OH OH - Tyler Davis, 29, Columbus, 24 February 2019 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
about the area where this happened - Easton town center was created by Les Wexner the owner of Victorias secret, Bath and Body Works, the Limited, and Express. He is a billionaire and lives down the road from Easton Town Center. I would venture to guess he's one of the wealthiest people in Ohio and the entire midwest. So I would also guess he would not like negative press about a person going missing at Easton Town Center. Could be the reason why there is so little media or LE info about tyler's case?????

The longer this has went with little media attention, the more I think you’re right. That’s really awful.

The lack of surveillance footage is troubling. Easton and surrounding properties are crawling with cameras. This is not a remote area. I'm not sure what to make of it.

totally agree. why on some missing persons cases we are provided CCTV of every movement, tracked by surveillance cameras until the person goes missing...but others (like this one) there is nothing??

Not out of sensationalism, but can you tell a little more about being drugged? Do you know what you were drugged with? How long it would have taken to kick in, don't know if you have timeframe when you must have been drugged.

I'm asking cause I don't know much about drugs and I wonder if Tylers behaviour and the timeframe could correspond with a certain drug. If Tyler would have been drugged at the Dollhouse was the passing out in the Uber the result of drugging and was the confusion/disorientation/anger the aftermath of the drugging. Or didn't the drug kick in untill the silent call?

How long did it take you to become conscious again?

Hi, sorry for the late response. It’s sort of hard for me to remember the specifics. It must’ve been something slipped in my drink. I remember vaguely about two hours before I totally passed out, which gets progressively blurrier to approaching that two hour mark. A few terrible, embarrassing moments that happened during that span pop out in my mind, but in general I was just sloppy and probably incoherent. The reason I know I must’ve been drugged and not just too drunk is because I handle alcohol incredibly well and have, or at least had, high tolerance. That night I only had ~2 cocktails and maybe a beer or two, which by no means would’ve induced a blackout sort of state in me.

I woke up the next morning around probably 9 or so feeling terrible and I could barely recall anything. I slightly remember hitting my face, throwing up, and getting thrown into the back of a taxi, but that’s about it. I asked my SO if we had actually seen the band we were there to see (answer, no, obviously) because I had no clue one way or the other.

The show probably started at 10, and I would say I got there around 7:30. So, between that time and a little before 10 I would assume is as long as I made it. I have idea at what point the drugging would’ve occurred.

Also, stareyes, I’m so, so sorry that happened to you.

EBM, clarification

Last edited:
The problem with the "TD was drugged" theory is that he woke up and then went out on a walk. Most roofied people don't do this. Jerks who sneak drugs into people's drinks usually use drugs that are strong enough to incapacitate a person. TD was not incapacitated. He took a quick catnap on his uber ride. That is all, and that is understandable considering what he'd been through the previous 24 hours. What made him go to sleep in the car was a mixture of alcohol and exhaustion from work and being a dad to a young kid. That's more than enough to make him sleepy and delirious.

The problem with the "TD was drugged" theory is that he woke up and then went out on a walk. Most roofied people don't do this. Jerks who sneak drugs into people's drinks usually use drugs that are strong enough to incapacitate a person. TD was not incapacitated. He took a quick catnap on his uber ride. That is all, and that is understandable considering what he'd been through the previous 24 hours. What made him go to sleep in the car was a mixture of alcohol and exhaustion from work and being a dad to a young kid. That's more than enough to make him sleepy and delirious.
Maybe he was drugged in the car or shortly after....

There has to be more to this story. Still absolutely NOTHING from law enforcement or his parents/family? Has anyone else ever seen a case like this where there's been nothing at all confirmed by law enforcement and the ones last seen or known to be with the missing person not be officially cleared when not named a poi? How about where no family members of the missing person (other than wife who was last with him iin this case) have spoken out at all to the media or to raise awareness?

There has to be more to this story. Still absolutely NOTHING from law enforcement or his parents/family? Has anyone else ever seen a case like this where there's been nothing at all confirmed by law enforcement and the ones last seen or known to be with the missing person not be officially cleared when not named a poi? How about where no family members of the missing person (other than wife who was last with him iin this case) have spoken out at all to the media or to raise awareness?
I know, this is baffling me.

