Ok so now it is 2019...anyone have an update on Darlie?

Scoop: ABC News' '20/20' Presents Two-Hour Documentary on Dallas Housewife Currently on Death Row on 5/10

May. 6, 2019

"After claiming to survive the brutal stabbing that left her two sons dead, Dallas housewife Darlie Routier urged police to find the alleged intruder. In a shocking twist, she became the No. 1 suspect and was sentenced to death. Now, nearly 23 years since the case first captured the nation's attention, a two-hour "20/20" documentary explores the details of the crime, trial and Darlie's current defense team's retrial strategy for her as she sits on death row. "20/20" airs Friday, May 10 (9:00 - 11:00 p.m. EDT), on ABC..."

https://www.broadwayworld.com/bwwtv...sewife-Currently-on-Death-Row-on-510-20190506

Why did it take 10 years after they were granted permission? funding? 10 years is a long time !

Prosecutors and defense attorneys in the Darlie Lynn Routier homicide case from Dallas County, Texas, have asked a judge to continue to hold her state and federal appeals in abeyance so additional DNA testing can be completed.

Print won't be run until DNA complete. Supporters lie about the state refusing to run the print

Routier appeals await more tests | News, Sports, Jobs - Altoona Mirror

You can also find this in her appeals.

Prosecutors and defense attorneys in the Darlie Lynn Routier homicide case from Dallas County, Texas, have asked a judge to continue to hold her state and federal appeals in abeyance so additional DNA testing can be completed.

Print won't be run until DNA complete. Supporters lie about the state refusing to run the print

Routier appeals await more tests | News, Sports, Jobs - Altoona Mirror

You can also find this in her appeals.
Why is it taking so long for the DNA testing to be completed? Answer maybe on here somewhere, I think someone addressed this. Just so much to read through!

Convicted Child Killer Darlie Routier's Family Still Maintains Her Innocence (with clip)
Routier's young sons were murdered in 1996

Jun 14, 2019

"The family of a notorious, North Texas convicted killer is still fighting for her freedom more than 20 years later....

Several members of Routier’s family have maintained that she is innocent of the crime, including her mother, Darlie Kee....

Kee and a group of about two dozen supporters gathered at the Rockwall gravesite of Damon and Devon Friday, on what would have been Devon’s 30th birthday.

"I believe she will be exonerated within the year," said Kee, who holds out hope that crime scene evidence, which is now in the process of being DNA-tested, will clear her daughter's name...."

Darlie Routier's Mom Says DNA Will Exonerate Daughter

Darlie Kee has been saying her daughter will be exonerated soon ever since she was arrested. This is nothing new, just another interview saying the exact same thing - that DNA testing will clear her if only we had money to do it - so send money. It is and always has been b.s. The news stations in Dallas run her baloney every so often just because she’ll always go on camera so it’s cheap and easy.

Convicted Child Killer Darlie Routier's Family Still Maintains Her Innocence (with clip)
Routier's young sons were murdered in 1996

Jun 14, 2019

"The family of a notorious, North Texas convicted killer is still fighting for her freedom more than 20 years later....

Several members of Routier’s family have maintained that she is innocent of the crime, including her mother, Darlie Kee....

Kee and a group of about two dozen supporters gathered at the Rockwall gravesite of Damon and Devon Friday, on what would have been Devon’s 30th birthday.

"I believe she will be exonerated within the year," said Kee, who holds out hope that crime scene evidence, which is now in the process of being DNA-tested, will clear her daughter's name...."

Darlie Routier's Mom Says DNA Will Exonerate Daughter

Ms. Kee has been saying that since the beginning of time. Over 150 DNA tests on the evidence in 23 years and still there is nothing that gives her relief. All the DNA points right back at her.

It would appear with the running of 85J through the AFIS database that the DNA testing is complete and Darlie is now in her federal habeas appeal, which was denied and then reconsidered due to the change in the law on post-conviction DNA testing. The only thing left would be the SC.

Also - I would love to know if Drake ever had a DNA test. He sure doesn’t resemble his brothers. Maybe he isn’t Darin’s bio son.

Fingerprints in Routier case to be tested
Altoona native on Texas death row hopes for break

JUN 22, 2019

"Darlie Kee, the mother of an Altoona woman on death row in Texas for the 1996 stabbing deaths of her two young sons, has fought for years to have authorities run an unidentified bloody fingerprint found at the scene of the killings in hopes of exonerating her daughter.

Now after all these years, her wishes have come true.

Dallas County District Judge Gracie Lewis, in a June 14 order, instructed the County Clerk’s office and the Southwest Institute of Forensic Sciences to turn over two fingerprint lift cards of the bloody print and to release the cards to an investigator from the District Attorney’s office for transport to the Texas Department of Public Safety, where the prints will be run in an attempt to find a match.

If there is a match, it could be the break in the case the defense needs to either obtain a new trial or exonerate Kee’s daughter, Darlie Routier, now 49.

The print cards were listed as exhibits 85-I and 85-J when they were introduced in Routier’s 1997 trial...."

