to his disappearance, she moved on from him, in my opinion.

Uncleared person of interest is entirely different than a suspect. Penner has never named a suspect.

The new sheriff, Sheriff Penner, said in May 2017:

Sheriff's Office to resume search at campsite for DeOrr Kunz Jr.
In July 2017 Penner said:

DeOrr Kunz's family still searching, two years later

I don't see where Penner has cleared anyone in the family. He may be softening Bowerman's statement but it's a far cry from him saying "no such thing publicly."

And I doubt the polygraph results changed when Penner took over from Bowerman. JMO per the articles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288