Is there a chance that he just took off on his own? Was angry at the wife, had a fight, and just said the heck with this, I'm done?

Have they even found any evidence what so ever that he went for this walk, or is this just coming from the wife and friend? I forget- did he have his cell phone with him? If so, where did it ping last?

I know, this is baffling me.

Is there a chance that he just took off on his own? Was angry at the wife, had a fight, and just said the heck with this, I'm done?

Have they even found any evidence what so ever that he went for this walk, or is this just coming from the wife and friend? I forget- did he have his cell phone with him? If so, where did it ping last?
It has been almost 4 months since Tyler disappeared. I would think that anything was possible at this point, as we have been told almost nothing by LE. So I don't think anything can be ruled out as a possibility. The most likely explanation would be drunken misadventure combined with hypothermia, but then why hasn't he been found?

There was a map of google locations supposedly showing where Tyler had walked, but it wasn't released by LE, so I don't know how authentic that mapping was. It was posted on Tyler's thread, at one time, but I don't know if it was removed. LE has never said, "This is the last place Tyler's phone was at." The NAMUS information for Tyler just puts him in the Columbus, Ohio 43219 zip code area. NAMUS also states he was last seen near the Easton Hilton.

Is there a possibility that people...just concerned citizens like us, could create a crowdfunding account to pay for a private investigator in a case like this? I really feel like his family deserves answers, and that this is just too weird to let go. Would that be crossing a line?

Hi, sorry for the late response. It’s sort of hard for me to remember the specifics. It must’ve been something slipped in my drink. I remember vaguely about two hours before I totally passed out, which gets progressively blurrier to approaching that two hour mark. A few terrible, embarrassing moments that happened during that span pop out in my mind, but in general I was just sloppy and probably incoherent. The reason I know I must’ve been drugged and not just too drunk is because I handle alcohol incredibly well and have, or at least had, high tolerance. That night I only had ~2 cocktails and maybe a beer or two, which by no means would’ve induced a blackout sort of state in me.

I woke up the next morning around probably 9 or so feeling terrible and I could barely recall anything. I slightly remember hitting my face, throwing up, and getting thrown into the back of a taxi, but that’s about it. I asked my SO if we had actually seen the band we were there to see (answer, no, obviously) because I had no clue one way or the other.

The show probably started at 10, and I would say I got there around 7:30. So, between that time and a little before 10 I would assume is as long as I made it. I have idea at what point the drugging would’ve occurred.

Also, stareyes, I’m so, so sorry that happened to you.

EBM, clarification
Thank you! I’m so so sorry it happened to you, too.

100% agree! I think nothing from his parents/family baffles me even more than nothing from LE. I have no idea what they’re privy to or if they’ve been asked to keep quiet. I’ve not seen this before. jmo

I know this isn’t directed for me, but I can give my experience. I was drugged by a bartender and brutally assaulted/raped by him and another man. Nobody noticed I was drugged. At first, it just looks like you’re really drunk. I frequented that club often, so it wasn’t unusual for me to be tipsy/drunk there. Best I can figure out, the drug took effect pretty fast. I eventually realized something wasn’t right, but I couldn’t hold my concentration long enough to do anything about it. They said I was slurring my words and not making a lot of sense, but the 2 guys I left with were “taking care of me and taking me home”. (These were 2 “friends”, the bartender & other guy who drugged me and I left with.) I felt safe with them/never thought they’d hurt me. By the time we left, it had been a few hours. I kept setting my drinks down and losing them, but the bartender kept giving me another. I likely only sipped a few drinks of each one. I have little memory of those hours or leaving or arriving at 1 of their apartments. I thought it odd, but I guess I blacked out. I have hideous breakthrough memories. I know I tried to crawl away at one point and they dragged me back by my ankles. Next memory, it was about 7hrs from the 1st drink. I was freaked out because I couldn’t figure out why I was in that apt and in a ton of pain. Somehow, I faked like I was fine and 1 took me home. I was still very confused. I was super nauseous and had a horrid headache. By the time I realized I’d likely been slipped a rape drug, I was terrified. I didn’t tell anyone for several years. I moved immediately to get away. My fears were made true when they bragged about it to a friend. I was horrified. My mind didn’t really clear for over 24hrs after drugged. I just couldn’t think through anything very precisely. I was scared of the men, especially their families. I have no idea how I appeared in the time that’s lost to me. I wish I didn’t have the few memories that I do.