Fingerprints in Routier case to be tested | News, Sports, Jobs - Altoona Mirror

Fingerprints in Routier case to be tested
Altoona native on Texas death row hopes for break

JUN 22, 2019

"Darlie Kee, the mother of an Altoona woman on death row in Texas for the 1996 stabbing deaths of her two young sons, has fought for years to have authorities run an unidentified bloody fingerprint found at the scene of the killings in hopes of exonerating her daughter.

Now after all these years, her wishes have come true.

Dallas County District Judge Gracie Lewis, in a June 14 order, instructed the County Clerk’s office and the Southwest Institute of Forensic Sciences to turn over two fingerprint lift cards of the bloody print and to release the cards to an investigator from the District Attorney’s office for transport to the Texas Department of Public Safety, where the prints will be run in an attempt to find a match.

If there is a match, it could be the break in the case the defense needs to either obtain a new trial or exonerate Kee’s daughter, Darlie Routier, now 49.

The print cards were listed as exhibits 85-I and 85-J when they were introduced in Routier’s 1997 trial...."

Fingerprints in Routier case to be tested | News, Sports, Jobs - Altoona Mirror
I'm feeling a little dense here. What exactly is the defense's concern about the DPS procedures? Are they saying DPS will not run it through certain databases? I wish the attorney had explained what he meant. I dunno, maybe DPS will use AFIS but only the FBI can run it through their database (IAFIS)?

If there's no hit then what?
Routier’s defense team has no problems with the Texas Department of Public Safety testing and running the prints, but as to the 85-J print, the defense pointed out the DPS has procedures that may limit its running through national fingerprint data bases.

The Innocence Project fingerprint consultant, Matthew Marvin, stated in a letter concerning the issue that 85-J is suitable for comparison and searching through all available automated fingerprint systems.

Also on June 14, Routier’s attorneys, Richard Burr of Houston and J. Stephen Cooper and Richard Smith, both of Dallas, submitted a status report on the case, noting the effort to identify the bloody fingerprint found on a table at the murder scene.

That print allegedly does not belong to Routier, other family members or police officers and EMTs who arrived at the home the night of the killings.

I'm feeling a little dense here. What exactly is the defense's concern about the DPS procedures? Are they saying DPS will not run it through certain databases? I wish the attorney had explained what he meant. I dunno, maybe DPS will use AFIS but only the FBI can run it through their database (IAFIS)?

It may not fit DPS criteria to be run through their database since it's a partial smudged print. The motion is five pages long but unfortunately I don't have access to the other pages now. Richard Smith for the defense has stated if DPS won't accept it, he and the other appellate attorneys will seek other means to have it identified. I'll see if I can get the rest of those pages.

Don't know what happens if there is no hit. This is last chance saloon for Routier. None of the DNA has rendered anything but the family's DNA.

State expert Pat Weirtham cannot exclude Routier's right ring finger from this print. In 2015 this print blood was Y-STR DNA tested and there was no male DNA from sweat and/or fingerprint oil found in the blood. It's Routier's print, IMO.

There is a new podcast by Levi Page I haven't listened to it yet but am going to to. Has anybody heard it?

Here is the full order, it states the defense concern with DPS. This is a test in case I posted the wrong file.

This is the correct file, just click on it and it will download the pdf, then click on that and you can read it.

Attachments

• Letter to the DA from Richard Smith 85-J AFIS.pdf
    769.8 KB · Views: 38
Routier defense can explore evidence

August 12, 2019

"A judge in Dallas County, Texas, has issued an order giving defense attorneys representing Darlie Routier, a former Altoona woman on death row for the 1996 murder of one of her young sons, access to the district attorney’s files in the case.

Routier’s mother, Darlie Kee, who was raised in Altoona and still has many relatives in the area, sees this as another positive sign that her daughter is close to receiving a long-awaited hearing that could result in her either receiving a new trial or exoneration....

Routier is represented by several Texas attorneys, including Richard B. Smith and J. Stephen Cooper and the Innocence Project of New York.

The Routier post-conviction appeal has been stalled for more than a decade as DNA testing of blood samples from the crime scene have been underway.

According to an update filed in June by the defense and prosecution attorneys with the U.S. District Court for West Texas, the DNA testing is continuing.

But as of late last year and early this year, several developments have occurred that have brought hope to Routier’s mother.

The Innocence Project has joined the defense, and Dallas County District Judge Gracie Lewis has ordered the running of two bloody fingerprints that were collected from a coffee table at the scene but as of yet, have not been identified.

Kee hopes the prints the may lead to a possible suspect who, Routier claims, entered the home that fatal night.

Just a couple of weeks ago, Judge Lewis issued another order granting the defense access to the district attorney’s files in a effort to determine if the prosecution withheld exculpatory information from the defense in preparation for the 1997 trial.

Prosecutors are mandated to provide information in their possession that may be helpful to the defense....

Any information that the defense wants to disclose publicly must first be reviewed by the court, the Lewis order stated.

Kee this past week commented, “I think it is a good motion because they (the defense) will review everything (the) prosecutors did.”

Post-conviction hearings in both the Dallas County Court and Federal District Court for West Texas remain on hold."

Routier defense can explore evidence | News, Sports, Jobs - Altoona Mirror

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Postalgirl74
Back