Newbie thoughts

sketchyjen33

Reaction score
Ok....so, I've gone back and read a bunch of the old threads and tried to read all of the replies and go to the different links (most are "Not Found" :(). Here's my thoughts/questions on some stuff:

Teacher/sub answers for that day: she tells Kyron's friend that "maybe he's in the restroom" but then marks him absent at 10:00. Chaperone says that she started with 6 kids, made it back to class with only 5. (haven't pinned this down as rumor/fact--only saw if mentioned once) ????
It's never been confirmed that Baby K was in school...what I can assume is that, maybe TH dropped her off (saw a comment made about babysitter not wanting to come forward...) so that she wouldn't be screaming during science fair (due to ear infection), and she picked her up along the way to pharmacy/store...but did she have enough time that morning to drop her off before heading to school/picking up classmate of Kyron's? Was baby K in the surveillance videos from Fred Meyer??

8:45--taking picture of Kyron, in classroom, but says that at 8:45 she was standing in stairwell (that has a wall blocking view of classroom) waving to Kyron as he is walking DOWN the hall to class (but he was coming from the other stairwell--wouldn't that be walking UP to class?) DOWN--away from TH, UP--towards TH??
9:12--is this the first Fred Meyer or the second? (I'll have to look at timeline/maps again)

Gym time--did anyone ever comment on how she looked when she showed up?? Was she disheveled? Hair look sweaty? Clothes look sweaty or dirty or whatever they would like if someone had been doing some hard labor/exerting herself?? Even if she had a pre-arranged spot/plan in place....she would have looked worse for the wear! Hole dug--she would have to fill it in. Traipsing around the country side to get to the water--she's gonna exert herself with 50+ pounds that she's carrying. Even if it was almost 45 minutes later, you're gonna look different after killing someone. It irks me so much that I can't find anything from the people at the gym.

I don't think she put him in the water. Being a "crime junkie" myself...we all know, what goes in the water, comes out of the water. She would know that that little body would show up at some point. I know that the water runs fast in that area that they were searching but he would have showed up sooner rather than later. And even if she loaded up the blue tote with rocks/water/whatever...that's 50 pounds plus the added weight that she just didn't look capable of moving by herself (at that point in her life).

I don't think she would have used the landfills/dumpster (unless it was to dispose of plans/lists/burner phones). I feel like that might have been too easy for her to think of....unless she used the blue tote and it got missed....

Would she have used DDS to drive Baby K around while she did all of this?? Had her meet her in a prearranged spot...have her take baby K in her car so that TH could finish (maybe not telling her what was going on or telling her that she's meeting her boyfriend/whatever and needs DDS to just take the baby for a bit? That's why truck isn't seen around town/backroads--that we can be sure of? So, could LE have put a flier out with DD's car on it--even though she wasn't a POI?

Sauvie Island phone pings--is it possible to still be on the mainland and have the phone ping on that tower, if you are close enough to island??

Really long first thread, sorry. Just some of what I have.

Tipster saw TH truck 6/4 AM near SI

Could this have been her? That would make her hitting the 1st Fred Meyer at 9:12, doing whatever between 9:15 to 9:45, and getting to the 2nd Fred Meyer before 10AM. Seems like a stretch.....30 minutes to drive/commit murder/hide body/drive to next spot...not a lot of time for what seems like a lot of crime.

EDIT: nope. 2nd FM isn't even close to Logie Rd.

Last edited:
Regarding BabyK at Fred Meyer. There was a video interview with Terri’s acquaintance Andrea L. available online at one time, who said she saw Terri and the baby at the store. I’m not sure that interview is still available anywhere but I’ll look to see if I can find it.

Below is a WS post by Ruby Red from August 16, 2010. The KOIN link is no longer working.

“On June 4, between 9:30-10 a.m., Andrea Leckey ran into Horman at the Fred Meyer along Walker Road in Beaverton, sharing an encounter that was the longest they had ever had.

I think the thing that seems odd about it perhaps is that we were just passing each other by and in a few seconds, with her daughter being sick in her arms, made a point to show me the picture."

http://www.koinlocal6.com/news/loca...er-encounter-with/ZRn4GrYpt0a0BAxulU8rEA.cspx

I’m not sure that TMH would’ve had DDS drive BabyK around because according to DDS’s coworkers that day, her car (with her phone inside) never left the premises of the farm where she was working. IIRC, they looked for DDS but couldn’t find her. IIRC, the farm was quite large (40 acres) and I think it would’ve been possible that TMH could’ve picked DDS up on the back side of the farm on one of the back roads there. There was also a rancher who reported seeing a white Ford truck parked along side of a remote logging road near his property that day. That area was searched by LE several times including a major grid search.

Off to look for the interview with the rancher who said he saw her white truck parked on a logging road.

JMO

Interview with rancher, Fred Hall, who saw a white truck parked at the gate of a logging road with a gal sitting in it.

*Unfortunately, the KATU link no longer works.
http://www.katu.com/news/local/114935669.html

“At least one neighbor now says he wonders if what he saw the day Kyron disappeared is important.

Fred Hall, a rancher, said on Monday he saw a white pickup on the Friday that Kyron disappeared about a mile down the road.

“It was a white truck and it had a gal sitting in it,” he said.

Hall said he called in the tip to investigators and told them where he saw the unfamiliar truck on Skyline Boulevard.

“It was parked at one of the gates,” he said.

Investigators said they are specifically searching the land around turnouts that have gates where a car or truck could easily park. Many of the gates aren’t locked and a car or truck could drive in and disappear down a gravel road.

Since August investigators have wanted people who think they saw the white truck Kyron’s stepmother, Terri Horman, drove to Skyline School the morning Kyron disappeared to come forward.

The searches concentrated on an area about six miles to the northwest of Skyline School.

Crews searched the area around Moreland Road and Skyline Boulevard and canines were used to the south of the road.”

JMO

Last edited:
Ok....so, I've gone back and read a bunch of the old threads and tried to read all of the replies and go to the different links (most are "Not Found" :(). Here's my thoughts/questions on some stuff:

Teacher/sub answers for that day: she tells Kyron's friend that "maybe he's in the restroom" but then marks him absent at 10:00. Chaperone says that she started with 6 kids, made it back to class with only 5. (haven't pinned this down as rumor/fact--only saw if mentioned once) ????
It's never been confirmed that Baby K was in school...what I can assume is that, maybe TH dropped her off (saw a comment made about babysitter not wanting to come forward...) so that she wouldn't be screaming during science fair (due to ear infection), and she picked her up along the way to pharmacy/store...but did she have enough time that morning to drop her off before heading to school/picking up classmate of Kyron's? Was baby K in the surveillance videos from Fred Meyer??

8:45--taking picture of Kyron, in classroom, but says that at 8:45 she was standing in stairwell (that has a wall blocking view of classroom) waving to Kyron as he is walking DOWN the hall to class (but he was coming from the other stairwell--wouldn't that be walking UP to class?) DOWN--away from TH, UP--towards TH??
9:12--is this the first Fred Meyer or the second? (I'll have to look at timeline/maps again)

Gym time--did anyone ever comment on how she looked when she showed up?? Was she disheveled? Hair look sweaty? Clothes look sweaty or dirty or whatever they would like if someone had been doing some hard labor/exerting herself?? Even if she had a pre-arranged spot/plan in place....she would have looked worse for the wear! Hole dug--she would have to fill it in. Traipsing around the country side to get to the water--she's gonna exert herself with 50+ pounds that she's carrying. Even if it was almost 45 minutes later, you're gonna look different after killing someone. It irks me so much that I can't find anything from the people at the gym.

I don't think she put him in the water. Being a "crime junkie" myself...we all know, what goes in the water, comes out of the water. She would know that that little body would show up at some point. I know that the water runs fast in that area that they were searching but he would have showed up sooner rather than later. And even if she loaded up the blue tote with rocks/water/whatever...that's 50 pounds plus the added weight that she just didn't look capable of moving by herself (at that point in her life).

I don't think she would have used the landfills/dumpster (unless it was to dispose of plans/lists/burner phones). I feel like that might have been too easy for her to think of....unless she used the blue tote and it got missed....

Would she have used DDS to drive Baby K around while she did all of this?? Had her meet her in a prearranged spot...have her take baby K in her car so that TH could finish (maybe not telling her what was going on or telling her that she's meeting her boyfriend/whatever and needs DDS to just take the baby for a bit? That's why truck isn't seen around town/backroads--that we can be sure of? So, could LE have put a flier out with DD's car on it--even though she wasn't a POI?

Sauvie Island phone pings--is it possible to still be on the mainland and have the phone ping on that tower, if you are close enough to island??

Where is the documentation that she picked up a classmate of Kyron’s

Where is the documentation that she picked up a classmate of Kyron’s

This post from BeanE on June 16, 2010. The news link no longer working. :/

Horman's Desk Mate Says Substitute Noticed Him Missing
Last Update: 6/09 11:30 pm

snip the first person to notice Kyron Horman was missing was a substitute teacher who was taking a head count as the second and third grade class was re-assembling after visiting other classrooms for a science fair at Skyline School last Friday.

"And she was like 'oh no where's Kyron there's only five' and Mrs. Porter was like it's okay calm down, calm down he's probably in the bathroom or getting a drink of water and she said alright I'm going to leave and she left, " says Tanner Pumala.

snip Tanner says Kyron was in school for at least an hour Friday morning and that he saw Kyron's step-mother leave the school without Kyron.

snip Upon hearing the substitute teacher noticing that Kyron was not present in the classroom, Pumala says the regular teacher said Kyron had probably gone to get a drink of water or to use the bathroom.

snip Pumala's grandmother says F-B-I agents and Multnomah County investigators have asked Pumala and his grandmother not to speak with the media, for reasons they did not divulge. Fuhrur says she decided to allow her grandson talk snip

http://www.koinlocal6.com/content/n...itute-Noticed-Him/TVY3YTREG0SyCP3tb3MkZg.cspx

WS thread: The last person to have seen Kyron

“Pulmela’s grandmother says F-B-I agents and Multnomah County investigators have asked Pumala and his grandmother not to speak with the media, for reasons they did not divulge. Fuhrur says she decided to allow her grandson talk.”

^^This always bothered me so much. If the FBI asks you not to talk to the media, then you don’t talk to the media. Instead she paraded her 2nd grader grandson all over the media, even having TP do a sit down, on-camera interview.

JMO

but did she have enough time that morning to drop her off before heading to school/picking up classmate of Kyron's? Was baby K in the

I can't find the thread that had a mention of a possible classmate riding in with them. I know it's here, but trying to narrow down where I saw it. So scratch that part. My bad.

I can't find the thread that had a mention of a possible classmate riding in with them. I know it's here, but trying to narrow down where I saw it. So scratch that part. My bad.

That was probably my post that referred to TMH picking up and taking the neighbor boy to school that morning. I recall reading something about that early on in the case although I don’t think it ever was confirmed if she did or not?

JMO

BBM

Just my opinion.....but she didn't need to exert herself all that much. I think she drugged him and then just rolled that sweet little boy down a ravine somewhere after riding around looking for a good spot. The woods and undergrowth in that part of the world are extremely heavy and he would easily be hidden from view until nature and wildlife took over in a matter of hours.
I also don't think DDS played an active role in anything that morning. I believe Terri thought she could dispose of Kyron and that would solve all her problems, but I don't think she told anyone else. She set it up and carried out her plans with only a baby as her witness. DDS may know something but I think it was probably after the fact...and she was aware of Terri's true feelings about Kaine and Kyron.
Occam's Razor is true in 99% of murder cases like this. I don't think it was a complicated crime at all because Terri had the baby with her. It was all over in the time it took for Kyron to become unconscious, and then dumped in the woods somewhere. As soon as she left the school I think she gave Kyron the drugs possibly mixed with booze, and he passed out soon after. He was hidden in that plastic bin maybe. She worked on establishing her alibi and then when he was fully comatose she left him somewhere to die while she went about her day....

I wonder how Kaine is doing, new woman in his life? He rarely does media interviews, or have I just missed them?

From what I’ve read, I think KH still does the annual car shows and booths to raise awareness for Kyron. He hasn’t really spoken to the media much at all since he and DY did the last Dr. Phil show. Sadly, I sensed some discord between the two of them during that show and IMO that has probably continued.

I think KH has been in a relationship with a woman from the Skyline area for quite a few years now, although he’s never remarried.

JMO

BBM

Just my opinion.....but she didn't need to exert herself all that much. I think she drugged him and then just rolled that sweet little boy down a ravine somewhere after riding around looking for a good spot. The woods and undergrowth in that part of the world are extremely heavy and he would easily be hidden from view until nature and wildlife took over in a matter of hours.
I also don't think DDS played an active role in anything that morning. I believe Terri thought she could dispose of Kyron and that would solve all her problems, but I don't think she told anyone else. She set it up and carried out her plans with only a baby as her witness. DDS may know something but I think it was probably after the fact...and she was aware of Terri's true feelings about Kaine and Kyron.
Occam's Razor is true in 99% of murder cases like this. I don't think it was a complicated crime at all because Terri had the baby with her. It was all over in the time it took for Kyron to become unconscious, and then dumped in the woods somewhere. As soon as she left the school I think she gave Kyron the drugs possibly mixed with booze, and he passed out soon after. He was hidden in that plastic bin maybe. She worked on establishing her alibi and then when he was fully comatose she left him somewhere to die while she went about her day....

Just hate for it to be that "easy" for her, you know. I hate to think that she just "rolled him off the road" and left him somewhere. Just makes it that much harder to believe that they haven't found ANYTHING of his...that we know of.

so, next question. If the digital footprint (or whatever) puts TMH in the school, taking the picture at 8:45 and then witnesses say they saw them both leave a little while after--where is Kyron at the first, even the second Fred Meyer? Surely drugs have not kicked in by then and he's laying in the cab of the truck. Surely someone would have noticed if he was acting strangely at school that morning (if she gave him something on the way to school). According to her, she would have had about 15-20 minutes to get from school to first Fred Meyer--how much and what could she give him that would have knocked him out that quickly, to allow her to leave him in the truck? Or are we saying that she just gave him a pure overdose/committed heinous act in that 20 minutes (if it was confirmed that she was there)? Has the first Fred Meyer been confirmed by LE??

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back