My friend was on a date in another bar years later. His beer was drugged. He knew what happened to me, so he recognized it immediately and they left. Turns out, that club was known for drugging people. The owners had a lot of power in the community, plus mafia connections, so no one would press charges. Most of the rape drugs clear your system really quickly via your kidneys. Unless you go to the ER immediately, the drugs don’t show up. It becomes a he said/she said at that point.

Sorry so lengthy. That’s all JMO and just my experience.

Ebm: spelling

Something similar happened to a friend. She went to the police station they laughed it off. Owner of the club worked with dirty cops. Cops told her to shut up and that she was in over her head just be happy you're still alive. Club owner threatened her to remain silent or would release rape footage.
This stuff happens way more often then we'd care to admit. and to guys even!

Some people drug random drinks just because they think it’s funny. I’m not kidding. I’ve got 2 friends who drank Diet Coke in a bar and both were drugged. As long as something masks the taste, there’s no telling until you start to feel it. Thankfully, people talk about the dangers of this a lot now, and I know for a fact that it’s helped a lot of people figure out what’s wrong and/or prevent anything nefarious. I can’t wrap my mind around why those types of people think it’s funny. It’s so dangerous. People can die with bad reactions or too strong a dose. I’ll never forget reading about a teenage girl who was drugged at an alcohol free function. It was in her Mt Dew. She died. It’s just really scary. Needless to say, after my experience, I NEVER leave a drink unless my friends are literally holding it while I go to the restroom. I don’t accept free drinks. Since the bartender was my perp, I don’t trust them either. I know 99% of bartenders are on the level and would die before drugging anyone, but the 1% and my experience make me paranoid. Ugh. jmo

I've been drugged at a nice cocktail lounge bar and at a dive bar. Best to order a can or bottle of beer open it yourself. You cannot trust anyone. I was drugged by my female friend!
I love cocktails but did not expect to be dosed at a nice cocktail lounge.
I have overheard bartenders bragging about dosing people as a sadistic joke. Not always about rape or robbery. Makes no sense to me but I'm not a sadist either.

no. I think LE isn't investigating. My advice would for his parents to create a media stir before it's COLD.

I've been drugged at a nice cocktail lounge bar and at a dive bar. Best to order a can or bottle of beer open it yourself. You cannot trust anyone. I was drugged by my female friend!
I love cocktails but did not expect to be dosed at a nice cocktail lounge.
I have overheard bartenders bragging about dosing people as a sadistic joke. Not always about rape or robbery. Makes no sense to me but I'm not a sadist either.
I am with you 100%
No rhyme or reason sometimes... it can sometimes just be a way to passively mess with someone.
No idea why people don’t think of consequences, as this can lead to death.. it’s not freaking funny.

the motives, the perps and the victims of drugging aren’t as stereotypical as people think.

If this was my son, brother, etc- I would not only be searching for him, but I'd be on social media and anywhere that I could be to draw attention to my loved one being missing.

No one is pleading for him- his safe return, information or tips- what is going on?

Something similar happened to a friend. She went to the police station they laughed it off. Owner of the club worked with dirty cops. Cops told her to shut up and that she was in over her head just be happy you're still alive. Club owner threatened her to remain silent or would release rape footage.
This stuff happens way more often then we'd care to admit. and to guys even!
That is truly horrid! Your poor friend! I know 100% that I’d have been raked over the coals had I tried to press charges. The men came from prominent families in that community and one was thought of as could do no wrong. I struggle with not going to the cops, but it was the right thing for me. I have such awful PTSD, I’m not sure if I’d have survived if I pressed charges on them. It happens a LOT, and it most certainly happens to men, too. Men are even more apt to not come forward due to such a stigma. It’s awful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni